Apathy getting attacked for killing PW
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Tigris
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Bour
By Shiva.Tigris 2009-02-19 14:09:42
Link | Citer | R

I can understand Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodum's argument that if it's a problem, SE can fix it by having a mob remember enmity until killed. But at the same time, that has it's limits. If you're just logging out for intended reasons, and happen to aggro a mob right when you actually log, is it fair to be raped the instant you log in, especially with lag the mob will most likely get 4-5 shots on you unopposed before you can even respond. I dunno, it's just my opinion. I personally don't use this exploit, but I don't think it's a bad thing. I like to do things the way the programmers intended. And that is NOT a shot at Apathy or any other LS that uses this tactic on longer HNMs, it's just my personal ideal.
 Lakshmi.Caitrina
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: xiiiaxel
By Lakshmi.Caitrina 2009-02-19 17:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Two things.

1. The majority of players have one point in playing FFXI logged out to reset hate or lose aggro.

2. If SE is going to add a mob as sadistic as PW, and then put a two hour time limit on it because some group who attempted it earlier didn't know how to call it quits, people are going to find ways to kill it. As far as I know, Apathy didn't use and bots or hacks or anything, they just logged out of the game. Which as someone stated earlier, isn't an "unfair advantage" because /everyone/ can log out.
 Valefor.Mithano
Serveur: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-02-19 17:38:42
Link | Citer | R

Well clearly, you can't use the "everyone" tactic alone, because the salvage dupe was available to everyone as well. Not saying anything else either way, but the "everyone" argument is not valid on this point.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-02-19 17:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Kudos to Apathy for killing PW, They used their brains and came up with a good strategy, that to be honest not many people would ever even consider.

And as far as /logout breaking any rules or circumventing game mechanics I really cant see an argument I do it all the time on BST, I literally did it 20 minutes ago when i got bunny link >_>, If SE thought I shouldn't be doing it surely a GM would have been waiting for me when I log back in right...?
 Garuda.Hiroichirou
Serveur: Garuda
By Garuda.Hiroichirou 2009-02-19 18:34:35
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Michaelk said:
They might have not killed it the "right" way, but they still killed PW regardless, hats off to them.

^
This