Tantra Neck?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » tantra neck?
tantra neck?
 Sylph.Brysky
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-03-19 07:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Psych said:
Question for Mr. Tiger:

This is my current TP set:

Is this acceptable or am I make a big mistake in using both tantra accessories? I don't have Faith Torque yet, although I'm working on it(0/2 atm.) Should I use Asagaya's Collar + an attack earring or this is acceptable until I get Faith Torque?

Thanks!

Note: I use MNK/WAR 90% of the time unless shadows are required - which is very rarely.

looks good, faith torque is still amazing as well as aesir ear pendant, only things i would change, but still a nice gear set.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-19 08:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Meh, necro'd
 Bismarck.Torvak
Serveur: Bismarck
user: TorvakUK
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-19 10:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah i might be slightly offended if i even had flash player to see what mabrook posted. So i came back to the game and got some pink armor, big deal. Suppose you think these new Savate fists +4dmg +4crit arnt as good as destroyers, or you'll tell me to get a Blitz ring and use sushi.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-19 10:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
Yeah i might be slightly offended if i even had flash player to see what mabrook posted. So i came back to the game and got some pink armor, big deal. Suppose you think these new Savate fists +4dmg +4crit arnt as good as destroyers, or you'll tell me to get a Blitz ring and use sushi.

Get a blitz ring and eat sushi on monk.
Yess
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-19 10:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
It's not a big deal. If you want to suck, that's your prerogative. You coming here and telling other people to ditch turan and fuma for aurore however is spreading retardism, which I'm not a fan of.
[+]
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-19 10:22:27
Link | Citer | R

quiet blm, go diaga some imps
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-19 10:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bismarck.Torvak said:
It's not a big deal. If you want to suck, that's your prerogative. You coming here and telling other people to ditch turan and fuma for aurore however is spreading retardism, which I'm not a fan of.

This lol
 Alexander.Sumo
Serveur: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2011-03-19 10:34:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
Quiet gimp, go download Adobe.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-19 10:47:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:

Wowowow, wait.
You even got a Black Belt, and you use pink hat/feet?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brysky
user: brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-03-19 11:15:44
Link | Citer | R

The new AF3 is so simple to get, just takes time. and why would ever ditch turban/fuma prior to having +2 head/legs and BB for those pink things is beyond me... um capped haste yes please.

oh and for h2h got get taurine cesti which are yet another easy item to get and then work for the empyeran(sp?) knuckles which are just time consuming not hard, anyone get one it just takes time.

80% of groups that are killing NMs that drop items for any empyeran do not need them and will gladly give them to you. the remaining 20% are people actually fighting for the item, or have someone in group that is a gear *** and "might" go for it in future. or just want to charge for them which should be to much.

and for people who complain about paying for items like that then go farm your own pop set and also consider yourself lucky, you are on your way to getting a kick *** weapon for a fraction of what relic costs.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-19 11:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brysky said:

80% of groups that are killing NMs that drop items for any empyeran do not need them and will gladly give them to you. the remaining 20% are people actually fighting for the item, or have someone in group that is a gear *** and "might" go for it in future. or just want to charge for them which should be to much.

On Cerb I think I'd swap those % around.
20% killing for clears and dont care about the trophy-drops, and 80% killing those nms only for those items:P
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-19 11:54:27
Link | Citer | R

course i've got a Black belt, and a Faith torque, Bkote, Black tathlum and yeah 2 aurore pieces till i can change them for AF3.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-19 11:55:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
course i've got a Black belt, and a Faith torque, Bkote, Black tathlum and yeah 2 aurore pieces till i can change them for AF3.
You don't have a turban?
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-19 12:05:14
Link | Citer | R

yes my turban is now relegated to drk and w/e other job gets up to 75.
Turban has 1% haste more, 0 DEF, 0 DEX (for crits), +30hp (no use if mnk).
Talking about tantra neck though, whys it so weak on stats, wasnt acc made redundant by abbysea, and the kick attacks+2 cant be better than dune boots
 Sylph.Scare
user: Scare
By Sylph.Scare 2011-03-19 12:10:20
Link | Citer | R

just wow! your continued defense of pink gear over turban and fuma makes me /facepalm.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-19 12:14:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
Talking about tantra neck though, whys it so weak on stats, wasnt acc made redundant by abbysea, and the kick attacks+2 cant be better than dune boots
Razed ruins and cruor buffs, your crits are capped, you don't need aurore head for that. Defense? Counterstance negates all defense worn on gear, also does onthing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-19 12:18:12
Link | Citer | R

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................” :,........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`. ......._/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`... ..}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............
 Asura.Sangunius
Serveur: Asura
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2011-03-19 12:20:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
Since Tiger is already handling the disturbing part of pink gear over turban, I'll touch this part. Comparing Tantra neck to Dune Boots makes no sense. Dune Boots add damage to your KA's where as the necklace afaik is adding to the actuality of using a KA. Also, Dune Boots are easily replace with Tantra Gaiters+1, go duo Pascerpot or something. He's easy.
 Sylph.Scare
By Sylph.Scare 2011-03-19 12:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Tiger, I currently TP in kemas earring and tantra tathlum for accuracy. I was just curious if you were able to swap those out for attack outside abyssea as well. I'm also not very good at ffxi math how much does that loss in acc affect your counter rate.
 Sylph.Scare
By Sylph.Scare 2011-03-19 12:23:17
Link | Citer | R

Dune boots are even surpassed by poise shoes now which are like 5k on the ah.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-19 12:28:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Scare said:
Tiger, I currently TP in kemas earring and tantra tathlum for accuracy. I was just curious if you were able to swap those out for attack outside abyssea as well. I'm also not very good at ffxi math how much does that loss in acc affect your counter rate.
I can't really find anything outside of abyssea that your acc isn't capped on to begin with. Maybe byakko? inside abyssea, on most mobs, acc is a non issue. There are a small handful of NMs where I'd use Tantra/Kemas, but that's a very small few.
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-19 12:31:12
Link | Citer | R

oh well i didnt know you could cap your stats at all, thats just weird and why does the game not tell you this
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-19 12:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Have a question, would bkotes or melee gloves+1 with af3+2 be better than full af3+2 which brings you to 28% haste? Real question would 22/18 att be better than the 3% haste the af3+2 gloves provide?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-19 12:47:01
Link | Citer | R

If you're getting +1 base dmg from the h2h skill on af3+2 keep them (also remember it's not 22 attack cause the h2h skill is going to be attack as well, so it lowers the diff between the two).

If not, then use bkote.

Lolmeleegloves
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-19 12:50:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
If you're getting +1 base dmg from the h2h skill on af3+2 keep them (also remember it's not 22 attack cause the h2h skill is going to be attack as well, so it lowers the diff between the two).

If not, then use bkote.

Lolmeleegloves

Thanks
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-19 13:17:31
Link | Citer | R

for TP (H2H has +4DMG +4Crit rate)for Asuran, cos no Ascetics/Victory smite
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-19 13:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
for TP (H2H has +4DMG +4Crit rate)for Asuran, cos no Ascetics/Victory smite

Turban and Fumas in tp, and use backhand blow inside abyssea.
 Bismarck.Torvak
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-19 13:20:24
Link | Citer | R

damm i tossed the +4dmg +20% backhand blow savate fists, can you get +5 or +6 dmg on those fists?
 Ragnarok.Akuji
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-03-19 14:06:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
damm i tossed the +4dmg +20% backhand blow savate fists, can you get +5 or +6 dmg on those fists?

+2-5