Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Rev vs. Vere
Rev vs. Vere
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 08:31:00
Link | Citer | R

I'd have to double check, but 99% sure that was the combo. mnk/blm w/ pluto staff and some but not much MAB gears.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-03-07 09:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Francisco said:
My LS is pretty good about helping out with stuff like this. Even so, once we're done with the two weapons we're working on (Vere and the katana) to 85, we're gonna focus on a Masamune, Almace and Armageddon for some the people who helped us out a lot - and hold out a bit on 90.
This is good to hear and I'm glad for you guys, but doesn't really answer my question. Of course you found going for Vere easier than WoE: because you had your LS do it for you. It's kinda the same for me and WoE. I didn't have to bother wasting endless weeks of farming in WoE through hordes of leechers lotting my coins. I just went a few times with my LS on our WoE weekly event (when we still used to do it) and found myself with a lot of coins without even realizing. Of course I found it easy. It's kinda the same situation, altough the amount of effort/time required to farm 2 empyreal isn't really the same you have to infuse inside a few WoE #7 runs, I guess.

So yeah, but I wonder how did your LS leader chose the people who received the gift of seeing the entire LS work for them and their Empyreal? Did they /random? I'm really curious.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-07 10:22:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said:
So yeah, but I wonder how did your LS leader chose the people who received the gift of seeing the entire LS work for them and their Empyreal? Did they /random? I'm really curious.

We've started working on doing empyreans for our ls members with attendance above XX% over X days.

It's really not that hard. we started grinding it out hardcore maybe 2 weeks ago and have completed 5 since then, so to get one for an entire ls isn't that tough.
 Quetzalcoatl.Bigdadddy
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bigdadddy 2011-03-07 10:24:42
Link | Citer | R

I have a group of 3 + me and my mule, that made an empy static. Its been pretty easy so far. Finish about 1 stage a week. Some were faster, for instance my Vere 85 (worm stage) took about 3-4 days because I farmed all the pops on me and my mule before our meet time.

We simply did everyone's stage 1 in a little less then a month. We are currently working on our 3rd lvl 85 weapon. If you have good friends with the right jobs (which should be less of an issue now-a-days) Can pump everything out pretty easy.

It was next to impossible to find help for the lvl 80 stage weapons (not that we asked for help), but we have tons of people offering to come out to help with the 85 weapons since we are almost capped on +2 gear for said NMs. Its nice because we can get people +2s and we get more bodies to hold pops. Seem to get stuff done at the same rate even with the increased competition on the timed NM pops.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-03-07 11:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Bigdadddy said:
If you have good friends with the right jobs (which should be less of an issue now-a-days)
I'm pretty sure it still is an issue for the majority of players ;)
Altough I can agree it is probably much less than in the past.

Oh and the attendance idea is pretty nice (and fair) as well.
My LS started focusing on Empyreal only recently with a new rule. LS is going to help anybody with stage 2, but members are supposed to do stage 1 on their own.
This way people can show their dedication by completing stage1, and LS members will get something in return (+2 materials) while helping people on stage 2.
I kinda like it tbh, it definitely sounds more fair than a lot of other rules I've read about.
Altough this doesn't really solve the issues I mentioned before. Stage1 is the real cockblock. Firstly because it's hard to get people to help you with that (they get nothing in return), secondly because for some weapons stage1 is really annoying: annoying NMs and annoying farming of countless KI to get a pop.
So yeah, doesn't really change a lot because getting help for Stage2 has never been that much of an issue. It'a always easy to get help even from random players when you can offer freelot +2 materials.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 12:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Of course you found going for Vere easier than WoE: because you had your LS do it for you.

I dual boxed the majority of my Chloris trial and gathered KI and shouted for ppl who wanted af3+2 on Ulhuadshi. The actual knitty gritty of the work, I'd say I did 80+% of my entire emp dual boxed.

Even though I had 20 of my 30 coins before they updated drop rates, over all, it took me less time do finish Vereth 85 than it did to get 30 coins
 Fenrir.Skylong
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skylong
By Fenrir.Skylong 2011-03-07 13:15:07
Link | Citer | R

I was originally going to do vere and will still do it eventually, but I was lucky and stumbled across 30 coins in a short amount of time. Was playing around in flux 3 as MNK/DNC and got a few coins of adv, eventually teaming up with some JP players to beat flux 2 a bunch of times. I placed 3rd or 4th for several runs and got 15 coins from pouches as well as 15 from mobs in a night's work.
 Bismarck.Luces
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-03-07 14:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:
- we've shot our Cataclysms up to 3.8k with a cor, and ultimate/hell's guardian/bayingmoon. Using the warmage+1 staff with +5 MAB, hec/moldy earring.
Plutos staff > warmage+1 will give you catas way more damage as last I checked, elemental weapons skills like that are not based of the weapons base damage and you get the 15% increases in damage from the hq staff, or even the nq's 10% is still greater then 5mab.(this one I would need confirmed or debunked as this is what I have picked up from my readings)
Atma of the cosmos > baying moon. Atma of the cosmos is + darkness damage: major(30) which is way more powerful then 30 mab aswell. I use this on my Sanguine Blade build and Cosmos will more damage then baying moon.

Alexander.Francisco
Serveur: Alexander
user: Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2011-03-07 21:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said:

I'll be more specific. To answer your most recent question - our LS leader did not decide who gets Empyrean weapons, and we did not have the entire LS working on it. The NIN and I set up our own runs on Chloris/Briareus - helped each other out and took turns on the zones. We asked others for help, and quite a few helped out. (We usually had 5-6 total per run)...

To answer your other questions more specifically...

Quote:
What did you offer them?

Nothing specific. I did previously help them get various amounts of AF3+1 and +2, and continue to do so.

Quote:
How did you convince them to help you?

Just asked, really. But as I mentioned, we're going to be working on an Almace, an Armageddon and a Masamune for our WHM/BLM/BLU, COR/BLU/THF and SAM/THF/WAR guys.

Quote:
How did you manage to find a timeslot suitable for all of your friends, to avoid the business everybody has everyday? ("no tonight LS event", "no I have dynamis", "No I promised my gf to help her farming body seals" etc)

The NIN and I coordinated our schedules at the beginning of each week to set times we'd be free to go on mass Briareus/Chloris runs. Anyone else, we'd just take who we could get.

I think it helps a lot that we don't have a set LS event schedule - just Saturday nights are the official "get people +2s" event night... but we really work on this stuff all the time... Worst case scenario, the NIN and I would just duo up a ton of the pop items (Tarnished Pincer, Shriveled Wing, Acidic Humus, Exorcised Skull... etc...) and D.Box them each other and mules - and just have all the less to do when we have helpers.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Angelinn
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2011-04-08 04:47:37
Link | Citer | R

unintentional necro with useless information. Sorry! edited out my comment.