Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Rev vs. Vere
Rev vs. Vere
 Alexander.Francisco
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2011-02-20 10:09:09
Link | Citer | R

We usually buy some of the cheap pop items from the AH - but they're usually in very short supply.

It takes us like 2-4 hours to get 4-5 Chloris pops. The biggest timesink seems to be HQ Clionid Wing, which has a shitty drop rate.

More specifically, a MNK/DNC or NIN/DNC can easily solo Vetehinen or Gancanagh for those pop items - which are 100% drop. Halimede is kind of a *** with Chainspell.

It's absolutely nothing to farm Bloodshot Hecteyes, Venomous Scorpion Stinger, Bloody Fang and Baleful Skull.

Cannered Noz can also be soloed by MNK/DNC or NIN/DNC - but it's a little safer to duo.

It takes under 3 minutes per key item NM - except Chukwa who might take a little longer.

Definitely doesn't take over four hours, unless you just can't claim Chukwa. The key is to max people out on one NM at a time... if you run all over the zone completing one KI set at a time - you'll be there forever.

Cleaving is nice if you have a large group and need to start a ton of sets... After a while though, you'd be better off moving to NMs instead of cleaving. A person who is 2/4 or 3/4 might not see the key items they need for hours - but they could finish their set in 15-30 minutes.

If you have a smaller group, I wouldn't even bother cleaving... it'll take just as much time getting lights prepped as it would for you to knock off the "***" part of Chloris farming for 4-5 people.

Team up with people who are goal oriented - and don't lose focus easily. If people show up to empyrean farming bitching for other NMs, team up with someone else - or just tell them to wait til after Chloris.

Finally, if you can manage to have a BLM helper - the best use is to have them run around killing mobs til azure is capped. It'll help pick up some TEs and save people the headache of needing to exit/add time.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Serveur: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-20 10:10:23
Link | Citer | R

I'd cleave for a set period of time, then go do NMS that people are missing afterwards. It all depends on how many people and what job spread you have.

There are some days where I get a lot of KI that are needed and some days where no KI appear at all.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 12:51:07
Link | Citer | R

From one run, WoE is definitely the way to go if your lookin for fast weapons.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-21 16:10:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
From one run, WoE is definitely the way to go if you want to gamble for a chance at a fast weapon.
Fixed that for you.

not sure how it is on your server, but WoE is *** packed on Sylph.

It doesn't matter how much ***drops if you don't win the lot. Could get your wep on the first day, but you'd have to be lucky. Could also take you up to a month if you're unlucky.

Most people will meet somewhere in the middle, but I def wouldn't call it the "fast weapon" when depending on your luck, they take as long or longer than actual emps.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 16:13:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
From one run, WoE is definitely the way to go if you want to gamble for a chance at a fast weapon.
Fixed that for you.

It doesn't matter how much ***drops if you don't win the lot. Could get your wep on the first day, but you'd have to be lucky. Could also take you up to a month if you're unlucky.

Most people will meet somewhere in the middle, but I def wouldn't call it the "fast weapon" when depending on your luck, they take as long or longer than actual emps.

On my server, during NA time, WoE is empty. It takes me 2 days to finish weapons. I started my GK today at 1pm est, and im 21/30 lol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-21 16:15:29
Link | Citer | R

People can also finish emps in 2 days, lol so I'm not really seeing how it's faster.

If you mean faster as in actual man hours you spend, sure. But other than that, you're stuck in between runs and medallions where you can't do ***and don't come to such barriers during emp farming so can plow right through it.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 16:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
People can also finish emps in 2 days, lol so I'm not really seeing how it's faster.

If you mean faster as in actual man hours you spend, sure. But other than that, you're stuck in between runs and medallions where you can't do ***and don't come to such barriers during emp farming so can plow right through it.

To finish in two days, you have to sit there and grind that ***out for 12+ hour sessions. You also have to have other people that are willing to do it with you for pretty much nothing.

Also, in the other thread, i explained that my server sucks. Theres very few good groups. If it isnt abyssea exp, ppl arent doing it.
By Serj 2011-02-21 16:23:06
Link | Citer | R

Imo, the biggest appeal to WoE is that everyone can work towards what they want at the same time. And it's pretty fun to do with friends lol.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 16:25:42
Link | Citer | R

I like doing WoE on dnc. No one is going to finish first besides me. I *** block healers and do good DD. I beat a vere mnk and kannagi nin for first in flux 5. Got my last two bags to finish my bow then.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-21 16:27:06
Link | Citer | R

Well if you're going to grind 12 hour sessions, if my choices were 12 hours straight and the awesome edition vs 12 hour session of 45 min fight, 30 min cool down, 45 min fight, 30 min cool down for the heavily watered down version, I'd go for the 12 hour straight and get it over with, lol.

As far as the other people comment, I agree to an extent. Vereth, def more than 2 days(though I don't see any advancement in that screen shot, lol), week to a week and a half dual box. Some *** like Carabosse, for massamune, easy 2 days dual box.

Stage 1 is the only one you'll generally need people willing to help for nothing (or just another char like I do). 85 and 90 have af3+2 and other goodies, so you'll never be w/o help for a quick fight.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 16:29:01
Link | Citer | R

Theres an advance bag right above the two decay >.>
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-21 16:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Serj said:
Imo, the biggest appeal to WoE is that everyone can work towards what they want at the same time. And it's pretty fun to do with friends lol.
Really depends. The majority of the good weapons are across 2 coin types, so it'll be rare you get a group of 4-5 that can clear a zone that's not going to have conflicting lots.

Sword, gax, katana on one, h2h on another. There will be some people who want coins of birth or decay, but all the bandwagon weps are in the gax/katana/sword/h2h group, which leaves much room for conflict when it comes to "at the same time"

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
I like doing WoE on dnc. No one is going to finish first besides me. I *** block healers and feed TP. I beat a vere mnk and kannagi nin for first in flux 5. Got my last two bags to finish my bow then.
Nin can easily beat dnc if they know what they're doing. Though, luckily for you, the one in question did not.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-21 16:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Theres an advance bag right above the two decay >.>
Well it's only 1!
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 16:34:29
Link | Citer | R

better? >.>

And those are all from 1st place coffer bags, or i wouldnt even have them. dont need any advance.

Edit: i think i have a pic of first place over vere mnk too >.> ima look.
By Serj 2011-02-21 16:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Serj said:
Really depends. The majority of the good weapons are across 2 coin types, so it'll be rare you get a group of 4-5 that can clear a zone that's not going to have conflicting lots.

Sword, gax, katana on one, h2h on another. There will be some people who want coins of birth or decay, but all the bandwagon weps are in the gax/katana/sword/h2h group, which leaves much room for conflict when it comes to "at the same time"

I like doing WoE on dnc. No one is going to finish first besides me. I *** block healers and feed TP. I beat a vere mnk and kannagi nin for first in flux 5. Got my last two bags to finish my bow then.
Nin can easily beat dnc if they know what they're doing. Though, luckily for you, the one in question did not.

Even still, when I do it on Bahamut, just about no one is in the zone, ever. At most we'll have 1-2 leeches, if that. It still doesn't take very long to get a few people with 30 coins. And it is more fun =3

Also, Tiger, is your avatar from Yu-yu-Hakisho?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-21 16:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
There's no need for a pic. It's not an accomplishment at all.

It's based on the campaign system.

There's a cap for damage, a cap for magic dmg, cap for enfeebles, cap for healing, etc etc.

Mnk obviously isn't going to be hitting all of those areas.

It's not even based on usefulness in the run. Just do what gets points and you'll score.

The reason I mentioned the nin is because if he had subbed dnc, enfeebled, cured, and what he probably didn't do, ninjutsu damage, nin can easily rank first over a dancer.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-21 16:39:32
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Also, Tiger, is your avatar from Yu-yu-Hakisho?

Yes
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 16:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
There's no need for a pic. It's not an accomplishment at all.

It's based on the campaign system.

There's a cap for damage, a cap for magic dmg, cap for enfeebles, cap for healing, etc etc.

Mnk obviously isn't going to be hitting all of those areas.

It's not even based on usefulness in the run. Just do what gets points and you'll score.

The reason I mentioned the nin is because if he had subbed dnc, enfeebled, cured, and what he probably didn't do, ninjutsu damage, nin can easily rank first over a dancer.

Good point, dnc doesnt have magic dmg. Idk, i just know i always get first no matter what lol.
 Alexander.Tedril
user: Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2011-02-22 10:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Fixed that for you.

On my server, during NA time, WoE is empty. It takes me 2 days to finish weapons. I started my GK today at 1pm est, and im 21/30 lol.

So tidus, is it really empty on weekends? that is my more free time. For WoE I mean.
 Cerberus.Blazed
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-02-24 00:32:43
Link | Citer | R

this thread has helped me out a lot.

We buy what we can/afford from AH.
Upon entering abyssea
-At start entire 10 man group does the usual azure>pearl> TE 200 minutes.
(3x BLMs usually cap azure in less than 10 mins)
(good group of 2xNINs and 2xMNKs can cap pearl in 20-25)

we then split up and:

-2x MNK/SAM Cata farm> Cap amber (Takes 4-5 huge Pulls performed by a THF/NIN) and supported by a WHM, COR, and BRD - we've shot our Cataclysms up to 3.8k with a cor, and ultimate/hell's guardian/bayingmoon. Using the warmage+1 staff with +5 MAB, hec/moldy earring.

-1x Blu and 1x BLM or RDM/SCH-RDM/BLM SW farm TE's - one pull>kill takes 5-6 minutes if our Blu and sleeper are focused, 10-15 minutes if they are *** around. But thats ok because we usually get TEs to around 400-700 minutes within first hour of having capped azure/pearl.

-While MNKs are capping amber and Blu+sleeper are farming TE's (they also get a lot of gold chests and KI's after amber is capped) we have
2 groups of 1x NIN 1x WAR 1x WHM alternating NMs (that's 6 Chloris Pops) - this takes them about an hour to 90 minutes.

-Usually, the MNKs group will have a lot of KI's and close to complete glavoid/chloris. But there have been times when neither BLU and sleeper, nor mnks and their support have gotten much.

After the 2 groups of NIN/WAR/WHM have their 6 chloris pops, we just knock them out in an hour. then move onto glavoid if we have any, then lacovies. If anyone is close to having a chloris pop (usually everyone but the NINs/wars/whms) we finish them up, repop some chloriss and call it a day.

we have a mule RNG @ chukwa the entire time

How many chloris did we get done with the above method : 14
How many Buds did we get: 21
total time spent in Aby-Tah: 7 hours and 30/40sh minutes - We had at least 3 30 minute breaks, and our blu dies a lot (1 out of every 4 pulls at least - that's because the sleeper is the mule of one of the NINs, so he's not always paying attention)
How many Gavloids done: 7
How many Shells: 14 (*** you SE)
How many lacovies: 5 (and 5 goadling belts lol)

Things to note:

Do shouts in town for leechers who will pay for either exp (blue farming TE's is a lot of exp over the course of 4 hours) or for a glavoid/lacovie/chloris pop set - either they need it, or you can have them hold it for an extra few kills = more buds/shells.

Sell gear - if you can, it covers your losses for buying pincers/wings
and is a nice reward for the people who came and spent all that time running around chasing ***. Goadling belts can fetch 1 mil, Brisk Masks 200-500k (yes, even today people are willing to pay. thank god my server is full of shitty *** lazy people)

Our first Vere should be done on Sunday, and Uko done on friday. Since using the above method, we should have spent no more than 20 hours total for Lv. 80 Uko and Lv.80 vere
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-03-07 04:11:50
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Francisco said:
The key is to take friends and have a dedicated group.
Which is clearly a very powerful "key" for EVERYTHING, and not one everybody can claim to possess.
Getting friends to help you farm one of the most annoying/boring NM to farm (maybe only Glavoid is on par, but I still think Chloris is worse) without anything they can gain out of it is not an easy task.
Also, while Chloris surely isn't a hard NM, the Doom thing is definitely annoying.
I wonder how do people manage to get 4-5 friends to help with farming and killing of ~30 Chloris.
What did you offer them? How did you convince them to help you? How did you manage to find a timeslot suitable for all of your friends, to avoid the business everybody has everyday? ("no tonight LS event", "no I have dynamis", "No I promised my gf to help her farming body seals" etc)

The good part about Vere, I guess, is that Ulhu, while he can be annoying too, is generally very easy and straightforward, at least from my experience.
Dragua too is... not easy as an Orthrus I guess, but then again not as annoying as an Apademak or an Azdaja, so I'd say good chances to get to level 90 version in reasonable time, once you're through Chloris.

As for the WoE thing, I agree WoE is currently HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (maybe next patch will make things easier?) but if you have a group doing #7, things are much easier. It regularly drops 2-4 pouches of coins, and if you place in the first 5, you're gonna get 1-2 more pouches. I don't see how doing an empy would be easier than this, unless you have a LS doing the dirty work for you and you just leech the materials.
With a LS of like 15 people doing 3-4 runs once per week, you get a lot of coins, and that's how I got mine for example, altough I still have them rotting in my MH, trying to make up my mind on what to do.
Well... kinda made up my mind already for H2H, since it's the only weapon I upgraded and I went for Revenant. Not really building a new one from scratch for Vere, I loathe trials probably more than anybody else, can't really stand wasting full days waiting even 9hrs for a *** NM to pop >.>
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-03-07 04:22:16
Link | Citer | R

I personally took around 35 hours to finish Revenant Fists, including downtime. Spread around about five days. Got the most out of spamming flux 2 at JP prime time, despite many a dickwad JP lotting every single coin.

I know someone who took two weeks to get 30 coins.

On the other hand, my friend has done WoE twice. First time he got 30 glory in 3 runs of Flux 7. Second he got 37 decay in one day doing wyverns(Flux 5 I think? The boss is a Hydra.) HE'S DONE IT TWICE. Makes me angry.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 07:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The good part about Vere, I guess, is that Ulhu, while he can be annoying too, is generally very easy and straightforward, at least from my experience.
Dragua too is... not easy as an Orthrus I guess, but then again not as annoying as an Apademak or an Azdaja, so I'd say good chances to get to level 90 version in reasonable time, once you're through Chloris.

Well, really Dragua can be pretty much the easiest trial, if you're willing to throw down some Cruor on the fight.

W/ a decent atma set up and catacylsm, you can kill 5-6 dragua per individual brew. Only reason I don't have my lv 90 yet is because I don't have 3-4 extra bodies for that and my brews would be wasted on only 2 per brew.
 Alexander.Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2011-03-07 08:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

W/ a decent atma set up and catacylsm, you can kill 5-6 dragua per individual brew. Only reason I don't have my lv 90 yet is because I don't have 3-4 extra bodies for that and my brews would be wasted on only 2 per brew.

I was getting pretty excited by this - but then worried people might be BSing about being able to get 5-6 in per brew. Not that they won't die fast enough, but aren't most ??? repops ~60 seconds - and brew only lasts 3 minutes?

Pop first NM / brew, kill in say 20 seconds... wait 60 seconds... pop 2nd, kill in 20 seconds... wait 60 seconds, pop third, kill in 20 seconds... in any event, brew would definitely wear off somewhere around the end of the third kill, and definitely before you can pop the fourth - unless I'm wrong about wyrm ???s repop faster than 60 seconds.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 08:09:08
Link | Citer | R

You talk to the martello or conflux. The timer doesn't count down while you are talking to an NPC
 Alexander.Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2011-03-07 08:18:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said:
Alexander.Francisco said:
The key is to take friends and have a dedicated group.
Which is clearly a very powerful "key" for EVERYTHING, and not one everybody can claim to possess.
Getting friends to help you farm one of the most annoying/boring NM to farm (maybe only Glavoid is on par, but I still think Chloris is worse) without anything they can gain out of it is not an easy task.
Also, while Chloris surely isn't a hard NM, the Doom thing is definitely annoying.
I wonder how do people manage to get 4-5 friends to help with farming and killing of ~30 Chloris.
What did you offer them? How did you convince them to help you? How did you manage to find a timeslot suitable for all of your friends, to avoid the business everybody has everyday? ("no tonight LS event", "no I have dynamis", "No I promised my gf to help her farming body seals" etc)

My LS is pretty good about helping out with stuff like this. Even so, once we're done with the two weapons we're working on (Vere and the katana) to 85, we're gonna focus on a Masamune, Almace and Armageddon for some the people who helped us out a lot - and hold out a bit on 90.

Quote:

The worst part is definitely over for me - as I'm done with Chloris. I'm 14/50 on Ulhudashi and the NIN is 22/50 on Sobek - but this week is pretty hectic for both of us with work and hard for us to coordinate... I figure if we have a THF for all/most of the kills we're looking at ~18 Sobeks and ~22 Ulhudashi's to complete. We're feeling a little bit of pressure to rush this week - as our server is getting merged with Shiva next week... and Gukamatz is already a horror show... Amun not so much, but there's probably someone there at least half the time.
 Alexander.Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2011-03-07 08:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You talk to the martello or conflux. The timer doesn't count down while you are talking to an NPC

Didn't think of that - thanks.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 08:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Also, you won't be using smite for this. You'll be using Cataclysm, unless you think you can match cata w/ smite (which plain isn't happening, lol)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 08:21:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
 Alexander.Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2011-03-07 08:29:44
Link | Citer | R

That was with Griffon Claw/Smiting Blow/Cosmos?