Only 1 Real Sub For DNC?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » only 1 real sub for DNC?
only 1 real sub for DNC?
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Seiver
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Seiver
By Bismarck.Seiver 2011-01-26 07:15:59
Link | Citer | R

is nin the only sub for dnc? i don't really want to lvl nin as i have not unlocked it, and would rather not.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-01-26 07:23:05
Link | Citer | R

WAR and SAM are also viable subs.. and WHM for a few situations can be useful too.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-26 07:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Seiver said:
is nin the only sub for dnc? i don't really want to lvl nin as i have not unlocked it, and would rather not.

/sigh
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-26 07:32:56
Link | Citer | R

dnc/mnk
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2011-01-26 07:33:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Seiver said:

YES! If you're too lazy to spend the 2~3 days to level a subjob. You're probably too lazy to properly use any of the gear you're getting and taking from others who are more deserving.

inb4: "I solo my gearz"

because if I have to watch another gimp DNC taking 30 minutes to kill my KI nm that takes me 3, I will mail them the brick to hit themselves in the face with.
[+]
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2011-01-26 07:47:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Seiver said:

Ähhm noob??
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 07:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Sephiroth avatar... explains it all.
[+]
By sefalon 2011-01-26 08:02:02
Link | Citer | R

You have to ask yourself what are your main reasons to play dnc. If you plan to solo then you don't ask this questions since its a no brainer. If you want to stand around and let the serious players kill for you then you can come. Dnc/brd if you want and stand next to the other guys who keyed there jobs up to 90. I lvld dncr when we didn't have dual daggers so nin then was the sub period. I think only time to sub anything else is to pad your ego on nm kill or fast warp or tele after a easy nm.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy
By Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy 2011-01-26 08:12:56
Link | Citer | R

If you want to be serious ... just up NIN to 50 and try to solo Gieremund DNC/NIN
After that try with any subjob you want, even puppet , you will see the difference.

Please SE where are our good and fun parties where noobs were kick form it .....

Abyssea kill All
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-01-26 08:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Seiver said:
If you want do anything front line job wise, youd best lvl nin, utsuemi ni and ichi makes it to where any front line dd job can take a bit of dmg without constantly needing heals
 Ragnarok.Darkpearl
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Darkpearl
By Ragnarok.Darkpearl 2011-01-26 08:43:24
Link | Citer | R

Isn't abyssea to kill all. It's people that kill themself with own hands. The answer is easy:
1) If NM / Mob is loller and you have someone good with you for heal, you can go sub you want, as long this sub is useful for something.
2) If you are alone against a mob that hit you often and hard, you need eva set-up with /NIN.
3) If the party / ally ask you to tank a mob that hit you often and hard, then you need /NIN and eva set-up.
4) If mob use danger TP-move that can be absorbed with utsusemi, then... is obvious /NIN.
5) In abyssea have /nin is useful for trigger the !! with Ni spells.
6) Utsusemi can save you from spells as well, not all but most of them, debuff too.
So /NIN is like the main 90% of the time maybe 95% you will have this sub-job.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy
By Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy 2011-01-26 11:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea kill all with the level cap 30 !

why did they do that stupid things Maat cap means nothing atm .

30-90 => 7 hours thx SE XD
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-26 12:13:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Seiver said:

Dun even have /nin for your Rdm >.<
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-26 12:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Seiver said:
/sigh

I lol'd

You have to level it if you plan on doing anything major with this job.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Megatron
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-01-26 12:34:00
Link | Citer | R

while dnc has many uses and can do many things . the most all around usefull sub is /nin.

as for the abyssea statment. A friend of mine and a LS mate were out doing trials in sea serpents gratto. when they see that Charby is up. 3 guys run in and start fighting him. a lvl 90 ninja, a lvl 90 dnc and a lvl 90 whm. 30 sec later all 3 were dead.
my friend walks up provokes charby and starts killing him. they start cusisng him out in tells for taking their monster as all 3 are still laying ther dead.

they were full bore Abyssea babies and their skill were so gimped that charby never missed them. here is a little advise to all you Abyssea Babies. Having 10+ lvl 90 jobs doesn't make you uber or 1337. just means you like to open boxes. if you cant play the job and are wearing your Kmart gear. it shows take the extra time to raise your skill . read the forms and posts and maybe you wont be the laughing stock of your LS.

o and p.s STOP Tping in the viking helmet. it for weapon skills.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-01-26 12:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Other subs can be used instead of /nin, I use /war most of the time even soloing...however you really need high-capped eva to come close to making up for no shadows, which IMO if you are too lazy to lvl /nin I cant imagine you putting in the effort to skill up eva.

That said, /nin is still needed. The more subs you have lvled the better, they are used for different situations and /nin really is vital for alot of them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Darkpearl
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Darkpearl
By Ragnarok.Darkpearl 2011-01-26 12:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy said:
Abyssea kill all with the level cap 30 !
30-90 => 7 hours thx SE XD

Abyssea don't force you to go exp from 30 to 90 in one day. Abyssea don't force you hunt NM, farm seal and items.
Ragnarok.Darkpearl said:
It's people that kill themself with own hands.
Of course... you are free to go exp and farm items even 24 hour on 24... it's your fault too if you join a party for kill NM or exp, and you aren't skilled. Because the only thing you did was exp, exp and exp... and 0 skill up. If you have time for exp so much, you probably have time to stop a sec from exp and start skill up. So don't blame always abyssea.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-26 13:08:51
Link | Citer | R

No, Nin is not the only sub. But in most cases, its the best.

/Nin ---> Its really the default. You're going to want this because it adds a great deal to your tanking ablilities in the form of a little extra evasion, shadows, limited enfeebs, more reliable snk/invis. Keep in mind that shadows make it so you dont have to walzt as often, which means you can spend that TP on other things.

/Sam ---> For those times when you already have a tank or the mob you are tanking has fail Acc. This is more for pure DMG and support healing. Sekka, meditate and conserve TP are the real gems here. Although, well timed macros and gear swaps make Seigan/3rd eye become like a defensive TP move if you do it with the right staff, but its very situational. When using /Sam, I keep a terra staff, twilight torque and have fan dance ready to proxy tank in case the mob we are thumping gets a little unruly.

/Thf ---> Spike DMG, hate control and drop control. Self explanitory.

/Mnk ---> I dont have any experience with this sub, but counterstance and dodge would seem to be good tools for tanking, but your defense would be a strong as a level 10 whm's.

/War ---> Pure DD. You will just plain hit harder and double attack. Not really much info needed here.

/Drk ---> DD support, no tanking. Attack bonus, soul eater, last resort, and many of the absorb spells are very useful. Although you wont be dishing out as much DMG as WAR with this sub, with a little thought you can do some cool stuff. Note that you get absorb tp at 45, absorb agility adds a little to your subtle blow and you have access to the stun spell too. This setup, like Drk as a main, is very timing/setup intensive. I only use this when fighting mobs with MP, for aspir samba and already have an established tank. But I would keep this as more for fun time, because your drk magic skills will only be at level 45. One of the reasons I didnt mention drain and aspir as those are very skill based spells.

/Mage jobs ---> pretty much for soloing or teleing. lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-01-26 16:40:52
Link | Citer | R

O.O ppl w/o NIN lvled ----> E P I C F A I L
[+]
 Bismarck.Seiver
By Bismarck.Seiver 2011-01-27 00:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Darktaruu said:
O.O ppl w/o NIN lvled ----> E P I C F A I L
first off im a mage first, this is one of my first melee jobs. k thanks bye

Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
No, Nin is not the only sub. But in most cases, its the best.

ty for something constructive feedback.

and for those who burn from 30 to 90, try doing things the hard way like we used to.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-01-27 00:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Seiver said:
and for those who burn from 30 to 90, try doing things the hard way like we used to.

Leveling a job the old way doesn't make a person better at it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Seiver
By Bismarck.Seiver 2011-01-27 00:19:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Bismarck.Seiver said:

vary true, better chance that they might learn though. if your lucky anyway.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-27 00:21:42
Link | Citer | R

The only Subjob DNC *needs* is NIN. You can do everything you want to do with this subjob.

Other subs DNC should have access to are WAR, SAM and maybe WHM. Maybe /MNK, but I've honestly never had experience with it, and if you needed those counters you're probably better off going /NIN.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-27 00:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Seiver said:
Bismarck.Seiver said:

Mmm not really. Experience can't fix stupidity.
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-01-27 00:37:10
Link | Citer | R

While you're out leveling your nin, please be sure to pick up all of the Ni Elemental Wheel spells. Your Abyssite of Discernment will thank you.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2011-01-27 02:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart's reply should have closed the this thread..
[+]
By Asura.Ringmastersword 2011-01-27 04:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Megatron said:
Kmart gear.

lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-27 06:15:27
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bismarck.Seiver said:
Bismarck.Seiver said:

Mmm not really. Experience can't fix stupidity.

qft
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-27 06:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Also, levling NIN is worth it for your RDM aswell >_>
First Page 2 3