Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Nin gear help ^^
Nin gear help ^^
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 08:09:34
Link | Citer | R

As for TP if you're tank, you dont care about only 1%, you prefer Acc/Eva, because you want to evade sometimes, you dont have double march/haste (even with, mobs double attack often in abyssea), you fight an high evasion NM/mob.

I tried the Tiercel Necklace, i tried also the Iga Erimaki...

Iga Erimaki, what ever say the maths, is the best.

Show the math that prove Tiercel > Iga

After that, show that maths with factor like: accuracy / mob accuracy / evasion / mob evasion / attack rate of mob (they often double attack in abyssea as for NM) / etc....

You just can't.

7 accuracy profit all your attack (with haste), haste+1% only profit attack rate (and recast, but you can just macro it while casting), if you was missing before tiercel, you'll still miss with, maybe not with iga.
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-11-30 08:21:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
As for TP if you're tank, you dont care about only 1%, you prefer Acc/Eva, because you want to evade sometimes, you dont have double march/haste (even with, mobs double attack often in abyssea), you fight an high evasion NM/mob.

After that, show that maths with factor like: accuracy / mob accuracy / evasion / mob evasion / attack rate of mob (they often double attack in abyssea as for NM) / etc....

You just can't.

7 accuracy profit all your attack (with haste), haste+1% only profit attack rate (and recast, but you can just macro it while casting), if you was missing before tiercel, you'll still miss with, maybe not with iga.

If you aren't capping acc at this point in the game, I have no idea what to tell you.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-30 08:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said:
If you aren't capping acc at this point in the game, I have no idea what to tell you.
Get on am bored.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 08:32:13
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:

You just can't.

What on earth?

Enemy accuracy and your evasion go hand in hand, enemy hit rate floors at 20%, but chances are, regardless of how much evasion you pump out vs a "high level NM" it won't do anything.

Your accuracy and enemy evasion are the same, like I said earlier, if you NEED accuracy (which really you shouldn't), then there's better options.

NIN holds hate through DMG, Tiercel will help this happen if you aren't capping Haste already. Unless you're going for a Eva build, or are already capping Haste, or NEED accuracy, Tiercel is the way to go.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 08:34:38
Link | Citer | R

As nin, with Iga Erimaki, i'm near the cap (if http://www.ffxicalculator.com/ is correct) without food and with cruor buff, no atma (i dont have yet RR).

I could use AFv2 body and lose 5% dual wield, or use iga neck and lose 1% haste, i think i'm better with AF1 body and iga.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-30 08:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
I could use AFv2 body and lose 5% dual wield, or use iga neck and lose 1% haste, i think i'm better with AF1 body and iga.

You're better with AF1 body and Tiercel.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 08:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Not with Yonin, what i use often, since i'm never a DD unless in a exp/merit party.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-30 08:51:01
Link | Citer | R

Why would you use AF2 body at all?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 08:55:28
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
Not with Yonin, what i use often, since i'm never a DD unless in a exp/merit party.

Tank =/= DD these days <_>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-30 08:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It makes excellent town gear! :D
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 09:02:26
Link | Citer | R

I think some ppl should lvl their nin and see theirself.

Quote:
Evasive mob mostly. tonberry are a pain to kill, Lieje, and the other NM also.

Quote:
Tank =/= DD these days <_>

to bad you're right, but under yonin with a non elitist group, i have no trouble to keep hate as nin what ever my sub is...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-30 09:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It makes excellent town gear! :D
Fair point, it does look quite nice.

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
Evasive mob mostly. tonberry are a pain to kill, Lieje, and the other NM also.
Juogi(+1)/Haub +1 or Usu/Antares/Scorpion Harness +1 if you need evasion while you're at it. No, you don't use AF2 body.

Quote:
to bad you're right, but under yonin with a non elitist group, i have no trouble to keep hate as nin what ever my sub is...
I doubt you'd have trouble keeping hate with Yonin off. Yeah the evasion may be a factor, but not every NM can be eva tanked.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-30 09:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
I think some ppl should lvl their nin and see theirself.

aren't you the guy who said you tested mkris and concluded that it gave you a lot of tp?
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 09:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it's all depending on what you are fighting. i use rarely AFv2 body but it's happend sometime, it's give an extra attack bonus and no malus, i wish i had Usu body, but i dont...

Quote:
If by group of non elitists you mean crappy DD's that can't get hate off a ninja without RR then I can actually believe this.

They are often yes.

Quote:
aren't you the guy who said you tested mkris and concluded that it gave you a lot of tp?

Yeah, tested it in campaign as /dnc before the lvl gap, what's the point?

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-30 09:17:32
Link | Citer | R

I think you missed something...

Quote:
Usu/Antares/Scorpion Harness +1
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-30 09:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:

Quote:

Yeah, tested it in campaign as /dnc before the lvl gap, what's the point?

not sure if troll....
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 09:24:11
Link | Citer | R

SH+1 i'm using it on my eva build, if i need accuracy i'm in eva build wile tanking, i keep the AFbody for innin (on mob like tonberry THF), i should have said it.

To go back on tiercel / iga
If the program FFXI calculator is right, +1% haste, give a faster attack rate by: 0.04s
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 09:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
SH+1 i'm using it on my eva build, if i need accuracy i'm in eva build wile tanking, i keep the AFbody for innin (on mob like tonberry THF), i should have said it.

To go back on tiercel / iga
If the program FFXI calculator is right, +1% haste, give a faster attack rate by: 0.04s

You're not factoring WS frequency, just -delay which is where you're going wrong.

No comments on AF2 stuff
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 09:30:13
Link | Citer | R

Unless your accuracy is REALLY bad, 1% haste is gonna give you more hits in the same time-span that 7 accuracy would.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 09:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Unless your accuracy is REALLY bad
Really it is, because i'm using yonin to often.
Quote:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur
I see what you mean, it's make almost 22~24 hit depending on katana you are wearing to get 100TP. So you gain 1s every 100TP with 1% haste (so if you do 30 WS you gained 30s and probably can deal 1 more WS if i'm right, i'm not sure). I see your point, i should have found this calculator before.
Let's see what give next update before spend 600k on this neck (or wait to do the bcnm...).(to bad got it when it was 40k, and my bro sold it when i left the game).
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 09:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
Quote:
Unless your accuracy is REALLY bad
Really it is, because i'm using yonin to often.

You dont eat pizza or something? If you do, your accuracy will/should never be THAT bad <_>
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 09:47:39
Link | Citer | R

yes i use food, not all the time, depending on mob, NM/Mega boss mostly (Except Colibri/Soulfayer, and others that steal food), if i miss often i use acc food. Once i get Razed Ruin i dont think acc will be a problem.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 09:50:24
Link | Citer | R

With Katana merits (Idk what NIN DEX is but I'm assuming 80) you're capping hit rate on regular xp mobs with Haidate/Rajas/Pizza+1 and 10 accuracy, that's with Yonin up (-30 acc). I fail to see the issue here.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-30 10:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Actually i'm TPing in:

Mozu DMG+8, i'm using also sekka+1 x2 evasion, and the Tsukumo is acc+6 Subtle blow+3 augment till i get Kamome.

Switching Koga Tekko +1 and Dusk Gloves depending on day.

Iota ring give me 4.5 acc, i dont have/cant afford Toreador yet.

I'm probably missing the bomb core, and quimirz, TP doesnt drop when switching right? (dont have the money for it yet, i could atleast farm the quimirz).

Katana not totally merit, i had to down some archery merit, i was 16/16 sword/archery.

6/8 for iga head (so more DEX incoming).
2/3 Key item (just need the lizard) for Sobek, Kamome soon.
My back isnt the best, but i came back month ago, and still missing some gear, just got sharpeye mantle for extra acc.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 10:11:23
Link | Citer | R

So you're at 94.6 without the neck piece, so 6 of that acc is going to waste, so it's not holding a candle to Tiercel (this is under Yonin with Pizza+1). I'd change up the back piece too, 3% Crit damage is pretty stale on it's own, can macro an enmity piece in for a volatile action like Provoke or whatever.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-30 10:13:45
Link | Citer | R

I just gotta ask, which mobs are you doing the maths for here? :P

Edit:

Greater colibris used to be the mob of choice @ 75, what's normal to check acc vs these days is what I ment*
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-30 10:16:47
Link | Citer | R

I don't know which mob is being used as standard (though all XP mobs have more or less the same attributes) but 407-ish? is the average for capping accuracy right now.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-11-30 10:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Get on am bored.

Just got back from class and the bloody update is going to take an hour.

Related: People are still talking to Nexxus?