First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-11-29 13:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Here's my WS and TP sets lol

Looking for suggestions to make my nin a bit better. Mostly for abyssea.
Don't bother with the extremely obvious things, like Hauby +1, or AF3, I'mma work on those. LolOhat.

Gloves during night hours are Koga Tekko.

Also working 2 AGI Katanas.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-29 13:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Just a quick glance at TP set:

Bombcore and forager's mantle would be good when at capped accuracy.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-29 13:50:14
Link | Citer | R

That crit ammo, better belt for tp(Vbelt/Bullwhip), af+1 gloves for ws maybe?
That haste necklace aswell.
 Asura.Nightbear
Serveur: Asura
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2010-11-29 13:55:01
Link | Citer | R

The tp set its decent , aim for Iga+1/+2 eventually, DO NOT go for the haste neck piece, since you need other pieces to make it work killing really good stats, bomb core and foragers should be WS not for TP~

AGI katanas for solo situations only, if you need TP katanas go for DEX & STR, WS dmg % for main hand on situations.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-11-29 14:14:17
Link | Citer | R

I <3 the sTP katana. The +13 sTP takes off two hits (22 to 20) for 100%. Then, Chiv chain and Ec ring (2 sTP) takes off another (Or Fourth Mantle).
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-29 15:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nightbear said:
The tp set its decent , aim for Iga+1/+2 eventually, DO NOT go for the haste neck piece, since you need other pieces to make it work..

what?

Tiercel Necklace thingy is 1% haste and +5 Subtle blow.
No set crap >_>
You'r thinking about the haste+6 neck/waist/back set.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-11-29 15:37:42
Link | Citer | R

Yea was just looking at gear for moderately easy low man NMs in abyssea so was making 2 AGI katanas. I have VV and RR atmas as well.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-29 16:12:52
Link | Citer | R

So you want:

Sobek:
kamome(100% drop)
Key item are easy to obtain, bugard/sirrush force pop, the last Gukumatz is time pop, you can duo all of them with ease, for sobek you want to find a groupe.

Gangly Gean:
iga erimaki(trigger: Blue !! make it high chance drop)
3 less acc from peacock, but eva+7, critical hit damage make this piece really nice for TP, Gangly gean can be duo as nin with a good healer, solo as mage with mouvement speed

Raskovnik:
cavaros mantle(trigger: Blue !! make it high chance drop)
Enmity +5 is not bad to keep hate, if you have iga erimaki and the ammo that increase critical damage, not bad at all for tp pieces, i did the NM with my ls, but i think it can be doable at 2 ppl, nin + mages

Khalamari:
varangian helm(trigger: Blue !! make it high chance drop)
if you dont have any trouble with accuracy when weapon skill this helm is really good !, khalamari was my easier fight as nin solo, not even in full evasion, blind/slow/para/myoshin, yonin and it's enough.

As for others items, i dont know yet.

Ramuh.Aramachus
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-11-29 17:43:56
Link | Citer | R

If you want to max your damage output Id say put a heavy damage weapon in first priority. All other replacements are minor, sure you can replace some acc for att when acc is capped or give a minor increase to some stats like replacing fuma with af3+1 which will make the damage output better, but the gap from the old 75 standart senji/perdu to the new 85 is huge and will have the biggest effect. Kamome as Nexxus says, I dont have it but everyone seems to love it especially as you have razed ruins. Kannagi,tobi+1,att STR sekka+1, an uzura, depends on whats easier for you, either you have a big alliance that can easily kill a tough NM to give you one of the drop katanas, maybe plus the endurance to even build an empyrean or lesser empyrean or you might be solo or in lowman groups most of the time (guess not from the look at the items you have) and building a sekka/uzura is more fitting for you. Either way, Id go for new weapons.
(the two agi sekka I believe are for soloing/eva tanking? as the gear setups you show are not eva orientated I guess they are for events you come DD to therefore you will not want eva katanas when you can get +18 att +8 STR in each hand when taking a fire path sekka. Taking the eva sekkas to this set makes improving gear obsolete, the gear is already very good and its only minor increases here and there. why work on replaces for some att here some acc there when missing out full 36 att 16 STR without giving up other offensive stats because of the weapons)
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-29 19:00:33
Link | Citer | R

a note about Sobek pop item: Minax bugard is easy to solo, but in duo, he can be dangerous, he got a move that reset hate (and stun).
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2010-11-30 04:26:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
no just no, as you can see below the TP set i am working towords caps haste with out that stoopid neck

Here is what i am working to, these are a working progress
TP Hochomasamune Main hand

WS Day

WS Night
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 04:31:44
Link | Citer | R

Because everybody obviously have access to easy 3/3 af3+2.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-11-30 04:40:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
a note about Sobek pop item: Minax bugard is easy to solo, but in duo, he can be dangerous, he got a move that reset hate (and stun).

He's dangerous to solo because he can straight up death you and kill you. Same goes for duo.
 Asura.Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2010-11-30 04:40:47
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Nightbear said:
The tp set its decent , aim for Iga+1/+2 eventually, DO NOT go for the haste neck piece, since you need other pieces to make it work..
what? Tiercel Necklace thingy is 1% haste and +5 Subtle blow. No set crap >_> You'r thinking about the haste+6 neck/waist/back set.
Nope 1% haste = nothing vs 7acc & crit dmg~ NIN can cap haste w/o the neck piece. also >.> /points & NINlevel giggidy

edit: NIN have the most highest subtle blow already~ on top only job with merits for it, on top Yurin on top Myoshu~ why the need of 5 SB? pointless.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 04:41:01
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Lightvision said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
no just no, as you can see below the TP set i am working towords caps haste with out that stoopid neck

Except you're not capping Haste, though it'd still be useless for that set. If you're getting the full 1% from the neck, then there's no real better option.

Asura.Nightbear said:

Nope 1% haste = nothing vs 7acc & crit dmg

Wrong
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 04:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nightbear said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Nightbear said:
what? Tiercel Necklace thingy is 1% haste and +5 Subtle blow. No set crap >_> You'r thinking about the haste+6 neck/waist/back set.
Nope 1% haste = nothing vs 7acc & crit dmg~ NIN can cap haste w/o the neck piece. also >.> /points & NINlevel giggidy

Keep thinking that.
This is very situational now, I gotta admit that.. With attack speed having a cap, not just haste.
So depending on how much buffs you have etc, taking off dual wield/haste gear blabla is actually an option.
 Asura.Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2010-11-30 04:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Except you're not capping Haste, though it'd still be useless for that set. If you're getting the full 1% from the neck, then there's no real better option.
Asura.Nightbear said:
Wrong
^ wrong another sub job ninja~
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 04:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nightbear said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Nightbear said:
Wrong

Because none of us can possibly have another character with ninja on it, right?
And it's a MUST to have the job leveled to understand it?
My NIN is just 75, but yeah..
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-11-30 04:50:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nightbear said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Nightbear said:
Wrong

Too bad their nin is 69~
[+]
 Asura.Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2010-11-30 04:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Nightbear said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Nightbear said:
Wrong
Because none of us can possibly have another character with ninja on it, right? And it's a MUST to have the job leveled to understand it? My NIN is just 75, but yeah..
^
pretty much, NIN75 was diferent ball game from 85~ you could cap haste before @ 75 with shinobi ring a HP set, wasnt hard. with all the new gear JT's adjusments, its a diferent ball game period. and yes playing the job as main actually helps you. I cannot solo stuff on nin why? I never was fond of evasion ninjas, DPS or DD was my roll. so for TP your 1% neck pieces = nada.

Main =/= sub , 'cose I read a book about cooking dosn't make me a chef.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 04:57:00
Link | Citer | R

DDing works the same for all jobs, the game still have the same rules no matter which job you'r on.
Gearing NIN is no different than gearing other DDs.
And yes, I know NIN could cap haste at 75, when did I say it could'nt?
OP does NOT cap haste, I said something that would bring him closer to cap.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 04:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nightbear said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Nightbear said:
Wrong

No, simple math. That neck is .02 damage increase, even cavaros mantle (3%) is frowned upon in place of stuff like Forager's.

If your crit dmg from a melee hit is 130, this piece ups you to 133. IF you're getting the full 1% (read: not capped), and stacked with other Haste, the neck will up your damage and WS freq, the AF3 neck will not. Acc/attack are also pretty moot, accuracy is probably capped, and if it isn't, there's better options.

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Because none of us can possibly have another character with ninja on it, right?
And it's a MUST to have the job leveled to understand it?
My NIN is just 75, but yeah..

Didn't you know? The game formulae change across jobs! Haste makes MNKs faster, but NINs slower.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 05:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Didn't you know? The game formulae change across jobs! Haste makes MNKs faster, but NINs slower.

Oh yeah, I should've known that.. I've been doing it wrong all these years <_>
 Asura.Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2010-11-30 05:01:56
Link | Citer | R

Don't misslead ;o , he better off getting advise from ppl who actually plays the job as main , plain and simple ^.~
good night~

Original Posters: Looking for suggestions to make my nin a bit better. Mostly for abyssea

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 05:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nightbear said:
Don't misslead ;o , he better off getting advise from ppl who actually plays the job as main , plain and simple ^.~
good night~

Original Posters: Looking for suggestions to make my nin a bit better. Mostly for abyssea

Not with advice like that he isn't.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 05:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nightbear said:
good night~

Better off getting advise from people that understand the game :P
If the gear you have on your DRG is what you wear, he should not be listening to you >_>
[+]
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 07:43:21
Link | Citer | R

Between 1% haste and Acc/Eva+7 i choose Acc/eva+7 ... as for TP.
i'm missing some hit, 1% haste will make me miss more often where acc+7 less often, depending on mob~

Quote:

He's dangerous to solo because he can straight up death you and kill you. Same goes for duo.

Yeah got it in group, but in solo i never got killed, i solo'd it nearly 6~7 times, so it's must be rare.

Quote:

Here is what i am working to, these are a working progress
TP Hochomasamune Main hand

He asked for low man group.

----------
AF+2 legs can be easy, farming Cirein Croin pop item, and make a group for atma/lantern other AF item to kill cirein.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 07:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
Between 1% haste and Acc/Eva+7 i choose Acc/eva+7 ... as for TP.
i'm missing some hit, 1% haste will make me miss more often where acc+7 less often, depending on mob~

Erm no, if you're getting Haste buffs that 1% will go a much longer way thanks to increasing returns. If you do need accuracy there's better alternatives, PCC to name one. This is either an Eva build piece, or a max haste build piece ie: AF3+2.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 07:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Maths isnt the reality there, we're talking about solo/low man, where a nin is a tank, under yonin, you can get decent amount of evasion, with this neck, a better amount of evasion is not only depend on attack rate and DD, it's depend on tanking and try to get the next recast utsusemi at 0 before shadow are all wiped.

Peacock Charm is better on a real DD hands that dont care about tanking.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 07:59:45
Link | Citer | R

That's just what I said, it's for an Eva build, nothing more. You also said for TP this would beat Tiercel, which is incorrect unless you're already capping Haste.
First Page 2 3