Apoc Dead?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Apoc dead?
Apoc dead?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-05 13:27:04
Link | Citer | R

I took it out because you don't have a relic so you argument is still valid so it doesn't really matter if you have a 5-6% haste belt.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-10-05 13:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Solanis said:

drk can't cap gear haste currently without a 6% haste belt, and even then it's with some serious sacrifices. how are you struggling with such basic, fundamental concepts?

Well, see, I wasn't questioning this part of your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement:

Leviathan.Solanis said:

you have a relic for a job that's already gear-haste defficient

(awesome spelling of "deficient", by the way)

Rather, I WAS questioning THIS part of your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement:

Leviathan.Solanis said:

you don't have a vbelt/speed belt/nsash/goading belt? that seems really disrespectful, and bizarre

If you find how a player equips his/her character "respectful" or "disrespectful", then you either have vocabulary issues, are high on drugs, or you're WAY too into FFXI for your health.

Regardless, you fail. Have a nice day.

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-05 13:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Calling someone else fail while using askar head and perle gloves on SAM.

What is this I dont even....
[+]
 Siren.Maximillion
Serveur: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-10-05 13:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:

drk can't cap gear haste currently without a 6% haste belt, and even then it's with some serious sacrifices. how are you struggling with such basic, fundamental concepts?

Well, see, I wasn't questioning this part of your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement:

Leviathan.Solanis said:

you have a relic for a job that's already gear-haste defficient

(awesome spelling of "deficient", by the way)

Rather, I WAS questioning THIS part of your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement:

Leviathan.Solanis said:

you don't have a vbelt/speed belt/nsash/goading belt? that seems really disrespectful, and bizarre

If you find how a player equips his/her character "respectful" or "disrespectful", then you either have vocabulary issues, are high on drugs, or you're WAY too into FFXI for your health.

Regardless, you fail. Have a nice day.

lol, what a dipshit. You are seriously going to call out a person on his spelling mistakes and then just outright say he's high on drugs and pretty much end up judging him when all he did was give his opinion. You sir/ma'am, can *** yourself with a crackwhore's ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-05 13:53:05
Link | Citer | R

Elanabelle believes you can make any retard and/or stupid comment you want and still be considered intelligent as long as you spell correctly and have proper grammar.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-10-05 13:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Would be happy to outparse your SAM any day, Kimble, if that's how you wanna roll.

Also, spelling and grammar >> you.
[+]
 Siren.Maximillion
Serveur: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-10-05 13:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Would be happy to outparse your SAM any day, Kimble, if that's how you wanna roll.

Shut the *** up already.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mikeh
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2010-10-05 14:01:35
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-05 14:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm

My TP:

Vs yours:

My WS:

Vs yours:

Pretty sure you aren't going to be winning anything :P

Thats STP GKT btw.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-05 16:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Would be happy to outparse your SAM any day, Kimble, if that's how you wanna roll. Also, spelling and grammar >> you.
Hmmm My TP: Vs yours: My WS: Vs yours: Pretty sure you aren't going to be winning anything :P Thats STP GKT btw.
I lol'd
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 16:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Solanis said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I want to know, how is not having a 6% haste belt disrespectful?
it's disrespectful because you're not taking the investment from others (even if it was entirely self-funded, which it sounds like it wasn't, you still need help to get papers etc) and doing your absolute best to bring out the max potential of it. excel understands where I'm coming from, why don't you? if you entirely self-funded your relic, and bought the papers from dynamis shells, then I guess I apoligize, you have every right to be as gimp as you want in that case... but this isn't his general stance on stuff judging from his other posts, which is why I said something. it sounds like he understands it's gimp and he should be looking for a better solution, the rest of you are freaking out and defending what is clearly and obviously a gimp choice, and even admitted by the guy himself. I'm sure he knows and understands that even if he wants to discount any situations in which aftermath won't be up, it's really bad to not have it for pld or any other melee jobs he might have, or rdm. I didn't snap at him any further because I understand what he's doing and I'm doing it myself for my own (non-relic lol) drk. ...eh *** it, I'm talking to a wall.

The comment was directed at me, and I'm not offended. I don't see why anyone else should be. Indeed a relic owner should care a lot about his gear, more importantly the relic should be an asset to the linkshell. Gear is contributes to that effect, and only an idiot would say that gear is inconsequiential. However, maximizing the gear you have at your disposal is more important. I think I do that, along with years of experience and understanding. I think a lot of relic owners dont research, they dont "understand" the finer concepts. While this game is not hard, just like any hobby there are refined and defined norms for optimal performance. Think about it like chess, sure there are thousands of openings, series of lines of captures, however, understanding what each of those things does and why is the KEY to being a master at chess. Anyways, I think I've gone off on a tangent.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-05 17:49:19
Link | Citer | R

Ironic.
In general, I find Excelior's commentary to be dimwitted and nonsensical.
If you want to talk about "*** nonsense", then suggesting that a Scythe with 130 base DMG and accuracy +30 is "dead" or "nothing special" ... that's "*** nonsense". Dumb-***.

Yeah, yeah. Blow me. I'm working on a number of upgrades to this set currently. ***takes time. It's still a quality SAM setup as is. Even if it wasn't, that doesn't "disqualify" my opinions on this topic.

I'll be sure to file your overly judgmental commentary under the "douchebag" folder.
Turban does not take time. Nor does a 6-hit. You do not have a place in this discussion.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 17:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ironic. In general, I find Excelior's commentary to be dimwitted and nonsensical. If you want to talk about "*** nonsense", then suggesting that a Scythe with 130 base DMG and accuracy +30 is "dead" or "nothing special" ... that's "*** nonsense". Dumb-***. Yeah, yeah. Blow me. I'm working on a number of upgrades to this set currently. ***takes time. It's still a quality SAM setup as is. Even if it wasn't, that doesn't "disqualify" my opinions on this topic. I'll be sure to file your overly judgmental commentary under the "douchebag" folder.
Turban does not take time. Nor does a 6-hit. You do not have a place in this discussion.

Lets be realistic here. Certainly Askar head and pearl hands are not the optimal choice for each of those slots. However, the difference between Dusk/perle and askar/turban is minimal except for at very high values of haste. I would say the fact he uses harder to obtain gear in place of easier to obtain better gear would signify that he is missinformed. However, missinformed does not imply total ignorance. We are all here seeking and discussing the topic in search of furtherence of our own knowledge. I would not discredit him based on his lack thereof.

Now if you want to attack him based on his attitude that's another subject entirely. I think Elanabelle is just an opinionated person, and he is certainly entitled to that opinion.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-05 18:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ironic. In general, I find Excelior's commentary to be dimwitted and nonsensical. If you want to talk about "*** nonsense", then suggesting that a Scythe with 130 base DMG and accuracy +30 is "dead" or "nothing special" ... that's "*** nonsense". Dumb-***. Yeah, yeah. Blow me. I'm working on a number of upgrades to this set currently. ***takes time. It's still a quality SAM setup as is. Even if it wasn't, that doesn't "disqualify" my opinions on this topic. I'll be sure to file your overly judgmental commentary under the "douchebag" folder.

Lets be realistic here. Certainly Askar head and pearl hands are not the optimal choice for each of those slots. However, the difference between Dusk/perle and askar/turban is minimal except for at very high values of haste. I would say the fact he uses harder to obtain gear in place of easier to obtain better gear would signify that he is missinformed. However, missinformed does not imply total ignorance. We are all here seeking and discussing the topic in search of furtherence of our own knowledge. I would not discredit him based on his lack thereof.

Now if you want to attack him based on his attitude that's another subject entirely. I think Elanabelle is just an opinionated person, and he is certainly entitled to that opinion.

You Sir should win a peace award
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-05 18:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

If this was two or so years ago when we finally established Turban's superiority I'd agree with you, but it's common knowledge at this point that Askar is inferior. Any forum regular who uses Askar Zucchetto over Walahra Turban is engaging in willing ignorance. That's not my cup of tea, never has been, never will be. When you walk into a high-level discussion wearing Askar head in an uncapped gear haste set, you're walking into a situation that is out of your league. Doubly so when the extent of your contribution is "no" with no support for your position whatsoever.

I let Perle Moufles slide. It's closer; still not a great idea but the -movement on Dusk is a hassle sometimes so I won't fight it.

There's no excuse for the lack of a 6-hit regardless. Ecphoria Ring costs what, 20k? Elenabelle would have been far better off not posting unless they had a question or, I dunno, a useful statement, rather than contributing less than nothing to the discussion.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 18:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Lets be realistic here. Certainly Askar head and pearl hands are not the optimal choice for each of those slots. However, the difference between Dusk/perle and askar/turban is minimal except for at very high values of haste. I would say the fact he uses harder to obtain gear in place of easier to obtain better gear would signify that he is missinformed. However, missinformed does not imply total ignorance. We are all here seeking and discussing the topic in search of furtherence of our own knowledge. I would not discredit him based on his lack thereof. Now if you want to attack him based on his attitude that's another subject entirely. I think Elanabelle is just an opinionated person, and he is certainly entitled to that opinion.
If this was two or so years ago when we finally established Turban's superiority I'd agree with you, but it's common knowledge at this point that Askar is inferior. Any forum regular who uses Askar Zucchetto over Walahra Turban is engaging in willing ignorance. That's not my cup of tea, never has been, never will be. When you walk into a high-level discussion wearing Askar head in an uncapped gear haste set, you're walking into a situation that is out of your league. Doubly so when the extent of your contribution is "no" with no support for your position whatsoever. I let Perle Moufles slide. It's closer; still not a great idea but the -movement on Dusk is a hassle sometimes so I won't fight it. There's no excuse for the lack of a 6-hit regardless. Ecphoria Ring costs what, 20k? Elenabelle would have been far better off not posting unless they had a question so that they could learn rather than contributing less than nothing to the discussion.

That's a valid point.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-10-05 18:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Maximillion said:

Shut the *** up already.

This ^ & good luck...
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-10-05 18:29:07
Link | Citer | R

Excel is a really good player from what i can remember of his PLD, I am more then confident he plays Apoc DRK well then 90% of owners and definitely works with the gear he has and brings it to its fullest potential. Its better then someone who has all the gear and uses ***like askar head and perle hands :p
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 18:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Excel is a really good player from what i can remember of his PLD, I am more then confident he plays Apoc DRK well then 90% of owners and definitely works with the gear he has and brings it to its fullest potential. Its better then someone who has all the gear and uses ***like askar head and perle hands :p

That's very sweet of you.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-05 22:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

If this was two or so years ago when we finally established Turban's superiority I'd agree with you, but it's common knowledge at this point that Askar is inferior. Any forum regular who uses Askar Zucchetto over Walahra Turban is engaging in willing ignorance. That's not my cup of tea, never has been, never will be. When you walk into a high-level discussion wearing Askar head in an uncapped gear haste set, you're walking into a situation that is out of your league. Doubly so when the extent of your contribution is "no" with no support for your position whatsoever.

I let Perle Moufles slide. It's closer; still not a great idea but the -movement on Dusk is a hassle sometimes so I won't fight it.

There's no excuse for the lack of a 6-hit regardless. Ecphoria Ring costs what, 20k? Elenabelle would have been far better off not posting unless they had a question or, I dunno, a useful statement, rather than contributing less than nothing to the discussion.

i love you
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-05 22:30:13
Link | Citer | R

Wow, I just now realized he doesnt even have a 6 hit on his SAM.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-10-05 22:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Wow, I just now realized he doesnt even have a 6 hit on his SAM.
He can triple attack though
[+]
 Asura.Andradi
Serveur: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-10-05 23:00:07
Link | Citer | R

I think he actually does, the store TP on the AF+1 legs puts him at exactly 100TP.

Just sayin'.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-05 23:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Andradi said:
I think he actually does, the store TP on the AF+1 legs puts him at exactly 100TP. Just sayin'.
he's 1 store tp short
so he's 7hit build
assuming he's 5/5 store tp merits
 Asura.Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-10-05 23:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Asura.Andradi said:
I think he actually does, the store TP on the AF+1 legs puts him at exactly 100TP. Just sayin'.
he's 1 store tp short
so he's 7hit build

16.6 (TP build) * 5 = 83 + 17.1 (WS build) = 100.1 TP

It's a 6 hit.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-05 23:08:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Andradi said:
he's 1 store tp short
so he's 7hit build

1.45*11.5 = 16.6 (TP set)
16.6*5=83
1.49*11.5 = 17.1
83+17.1 = 100.1

6 hit. Unless I counted wrong but I don't think I did.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-05 23:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Asura.Andradi said:
he's 1 store tp short so he's 7hit build assuming he's 5/5 store tp merits
1.45*11.5 = 16.6 (TP set) 16.6*5=83 1.49*11.5 = 17.1 83+17.1 = 100.1 6 hit. Unless I counted wrong but I don't think I did.
you counting his WS build or his TP build?
 Asura.Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-10-05 23:23:46
Link | Citer | R

You count both, it's quite a nifty way to x-hit.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-05 23:25:37
Link | Citer | R

i don't follow
so you do 5 hits in TP build
then swap to WS build, hit once, then ws?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-05 23:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Andradi said:
You count both, it's quite a nifty way to x-hit.
Nifty, but less effective. ~4.94% of the time that's still a 7-hit build. Would be better off TPing in Ecphoria.

Good catch though.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9