SE ANSWER THIS
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-31 06:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Here's my solution, make Sentinel last 3 minutes.

With full merits, the recast is still 4min 10 sec (I think), but would definitely give PLD a huge come back.

EDIT: Make it lvl 50 too so people don't sub just for it.

Or just have a JA Sentinel II and increase rampart the same way.
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-31 06:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Spccdog said:
Pld is dead, level mnk
Then when they take away unlimited MP and the MNK gets hit for upwards of 400HP per hit from just a chigoe they'll soon be told (Level another job)

so boring.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-31 06:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Also make rampart last longer too.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Serveur: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2011-01-31 06:50:31
Link | Citer | R

Cover II : Takes damage in place of anyone with hate behind the paladin (short distance cone) with some -Dmg taken. Paladin may not cast spells or attack during this time untill Cover II wears out or canceled.

(Was thinking back to that anime Tower of Drauga where Jil used his shield and blocked everything for his PT hehehe)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-31 06:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Honestly if they fix Sentinel and Rampart to last much longer (change level and or make it PLD exclusive) and of course adjust the calculations accordingly PLD would rock. Simplest solution.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-31 06:59:57
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:
What are you going to do about Paladin?
As it stands, the job has absolutely no use and adds absolutely no benefit to a small, medium or large group.
We have watched you release two sessions of questions & answers and you have chosen to completely ignore the current status, or lack-of, of Paladin.
We want some real Questions presented to you from the community reflecting our concerns and some real answers from the development team.
Paladin is a deadweight job and its not going to change unless something drastic is done.
Please do not insult us or our inteligence by continuing to post these irrelevant Q & A "The FFXI Dev Team Answers your questions" as they are clearly not representing the community's concerns, and are just part of a Public Relations stunt some half-assed oblivious Communications analyst came up with monday morning before the 10 AM FFXI communications team meating.
You know they basically just go from the JP's questions, so unless you know for sure they're complaining about PLD the way you are, they may very well be going on community questions, just a different community.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-31 07:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Odin.Spccdog said:
Pld is dead, level mnk
Then when they take away unlimited MP and the MNK gets hit for upwards of 400HP per hit from just a chigoe they'll soon be told (Level another job)

so boring.
Not rly, mnk just goes back to /nin like it was before. Mnk was a powerhouse way before abyssea came out.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-31 07:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Spccdog said:
Pld is dead, level mnk

so boring.
Not rly, mnk just goes back to /nin like it was before. Mnk was a powerhouse way before abyssea came out.

Yes they was, but even /nin they fell apart very easily outside Abyssea.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-31 07:35:30
Link | Citer | R

If the mnk sucked sure.

It'll make it go back to where any bandwagon monk won't be able to tank effectively, but as far as I'm personally concerned, I'll have no issues.

Need good MDT/PDT and DD sets rly and knowing when to use them and how to apply your perfect counter, etc. (For example some ppl just use perfect counter whenever it's up except when they need it). Also, a good chakra set, a lot of mnk's don't have, etc.
 Sylph.Leafonland
By Sylph.Leafonland 2011-01-31 07:39:25
Link | Citer | R

PLD is still very handy against abyssea HNMs, especially those can remove your cruor buffs and atmas. From which you have to tank without abyssea bonuses.

It is all about the strategy you use to fight HNMs and the setup built based on it.

Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 07:43:40
Link | Citer | R

tank azdaja from behind, moron
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-31 07:44:44
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
tank azdaja from behind, moron
That's how the pros do it right?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 07:45:25
Link | Citer | R

that's how you don't get your *** atmas removed during that fight, yes

keep stoneskin up, hp bars +80%; it's not hard to eat spike flails (1.1-1.4k) when you've got a +2k hp bar
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-31 07:48:20
Link | Citer | R

I have 3.6-4k in heroes zones depending on dominion bonuses just w/ cruor buffs and 6/6 merit abyssites, no hp atma
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 07:50:38
Link | Citer | R

that's not enough hp my main man, go swap to pld and stack/fulltime hp gear so you sit at +7k while nothing swings at you because you can't hold hate on a shitty job
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-31 07:50:55
Link | Citer | R

Noted
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-31 08:05:22
Link | Citer | R

that's not enough hp my main man, go swap to pld and stack/fulltime hp gear so you sit at +7k while nothing swings at you because you can't hold hate on a shitty job

Is it fun being a fool, or does it just come naturally?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 08:06:56
Link | Citer | R

90RDM/41BLM

[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-31 08:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Wow, sad! very, very, sad!
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 08:12:34
Link | Citer | R

it is considering you're implying ffxi is hard in 2011

your tears give me power
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-31 08:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't hard in 2004 either, and Ruben was sorry!
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-31 08:13:22
Link | Citer | R

it is considering you're implying ffxi is hard in 2011

I never said it was hard? Why ***? Does it make you superior in your mind?

And wow, playground insults, even sadder.
 Lakshmi.Andromida
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Andromida
By Lakshmi.Andromida 2011-01-31 08:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:
As it stands, the job has absolutely no use and adds absolutely no benefit to a small, medium or large group.

Bollocks.

My abyssea linkshell is one of the most successful abyssea linkshells on our server and we always use a PLD tank before anything else. If it was not for our PLD tank (they don't take to much damage, can hold hate well enough, don't do to much damage, can find all red/blue/yellow weaknesses) we would not be able to keep the NMs alive long enough to proc all the weaknesses we need.

Unlike MNKs and NINs which take a lot of damage and deal a lot of damage, which they need to do to hold hate, we would need far more WHMs to be able to cope with this which means that we have fewer people to try getting procs and kill it quickly when everything has been proc'd.

I do however agree that PLD does need something extra to make it easier for them to maintain hate. With the hate cap being really low (compared to the damage) that DDs can do now it is stupid. PLD could do with an native ability like provoke and some way of getting a higher hate cap (job trait maybe?)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 08:16:57
Link | Citer | R

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just staple your lips together irl already for me, please

crazy glue is accepted too
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-31 08:17:38
Link | Citer | R

God, trolls bore me. buzz off!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bladestruck
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bladestruck 2011-01-31 08:18:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nightbear said:
I <3 NIN , yet there is things you shold know NIN can tank better than PLD and PLD can tank better than NIN, if you fail playing the job SE cannot do nothign about your pld skills . please.. Thinking blink tanking is the solution means your vision only goes as far the closest AH from your moghouse.

Tier III NMs in abyssea with nasty AoE = no no NIN , use PLD .. use it right. or go lazy and use a HP tank ( MNK/WAR ). Stop leveling PLD as key *** then Q.Qing about how hard is to skill up~ find a group of good friends and go level the old way just for skill ups, if don't have 5 friends for that..quit FFXI.

now its a phase 2005 NIN>PLD 2006 WAR/NIN x 2 > PLD & NIN 2007-09 SAM > your tanks 2010 MNK > your tanks.

Happy tanking PLDs~

P.S. check Rayix he can do as much dmg as a well geared NIN ;o if you love the job you can play it right!!!

This guy is totally right. In my ls there is a guy named Foulone who is a Taru PLD and still kicks all the *** needed. I'm normally on THF and take hate occasionally but very rarely. Id say nine times out of ten he can out tank our nin. Abyssea is anyones playground. Use the right gear/atma and your PLD can be a great tank!
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 08:19:28
Link | Citer | R

God, trolls bore me. buzz off!

he calls me a troll, yet states mnks are so hindered dd/tanking-wise as /nin that we'll need a pld outside of abyssea in the coming update(s)

what the *** man
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-31 08:23:08
Link | Citer | R

us MNKs needed PLDs the same way PLDs needed MNKs. PLDs held the hate while we beat the holyfuckingknobgobbling ***out of the mobs. Sure, since Abyssea came out the needs for PLD plummeted while for MNK sky-rocketed. But in the end, we will always remember PLD as the undisputed tank job of Vana'Diel.
[+]