Xbox 360, Is It Done?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Xbox 360, Is it done?
Xbox 360, Is it done?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-16 09:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Fable 3,naruto shippuden ultimate ninja 2, black ops, fall out vegas,the force 2, castelvania,vanquies all this game coming out in less than 1-2 months... yeah is pretty much death.

P.s.
Xbox has more exclusive and more games... go read stuffs online before talking.
Okay so get a 360 if you prefer quantity over quality. Personally I'd like to have a few great exclusives rather then a bunch of mediocre ones, or even ones that are bordering on copying other games, just a bit different for the sake of being able to claim it being exclusive.
 Gilgamesh.Dominico
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Dominico 2010-09-16 09:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Fable 3,naruto shippuden ultimate ninja 2, black ops, fall out vegas,the force 2, castelvania,vanquies all this game coming out in less than 1-2 months... yeah is pretty much death.

P.s.
Um.... all of those except for Fable are going to be on PS3 too. But, I'll fire back with some upcoming PS3 exclusives just for fun: Gran Turismo 5, Last Guardian, Infamous 2, LBP2, Team ICO Collection, Resistance 3, Killzone 3.

Personally, I feel that the PS3 is the superior machine. At one point I owned all 3 current gen systems, having picked up the 360 first. While I was happy with it for a long time (mostly due to friends), there really weren't any console-exclusives coming that got my attention. Everyone was saying "REACH REACH REACH", but have any of you played Halo online? It's the most annoying damn game on the planet due to all the little dumbasses running around. Sure, COD has its fair share, but Halo will always be the king of stupidity. Since I didn't care too much about Gears and Fable, I sold the 360. The Wii had just been collecting dust for 2 years, so I sold that too and just stayed with a PS3. So far I've been happy with just the PS3. It has a good amount of exclusives coming up, and most of my friends are ditching the 360 and getting PS3s, so that makes everything easier.

As for "games on 360 and PS3 look the same", thats because most multi-console games are designed with the 360 in mind. If you look at the graphics for PS3 exclusives (GOW3, Heavy Rain, etc) they blow everything away. Aside from all that, having all games come on one disc is very convenient. Not just RPGs, either, since for some reason the 360 version of Castlevania is going to be on 2 discs. And ontop of all that, Bluray discs are very scratch resistant while DVDs aren't. This helps alot for people who buy used games alot, since it almost guarantees PS3 games will come in good shape.
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-16 10:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Dominico said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

P.s.
Um.... all of those except for Fable are going to be on PS3 too. But, I'll fire back with some upcoming PS3 exclusives just for fun: Gran Turismo 5, Last Guardian, Infamous 2, LBP2, Team ICO Collection, Resistance 3, Killzone 3.

Personally, I feel that the PS3 is the superior machine. At one point I owned all 3 current gen systems, having picked up the 360 first. While I was happy with it for a long time (mostly due to friends), there really weren't any console-exclusives coming that got my attention. Everyone was saying "REACH REACH REACH", but have any of you played Halo online? It's the most annoying damn game on the planet due to all the little dumbasses running around. Sure, COD has its fair share, but Halo will always be the king of stupidity. Since I didn't care too much about Gears and Fable, I sold the 360. The Wii had just been collecting dust for 2 years, so I sold that too and just stayed with a PS3. So far I've been happy with just the PS3. It has a good amount of exclusives coming up, and most of my friends are ditching the 360 and getting PS3s, so that makes everything easier.

As for "games on 360 and PS3 look the same", thats because most multi-console games are designed with the 360 in mind. If you look at the graphics for PS3 exclusives (GOW3, Heavy Rain, etc) they blow everything away. Aside from all that, having all games come on one disc is very convenient. Not just RPGs, either, since for some reason the 360 version of Castlevania is going to be on 2 discs. And ontop of all that, Bluray discs are very scratch resistant while DVDs aren't. This helps alot for people who buy used games alot, since it almost guarantees PS3 games will come in good shape.

Until Sony agree to blocking online game play for USED games, which they are so close too. Then 10.00 extra to play online, Fun!

Eitherway, I wish game companies will stop dilly-dallying about what console to support.
By Dominico912 2010-09-16 10:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Until Sony agree to blocking online game play for USED games, which they are so close too. Then 10.00 extra to play online, Fun!

Eitherway, I wish game companies will stop dilly-dallying about what console to support.

Actually, thats not Sony (or Microsoft for that matter), thats the game publishers that are making that happen. EA Games is close to doing it, and other money-grubbing companies like Activision will probably follow.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-09-16 10:18:07
Link | Citer | R

One of the reasons I bought a 360 was its price-point, I could handle a $300 investment over the price of the PS3 ($500 are you kidding me? <.<) I play Halo on there as well (used to suck at it, but much better now), while my brother-in-law has a PS3. As far as I know, most people perfer to play the sport games (Madden etc.) on 360, is it just a coincidence? Don't get me wrong, I owned a PS2 (still do, collects dust in my bedroom) and my Wii collects dust for the most part as well (rarely have money to buy games...). Think the last game I went and bought was FF13 and I still haven't finished through that (blame school for that one). While I know many people qq about OMG M$ only has Halo, everything else is crap, aside from a couple of games, the PS3 isn't all that much better, and a lot of their games have been slow to release as well. Yes, the 360 has been out for 5 years now, and it is probably going to be 'setting into the sun' soon, Halo & Kinect are probably some of the bigger efforts that they have left on the system atm, and imho, XBL >>>> PSN, even if you're having to pay for it. And PSN doing that whole + deal, they're just copying MS since they know they make a killing on it. Yes, while PSN will allow you to still play games for free and what not (MS has that too, its called XBL Silver, though it doesn't have the Gold-exclusive content), I have a feeling Sony will back-stab and start making more of the newer content and demos exclusive to people using +. So Sony owners, have fun with that :D
 Alexander.Gib
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-09-16 10:24:06
Link | Citer | R

ahh Console Fanboys, it's so cute how defensive they get cause their mommys could only buy them one system so they blindly defend it. Video games, serious business. I mean christ you're still poking fun at the ORIGINAL XBox's size? *rollseyes*

Also the OP's Avatar makes the irony so much better.

Real gamers have and enjoy games on all systems, your stupid bias is making you miss out on great games.

anywhooo, XBox is talking about Kenetic cause they're sinking a lot of money into it and not making a lolwiimote clone they want it to be successful, you know it is coming out in a few months.

Also, for the non D-bags, if you've been buying Xbox live subscriptions directly from the XBox, you're doing it wrong. Amazon.com and Buy.com constantly have sales on XBLive. Usually every 2-3 months you can get a Tax and Shipping free 12 month card for 30ish bucks
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-09-16 10:32:04
Link | Citer | R

got my card for XBL back in Februrary (13 month card) for $35, which was really worth it. I do need to get back to Borderlands and buy the add-ons for that (at least the last one) as well as finishing XIV
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 10:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Agreed, console fanboyism is one of the problems killing the industry.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-16 10:34:29
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Dominico said:
Everyone was saying "REACH REACH REACH", but have any of you played Halo online? It's the most annoying damn game on the planet due to all the little dumbasses running around. Sure, COD has its fair share, but Halo will always be the king of stupidity.
There is a mute option for a reason. Are you really going to trash the game simply because people who play it are annoying? Thats just lol.

That makes you no better than saying "I hate FFXI they're all elitists!"
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-16 10:37:44
Link | Citer | R

All games on XBL are full of children (ironically all the ones rated M). I just prefer it over Playstation Online since it's generally smoother and has a larger playerbase. Monthly fee...big whoop. One less large #10 from McDonalds a month.
 Asura.Poupee
Serveur: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-09-16 10:38:10
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:
Everyone was saying "REACH REACH REACH", but have any of you played Halo online? It's the most annoying damn game on the planet due to all the little dumbasses running around. Sure, COD has its fair share, but Halo will always be the king of stupidity.
There is a mute option for a reason. Are you really going to trash the game simply because people who play it are annoying? Thats just lol.

Alexander.Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-09-16 10:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:

yeah I love people that can't grasp the mute feature, hell it's even super easy in Halo. You Press and hold *back* select the name, press A Twice, boom, done. Two whole seconds of work and you never have to be arsed with that person again. Or how about *gasp* don't play with the headset? But no it's easy easier to complain on the internet.

Also for the record, I've had to mute wwwaaaayyyyy more people in CoD4 then I've ever had to in Halo
 Gilgamesh.Dominico
By Gilgamesh.Dominico 2010-09-16 10:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:

I don't mean just what they're saying, I mean the way the actually play. Kinda hard to explain it, but ***like quitting out early, camping, boosting....all that is rampant in Halo. And when I say "little dumbasses" i don't mean children. Hell, you could be 40 years old and still qualify as a little dumbass.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-16 10:42:33
Link | Citer | R

Friends and I usually just create an XBL party chat while playing games and only enter playlists that allow it (I hate how you can't in Team Deathmatch for MW2...). All people do is whine and *** all the time; just easier to make a perma-mutega
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-16 10:44:04
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Dominico said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:

I don't mean just what they're saying, I mean the way the actually play. Kinda hard to explain it, but ***like quitting out early, camping, boosting....all that is rampant in Halo. And when I say "little dumbasses" i don't mean children. Hell, you could be 40 years old and still qualify as a little dumbass.
If you suck at Halo its ok. You can just admit it. I used to be pretty good when Halo 2 was out, but I don't play as much anymore and I find that people who are way better than me annoying too.

With every game, there will always be people who quit, camp, and take advantage of the leveling system (boosting). Don't single Halo out simply because it was (is?) the most popular online shooter for 360.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-16 10:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Dominico said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:

This is ridiculously common in CoD, except dropping out doesn't really effect the team since people can join in any time. Camping is FAR more common in MW2, since we can choose camping weapons and have lolheartbeat sensors.
 Alexander.Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-09-16 10:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
All games on XBL are full of children (ironically all the ones rated M). I just prefer it over Playstation Online since it's generally smoother and has a larger playerbase. Monthly fee...big whoop. One less large #10 from McDonalds a month.
The biggest thing PSN has going for it is that Headset not being standard, lol. Oh yeah, and Twisted Metal, thats gonna be awwwweeessoommeeeee *swoons*

I waited like 4 E3s for that god damned game to be announced :P
 Alexander.Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-09-16 10:47:48
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Dominico said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:

lol, whut?

in your statement you can replace the word 'Halo' with any remotely popular FPS and it will be true.

Hell even the amount of 'boosting' going on in Resistance 2 when it first came out was Lulz worthy
 Gilgamesh.Dominico
By Gilgamesh.Dominico 2010-09-16 10:48:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:

This is ridiculously common in CoD, except dropping out doesn't really effect the team since people can join in any time. Camping is FAR more common in MW2, since we can choose camping weapons and have lolheartbeat sensors.

Well, yea, but the point I was trying to make was that alot of people were trying to use Reach as a selling point for the 360, when it simply didn't appeal to ME. Like I said before, Halo wasn't enough reason for me to keep the 360, doesn't mean that other people can't like it. Besides, the online was my own personal experience with it, other people probably didn't run into as much crap as I did. And as for COD, it looks like Black Ops is addressing alot of the issues people had with MW2, so lets see if that turns out better.
By Dominico912 2010-09-16 11:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Dominico said:

If you suck at Halo its ok. You can just admit it. I used to be pretty good when Halo 2 was out, but I don't play as much anymore and I find that people who are way better than me annoying too.

With every game, there will always be people who quit, camp, and take advantage of the leveling system (boosting). Don't single Halo out simply because it was (is?) the most popular online shooter for 360.

Yea, I haven't played Halo since a few months after Halo 3 was released, so I'm probably pretty terrible at it now.
 Gilgamesh.Dominico
By Gilgamesh.Dominico 2010-09-16 11:04:06
Link | Citer | R

Dammit I forgot to set my server/icon to default. Why can't you delete posts that you posted as your FFXIAH ID >.<
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-16 11:04:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm horrible at Halo now. Not even bothering with Reach. After playing CoD4, MW2, and various Battlefield games - I found shields the bane of my existence, lol.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-16 11:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I'm horrible at Halo now. Not even bothering with Reach. After playing CoD4, MW2, and various Battlefield games - I found shields the bane of my existence, lol.
I've liked the SWAT gametype since it was introduced (no shields, headshot = kill) myself. I haven't really played Reach online yet. What I think will be awesome about it is the Firefight (introduced in ODST) matchmaking. Just swarms of covenant to demolish with a teammate.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-16 11:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I only played SWAT once it was introduced. I got to Lv48 pretty fast, then all the good people started to appear, so I would sit at 48 since lady luck generally wasn't on my side.
 Bismarck.Yuenna
Serveur: Bismarck
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2010-09-16 11:32:33
Link | Citer | R

I own both the 360 and the PS3 and when a game i want is mulitplatorm
i just do a little reasearch on the game. If it was designed for the 360 in mind and then ported to the PS3 i get it on the 360. If it was desinged for the PS3 n then ported for 360 use (aka FF13, Dante's Inferno,Castlevania) I get the PS3 version.. Its good to have both systems now a days you can have both consoles exclusive games. And then get the other games on the console it was made for and have the best looking version. Its not about what is better over what.. The days of fanboydom are becoming a thing of the past. Most people have multiple systems now days. Just buy the games for the system they were ment for and have the best gaming experience you can get. Both companies have thier major issues and will continue to do so. And both are trying to cash in on the casual wii market with thier gimick motion controllers n games. Just sit back and play the games you like and enjoy them. Compition is good for the industry. If we only had one company making consoles. Then you would not have anything new and exciting each console generation it would just become stagnent
 Diabolos.Trangnai
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-09-16 11:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
PS3 Exclusives:

Heavy Rain is a 75 Dollar slightly interactive film, that would look out of place in a B-movie bargain bin. *** that game.

Demon's Souls is overrated fluff. It's not bad, but it's hardly a console seller.

Metal Gear Solid 4 sucks, get over yourselves. It's overwritten, poorly designed and convoluted as ***.

Little Big Planet. People stopped caring a week after it was launched, because of the sad realization that for every great level a user would make, there's 450,000 ***-filled levels or Mario Ripoffs. I admire the tools they made, but it comes off as lazy, when you sell a game based on users generating the content.

Anyway, the Xbox360 is for people who can't afford a decent PC. I mean, they're both Microsoft Platforms... How can you really draw a line? Also, the Controller for the PS3 sucks soooo bad. It's designed for tiny Asian hands, but being a neither Female, nor Asian, I come equipped with large Skull-smashers, and the PS3 (And PS1-2) Controllers have always been a pain to deal with. Also, any game where you fire a gun, will always feel more natural on the Xbox Pad, for obvious reasons.

As for cross-platform games (Xbox 360, PS3), The PS3's Hardware is no guarantee that it will perform better. Fallout 3 actually looks and plays much better on the Xbox360, because the code is optimized much better, the color depth on the PS3 version is terrible.

Sooooo.

After all that, I will say you're right.

If you have a great PC, and some cash to burn, PS3 is a better choice, because Xbox360, and PC, being both Microsoft platforms, are going to share almost their entire library of games. PS3.

The Last Guardian will probably be reason enough to buy a PS3 though, if it's even half as good as Shadow of the Colossus.

No lie, this message made me rage. Assuming PC gaming needs windows and hence Microsoft really upsets me. PC isnt a Microsoft platform and will never be. even thought most people use windows dosent mean that other OSes can't play games. I can run most games and Applications on Linux fine. (if not there is a good alliterative, plus why would i use wine for anything but gaming).
 Lakshmi.Kittykite
user: Kittykite
By Lakshmi.Kittykite 2010-09-16 16:45:07
Link | Citer | R

i have a PS3 and an xbox and a wii but the family stole it >.>
but i mainly play xbox because it has all the games i WANT to play...
while my PS3 just sorta collects dust cause i only got 1 game i play a lot on it :( and i never have anyone to play games with so im on FFXI all the time :D
 Sylph.Vestal
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-09-16 17:09:35
Link | Citer | R

I have a ps3 for one reason..... Little big planet!
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2010-09-16 17:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Ok before u post note that your a PS3 fanboy who doesnt need to reply to this thread at all and 2 you need to stop being biast because 360 has alot more exclusives than 360 saying this PS3 isnt bad at all neither is 360 most of the facts are actually opinions no facts at all about gaming period all a matter of opinion Halo Reach Black ops 14 both systems Then God of war Killzone so no the 360 isnt dead and yes Kinect ***is lame no one is going to buy it but it isnt a desperate move and for the people who own 360 its a shooter console so dont base it off Rpgs like Lost odyssey or Ocean Star or whatever lame ***lol (Lost Odyssey was the ***, but seriously? lols just lolzlloeldsazo rolfaloasdk Flame contest here