Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21575 21576 21577 ... 22588 22589 22590
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2019-09-06 11:05:13
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
I should draw something.
A cute enderman giving a tight hug to a pupper and saying "mine". :D
Was thinking more along the lines of Kamen Rider related, sorry.

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
saw Zero One last night.
it seemed ok, but not much of an impact for a 1st episode.
I feel it was a pretty good first episode. I thought it did a good job of kicking off the whole AI thing with that comedian replaying his memories in private, it set up the mystery of that flooded town and the crashed sattelite, it gave a glimpse into the relationship between the AIMS members, and it presented Jin as a plausible threat without forcing an early encounter between him and Aruto. Normally I'd say Aruto's goofiness needs to be toned down, but it actually fits with his character this time around so I'm cool with giving it a few episodes and seeing how the rest of the cast balances him out at least.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-09-06 11:22:08
Link | Citer | R

yeah I agree, the goofynes could be toned down, but I can see some of it going away now that his job changed.
dont think I have anything negative to say about it, story wise, seems like the pacing will be good, and loved how he doesnt go all rider mode off the bat, he actually had to read the manual lol.

I just felt it didnt had that impact, that punch or explosion some other rider 1st episodes leave. (really hard to beat W, as he floats in the air while the chopper unloads into the building lol)
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-09-06 11:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile:
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2019-09-06 12:55:52
Link | Citer | R

My gosh do I feel nothing but pity for the mental state so many people seem to have descended into. Lack of education is a huge problem, but it seems to run even deeper than that. And I find myself frustrated because I have a problem-solving approach to pretty much everything but I just don't know what to say to people like this, you can't just take a person and suddenly transform them into a measured and logical thinker. It's like it's just a ferocious desire to be angry all the time and the more it's fed the further it sends them into the imaginary reality they created for themselves.

I hope there are individuals around with this skill that I lack, to fix others.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-09-06 13:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

It seems like most people think that they're the logical ones. It's all a matter of perspective. I know it's easy to look around at all the nonsense going on in the world and think, "I didn't cause that." And you may be absolutely right, but very little will be accomplished by thinking that the problem is always someone else, because the people who are actually causing the problems are all thinking the exact same thing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-09-06 13:18:45
Link | Citer | R

I like to think extending kindness and civility to someone you disagree with can go along way to help.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-06 13:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

It seems like most people think that they're the logical ones. It's all a matter of perspective. I know it's easy to look around at all the nonsense going on in the world and think, "I didn't cause that." And you may be absolutely right, but very little will be accomplished by thinking that the problem is always someone else, because the people who are actually causing the problems are all thinking the exact same thing.
Nobody likes being told that they are wrong in their thinking. It's been exacerbated due to social media and the anonymous nature of the internet, since everyone can have a viewpoint and choose to not listen to others without reprisal.

Matters are only made worse than that when you have people in power making false or misleading statements about the nature of things constantly. It happens anywhere and everywhere, but thanks to 24/7 news cycles, it gets published at greater intensity.

It's not going to go away, and I believe that things are going to get worse onward.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-09-06 13:55:06
Link | Citer | R

My gosh do I feel nothing but pity for the mental state so many people seem to have descended into. Lack of education is a huge problem, but it seems to run even deeper than that. And I find myself frustrated because I have a problem-solving approach to pretty much everything but I just don't know what to say to people like this, you can't just take a person and suddenly transform them into a measured and logical thinker. It's like it's just a ferocious desire to be angry all the time and the more it's fed the further it sends them into the imaginary reality they created for themselves.

Long boring psychological-based reply I doubt anyone else would enjoy reading.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-09-06 13:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
I like to think extending [...] civility to someone you disagree with can go along way to help.
yeah it does. Someone like me would engage that kind of person a lot more often.

Threads like P&R are good gauges for that kind of thing; If I see 99% of posters resorting to pettiness when someone disagrees with them for example then it becomes apparent that engaging them in any kind of thoughtful dialogue is a waste of time and energy since personal attacks or pettiness will likely continue to be their defaults if you say something they don't like.

I'm here for dialogue, not to try to insult someone to feel better about myself.
That's elementary school thinking.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-09-06 14:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
yeah it does. Someone like me would engage that kind of person a lot more often.
Indubitably.

Also, breaking news, I was made President of Canada in those threads. YUSSS

Hey, did ya end up getting a new car? You less sore now?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-09-06 14:05:17
Link | Citer | R

I like to think extending [...] civility to someone you disagree with can go along way to help.

Threads like P&R are good gauges for that kind of thing; If I see 99% of posters resorting to pettiness when someone disagrees with them for example then it becomes apparent that engaging them in any kind of thoughtful dialogue is a waste of time and energy since personal attacks or pettiness will likely continue to be their defaults if you say something they don't like.

I'm here for dialogue, not to try to insult someone to feel better about myself.
I like to think that continuing to engage in good faith at that point isn't for them or even you but for everyone else listening in to help them pick up on what you already have. Of course this doesn't work when the vast majority participants and lurkers are of the same mind in that
By Josiahafk 2019-09-06 14:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Indubitably.

Also, breaking news, I was made President of Canada in those threads. YUSSS

Hey, did ya end up getting a new car? You less sore now?
that was my sister's SUV that got totaled. I just let her start using my car after that date. and ford insurance told her it was being written off and she had new car insurance so they will give her the full amount she paid. Said she will likely try a Jeep compass next.

but yeah we are both 99% healed from the car crash, thanks bud.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2019-09-06 14:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Hey. Muley. Finish grinding this KM event for me. :C
Sure just give me your log in credentials :p
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-09-06 14:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Josiahafk said: »
that was my sister's SUV that got totaled. I just let her start using my car after that date. and ford insurance told her it was being written off and she had new car insurance so they will give her the full amount she paid. Said she will likely try a Jeep compass next.

Well makes me glad it wasn't yours, tho prolly headaches your sister had to go thru.

Accidents suck for being in them, and dealing with the litany of paperwork and things to go thru afterwards.

And some one ran the light into you right? They get any charges?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-09-06 14:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Has anyone ever ran FFXI from an actual McDonald's wifi connection? Any pics or vids?
XI was designed to be able to be played on a 56K dialup....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-09-06 14:37:04
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »

I like to think that continuing to engage in good faith at that point isn't for them or even you but for everyone else listening in to help them pick up on what you already have. Of course this doesn't work when the vast majority participants and lurkers are of the same mind in that
I only started engaging since it seemed to be a place where one could express themselves and not just outright be kicked off forums and called heinous names, like how Social Media likes to be.

There are worse intolerant places, and far scarier accepting places of the interwebs.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-09-06 14:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Has anyone ever ran FFXI from an actual McDonald's wifi connection? Any pics or vids?
Some wifis make me question if they ARE on 56k dialups XD
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Josiahafk 2019-09-06 14:51:33
Link | Citer | R

Well makes me glad it wasn't yours, tho prolly headaches your sister had to go thru.

Accidents suck for being in them, and dealing with the litany of paperwork and things to go thru afterwards.

I was the one that ran the red light by not paying close enough attention. The guy that hit me had his light turn green right before the accident. He didn’t even bother making a claim since his truck had reinforced steel bumpers and took no damage.

The cops did write me up for “entering the intersection during a red” and gave me a ticket but told me they are not pursuing further criminal charges at this time. The ticket was 203 dollars.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By swaggernaught 2019-09-06 15:22:54
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-09-06 15:34:48
Link | Citer | R

I was the one that ran the red light by not paying close enough attention. The guy that hit me had his light turn green right before the accident. He didn’t even bother making a claim since his truck had reinforced steel bumpers and took no damage.

The cops did write me up for “entering the intersection during a red” and gave me a ticket but told me they are not pursuing further criminal charges at this time. The ticket was 203 dollars.
OUch, I am sorry I asked. Glad no one else was hurt! >_<

Please pay attention to road Josi, we care about you here! D:

Post deleted by User.
By swaggernaught 2019-09-06 16:52:38
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By clearlyamule 2019-09-06 17:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Pretty sure the original game box had 28k for the required speed. That said things have been changed and upgraded some. No idea what your McDonald's wifi is like but I did not that long ago tribox tethered to a phone just fine with little lag... but boy if I started watching videos while doing that too it would slow down a bit
First Page 2 3 ... 21575 21576 21577 ... 22588 22589 22590