First Page 2 3 4 5
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-17 17:44:27
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Let's not even entertain the notion that Square Enix will act on this. The poster's just wasting his time. Let him. No need to start discussing end of the days because loggers are going to be banned.

While I would say that SE should have enough common sense to know that the "logging" tactic is widely practiced, they do have a tendency to perform actions that I've previously thought "they wouldn't do that, it's not just."

I don't believe the banning will happen, but I wouldn't dismiss it either. It IS SE
 Garuda.Mineyl
Serveur: Garuda
user: Mineyl
By Garuda.Mineyl 2009-02-17 17:45:07
Link | Citer | R

I seriously question the OP's judgment.

I am calling for an investigation of this "victory" as a matter of misconduct by the Special Task Force. I believe the Apathy linkshell (those members who took part in this fight) should be penalized under "Actions Which Might Result in an Unfair Advantage" -- as stated in Article Q12652 in your Q&A on your official site.

Unfair advantage? News flash: everyone can log out of the game. I'm sure if you just open up your main menu and press left or right, you will see it there at the bottom of the list of commands!

/sigh
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-17 17:46:06
Link | Citer | R

The OP probably reading this just going /WRIST!!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-17 17:47:11
Link | Citer | R

When they ban, they ban for reasons. That's the bottom line. They don't ban for no reason "because they feel like it" as someone said in one of that blog's comments. Sure, they've made some strange decisions in the past and done things that've surprised the community, but one thing they don't do is ban for no reason.

Logging out isn't cheating or bending game mechanics. Should they be able to keep us logged into the game against our will because they don't want us to clear our hate? They could quite easily have coded it so logging out doesn't clear hate, but they didn't.

It's just somebody who was banned lashing out because he wants to take other people down with him. He's obviously got too much spare time since being banned if he's sending that to the STF.

PS. Only the first sentence is directed at you, Kyaaadaa. The rest is just a rant =P
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-17 17:48:58
Link | Citer | R

They do have the mechanic to keep you in the game, provided that a mob tags you as your resting.
 Caitsith.Surge
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2009-02-17 17:53:40
Link | Citer | R

I think the strat apathy used is fair. To think they are in viloation of the code of conduct is a pissy way of showing how mad you are because you're werent the first. Everyone has used this and will continue to use this. If you can make a strat that kills a 18hr+ fight and you do it in 2hrs is great appluase. But to think someone would get that upset becuase the failed in doing it isnt action to get a WHOLE ls suspended or banned because they used it. Im prolly restating the obvious but who ever made that post should just shut up and quit bit**ing.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2009-02-17 17:54:49
Link | Citer | R

just about everyone I know has logged to avoid dying or to erase some sort of hate... hmmm... maybe we should ban everyone... and while we are banning people for loggin, lets ban everyone that has ever dropped a glass in dynamis and came back in... or maybe ban people that run into besieged and die on purpose just to hp for free... the list can go on forever.

(this is sarcasim, if you can not tell)

anybody can inturpret something to become negative if they think about it enough. they still won, and congratulations to them.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-17 17:57:02
Link | Citer | R

Xarchangel said:
just about everyone I know has logged to avoid dying or to erase some sort of hate... hmmm... maybe we should ban everyone... and while we are banning people for loggin, lets ban everyone that has ever dropped a glass in dynamis and came back in... or maybe ban people that run into besieged and die on purpose just to hp for free... the list can go on forever.

(this is sarcasim, if you can not tell)

anybody can inturpret something to become negative if they think about it enough. they still won, and congratulations to them.

Don't give the OP another idea for a worthless thread!
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-02-17 17:57:32
Link | Citer | R

i think just logging out is fine. i am positive they watched and went over the logs of the fight just in case there was any wrong doing. as stated before anyone can log out, it's not like they were duplicating items. i'm glad someone beat him and i am happy they put some of their strategy up for others. be happy they told you what they did.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-17 18:09:40
Link | Citer | R

Kindle said:
a Red Mage (almost certainly a PLD/RDM, probably), casts Area of Effect Damage over Time spells to gain massive emnity on Pandemonium Warden and all the avatars in play.

MASSIVE "EMNITY" WITH DIAGA GOGO!!!
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-02-17 18:13:26
Link | Citer | R

They didn't keep killing PW a secret to themselves as they did let the whole world know, so you cannot say their intentions were malicious. :)

Ban these players: No
Suspend these players: No
Remove the items and EXP: Yes

If SE decide to ban/suspend said people, then i am equally guilty as charged as i have also logged off hate several times in my solo BLM days, and there is no difference between them and i.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-02-17 18:20:30
Link | Citer | R

If any of those 3 things happens, that would just be very pathetic on SE's part.
 Caitsith.Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2009-02-17 18:23:15
Link | Citer | R

Dirtyfinger said:
They didn't keep killing PW a secret to themselves as they did let the whole world know, so you cannot say their intentions were malicious. :)

Ban these players: No
Suspend these players: No
Remove the items and EXP: Yes

If SE decide to ban/suspend said people, then i am equally guilty as charged as i have also logged off hate several times in my solo BLM days, and there is no difference between them and i.

I dont think the items shouldnt be removed either. They're hard work should be payed for. A hard 2hr fight getting a great piece of armor and almost 3mil worth of drops isnt a meh thing.

Edit: I dont thinkg the items should be removed.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-02-17 18:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Yea it is a good point, they did win without really breaking the rules as such (Not read ToS in long time).

I was merely suggesting a worse case scenario.

But SE really need to get their ***together.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-17 18:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Dirtyfinger said:
But SE really need to get there ***together.

Why? What have they done? You're saying they need to get their ***together over a hypothetical scenario you just made up?
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-02-17 18:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Sort out and state the do's and don't of this game in more detail.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-17 18:31:05
Link | Citer | R

Should be clearer next time :)
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-02-17 18:32:51
Link | Citer | R

They do according to the US legal system.
 Caitsith.Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2009-02-17 18:33:20
Link | Citer | R

lol i hope nothing is done cause if something does happen then they need to do it to the greater population of the game. We all have done it and its greatly recommended for linking huge in dynamis
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-17 18:37:39
Link | Citer | R

They'll prolly just do something stupid like give PW a memory so you'd have to stay logged out for 30+ minutes before he forgets that he hates you, lol.
 Caitsith.Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2009-02-17 18:42:56
Link | Citer | R

lol i hope not that will conflict with his 2hr depop
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-17 19:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
If you managed to get everyone banned from Apathy because of this, then you will get everyone banned who had to sleep a mob or link, then /logout to erase hate.

Because by your definition of what Apathy did, those who had to sleep/logout so they wouldn't die and had to HP and lose all that exp did the exact same thing as Apathy. There is no difference between the two.

Thats exactly what come to my mind in the 1st second i read that 1st post, how much BLMs ES SleepgaII & Log off when they are soloing somes pets & link the Master mobs ? this happen 100 times a day on every servers, where is the violation in doing this ? all the time i linked a pet & his master mob on BLM while i was soloing i should have died to please "SE" what the *** is that ? lol
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-17 19:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Agreed with Cecil, just on a BLM case basis, soloing in Mount Zhao, aggroing a moth or linking another wammy, ES Sleega and gtfo. That this dupe brings it up against a PW fight while he himself has probably done it on many occassions simply to justify his jealousy is absurd.
 Asura.Yoshikii
Serveur: Asura
user: yoshikii
By Asura.Yoshikii 2009-02-17 19:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Cecilharvey said:
Thats exactly what come to my mind in the 1st second i read thiat 1st post, how much BLM ES SleepgaII & Log off when they are soloing somes pets & link the Master mobs ? where is the violation in doing this ? all the time i linked a pet & his master mob on BLM i should have died to please "SE" what the *** is that ? lol

BEST QUOTE!
 Siren.Bungie
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-02-17 19:15:59
Link | Citer | R

SE >> "I do what i waaaant"
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-17 19:21:16
Link | Citer | R

"I'm outta control! I do what I want! Whatever! Whatever!"
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-02-17 20:13:35
Link | Citer | R

Where as I don't agree anything should happen to Apathy for beating PW (props to them b/c hell i never even hurt the thing -.-) I do despise Apathy not just for being PW, but for many other things. They seem to have straightened up now but not to long ago they were the #1 fish/tele/claim/PL bot LS on Remora followed by Lovebanana So there will always be resentment from where i stand.
 Remora.Kindle
Serveur: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-17 20:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
Where as I don't agree anything should happen to Apathy for beating PW (props to them b/c hell i never even hurt the thing -.-) I do despise Apathy not just for being PW, but for many other things. They seem to have straightened up now but not to long ago they were the #1 fish/tele/claim/PL bot LS on Remora followed by Lovebanana So there will always be resentment from where i stand.

True that

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.