First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-19 05:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
There's only 1 point of view, and that's mine. Everyone who thinks differently are just full of fail.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 05:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
The good players will take the initiative. Nobody should have to be forced.

Teachers just grade your tests in college. They don't force you to do daily assignments or homework. You take the initiative and do it to prep for the test and don't fail

Do your research here, take the initiative and don't fail.
yet there is hardly any reprocussions for being fail now, before it could be made painstakingly obvious in a min or 2. if you dont give people motivation how are they going to see that they are fail when they are just doing what they think is right.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-19 05:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
There's only 1 point of view, and that's mine. Everyone who thinks differently are just full of fail.
When did I say that? Way to misquote.

Again people can do what they want.

I'm just saying IT IS NOT NECESSARY.

And it's not.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 05:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Siren.Kalilla said:

haha love it
glorious
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-19 05:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Sure no one is telling them they can't do that stuff, but who would they do it with when everyone's in abyssea?

The people who want to.

I've done plenty of things that I've wanted to that wasn't considered popular or what others wanted to do.

If you want to do something, do it. If not, don't.

I don't know if my points are totally passing over your head, or if you just enjoy arguing.

Either way it's a lost cause. Just because this game turned out to be better for you, doesn't mean it turned out to a better game.

You seem to assume that new players even know what options they have.

Even if they went to wiki and did research, it's far from the same.

Go to wiki and read about some long annoying quest, and it might not be very apealing compared to 100k exp per hr.

Remove the option to get 100 k exp per hour (for someone around lv 50ish), and the quest might be apealing to them. After they've finally finished the quest, got their reward they might even feel that they've accomplished something. And who know, maybe actually doing the quest was a hell of a lot more fun than reading about it on wiki. And who knows, maybe they learned something new (that doesnt nessesary makes them better at their job). Even if they just had to visit a new zone or 2 (that they simply just found pretty) that they didnt know existed, or would have never visited unless they did that quest, it would have been a good thing.

the only problem i can see with this is ffxi is a business

there aren't many people willing to join an old game .. spend months grinding lame *** levels.. just to hopefully enjoy the endgame aspects of a mmo they just started playing

they are trying to bring new people into the game.. sure they are pushing out older players.. but they are gambling on it attracting new players.

the skill >> grind argument is just pointless tbh.. ffxi is gonna look out for the bottom line

(tho my 2 cents is a monkey can figure out how to play a job at lvl 99.. its a freaking video game not rocket science ... new people might not be great.. but practice or w/e they can become competent enough...

bottom line.. if you are good at video games you will pick up and play a game good.. no matter what the circumstances.. if you aren't its nothing to be ashamed of.. just enjoy the game >_>)

oh disclaimer.. im just enjoying the game.. im not great or anything ;p
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-12-19 05:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Business sucks, I want an adventurous game! Not the same areas recolored over and over... I miss finding out that that worthless crag has a humongous tower built in it that's 4 stories tall and has empty monsters in it.. that had a portal that warped you to a meadow that had a beautiful landscape and a wonderful storyline.

I want more of that :\... What happened to that?! Why can't they continue developing the game. I see lots of adventure and story thrills if they release that stuff instead of corrupting the game with Abyssea.
[+]
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-19 05:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said:
Business sucks, I want an adventurous game! Not the same areas recolored over and over... I miss finding out that that worthless crag has a humongous tower built in it that's 4 stories tall and has empty monsters in it.. that had a portal that warped you to a meadow that had a beautiful landscape and a wonderful storyline.

me too.. game doesn't feel like it has any set direction atm..

there is no "endgame", and i feel this will hurt them unless they have some big dynamic endgame system in store to replace salvage, dynamis, limbus, einherjar, w/e other endgame junk that is now worthless.

unfortunately i dont think they will spend the resources to make a new storyline in ffxi after the failure of ff14..

they will probably keep pouring money into ff14 while ffxi stagnates D:

kinda hope ff14 becomes semi successful in the near future.. so it can stop siphoning all of ffxi's talent and resources >_>
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-19 05:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Nothing happened to that. That never existed. That was a fan made map.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-12-19 05:39:29
Link | Citer | R

I know it is, but the history is still there. They tell about them throughout the whole game. I'm talking about making the game more than what it is, 9 areas atm, and they never even touched base on those areas at all.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-19 05:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea feels like a really fast expansion. I'd at least like some reasoning behind it other than "Lol maws appeared and der be ***in there"
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-19 05:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Did you do the storyline?
[+]
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-19 05:47:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Did you do the storyline?

i'm not really sure what the storyline for abyssea is myself either tbh

there's a gay pirate in jeuno that gives me only 5 stones at a time for my safety.. and i get to run around another dimension to help out this alternate reality :\
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-19 05:49:31
Link | Citer | R

It progresses as you beat bosses. It's not a long story line, but it's pretty good imo. You'll get CS' between the bosses that progress the story
[+]
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-12-19 05:52:18
Link | Citer | R

They will probably continue to tease up by adding many "new" items from these "Unexplored/Closed off to Adventurers" areas "YUU CAN'T HAS NEW LANDZ ITS JP ONRY! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

I will be shocked if they open up Olzhirya Gha Naboh (didn't Lehko Mention being able to see him "some day" or w/e?), though where would the ship depart from? Mhaura like in CoP when Shikaree Z went home?
[+]
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-19 05:54:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
It progresses as you beat bosses. It's not a long story line, but it's pretty good imo. You'll get CS' between the bosses that progress the story

yah but i wouldn't really consider that a storyline..

seems fairly rudimentary storyline if you consider that one..

step one click maw : start cs "please help save us.. defeat this mob"

step two kill mob

step three exit maw : start cs "thank you for killing xxxx mob"

maybe if will make sense when i finally reach shinryu and there is a cs with all the previous npc's thanking me for winning??

atm.. it doesn't really feel like much of a story.

just an alternate dimension appears.. take this stone.. kill ***..
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-19 05:58:47
Link | Citer | R

There's not just the maw cs'. Most ppl just skip through the Jocaim (or however you spell his name) to get your stones faster. He has you meet up with a certain someone after your first few bosses and that's where the storyline comes in. Only thingi s you don't have to do it in order. s long as you have the boss kills and their titles, you can kill them all first then just watch all the CS'. That's the only problem with it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-12-19 06:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Reminds me of this....PICTURE
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-19 07:00:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
There's not just the maw cs'. Most ppl just skip through the Jocaim (or however you spell his name) to get your stones faster. He has you meet up with a certain someone after your first few bosses and that's where the storyline comes in. Only thingi s you don't have to do it in order. s long as you have the boss kills and their titles, you can kill them all first then just watch all the CS'. That's the only problem with it.

The story is actually pretty *** kickass... I got my 6th Caturae done tonight, and I have all 9 boss kills done... The story had some surprise twists but I really liked it, as short as it was. Now I gotta kill Shinryu to get the rest of it, but atm, its pretty awesome...

and I love how everybody is saying "all this abyssea is ruining XI....what about (x area of lore) not explored EVER!" ...do you people not realize that abyssea is more or less over with this third expansion but we still have 9 levels to go????
[+]
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-12-19 07:19:18
Link | Citer | R

And dont forget "Preparations are also under way for the introduction of a new type of merit point for players who have reached the new level 99 summit."

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-19 08:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Quasi said:
Tamas
lol

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-19 08:56:35
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, I only posted that because I don't see Rajas in your equip history. It's not the fact that you got it all those years ago that amuses me (I figured you were a mage only back then), it's that you appear to still have it.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-19 09:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Tiger wins the thread.

I suppose most people here are young or don't read much, so they're unfamiliar with the concept of change over time. Nothing stays the same. Nothing.

Intelligence, curiosity, and research make good players. Leveling methods have no bearing whatsoever on whether or not a player will be good at the level cap.

I'm also stunned that people think Abyssea, of all things, is making FFXI stagnant. I suppose it's true if all one does in Abyssea is exp. I see many, many pairs of rose-colored glasses in this thread.

Seriously, Abyssea is making FFXI stagnant? At this time last year, the level cap was still 75 as it had been for years, and people were still doing the same endgame events they'd been doing for years. 2010's been a year of drastic change in FFXI, and some people think that now it's stagnant? Amazing...

By the way, a lot of you act as if the devs erased all the older content from FFXI. I assure you, it's still there. If players both old and new want to experience it, there's nothing stopping them. Aside from laziness, that is.
[+]
By Enternius 2010-12-19 09:11:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:
By the way, a lot of you act as if the devs erased all the older content from FFXI. I assure you, it's still there. If players both old and new want to experience it, there's nothing stopping them. Aside from laziness, that is.
I'd say "There's no reason to bother with Maat's Cap anymore, there's lots of better stuff", but even that can be obtained in about a month or two.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Serveur: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-12-19 10:04:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:

I'm also stunned that people think Abyssea, of all things, is making FFXI stagnant.

The massive population drop in the last few months seems to indicate that you and Tiger are in the minority. Half a dozen re-skinned zones with the same colored sky have taken the place of 200 zones.

I would've been perfectly happy if these few areas coexisted with the previous 200, but it didn't happen that way. Now the entire game takes place within these re-skinned zones, and yes, that is boring.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2010-12-19 20:32:28
Link | Citer | R

The mystery, the romance, the pride and satisfaction of achieving the seemingly impossible has faded. Conversations that made us laugh and made us cry, are just memories from a different time… a different place. The level of dedication and respect we had for one another will never again be found. It is a new game now. A game that knows no limits, a game that is fueled by greed, a game that encourages hatefulness and negativity. It can never be brought back to what it once was. Those who start playing it now will never know the game that we knew. But we will never forget, we the players of old. This will be our curse, this will be our treasure, a treasure that only we can have.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-20 07:45:48
Link | Citer | R

I approve this thread. FFXI is an empty nutshell. My first year of FFXI was getting 75 RDM, getting chocobo digging level 10, getting the appropriate subjobs, farming gil, doing cop missions, doing roz missions, duoing nation missions. Doing these stuff meant something.

Right now it's bullcrap, ashittea, short term goals. How can the game survive ? I mean look, people at max level mondays before the VU and the next day they are again max level, everyone, on multiple jobs. They even failed their level cap increase, it's not even fun, the whole point of increasing level cap is to make a difference bewtenn low level and high level.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-20 07:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The massive population drop in the last few months seems to indicate that you and Tiger are in the minority.

Which is obviously solely Abyssea and has nothing to do with new MMORPGs (notably 14), people realising that they didn't actually enjoy the game but just stuck with it because they felt like it (how many people do you know who were in the horrendous torture of HNM and hated it but still stayed, or people who remarked "FFXI is fun"?) or other factors, right? Correlation-causation confusion, look it up.

Cerberus.Irishlass said:
a game that is fueled by greed, a game that encourages hatefulness and negativity. It can never be brought back to what it once was.

Because HNM absolutely wasn't that? Waiting in lines for months just so useless players who needed huge alliances to cover for their weakness could take all of your drops first did not breed any kind of hatefulness or negativity right? Jesus christ rose-tinted glasses.

Quote:
Right now it's bullcrap, ashittea, short term goals. How can the game survive ? I mean look, people at max level mondays before the VU and the next day they are again max level, everyone, on multiple jobs. They even failed their level cap increase, it's not even fun, the whole point of increasing level cap is to make a difference bewtenn low level and high level.

You're right, people should be spending all of their time grinding to level up. People should be grinding exp rather than playing content.

You would be absolutely overjoyed if instead of Abyssea there were 9 new Salvage zones or whatever; Salvage was the WORST event ever and it is wonderful that it is dead and gone.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8