Xbox 360, Is It Done?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Xbox 360, Is it done?
Xbox 360, Is it done?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Zekko 2010-09-16 04:10:46
Link | Citer | R

Time for College :< Enjoy your discussion
 Fenrir.Shallow
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shallow
By Fenrir.Shallow 2010-09-16 04:11:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Flionheart said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Shallow said:
Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Fable 3,naruto shippuden ultimate ninja 2, black ops, fall out vegas,the force 2, castelvania,vanquies all this game coming out in less than 1-2 months... yeah is pretty much death.

Fable went to ***after the first, and even the first was pretty meh, Molyneux is a stupid man.

Fallout is coming out on PC, and PS3 and will be better.

I don't know what Vanquies is.

I enjoy Fable just because of its battle system pretty much.. and the story line kept me interested in Fable II but the magic there sucked ***...

Fallout Vegas PC??? = mods!! >:D

Yar I was pleased with that. The 360 has no good exclusives on the way.

Meh I'd say Gears 3. If they don't botch multiplayer like they did in the 2nd one.

Ah I am sorry, Gears is the only 'good' exclusive on the way. Not that I'm a real fan of Gears, but It can be considered good due to its metacritic score.

I just have a lot of irl friends I played the original with. We all kinda went our separate ways after the Gears 2 botch. Hoping 3 will bring us all back into it instead of MW2 every gd night.
:\ Online play is much more fun with friends...
 Fenrir.Shallow
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shallow
By Fenrir.Shallow 2010-09-16 04:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:
You better ace that test! >:O
By Flionheart 2010-09-16 04:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:

If you don't have a neckbeard and sit fapping in your basement why the hell are you on /v/?!
By Artemicion 2010-09-16 04:30:41
Link | Citer | R

I bought an xbox strictly for halo, fable and lost odyssey.
Whether it was worth it is up for debate; but oh how I wish Mistwalker would re-release Lost Odyssey on PS3/PC with extra goodies <3
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2010-09-16 04:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Can't we all just agree that at least neither are as bad as the Wii?
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-16 04:46:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rylis said:
Can't we all just agree that at least neither are as bad as the Wii?

Nintendo won E3, easily though.

There are a lot of good games coming to the Wii.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2010-09-16 04:46:27
Link | Citer | R

After 3 brokan xbox's,im on my 4th. if MS didnt ship/fix them for free i wouldnt evan have one anymore...there complete garbage. the only time it see's any action is when my kid comes over and plays halo 3, oh...wait.....my kid plays borderlands on my ps3 now. poor xbox
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2010-09-16 04:54:17
Link | Citer | R

True, Flionheart, but I doubt I'm alone when I add "...about damned time."

And their current ideology seems to be finally cashing in on their core by rehashing a lot of what they've done before. It's good for hype, but whether or not there is anything past the nostalgia remains to be seen.

Don't get me wrong, I recently went out and repurchased my Wii after angrily getting rid of it a couple years back. I glutted on Super Smash Bros. Brawl like I was re-introduced to sweet, sweet crack. I then dabbled on a few RPGs, found myself hating the new Mario Kart, and then wondered what I bought the system for. I'd gladly still play some Super Smash, but there isn't much to keep me glued to the console, really.

I do like their upcoming line-up, and it was a factor in my buying a Wii, again. But their line-up has been terribly disappointing for quite some time, and as such, I'm still a a bit unconvinced that they're going to stay moving in the right direction.

I'm not of a mind to praise a device that finally might not suck before I know it didn't simply have a coughing spasm.
By Flionheart 2010-09-16 05:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rylis said:
True, Flionheart, but I doubt I'm alone when I add "...about damned time."

And their current ideology seems to be finally cashing in on their core by rehashing a lot of what they've done before. It's good for hype, but whether or not there is anything past the nostalgia remains to be seen.

Don't get me wrong, I recently went out and repurchased my Wii after angrily getting rid of it a couple years back. I glutted on Super Smash Bros. Brawl like I was re-introduced to sweet, sweet crack. I then dabbled on a few RPGs, found myself hating the new Mario Kart, and then wondered what I bought the system for. I'd gladly still play some Super Smash, but there isn't much to keep me glued to the console, really.

I do like their upcoming line-up, and it was a factor in my buying a Wii, again. But their line-up has been terribly disappointing for quite some time, and as such, I'm still a a bit unconvinced that they're going to stay moving in the right direction.

I'm not of a mind to praise a device that finally might not suck before I know it didn't simply have a coughing spasm.

As a kid I was an avid Nintendo fan. I went NES > SNES > N64 > Cube > Wii

And up until the Wii they were my favourite consoles. I mean Megadrive had sonic, but Mario was always better, as well as the RPG's being better.
PS1 had the FF's but other than that I much preferred my N64 with games like Zelda, Mario's, Lylat Wars etc etc my list is endless.
The Cube had some awesome AWESOME games but there weren't enough. Tales Of Symphonia, Zelda, Paper Mario SSBM etc, but the PS2 also had some awesome awesome games.
Then the Wii came out with Zelda... Woo Zelda... then nothing... Still nothing... Still nothing.. SMASH BROS BRAWL! oh wait melee is still better

/sells Wii

But the line up that has been shown has really got me back into the good old gaming mindset that I had as a kid. Donkey Kong Country, Zelda, Kirby etc.

I'm excited for the 3DS for the exact same reason.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-16 05:06:45
Link | Citer | R

PS3 Exclusives:

Heavy Rain is a 75 Dollar slightly interactive film, that would look out of place in a B-movie bargain bin. *** that game.

Demon's Souls is overrated fluff. It's not bad, but it's hardly a console seller.

Metal Gear Solid 4 sucks, get over yourselves. It's overwritten, poorly designed and convoluted as ***.

Little Big Planet. People stopped caring a week after it was launched, because of the sad realization that for every great level a user would make, there's 450,000 ***-filled levels or Mario Ripoffs. I admire the tools they made, but it comes off as lazy, when you sell a game based on users generating the content.

Anyway, the Xbox360 is for people who can't afford a decent PC. I mean, they're both Microsoft Platforms... How can you really draw a line? Also, the Controller for the PS3 sucks soooo bad. It's designed for tiny Asian hands, but being a neither Female, nor Asian, I come equipped with large Skull-smashers, and the PS3 (And PS1-2) Controllers have always been a pain to deal with. Also, any game where you fire a gun, will always feel more natural on the Xbox Pad, for obvious reasons.

As for cross-platform games (Xbox 360, PS3), The PS3's Hardware is no guarantee that it will perform better. Fallout 3 actually looks and plays much better on the Xbox360, because the code is optimized much better, the color depth on the PS3 version is terrible.

Sooooo.

After all that, I will say you're right.

If you have a great PC, and some cash to burn, PS3 is a better choice, because Xbox360, and PC, being both Microsoft platforms, are going to share almost their entire library of games. PS3.

The Last Guardian will probably be reason enough to buy a PS3 though, if it's even half as good as Shadow of the Colossus.
By Flionheart 2010-09-16 05:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
PS3 Exclusives:

Heavy Rain is a 75 Dollar slightly interactive film, that would look out of place in a B-movie bargain bin. *** that game.

Demon's Souls is overrated fluff. It's not bad, but it's hardly a console seller.

Metal Gear Solid 4 sucks, get over yourselves. It's overwritten, poorly designed and convoluted as ***.

Little Big Planet. People stopped caring a week after it was launched, because of the sad realization that for every great level a user would make, there's 450,000 ***-filled levels or Mario Ripoffs. I admire the tools they made, but it comes off as lazy, when you sell a game based on users generating the content.

Anyway, the Xbox360 is for people who can't afford a decent PC. I mean, they're both Microsoft Platforms... How can you really draw a line? Also, the Controller for the PS3 sucks soooo bad. It's designed for tiny Asian hands, but being a neither Female, nor Asian, I come equipped with large Skull-smashers, the PS3 (And PS1-2) Controllers have always been a pain to deal with. Also, any game where you fire a gun, will always feel more natural on the Xbox Pad, for obvious reasons.

As for cross-platform games (Xbox 360, PS3), The PS3's Hardware is no guarantee that it will perform better. Fallout 3 actually looks and plays much better on the Xbox360, because the code is optimized much better, the color depth on the PS3 version is terrible.

Sooooo.

After all that, I will say you're right.

If you have a great PC, and some cash to burn, PS3 is a better choice, because Xbox360, and PC, being both Microsoft platforms, are going to share almost their entire library of games. PS3.

The Last Guardian will probably be reason enough to buy a PS3 though, if it's even half as good as Shadow of the Colossus.

The awesomeness of the last guardian made me moist. That game looks just so good.

I bet you anything the guardian will die like agro.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-16 05:12:57
Link | Citer | R

When I first got my SNES I wasn't even aware of any "console war" going on until closer to PS3 launch. Back then (as a kid) I chose everything based on what games were coming out to which console but now, I don't think any game would make me want to buy a 360. It's just too broken and I wouldn't wanna go hand it in every 2 weeks to get it fixed :/
 Lakshmi.Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2010-09-16 05:23:25
Link | Citer | R

I am largely in agreement there. My first platform was PC, but Nintendo was the first home console bought while I was alive, with the NES. We had an SNES, I eventually got an N64, never bought a Gamecube, but had access to one for extended periods of time..

I also had other consoles through all of that, though.

As much as I loved the Nintendo consoles, I can find just as many things I liked about others.. Nintendo was always the 'king,' but there were exclusives I couldn't miss as a kid. Sega Genesis was the first system to really highlight that, for me.

The one area that I've always felt that Nintendo won't steer me wrong, generally, is handheld. They've had a few silly forays, but these have all been as off-shoots of ***that worked that they had no business messing with. I have a few reservations with what will come of the 3DS, as Nintendo has scared me a bit with the Wii, but I'm still pretty confident that I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and pick it up, anyway.

Honestly, I've a 360, a Wii, a PC, and my DS. I had a PS3 and a PSP. The PSP bored me and it wasn't until I sold it that Sony was like "Hey, we'll release some stuff, now." Not just VC2, but a VC3? SMT Persona 3? KH Birth by Sleep?

Same happened with the PS3, mostly. I won't say I didn't see good games on the horizon, they were there. It was more, there were a ton of games coming out on both platforms, and given my preference of keyboard and mouse > 360 controller > PS3 controller, the pecking order said that my PS3 would be largely neglected.

I'll get a PS3 again this holiday when my job starts giving me all sorts of delicious incentives to do so. Same with a PSP. For now, though, I'll still give preference to my PC, buy games for my 360 when I don't want to occupy my PC and interfere with my MMO addiction, and temporarily shrug off anything that isn't in those categories.
By Flionheart 2010-09-16 05:28:39
Link | Citer | R

I have both the PSP and NDS and I love them both equally. I generally prefer the PSP for RPG's but the NDS for everything else.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-16 05:35:34
Link | Citer | R

I like both my PSP and DS but if I were to play something for a long time it would be my DS because the analog on PSP is *** horribly designed. I get a cramp in my thumb after a while.
 Shiva.Moogleking
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2010-09-16 06:52:38
Link | Citer | R

The only reason i bought an xbox360 was so i could play ff11. its the only game i play on it. Most everything else that is multi-platform i play on ps3. Microsoft probably come out with new system by end of 2012 and you probably be able to play old 360 games on it, so who cares if xbox is dead, they going to make new system and all the ppl crying over how current one sucks will go out and buy new one, cuz we gotta have every system.lol
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 06:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
So with Reach being an astounding success and the last desperate breath of the 360, along with MS' TGS keynote being entirely about Kinetic, is the 360 finally dead? Kinetic will bomb, and there are absolutely no reasons to buy a 360 aside from Reach in what appears to be the next few years. Since BioWare's betrayal and Bungie's leave, MS has struggled hard to keep any developer exclusive to their console. What can 360 owners expect in the coming years?

It's more of a developer issue than the consoles themselves. I can't name very many games that I picked up not knowing what to expect but found I enjoyed it thoroughly, though that applies to all consoles. I wouldn't say dead but it is that time they'd be throwing ideas around for their next console. 360s biggest selling aspect is Live, which no other consoles matches. Kinect has a chance to sink or soar though, if they make it less gimicky than the Wii (even though the Wii does great) and still have a focus on traditional games, then it could be revolutionary.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-16 06:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Devs will still make games for the Xbox360.

360 isn't going to be "done." I mean, this is Microsoft we're talking about. Yeah, Knect or whatever that new thing is will probably suck ***, but I bet M$ will go back on their word of "There will be no new console" http://kotaku.com/5296104/microsoft-there-will-be-no-new-console and make a new Xbox, even if they call it something like Ybox or whatnot, unless they pull a Sega (which is highlllyy doubtful)
By Zekko 2010-09-16 07:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Shallow said:
Zekko said:
You better ace that test! >:O

I didnt have a test :<
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:

If you don't have a neckbeard and sit fapping in your basement why the hell are you on /v/?!

:p
[+]
 Asura.Twotones
Serveur: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Twotones 2010-09-16 08:19:09
Link | Citer | R

I have both the ps3 and xbox360 and my brother has both also but has different games for ps3 than me but when I compare them together same game but v different systems some ps3 most of the ps3 games do not show in 1080p v xbox360 online play xbox360 wins and if SE had ported the ffxi to xbox360 right people would not dc in besiged or campain battles. So far as kinect is concerned I think both the ps3 and xbox360 will lose because most people dont have room for that in their house.
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-16 08:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Twotones said:
I have both the ps3 and xbox360 and my brother has both also but has different games for ps3 than me but when I compare them together same game but v different systems some ps3 most of the ps3 games do not show in 1080p v xbox360 online play xbox360 wins and if SE had ported the ffxi to xbox360 right people would not dc in besiged or campain battles. So far as kinect is concerned I think both the ps3 and xbox360 will lose because most people dont have room for that in their house.

Move will fail because Nintendo did/do it better, and with better games.

Kinnect will fail because it won't feel like a game with not controller.
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-09-16 08:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Moogleking said:
The only reason i bought an xbox360 was so i could play ff11. its the only game i play on it. Most everything else that is multi-platform i play on ps3. Microsoft probably come out with new system by end of 2012 and you probably be able to play old 360 games on it, so who cares if xbox is dead, they going to make new system and all the ppl crying over how current one sucks will go out and buy new one, cuz we gotta have every system.lol
People will buy it, ps3 fan boys will try to deny it's better than PS3. And sony will do the same ***they did last time lurk for 6 months after the microsft launch, copy everything they did then tweak it and release a better product a year later. But as much as you can rag 360 for being ***it will always have a player base simply because of xbl. Yes ps2 beat microsoft to console online gaming mainstream with the launch of socom, but honestly the servers were ***and they sucked. 7-8 years ago? how long was it exactly? anyways microsoft blew away sony, and thats how it's been known since then. so you can say360 is dead, but nah as long as there are 20m xbox live accounts, it will not die. I do agree though PC is much better, but sometimes people would prefer a console. But meh what do I know.
 Siren.Scottyb
Serveur: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-09-16 09:05:10
Link | Citer | R

For me I like both consoles having owned both for a while, however the major anchor in the PS3 falling short for me was the ridiculous price at launch and the fact it took so much longer to come out than the 360, I remember when it came out the xbox 360 was quite well established then. Having already built up a collection of games on 360, the Ps3 although I know its technically a better console in terms of spec wasn't a massive improvement so I keep it mainly as a blu-ray player and for the few exclusives im interested in for example Gran turismo.

PS3 lost two of my personally most important exclusives this year with FF13 and Tekken 6 so Im not really interested in other exclusives besides GT5, another thing I love about xbox is the achievement system Im a completionist and having that to do adds that little bit to my games, I know the PS3 has the trophy system but imho its not implemented as well as the xboxes.

Lastly until Reach came out Id never even consider not owning a 360 Halo is imo to good to be missed out on, I prefer the tactical edge and skill to halo over any other FPS game, compared to the PS3's best game online for me (MW2) its superior. Do I think the 360 is dieing not likely theres still far too many people involved in it in terms of customers, is the PS3 also a great console yes of course.

Lastly in terms of PC gaming for me its just so annoying to spend £800 on a decent PC for in 4-5 years it be too weak to keep up with current games, and being a student I like to do work on the PC whilst I play games esecially things like FFXI seeking whilst doing uni work or camping NMs means my PC isnt free to play games on.
 Bahamut.Ryaine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ryaine
By Bahamut.Ryaine 2010-09-16 09:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Shallow said:

I need to upgrade my comp so I can play FFXI on it...

You can play FFXI on your 360 without having a gold live active. You sign into your tag like normal and appear online to your friends but you can't talk to anyone.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-16 09:43:32
Link | Citer | R

I have a 360, but I guess I'm one of the weird ones who rarely play games on it. Not because I have a PS3 or a Wii, simply because I play games on my PC. I use my 360 for Netflix and exclusive titles like Halo every few years. Do I think the 360 is done? No. Did they have a bad start with the RROD? Yes. But they've come a long way since then.
 Asura.Poupee
Serveur: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-09-16 09:48:27
Link | Citer | R

I like xbox 360 the most, but I have ps3 wii etc. also. For games that are on every system ill play them on 360, just because i know i have friends on the 360 i can play with and talk to and I rather deal with little kids then 20+'s yr olds when playing online.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-16 09:50:08
Link | Citer | R

Second I saw a console title in the thread title, I knew trouble would brew.