Weaponskill sets
 Alexander.Chaosbringer
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Agent11d7
By Alexander.Chaosbringer 2010-12-09 21:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Having trouble with my damage on weaponskills in Abyssea areas

I am using that for Raging Rush. Wondering if i should change the weapon skill body to Askar or leave it as is. The damage output is so sparadic. Also what changes should i make for kings justice. I dont have other gear besides what i got on there.

Here is my tp set. I think it works out pretty good. Again any tips would be appreciated.

I have 5/5 str merits, 5/5 double attack merits, 3/5 savagery, 1 tomahawk and 1 warriors charge. I am using pizza +1 or squid sushi+1. I am not really sure how to better warrior. When I do weapon skills on warrior they range from like 300-1k. Damage is so unpredictable. Also i just hit level 84 and my Great axe skill is at 294. (Its pretty underleved, i am getting skill ups in abyssea but they come slow. I have no axe merits or G.axe.) I am pretty disappointed with my WAR, i seen people do so much damage and i do weapon skills for like 200-500 damage.

Again i dont have much gear, i quit a few months back got rid of some of my gear.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-09 21:33:52
Link | Citer | R

for you OP.
 Alexander.Chaosbringer
By Alexander.Chaosbringer 2010-12-09 21:37:31
Link | Citer | R

I dont know how to make the item sets comeout like that. Sad times
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-09 21:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

for you OP.
Code
[itemset]190855[/itemset]

Just copy paste that into the OP, you had it right the first time you just missed a parentheses.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-09 21:41:31
Link | Citer | R

change the grip to a pole grip, fetch yourself a snow gorget, change the fowling earring to a brutal earring

those're the main things that bother me about that set tbh, but the rest is acceptable in a sense i suppose ;\

edit: missed the tp set, use full perle instead if it possesses a greater haste count (which in your case, it does)
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-09 21:42:46
Link | Citer | R

First of all, I'd suggest you try get Razed Ruins and Voracious Violet Atmas in Abyssea. They make a huge difference.

Stick to Perle Hauberk for Raging Rush, as it offers good stats that favor it. Get a Brutal earring to use on both TP and WS and change grip to Pole grip.

You'll need to work on a new Great Axe, Perdu is old now.

I would recommend you fully merit Warrior's Charge and Great Axe, either fully merit Berserk recast or split it with 2/5 Agg. / Berserk and 1/5 Warcry and fully merit Savagery or have 4/5 Savagery 1/5 Tomahawk.

You should get yourself a Sea Gorget for WS (Snow and Breeze cover all your GA WSs)

Work on AF3 to improve both TP and WS builds.

Edit: At this point of the game it'd be hard and pointless to work on older gear such as hecatomb. I'll give you a list of Abyssea drops that you could benefit from in your TP and WS sets.

Wait, you have Byakko's haidate and Brutal earring! You should use something like this for TP:

and this for RR WS:

Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-09 21:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Good post up above atmas > gear.

That being said a very easy and good gaxe to obtain is vermeil bhuj, its a quick and nice jump from the tried and true perdu voulge of yesteryear.
[+]
 Alexander.Chaosbringer
By Alexander.Chaosbringer 2010-12-09 21:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Awesome thanks for the replies. For the atmas i have the one that boost strength and dex, i think, sorry i just cameback on sunday to the game so trying to catch up with Abyssea. Sheelay, on the tp set u desccribed, for hands i do have dust gloves and askar hands. Should i use the askar hands or the dusk.

What about my G. Axe Skill, is it to low, do yo guys think thats why i am doing suck low damage. Also my abilities. when i am getting to do weaponk skill i activate berserk, aggresor and war cry. Is that Correct?

Any tips for a Steel cyclone set?

Thanks again guys.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-09 22:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Here's a list of items you could aim at getting to improve your builds. I'm not going to add any weapon as it will depend on your personal choices from Abyssea, WoE or ToM.

Let's start off with the new AF3

grim cuirass A great piece for WSs

Zahak's mail Currently, thanks to Atmas, a great WS piece for Crit WSs.

Rose strap Campaign, easy to obtain and potentially useul to make X/Hit builds

goading belt A great compromise between Haste and STP on the waist

bullwhip belt The ultimate Haste belt for WAR

sentry belt beats good ole Warrior's stone for pure STR modded WSs (not for Raging Rush)

beir belt +1 Currently unknown recipe, highest STR on waist

Belenos' mantle A nice back for Acc/STP builds

tactical mantle the ultimate STP back for WAR, but comes with a price.

atheling mantle Currently unknown where to get it from Abyssea, but massively good TP back

varangian helm A great WS head once you manage to backup the Acc loss. Not recommended on multihits if you lack Acc

heafoc mitts Like the item above

fortis mantle etc..

Vulcan's pearl currently the highest str earring with no latents attached ( unlike Vampire ). Recipe still missing I believe

pyrosoul ring same as above

Edit: There's a lot more items you could want, but it all depends on the kind of sets you can make with the time/Ls you have etc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-09 22:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Any tips for a Steel cyclone set?
SC is dead, yey for Fell Cleave

here is my set
sumeru+1 ws dmg+10%

[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-09 22:14:43
Link | Citer | R

For TP there is no reason you should use Askar helm or hands and lose 2% haste. Stick with Walara turban and Dusk gloves.

As for the JAs' I wouldn't wait on a WS before using Berserk, Aggressor and Restraint. Use Warcry when up and ready to WS

Steel Cyclone is a forgotten WS nowadays. I'd suggest you worked on a Fell Cleave build instead, as it is great for Exp burns.

Fell Cleave has a 60% STR modifier and deals AoE damage. This is the build I had for it before taking a break:

[+]
 Alexander.Chaosbringer
By Alexander.Chaosbringer 2010-12-09 22:28:53
Link | Citer | R

All right. I do have heca hands body and feet. I will work on hitting G.axe skill 300 tonight. I am pretty close to it. I will try to build a good Fell Cleave set.

Thank you all for your comments and help. I will look at that Atma post also.

Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-09 22:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Good to know you have Heca parts, you can rely on them for WS

This for Raging Rush and add in Heca body for KJ, FC, SC with a Breeze gorget

I think Heca feet are still the best WS feet WAR can get, aside from clout boots which can compromise X/Hit builds. An exception could be made for Crit WS's where AF3 feet might overcome the STR on Heca
 Alexander.Chaosbringer
By Alexander.Chaosbringer 2010-12-09 22:48:52
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah! What about food? what is a good food for warrior, well for my warrior to use. I was using pizza +1 and squid sushi.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-09 22:52:32
Link | Citer | R

I think pizza is your best choice for now.

Once you're capped with GA Skill, and if you can get Razed Ruins Atma, you can probably switch to some other food with STR Attack.

Personally, I liked using Carbonara for the STP, which helped me reach a better X/Hit build while lacking certain STP items.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-09 23:06:19
Link | Citer | R

i use yellow curry buns with VV/RR
 Sylph.Otsego
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2010-12-09 23:48:38
Link | Citer | R

My WS set for Raging Rush on WAR, at 90. I will be the first to admit, it is not nearly perfect, but without any of the heaving hitting atma's in abyssea, it gets the job done. I do anywhere from 1300 to 2700, never really consistant, purely based on buffs from temps and /ja. Max I have hit in this exact setup was 3030. Oh and food, I use Carbonara because i lack the Store TP to have a 6 hit otherwise. Sumeru +1 (WS Dmg +10%)
 Alexander.Chaosbringer
By Alexander.Chaosbringer 2010-12-10 21:27:10
Link | Citer | R

So i tried some of the suggestions and i bought some pieces. Here is what i was using for Raging Rush and Fell Cleave. I was using Carbonara for food and i had the atma that gave you bonus to strengh and dex on. My G. Axe skill level was at 282 at the start.fighting Mandies in Abyssea Torangi or however you spell it.

Seven hours later I was at G. Axe skill level 314 and I was finally doing damage between 1k-2k. I was a lot happier with my warrior.
Couple of questions. With Fall Cleave with that same set i was averaging around 600-900 damage. Never went above 900. Is it still because my level for G. axe is so low. Currently its at 314 and i am level 90. According to wiki, it should be 361. still aways off.
Also i have the outdated Perdu axe. I will work on trials soon enough to get a replacement. With work and college i dont have time to join a abyssea farming ls, so any suggestions for a good axe that just requires kills of 300 of these and 200 of those i would be glad to hear them. Thank you.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-10 21:54:53
Link | Citer | R

Try walk of echoes. If it's something you think you can do in your off time, and your server has pick up groups, then Maschu+2 path is the best way to go.
Otherwise Atlas+2 or Sumeru+2 should be fairly simple to solo with enough time.
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2010-12-10 23:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Your WS set for RR/FC is not too bad. Weapon wise, I would recommend either going for Sumeru +1/2 through trials, or picking up Elephas Axe, which I have found is comparable to Sumeru +1 on WS. My Great Axe is not quite capped, 365 with 8/8 merits, 349 base. No Razed Ruins or Voracious Violet, and I am taru, turning 2-3k average. The only suggestions I can make is get your hands on Hecatomb Mittens, Ravager's Mask +1 (for WS) and Ravager's Cuisses +1. Your lack of damage could primarly be caused by the weapon alone, 91 on Perdu vs 104 on Sumeru +1, and 109 on Elephas Axe. I only have 5 more STR on WS than you do, so other than this, I don't know what to recommend.
[+]
 Alexander.Chaosbringer
By Alexander.Chaosbringer 2010-12-10 23:37:42
Link | Citer | R

I have the Hecacomb mittens but i chose to use the perle hands for the attack +10. Should I use heca hands instead of the perle hands. Is the more strength better then the extra attack+10?

Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-11 01:51:32
Link | Citer | R

On WAR, Attack is not as important as STR for a WS set, especially considering the fact that Attack is directly affected by STR and not the other way around. Keep in mind that Attack is the easiest stat to boost through Food.

- Raging Rush has a STR-DEX mod, with a variable chance to deal Critical Damage depending on TP. Basically, that means it's always nice to have good ammounts of Dextriety (or Critical Hit+) to push the critical hitrate up.

The Damage Spikes are, in fact, critical hits.

It's good to know you have the DEX (Razed Ruins) and STR (Voracious Violet} Atmas because they greatly affect your performance in Abyssea! I would suggest you to stick with Hecatomb hands because they might eventually push your fSTR to yet another level, whereas Attack won't do as good. I would also suggest you to stick with Byakko's Haidate over Perle legs for RR to increse your chance to crit.

- Fell Cleave is on a completely different level. It's much more similar to Steel Cyclone, yet pretty different. Remember that unlike RR, FC's WS modifier is pure STR/Attack. The reason I was previously suggesting you to make a WS Build for it is due to its great usefulness when used in a rather strict scenario such as Fell Cleave Exp Pty Burns.

For greater details on this relatively new Exp. strategy, you can refer to an earlier topic on the WAR Forum.

Overall, you seem to be doing a good work improving. Just wait until you've capped your GA Skill and merited WAR.

As for the GAs, while you work on a ToM GA, you should be able to obtain a vermeil bhuj or barbarus bhuj, the latter actually allowing you to fool around with Metatron Torment for giggles.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-18 12:35:21
Link | Citer | R

Instead of making a new thread, this is basically a question I need to ask. Would Zahak's Mail be king For Raging Rush/Rampage? How about for PT gain with Razed Ruins and VV.

I also have Hauberk+1 but I was just trying to figure out what Niche it would fill.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-12-18 12:46:39
Link | Citer | R

Good Set for RR (In my opinion) -> This is asusming ur in abyssea and have RR

Head: Varangian Helm
Body: (Grim Cuirass or e.body if u need acc)
Hands: Af3+2
Legs : af3+2
Feet: Af3+2
Head : af3+2
Belt : Snow Belt
Back : Athelius Mantle(sp?, one with att20 da3)
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2:Strigoi
Ear1:af3
Ear2:Brutal
Neck:Snow gorget
Ra:Ravager's Orb

I Dont know if anyone needs this or cares, just posting it. If you cannot obtain the gear here send me a PM and i can give you Optional pieces
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2010-12-20 04:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
Good Set for RR (In my opinion) -> This is asusming ur in abyssea and have RR

Head: Varangian Helm
Body: (Grim Cuirass or e.body if u need acc)
Hands: Af3+2
Legs : af3+2
Feet: Af3+2
Head : af3+2
Belt : Snow Belt
Back : Athelius Mantle(sp?, one with att20 da3)
Ring1: Rajas
Ring2:Strigoi
Ear1:af3
Ear2:Brutal
Neck:Snow gorget
Ra:Ravager's Orb

I Dont know if anyone needs this or cares, just posting it. If you cannot obtain the gear here send me a PM and i can give you Optional pieces

I can understand to an extent if you're throwing in a lot of that Empyrean set for the sake of the set bonus, but that's really not doing much for you as far as WS mods go. For the most part you'll be at or near the att cap all the time with food and any outside buffs, and DA gear only does so much for you, so really, the only way to significantly boost your WS dmg is through boosting your STR and your other WS mods (which this set really isn't doing a lot of).