Tantra Neck?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » tantra neck?
tantra neck?
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-03-19 14:16:52
Link | Citer | R

a BB monk using aurore... well never stop learning new stuff i guess.

*** gimme my BB!!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-19 15:41:56
Link | Citer | R

My bullwhip/twilight bandwagon MNK can destroy his Pink MNK D:

edit
Quote:

Pants are almost +2 for 26/26 Gear Haste D:

I don't always play on Monk. But when I do, I use Bullwhip!
Edit:Haste+3 and Attack+2 on feet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Torvak
Serveur: Bismarck
user: TorvakUK
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-20 10:10:04
Link | Citer | R

hahahaha that belt hahahaha hmmm plz mr mage plz dont cast errr anything on me today hahahahaha, called bullwhip cos you get whipped everytime you equip it. why did you nick the rngs body, oh and mermans earring, good show good show that'll help with the extra dmg you take from bullwhip, see your thinking ;)
 Sylph.Scare
Serveur: Sylph
user: Scare
By Sylph.Scare 2011-03-20 10:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Is it really that hard to get a brown belt these days?
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-20 10:37:36
Link | Citer | R

I've not checked ordelles caves, but i bet its packed with bandwagon mnks, if not then they're all on here asking for ToD, like anyone would even remember if they did kill it that day. the real issue is the tantra neck though, it looks worse than chiv chain, surely not
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-03-20 10:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
I've not checked ordelles caves, but i bet its packed with bandwagon mnks, if not then they're all on here asking for ToD, like anyone would even remember if they did kill it that day. the real issue is the tantra neck though, it looks worse than chiv chain, surely not
BCNM is the answer for that though.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-20 12:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
hahahaha that belt hahahaha hmmm plz mr mage plz dont cast errr anything on me today hahahahaha, called bullwhip cos you get whipped everytime you equip it. why did you nick the rngs body, oh and mermans earring, good show good show that'll help with the extra dmg you take from bullwhip, see your thinking ;)

1)Macroing Out to a PDT/MDT Set is Hard! The Ele Resist means nothing when you can swap out pieces via macros.
2)TPing in Osode EL OH *** EL VS. 5% increase in critical hit damage. on Loki's
3)A Bone Earring is equal to Kema's under the right conditions. 6 Attack> 1 Attack

If anyone wants me off of WAR, I'll give them a reason to keep me on it D:

It's sad I leveled Monk just to dump merits into and my LAWLBullwhip build would out parse your Black Belt Monk. ***it's probably better then like 70% of the Monks out there(Fenrir has some bad players from what I've seen). Also what the ***? No Ascetic's Fury? have some fun with Back hand Blow.

Honestly though? I'll buy a Brown Belt I feel the need too. I'm barely ever on MNK and I'd rather not take gear over the full time Monk's that I know. I find it as a great way to troll morons like him. I mean you have a black belt but your gear selection is pretty pathetic.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 12:19:44
Link | Citer | R

I use shoulder tackle
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-20 12:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I use shoulder tackle

*** brilliant! Why didn't I think of that.

Edit: Hey Tiger, Before you got your Empyrean did you ever miss spamming Asuran Fists? Or are you glad to have a breath of fresh air.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 12:32:45
Link | Citer | R

I had WoE before I had emp, so I was still on that victory smite, lol. Before that, I always liked Ascetic's Fury to begin with. It wasn't better than Asuran before Abyssea, but in things like ISNM puk, for some reason it always did better than Asuran and other few select mobs. It did pretty well on JoL as well. So I liked that I got to use it for a while before smite.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 12:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
TP

OSHI

Asuran Fist

Victory Smite

Killin'em like.
MDT?

And for Oshi I just do PDT and put as much haste on as possible, so the mob can die faster. Guard, worthless. Evasion is for an eva build.

Also, get that cuchulain's ***out of there. Doesn't come close to Atheling. Black belt beats ele belt on smite as well.

Edit: Seriously misguided you are. Epona's ring does not leave your finger, silly.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 12:44:45
Link | Citer | R

7 str is better than .1 ftp for Smite for damage. The only way ele belt wins is if you need acc.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 12:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Inventory says no to an MDT except Twilight Torque and Dark Ring lol >_> and ya I know Epona's Ring and Atheling Mantle are better, same as NIN and prob THF too, Atheling for DRK WS also, then Cuchulain's Mantle is of no use; I suppose so, but elemental belt stays!
MDT is way more useful than PDT. If you had to decide between the two, ditch PDT.

The best situation is to have both, but if you could only have one, MDT is way more valuable than PDT could ever be.
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-20 12:47:33
Link | Citer | R

i'd use the boxers mantle and haste gear cos eva skill+ is way better than just eva+
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 12:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
i'd use the boxers mantle and haste gear cos eva skill+ is way better than just eva+
[+]
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-20 13:00:57
Link | Citer | R

maybe its not worth swapping boxers in for an atheling mantle on PDT build, just im using cerb+1 and it makes me get hit alot less using boxers
 Bismarck.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Bismarck.Rinkydink 2011-03-20 13:03:28
Link | Citer | R

as seen on other places :
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 13:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
maybe its not worth swapping boxers in for an atheling mantle on PDT build, just im using cerb+1 and it makes me get hit alot less using boxers
You're looking at a max of 5% less (even less if you're on the evasion floor before adding it). Take off athleing and you're probably killing 5%+ slower
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-20 13:20:57
Link | Citer | R

gotta get me an athleing then, also i started boosting before ws, seemed to be better for the ws, might have lost some TPing time. Has this been tested at all?
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-03-20 13:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Personally i rarely boost inside abyssea, But most of the time im also /war with buffs, And aww mabrook your so cute ;D, but i thought i taught you better!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 13:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
Personally i rarely boost inside abyssea, But most of the time im also /war with buffs, And aww mabrook your so cute ;D, but i thought i taught you better!
I personally find myself using boost a lot. Even w/ zerk up and food, I don't get the kind of numbers on Smite on Dragua for example as I would some measly exp mob.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-03-20 13:29:46
Link | Citer | R

I don't know how far you are up Nyzul, but unlocking Fury should be a pretty big priority. In abyssea, you are judged almost soley by your best crit WS, and fury is a damn good one.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-03-20 13:30:53
Link | Citer | R

Idk, i personally only boost when im /nin or at the start of fights or other rare occasions, the boost im putting out isn't worth losing an attack round worth of damage, even if i lose an attack round every 2 Boosts. And mabrook shush Lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 13:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
Idk, i personally only boost when im /nin or at the start of fights or other rare occasions, the boost im putting out isn't worth losing an attack round worth of damage, even if i lose an attack round every 2 Boosts
If you're getting full benefit from the boost (not hitting attack cap) and not sportin double marches + haste, then it's always going to be worth using over not using.

If you're sporting double marches + haste, or capping attack, then not so much. though it is worth mentioning that if it is something w/ incredibly high defense (for example Dragua again), then it's still going to be worth it because boost is going to be worth a lot more than it was before.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-03-20 13:35:36
Link | Citer | R

Well i rarely get the full benefit of Boost when im /war with buffs, And yes i bring bards pretty often unless im mercing *** ( less people so less gil split). So basically i'd get a better benefit when Zerk is down, which is less than half my time fighting. And yes i've faught a dozen dragua's just like you have, but unless my mage derps and keeps me slowed, i'll still miss about 400-800+(Even higher if ODD procs) worth of damage, And usually my WS increase wouldn't be that high from the boost anyway
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 13:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Also, special mention that back in the day when debating boost, also had to look at a 70/30 split in DoT/WS damage.

The split w/ smite is going to drop the DoT portion down quite a bit, which also makes boosting that only helps ws dmg be worth more than it used to be back when Asuran was our primary ws.