Asura.Eeek
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-20 08:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Asura.Eeek said:

I'm also stunned that people think Abyssea, of all things, is making FFXI stagnant.

The massive population drop in the last few months seems to indicate that you and Tiger are in the minority. Half a dozen re-skinned zones with the same colored sky have taken the place of 200 zones.

I would've been perfectly happy if these few areas coexisted with the previous 200, but it didn't happen that way. Now the entire game takes place within these re-skinned zones, and yes, that is boring.

Your last AH transaction is from February. None of your jobs are above level 75, and you have no titles from Abyssea. How are you in a position to judge Abyssea content? It seems you quit after the level increase announcement.

If anyone cares to go through my older posts, they'll find that I strongly disapproved of the level cap increase. I nearly left FFXI in July...and then someone discovered Abyssea alliance exp. I do not enjoy leveling like I did in my nub days, and Abyssea alliance exp solved my biggest personal issue with FFXI. It took a lot of the grind out of leveling 75+, and it allowed me to just play the damn game with my friends and linkshell.

I really don't care that the zones are reskinned. What matters to me is the content found within said zones. There's something for everyone there: quest hounds, soloists, small groups of friends, and larger linkshells alike. I, and a lot of other people, love what SE has done with Abyssea content.

FFXIV sports brand-new and very pretty zones, but because there's little to no content in said zones, the game's a critical failure and is on life support. FFXI has the opposite problem. The "new" zones are reskinned, but there's a lot of fun content! Old players are coming back to the game. They keep hearing that FFXI is more enjoyable than ever, and it's clear that FFXIV won't be worth playing (for most people) until the PS3 launch.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2010-12-20 08:37:20
Link | Citer | R

a game that is fueled by greed, a game that encourages hatefulness and negativity. It can never be brought back to what it once was.[/quote] Because HNM absolutely wasn't that? Waiting in lines for months just so useless players who needed huge alliances to cover for their weakness could take all of your drops first did not breed any kind of hatefulness or negativity right? Jesus christ rose-tinted glasses.

At least my glasses are tinted yours must be smeared with choco poop! By greed I do not mean the players that pay their money to play the game. I mean the company who owns the game that keeps coming up with stuff to make the game atractive to new players by changing it to please 6 year olds! The drops that you talk about are useless now. All of the fokes that waited for monts(More like years)may be a bit upset over that ...don't you think???

Calling people useless for playing a game the way it was ment to be played is just wrong. I believe it was ment to be a community game at first. (you may call this a flaw). I liked that aspect of the game it made it more interesting more meaningful to me.

Apparently there are not enough people like me that play games like this to keep the company marketing to us. It is a sad thing as I really enjoyed playing this game before it became a game for 6year olds and *** hats.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-20 10:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:
Old players are coming back to the game.

Nope. FFXI lost 1/3 of its player since abyssea, people don't come back or if it's the case, it means a lot more player are quitting than what we think which proves that it sucks even more.

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
HNM

We all understood that you spend your time camping dumb HnMs, I mean it's your problem for being that dumb. 99% of the player base did something else. If it was not fun what did you do it ? I mean the gear was junk, the droprate was junk and the system was junk.

Quote:

You're right, people should be spending all of their time grinding to level up. People should be grinding exp rather than playing content.

Yeah, that's what level cap increase means. Don't mix level cap increase and new content. Right now you have new gear, new abilities, new NMs. You don't technically have level cap increase.

Quote:

You would be absolutely overjoyed if instead of Abyssea there were 9 new Salvage zones or whatever; Salvage was the WORST event ever and it is wonderful that it is dead and gone.

Why.

[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-20 14:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Why.

Quote:
I mean the gear was junk, the droprate was junk and the system was junk.

That. Both systems were terrible.

Quote:
The drops that you talk about are useless now. All of the fokes that waited for monts(More like years)may be a bit upset over that ...don't you think???

I waited for god knows how many long for many now obsolete drops like Adaman Hauberk and I'm not sad in the least. Progression leads to obsoletion and yet is a very necessary part of improvement of a game, so I support it.

I'm not playing to epeen my gear over others and just earn pieces that'll be the best FOREVAR so it doesn't bother me at all.

Quote:
Calling people useless for playing a game the way it was ment to be played is just wrong. I believe it was ment to be a community game at first. (you may call this a flaw). I liked that aspect of the game it made it more interesting more meaningful to me.

I will clarify my point; people are not useless for enjoying fighting in alliances etc - this is perfectly fine. However, I'm sure everyone has at some time been in an LS with "that guy" who is notably terrible but can always get by just because he has an entire linkshell to fall back on.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-20 14:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

I'm not playing to epeen my gear over others and just earn pieces that'll be the best FOREVAR so it doesn't bother me at all.

You do. Or you wouldn't bother with ashittea.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-20 14:54:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:

Your last AH transaction is from February. None of your jobs are above level 75, and you have no titles from Abyssea. How are you in a position to judge Abyssea content? It seems you quit after the level increase announcement.

Can I point out that looking at someone profile page isn't a solid indicator of weather or not someone does or doesn't play? I know mine will always say 75/17 cause ... Kujata forever! xDD
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-20 15:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

You do. Or you wouldn't bother with ashittea.

I'm not earning the gear with the expectation for it to be the best forever. I am earning it as a byproduct of enjoying myself as I go.

It's different from the people crying because their Ridills and Ebodies etc didn't remain the ultimate epeen gear evar.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-20 16:09:43
Link | Citer | R

The only reason you enter abyssea is because you want better gear, you like pixels. If abyssea gear sucked or was worse than what you have you wouldn't bother.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-20 16:13:19
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't still be playing FFXI if it weren't for Abyssea, just dropping my two cents on it here lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Serveur: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-12-20 16:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:

If anyone cares to go through my older posts, they'll find that I strongly disapproved of the level cap increase. I nearly left FFXI in July...and then someone discovered Abyssea alliance exp. I do not enjoy leveling like I did in my nub days, and Abyssea alliance exp solved my biggest personal issue with FFXI. It took a lot of the grind out of leveling 75+, and it allowed me to just play the damn game with my friends and linkshell.

I really don't care that the zones are reskinned. What matters to me is the content found within said zones. There's something for everyone there: quest hounds, soloists, small groups of friends, and larger linkshells alike. I, and a lot of other people, love what SE has done with Abyssea content.

FFXIV sports brand-new and very pretty zones, but because there's little to no content in said zones, the game's a critical failure and is on life support. FFXI has the opposite problem. The "new" zones are reskinned, but there's a lot of fun content! Old players are coming back to the game. They keep hearing that FFXI is more enjoyable than ever, and it's clear that FFXIV won't be worth playing (for most people) until the PS3 launch.

I transferred to Phoenix server in February, but I still mostly use this one for posting cause I spent the most time on Valefor.

Anyway, just pointing this out, but I'm no fan of XIV thus far, so don't think I'm trying to support it. If you're happy with the current state of XI, cool; more power to you. However, you'd have to be in serious denial to not notice or acknowledge the population drop. By the time I left for good in September, the player base was bleeding away at a scary level. Sure, there will always be a few curious former players dropping in to see what's new, but they don't match the amount leaving.

Again, if you're enjoying FFXI, none of this matters. There are a certain group of players who will stick around until SE pulls the plug, just as there are with any online game; but for the majority, it seems it's time to move on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2010-12-20 16:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said:
Some things have been going through my mind lately about FFXI. Back when I started playing leveling was an adventure, as much as a pain in my ***. Okay, 10% adventure 90% a pain in my ***. Still, actually hitting level 75 meant something to me back then. Leveling was rough before Aht Urhgan (not so much Lumoria (sea) if you were one of those people that had it before Aht Urhgan and actually leveled there). I'm talking about the days when you got 75 in Tu'Lia (sky) killing Aura Statues maybe pulling off 5k exp an hour, maybe! And then getting your *** handed to you when Ullikummi popped, or being forced to level on Aura Weapons and Decorative Weapons when there were Linkshells/botters/hackers/gil sellers abusing the area around Ullikummi at a much slower pace than 5k exp an hour.

Being able to use a ring to give you extra exp per kill, being able to level with people level 10 or 30 when your level 60 through level sync. Everyone of these examples, and more unmentioned because I don't want to think of all the ways you can make EXP stupidly (before abyssea), are ways SE have given into our demands to be lazy and get what we want easier demeaning the work that others have done in the past to get what you want right now even if you don't truly deserve it.

Even considering you could get 1200 exp in a chest back then was crazy, let alone getting 100,000 exp in 30-60 minutes by killing a handful of mobs and building "lights".

All of us are being spoiled by Abyssea, no matter how you look at it. The game is so unbalanced at the moment. Why would anyone spend 5 hours doing 5k-10k an hour when you could do Abyssea. The fact you can level with 18 people and not have EXP penalties is ridiculous. Whats more ridiculous is 99% of the FFXI community are in Abyssea or AFK in Jeuno/Whitegate.

But Abyssea has given us the opportunity to level jobs we once wished we had but didn't have the time/motivation to do so because it could take months just to get the levels for the job. I have leveled jobs in Abyssea, but who wouldn't given the opportunity to through a buy-able expansion...

Honestly, SE needs to make the minimum level required to enter Abyssea level 75 since it came out when the level cap was raised after 9 years. No one is learning ***about their jobs leveling it from 30-90 in a few hours. SE slapped all its loyal players in the face for making the minimum level so low. All their hard work that they put in leveling for months, and seeking for hours and hours and hours..., because they wanted to be that job, means nothing now. Forget about armor, its always been replaced slowly update after update. It's the time we spent into leveling that really bothers me. Square-Enix make the required level to enter Abyssea level 75.

I miss when a Maats cap actually was an awesome achievement.

I'd be surprised if any of the players who started when Abyssea came out actually has a map of crawlers nest, or knows what a stone monument is. Or has leveled a craft, fished, leveled in any place other than Abyssea past level 30... has walked up to the throne room or has done dynamis. Hell, if they even have any of the CoP missions done.

There was an important progression leveling up to 75. You got to experience so much of the game, so many zones. Done so many activities and met so many people. The people, seriously. Anyone who has leveled before level sync knows this, that when you leveled you leveled with the same group of people (kinda), but you saw a lot of people and teamed up and made friends. Instead we are practically forced to visit 9 areas of the game and that's it.

Everything else is just so empty... :\

If I was SE I would want my players to use all the areas that they released and for everyone to experience them and experience the game, not just 9 areas. This is a game we should all experience together and have adventures and experiences but for me I don't see what they are thinking. The monsters in those areas make NO sense. They don't correspond to the area really... a corpselight is a scary lil thing, why are they even near cockatrices or scorpions or...adamantoises?! Okay, maybe they should of introduced more adamantoises in the game, and Wyrms. Not a whole lot of people got to experience those besides mission/quest versions which was actually a really cool way to get to experience a Wyrm (Ouryu) when most of them are monopolized by HNM LS's. But now you can experience just about any type of monster in the game by walking through 1 single area... its so stupid.

I'm not going to quit over it, but its just aggravating when this game was so fun once upon a time, and now its so much...smaller.
tl;dr. I actually think since abyssea came out, I'm having the most fun I've ever had with this game. Sure, people are leveling fast, whatever, I'm glad I can get through to the current level cap in a couple hours instead of weeks. Instead of focusing on grinding, I can duo/trio a lot of things with a couple friends and actually obtain great gear without dealing with greedy *** linkshell leaders. Also glad I don't have to wait 2-3 hours for an NM to pop. Blahblahblah, I like abyssea, I'm actually having fun than just sitting in my mog house all day for an invite/because I don't have a group of 12-18 to kill for gear.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-20 16:28:18
Link | Citer | R

Yesssss! Crystalchan knows how it is!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-20 16:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
The only reason you enter abyssea is because you want better gear, you like pixels. If abyssea gear sucked or was worse than what you have you wouldn't bother.

Polygons.

Also;

Shut the *** up Pimpchan.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-20 16:30:10
Link | Citer | R

I played the game before all that ***too... I played on 2 different servers, it was fun back then, ***took longer yes.

But like Vinvv said, without abyssea I wouldn't bother playing XI today.. I only came back to play an MMO while waiting for XIV to come out / get it's ***together.. yes it's different than the way it used to be but it's still fun. without level sync outside abyssea people would never party.

only thing i miss is it seems back in the day if you were new then it was pretty much sink or swim, people would help people learn the basics. now people get by easy with multiple 75+s without knowing basic ***like skillchains or magic bursts things that were essential back in the day
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-20 16:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

Missing the point. You're correct I like better gear - everyone who plays this game at some level enjoys acquiring gear. A lot of people who dislike the level cap increases are those who, having obtained their gear, want it to remain the best forever and ever.
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2010-12-20 17:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Instead of focusing on grinding, I can duo/trio a lot of things with a couple friends and actually obtain great gear without dealing with greedy *** linkshell leaders.

Hopefully they never add new endgame events that require a good leader and an organized system. People will be SOL. All that will be left are the losers with no life that cheet to get all that they have in game and BOT LS leaders who sell gil and live on food stamps.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-20 17:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Irishlass said:
Quote:
Instead of focusing on grinding, I can duo/trio a lot of things with a couple friends and actually obtain great gear without dealing with greedy *** linkshell leaders.

Hopefully they never add new endgame events that require a good leader and an organized system. People will be SOL. All that will be left are the losers with no life that cheet to get all that they have in game and BOT LS leaders who sell gil and live on food stamps.
SOL?
I don't really play this game for endgame events :/
I mean yeah the nice and shiny end-game items are nice.
But I take my time and play with local friends.
 Asura.Eeek
Serveur: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-20 17:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
However, you'd have to be in serious denial to not notice or acknowledge the population drop. By the time I left for good in September, the player base was bleeding away at a scary level. Sure, there will always be a few curious former players dropping in to see what's new, but they don't match the amount leaving.

I think this may be a difference in servers.

Aside from the days immediately following the merge with Pandemonium (when the server was packed with curious people), Asura has remained a fairly well populated server. It's not unusual for the server to hit 2500-3000 players during NA prime, and during JP prime, the population sometimes peaks over 3500. And our population hasn't been declining; it's been steadily increasing over the past month or two. Server transfers are coming in. Old friends and LS mates are coming back. My LS and Friends List hasn't been this populated since the Salvage bans (if anyone remembers, the Salvage bans totally wrecked Asura).

In my opinion, Asura hasn't been this alive since 2009. I reacted to the level increase announcements with extreme skepticism, and I'm thrilled to have been so wrong. FFXI isn't limping along anymore, and it's the level increase and Abyssea that made the positive impact.
 Ragnarok.Spicer
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: spicer
By Ragnarok.Spicer 2010-12-20 18:16:17
Link | Citer | R

I hate when people say, "If you don't like the game don't play it"

If your like me and spent close to w/e years 5 or more on this game, I think our opinion and thoughts are allowed. And or want to change things about the game. It's hard to just up and quit just because something is different with the game we don't like. Instead we want to improve it. I am one of those people who feel the same way.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2010-12-20 19:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
SOL?

And that is fine for you but some people like to do endgame events. The people who used to provide a somewhat less painful way of doing endgame are not interested in leading the majority of people who play now. People who play now are a different kind of player. They are not team players, they are all for one and none for all kind of people. They need that quick fix, they think that everything worth getting can be gotten in one day. They don’t trust anyone and stick to their small clicks and shut out everyone else.

If you have never been in an endgame LS that actually had fun at events and treated people like next door neighbors and friends then I don’t think you will understand why I say all this stuff.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-20 19:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Irishlass said:
Quote:
SOL?

And that is fine for you but some people like to do endgame events. The people who used to provide a somewhat less painful way of doing endgame are not interested in leading the majority of people who play now. People who play now are a different kind of player. They are not team players, they are all for one and none for all kind of people. They need that quick fix, they think that everything worth getting can be gotten in one day. They don’t trust anyone and stick to their small clicks and shut out everyone else.

If you have never been in an endgame LS that actually had fun at events and treated people like next door neighbors and friends then I don’t think you will understand why I say all this stuff.
i haven't done the endgame LS scene myself but my roomate has.
after abyssea it died for the most part.
but most of the content it was applicable to was getting a bit soggy anyway.

i started kind of late off around this time last year, got my 75 before the abyssea update.
i mainly don't play in larger groups because I get high when I play so I don't wanna look like a fool around a bunch of people...online social anxiety if you will lol.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-12-20 19:27:53
Link | Citer | R

I agree with the OP that the game has gotten far too easy. I agree that the level requirement to enter it should be increased to Lv.75 or do something else to make it so people can't just bring jobs in and get from 30 to 90 in like 12 hours.

Hopefully when the level cap finally hits Lv.99 they'll balance it to allow us to experience the game normally again. The sad thing is that anyone who was going to exploit the speed of leveling there is bound to have already exploited it to the max.

I actually feel pain on the inside every time I walk into an area and seeing so many people with Lv.90 Blue Mage. I spent 5 years leveling it up, trying to learn every spell along the way, collecting equipment on other jobs so I could use it on Blue Mage. Even if I'd only use a weapon for one level I'd still do everything I could to get it just so I wouldn't be gimped. I look at all of these people and die a little inside knowing the only spell they've probably learned was Head Butt...
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-20 19:34:27
Link | Citer | R

serious question, what content was hard or challenging outside of old school CoP missions?
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2010-12-20 19:35:46
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
i mainly don't play in larger groups because I get high when I play so I don't wanna look like a fool around a bunch of people...online social anxiety if you will lol.

LOL you would have fit right in in Hellsangels. One of our top dogs in the LS (Valyr, I miss him so bad :() woud anounce 4:20 every day haha.
Valyr was our Dyna leader and he taught me how to pull. He was at his best when he was high. God we had so much fun!

Well this is making me start to cry to I will leave it at that... Just know that there are a lot of good ppl out there that feal lost now due to all of this new stuff and its just not the same no more.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-20 19:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Chazzyphizzle said:
serious question, what content was hard or challenging outside of old school CoP missions?
more old school COP missions lol.

Cerberus.Irishlass said:
Quote:

LOL you would have fit right in in Hellsangels. One of our top dogs in the LS (Valyr, I miss him so bad :() woud anounce 4:20 every day haha.
Valyr was our Dyna leader and he taught me how to pull. He was at his best when he was high. God we had so much fun!

Well this is making me start to cry to I will leave it at that... Just know that there are a lot of good ppl out there that feal lost now due to all of this new stuff and its just not the same no more.
yup.
it's a sad part of life though :(
i honestly am not really much of an MMO-guy.
I'm an anime nerd before a video-game one :P

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-12-21 01:02:30
Link | Citer | R

True that abyssea gave us alot of nubs, but I see that as a plus, when you have alot of nubs the good ones will be more visible. simply don't accept those idiots in your LS.

what I do is add nubs in blacklist, so that when i make an abyssea alliance and send them a tell for pt, I don't get an answer back, if i forgot their names.

All games have good/bad players, and most of us leveled pre Toah it doesn't make us special, you just have to deal with the new updates and at any point of time you feel that you don't want to play, stop giving your money to SE. Simply put.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-21 04:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:

Aside from the days immediately following the merge with Pandemonium (when the server was packed with curious people), Asura has remained a fairly well populated server. It's not unusual for the server to hit 2500-3000 players during NA prime, and during JP prime, the population sometimes peaks over 3500. And our population hasn't been declining; it's been steadily increasing over the past month or two.

Your are full of ***, I can tell you 3500 never hapen, 3000 never happens, 2500 never happens. Now prove me wrong by posting a SS, do eeeeeeeet. I can tell you that asura population did decrease since it was ~16k in september and now is 13k. -20% since september and probably -30% since ashittea release, like the rest of the population.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8