Best Atmas For Monk?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Best atmas for Monk?
Best atmas for Monk?
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-12-24 06:27:03
Link | Citer | R

One I really really like is.
Atma of the Raized Ruins
Atma of the Sanguine Scythe
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 06:31:57
Link | Citer | R

SS only worth using if you have 3 atma and no AoA.

RR GH take up the first 2 slots. SS comes in as the third.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 06:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Aside from AoA, it sounds clear we're taking RR and GH, but as a third option how big of a difference are SS vs VV? Small difference that makes it more of a personal choice, or very noticeable difference in favour of one of the two? (presumably SS, I guess)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 06:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Not sure of the exact diff, so you'll have to check w/ Montonen. That being said, the 2/tic isn't a big deal because you won't be starting any major fights w/ a major ws. Always proc ***before doing dmg.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elitegamer
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Elitegamer 2010-12-31 00:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Roaring Laughter comes from what mob wiki has no info
please share where to get it
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 00:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Bunch of quests and ***from Ule range, buy from fabricant
 Hades.Caspin
Serveur: Hades
user: Caspin
By Hades.Caspin 2010-12-31 08:40:18
Link | Citer | R

wow what a stab in the dark....
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2011-01-02 01:02:00
Link | Citer | R

Now that Atma of the Apocalypse is out we should probably reconsider the winning atma combinations.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-01-02 01:13:23
Link | Citer | R

RR + Apoc + w/e else you think fits your style for w/e you are fighting. GH/SS/VV/A&O are roughly close(A&O higher with 10% proc rate) VV gets better with smite.
By Bigcucumber 2011-01-02 01:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Atma of Roaring Laughter : you need to finished quest Imperial Espionage 2 and Brothers in Arms at least
 Ramuh.Atoreis
user: Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-01-07 23:41:38
Link | Citer | R

SS lose a lot when you have +2 body and impetus up 60% of the time.
RR+apocalypse imo and now I am really wonder which would be better RL or GH. More counter and +40 STR or 20% crit rate (Its really hard to math this considering Impetus bonus).
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-08 01:34:54
Link | Citer | R

20% crit rate wins easy
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-08 01:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure GH gives more counter than RL so it boils down to +40 STR vs +20% crit rate.
[+]
 Asura.Olue
user: Olue
By Asura.Olue 2011-01-08 01:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Bigcucumber said:
Atma of Roaring Laughter : you need to finished quest Imperial Espionage 2 and Brothers in Arms at least

Not true. I think it's Imperial Espionage 2 and Boreal Blossom. I have the atma and I haven't even flagged Brothers in Arms.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-10 02:48:15
Link | Citer | R

For pure Damage With Victory Smite VV/RR/Apoc, For Pure damage with ascetics, I'd Probably have to say RR/GH/APOC Only because it's a 1-hit and if a crit doesnt happen, the ws WILL do shitty damage. GH and VV are very close in comparison, And SS as a third atma shudnt even be mentioned as Crit dmg Caps at 50%, and falls pretty far behind VV or GH. As for Alpha and Omega... It's a pretty easy decision, Losing HP isn't ever a good thing, even though gaining HP isn't too important on most fights, And you look at 5% triple attack vs 50 Att, SO yeah VV/RR/APOC For VS, And RR/GH/APOC For ascetics, In my opinion.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-10 03:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
because it's a 1-hit
Ehr wut? Am I missing something here?

AoA is a clear winner here, altough it makes me a bit sad inside.
I really love the RR/GH/VV combination. Was so cool, felt so "balanced" for all purposes, and say what you want but I really loved/needed the Regain, the few times I do stuff on MNK with my LS.
Even for soloing, really loved that! I used that combination on NIN/DNC as well.

But for pure DD, there's no comparison from what I've seen/read =/
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-01-10 03:27:53
Link | Citer | R

My personal favorite is RR/A&O/Apoc. Greater chance for consistently high damage ws and best of all, monk can do wat they do best, dish out some insane DoT. Other than blu spamming spells, i have not seen any other jobs kill as fast non-stop. downside to this is ruby lights, if you're trying to avoid it, as a lot of the times A fury will take 50-80% of a mob's life or just outright one shot it at times.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-10 03:33:46
Link | Citer | R

where Does 10% Triple attack And consistency Match? VV is Always 50 str, on every WS, everywhere, every time, AoA Isn't Consistentcy at all, it's spike damage with a higher increase in DOT. I have not tested to see if it'd beat VV, But im not sure if it'd be DA/Regain/Str+50
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-10 03:58:42
Link | Citer | R

For DDing use,
RR VV Apoc. Apoc is extremely potent from my personal experiance.

For Tanking
RR SS Stronghold.
Althought I've not really needed to tank much yet, we have a primary MNK tank in our LS. They don't need mine T.T
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-01-10 04:05:57
Link | Citer | R

i worded it wrong but i average 3-4k A fury and on occasions spike up to 6k+ if everything's perfect. solo mobs 20-30 secs pure melee/counter only and about 5-10 secs if i do WS, this is /nin while trying to avoid rubies.
as for the VV comparison, the 2 regain is pointless cuz i always have an abundance of TP; it's not that i cant spam ws, it's that i chose not to (eww ruby). and of course who'd chose DA over TA. so the only real advantage that VV have is the STR which i highly doubt that will out perform TA overall since TA gives a much bigger boost to DoT and WS when it procs (which is noticeably often).
that said, i haven't done a formal test so i'm only speaking from my own personal impressions and so could be wrong.
 Valefor.Synched
Serveur: Valefor
user: jedijoel
By Valefor.Synched 2011-01-10 04:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Tanking without GH is pretty big fail for me. Dunno why you're gonna tank without it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-01-10 04:26:16
Link | Citer | R

GH is not needed, if you have a half decent WHM you can tank in all DD atmas if u wanted, hell, i tank alot of NMs with A&O on and i'm a taru. but some NMs, and the quality of your healer/group as well as your goal, calls for different atmas.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-10 04:28:12
Link | Citer | R

I use GH over VV In times that i need the AGI So NMS Don't Spam Tp attacks on me, as for what you said About regain being useless, Not everyone sits there fighting exp mobs all day for (Eww ruby)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-10 05:48:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
i worded it wrong but i average 3-4k A fury and on occasions spike up to 6k+ if everything's perfect.

You don't average 3-4k, sorry(unless you're fighthing ***that takes extra dmg). That's a pretty bad eyeballing job you're doing there.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-10 06:03:04
Link | Citer | R

I use RR/SS/AOA and see 3-5k AF quiet often.

Honestly, I know im prob not getting the full buff of the crit dmg but having spamed that damn scorp in altepa (and still doing it) the extra HP sure is nice to survive hell scissors when it goes through.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-10 06:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
I use RR/SS/AOA and see 3-5k AF quiet often.

Honestly, I know im prob not getting the full buff of the crit dmg but having spamed that damn scorp in altepa (and still doing it) the extra HP sure is nice to survive hell scissors when it goes through.
If it's anything like the scorp in Tahrongi, hell scissors has a long enough charge up time to where you can simply out of range it by running if you start when he starts.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-10 06:08:00
Link | Citer | R

I thought you did Scorp for +2 body?

No, it cats ga spell and then uses Hell Scissors. If you miss ga (usually bind) you wont be able to out run it, ive tired it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-10 06:11:20
Link | Citer | R

I got 4 cards between scorp and bennu, prolly 2 from each so didn't fight the scorp more than once or twice, rest came from Alfard.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-10 06:16:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Synched said:
Tanking without GH is pretty big fail for me. Dunno why you're gonna tank without it.
idk used to use RR/GH/SS but prefer RR/SS/AoA now
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-10 10:02:41
Link | Citer | R

SS is a waste rly, ESPECIALLY if you have af3 body. Augment on impetus is 1% crit dmg per hit, and crit dmg caps at 50%, which you'd be reaching w/ SS