SE ANSWER THIS
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Blazed
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-01-31 02:45:29
Link | Citer | R

What are you going to do about Paladin?
As it stands, the job has absolutely no use and adds absolutely no benefit to a small, medium or large group.
We have watched you release two sessions of questions & answers and you have chosen to completely ignore the current status, or lack-of, of Paladin.
We want some real Questions presented to you from the community reflecting our concerns and some real answers from the development team.
Paladin is a deadweight job and its not going to change unless something drastic is done.
Please do not insult us or our inteligence by continuing to post these irrelevant Q & A "The FFXI Dev Team Answers your questions" as they are clearly not representing the community's concerns, and are just part of a Public Relations stunt some half-assed oblivious Communications analyst came up with monday morning before the 10 AM FFXI communications team meating.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2011-01-31 02:52:23
Link | Citer | R

First of all, I actually think that the questions they have been answering were insightful and helpful. Hopefully they'll keep releasing them and hopefully they'll mention Paladin soon. We just have to be patient.

Second of all, even if they made Paladin awesome in the February update, who knows what the current situation of jobs will be once we reach level 99? It pains me to say it, but I believe that major balancing should be left until the jobs stop drastically changing.

And lastly, Paladin is as useful as it can be given the current game mechanics. As I've mentioned in previous threads, the best way to make Paladin useful again would be to: A, make enmity worthwhile again, B, increase the enmity cap significantly, and C, make Utsusemi and other self-sustaining abilities less reliable for the sake of requiring a tank.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-01-31 02:58:14
Link | Citer | R

At least Paladins have access to CDC, a pretty great WS. DRKs need more help tbh. As far as tanking goes, I must admit PLDs have fallen way behind Blink tanks and a situation where a PLD>Blink tank would be ideal is nearly non existent. It does need a lot of work, but I don't think the problem lies with the job itself but rather the mechanics already in place (much like Jessie has said about how enmity works).
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-31 02:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Jessie said:
First of all, I actually think that the questions they have been answering were insightful and helpful. Hopefully they'll keep releasing them and hopefully they'll mention Paladin soon. We just have to be patient.

Second of all, even if they made Paladin awesome in the February update, who knows what the current situation of jobs will be once we reach level 99? It pains me to say it, but I believe that major balancing should be left until the jobs stop drastically changing.

And lastly, Paladin is as useful as it can be given the current game mechanics. As I've mentioned in previous threads, the best way to make Paladin useful again would be to: A, make enmity worthwhile again, B, increase the enmity cap significantly, and C, make Utsusemi and other self-sustaining abilities less reliable for the sake of requiring a tank.

D) Make it so PLD can do more than 2000 damage every 2 minutes. Thanks.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-31 03:03:54
Link | Citer | R

i still want know where they geting thee questions from...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-31 03:05:43
Link | Citer | R

In response to the above query:

Twitter
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-01-31 03:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Only proper solution is to delete PLD from the game.
[+]
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-01-31 03:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Should make pld like the new cor..

just give them some gay def aoe "roll" >_>

or make sentinel aoe and last similar time to a roll

instant useful paladin again ^^

Odin.Spccdog
Serveur: Odin
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-01-31 03:18:23
Link | Citer | R

Pld is dead, level mnk
[+]
 Sylph.Nadalie
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hiroyuki
By Sylph.Nadalie 2011-01-31 03:52:36
Link | Citer | R

don't feel bad you can proc lots of red !! as PLD, there is some use.

Anyway doesn't matter if SE takes care about the situation that is happening with PLD, unless people find the job useful, they won't ask you go as PLD
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2011-01-31 04:03:09
Link | Citer | R

I've seen a DNC/WAR tank better than a PLD sadly.....

And PLD still stuck with only Cure IV....
 Ragnarok.Waraurochs
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Waraurochs 2011-01-31 04:20:41
Link | Citer | R

lol you guys act like Abyssea will forever be what FFXI is
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-31 04:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Waraurochs said:
Off topic, but...considering that the PS2 has reached its limit, It kind of shoots down the idea that we won't be getting anything else other than Abyssea, meaning no new content unless SE can work around it by either restructuring how big FFXI's data files are, cutting off PS2 support entirely, or renovating over to the PS3. Abyssea may be the only thing FFXI has going for it anymore if SE can't do anything about it.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-01-31 04:29:00
Link | Citer | R

I could honestly say the only real way to get paladin back as the "tanking" class is to decrease the ability of "blink tanking"

Im sure the many years ago when ninja first came out, some lazy people (whm or rdms at the time) figured "Shadows + voke = tank = no mp sponge = nin > pld.

And let that standard build up until we have what we have today.
Ninja was never designed as a tank nor was it's abilities. as I said before, if you can reduce the effectiveness of blink tanking, the concept of Ninja tanking would go out the window.

Im still sure though Pld would need some other abilities in the dmg department to stick with enmity issues
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-31 04:30:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Ladyrikku said:

Any cure higher than IV would be meaningless as they offer little enmity gain.

PLD needs a huge overhaul and how SE hasn't realised it by now is shocking, perhaps give PLD better evasion, not to the standard of NIN, THF or DNC but maybe to C+, we'll avoid a few more hits and obviously an evaded hit means you've lost no enmity, doubt it though.

Other possibilities could include giving PLD an enmity cap higher than other jobs so if you maintain capped enmity you can't actually lose hate, admittedly though you could argue that's a bit broken.

Mentioning CDC is laughable as well, yes Empyrean's are far easier to get than relics but they're still a challenge and CDC is not going to be just a common thing for PLD to have.
 Asura.Nightbear
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2011-01-31 04:37:10
Link | Citer | R

I <3 NIN , yet there is things you shold know NIN can tank better than PLD and PLD can tank better than NIN, if you fail playing the job SE cannot do nothign about your pld skills . please.. Thinking blink tanking is the solution means your vision only goes as far the closest AH from your moghouse.

Tier III NMs in abyssea with nasty AoE = no no NIN , use PLD .. use it right. or go lazy and use a HP tank ( MNK/WAR ). Stop leveling PLD as key *** then Q.Qing about how hard is to skill up~ find a group of good friends and go level the old way just for skill ups, if don't have 5 friends for that..quit FFXI.

now its a phase 2005 NIN>PLD 2006 WAR/NIN x 2 > PLD & NIN 2007-09 SAM > your tanks 2010 MNK > your tanks.

Happy tanking PLDs~

P.S. check Rayix he can do as much dmg as a well geared NIN ;o if you love the job you can play it right!!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Waraurochs
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Waraurochs 2011-01-31 04:38:05
Link | Citer | R

Even though Abyssea is one of the best additions to FFXI, I think SE knows better than to make everything outside of Abyssea obsolete. I think we are in for a few suprises with the next additions and PLD will make a comeback as a tank. In my opinion, PLD has the ability to tank with their resources now. If you have an Almace/WoE equivalent, you can use Razed Ruins, 2 tanking atmas with the +2 AF3 /WAR and spam 2k WSs consistantly
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-31 04:39:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Waraurochs said:

PLD as a tank job was dead before Abyssea(just apparently not many people realized this). DRK/NIN was a far better "PLD-like" tank. Has access to nearly all the same gear, too. If anyone is going to throw Aegis into the argument, MDT caps at 50% including Shell V.

For PLD to be truly useful again, they'd have to do something completely different than what they've done before. Increasing the hate cap on PLD isn't going to change a thing, and nerfing other jobs is silly/HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2011-01-31 04:41:06
Link | Citer | R

What I see nowadays in abyssea is the shift away from "HNM" fights that take like 30mins-1hr like Tiamat / Nidhogg / Lambton Worm to kill and fast "Melee Zerg" kills like abyssea NMs that take around 5mins.

With all the Atma and DD output , a PLD will lose out in enmity, not to mention every NM thingy hits like a loaded truck even fully buffed with alot of them having some form of hate resetmove incuded.

PS: When was the last time you saw someone actually try to make a SC/MB combo in abyssea........ or DD/THF actually Trickattacking WS to the tanks for that matter....
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-31 05:05:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:
Odin.Ladyrikku said:

Any cure higher than IV would be meaningless as they offer little enmity gain.

PLD needs a huge overhaul and how SE hasn't realised it by now is shocking, perhaps give PLD better evasion, not to the standard of NIN, THF or DNC but maybe to C+, we'll avoid a few more hits and obviously an evaded hit means you've lost no enmity, doubt it though.

Other possibilities could include giving PLD an enmity cap higher than other jobs so if you maintain capped enmity you can't actually lose hate, admittedly though you could argue that's a bit broken.

Mentioning CDC is laughable as well, yes Empyrean's are far easier to get than relics but they're still a challenge and CDC is not going to be just a common thing for PLD to have.
implying walk of echoes is hard

Odin.Ladyrikku said:
What I see nowadays in abyssea is the shift away from "HNM" fights that take like 30mins-1hr like Tiamat / Nidhogg / Lambton Worm to kill and fast "Melee Zerg" kills like abyssea NMs that take around 5mins.

With all the Atma and DD output , a PLD will lose out in enmity, not to mention every NM thingy hits like a loaded truck even fully buffed with alot of them having some form of hate resetmove incuded.

PS: When was the last time you saw someone actually try to make a SC/MB combo in abyssea........ or DD/THF actually Trickattacking WS to the tanks for that matter....
enmity caps, so pld wont "lose out in" enmity, and additionally they now have gear that reduces enmity lost when you take dmg.

as for the thf statement: th has better proc rates on SA and TA, so why the *** wouldnt a thf TA the tank?

with proper atma, even a woe sword to get access to swan song, a shield like sipar if you dont have the access to an aegis or ochain, geared as a DD with twilight neck, good dark rings, and +2 legs, there is no *** reason why pld is a terribad tank in this day and age.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-31 05:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Only proper solution is to delete PLD from the game.
lol i used to say the same with another job but i dont remember
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2011-01-31 05:46:15
Link | Citer | R

if you are taking alot of damage period in abyssea you are doing it wrong. i will admit my mdt build sucks *** but recovering from damage myself is easy, physical damage should be less than 200 a hit on a good pld, depending on the mob. personally i've been thinking maybe pld isn't actually broke in their eyes, reason being maybe they are shifting away from pld being the only tank and letting other jobs have a stab, yet keeping it to where it has high survivability. if that is the case and as to why they nerfed rdm tanking, beyond me... though can rdm tank again in abyssea? have not heard of it yet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Telpy
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Telpy 2011-01-31 05:52:22
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure everyone lives in Abyssea nowadays, though I thought the original concept of Abyssea was gay. XD
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Serveur: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2011-01-31 06:08:05
Link | Citer | R

PLD needs to have Resist Death/Silence/Amnesia/etc Job Trait, it's gonna help alot
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-31 06:13:51
Link | Citer | R

Yes for end game stuff PLD is pretty much beat. I still love to solo on my PLD though. It's a good solo job with dancer sub. Hell I even pretty much solo'd charby the other night on PLD/DNC for an ls mate.

The problem I think is PLD's defense. I tried to fight a UFO in sea and with 700 ish defense still got raped. They need to alter how PLD gets hit without messing up the defense calculations.
 Fenrir.Didgist
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-01-31 06:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Level staff.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-31 06:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Didgist said:
Level staff.
Just curious, why?
(staff currently at 240 ish atm)
[+]
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-31 06:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
I could honestly say the only real way to get paladin back as the "tanking" class is to decrease the ability of "blink tanking"

Im sure the many years ago when ninja first came out, some lazy people (whm or rdms at the time) figured "Shadows + voke = tank = no mp sponge = nin > pld.

And let that standard build up until we have what we have today.
Ninja was never designed as a tank nor was it's abilities. as I said before, if you can reduce the effectiveness of blink tanking, the concept of Ninja tanking would go out the window.

Im still sure though Pld would need some other abilities in the dmg department to stick with enmity issues

May not have been designed as one, but SE clearly is not aiming to make it one.
First Page 2 3 4 5