Hundred Knives

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Hundred Knives
Hundred Knives
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
By yunalaysca 2010-09-19 06:26:23
Link | Citer | R

2 things I'd like to point out and I'll keep it short since that's all I'm good for on the forums (that and im rather tired)

1) as of the current update, an 85 dnc has no excuse to use sushi, i generally use curoeurl subs and yellow curry and i still parse out at 90-94% accuracy and that's with me using a full haste set.

2) in my personal opinion, I'm not a fan of OAT daggers AND joytoy, its not needed since building tp isn't a problem at all, hell you can ws as much as you like and immediately after ws you can waltz 4 or divine 2. the damage over time doesnt compare to for example what i currently use: ws fusetto main hand and auric off hand.

3) yeah i know i said 2 but i guess this is a combination of 1 and 2; if you use joytoy and sushi you would be to concerned with your accuracy with the sword rating so there would be little room to raise your attack. i am 100% sure that the only reason a dnc would have any trouble building tp is because their attacks do 0dmg.

in short: use meat, use something other than OAT weapons and you shouldn't have any problem out parsing a sam. people that say otherwise are the reason why dnc is looked down on.
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-09-19 06:30:46
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Blaire said:

K klub swings 173.619 times in 1 minute and has 11 DMG
DNC/WAR can swing 183.9925 times in 1 minute and has 39 DMG with Auric Dagger in mainhand.

We should really call it 180 Knives, not 100 Knives.

that's uber, i hadn't actually realized it was THAT fast
Asura.Nususu said:

would this be a good itemset for something like that?
thats a good start! i personally wouldn't use a bullwhip just because of the element down is rather scary to be tping in.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 06:37:35
Link | Citer | R

yunalaysca said:

in short: you shouldn't have any problem out parsing a sam.

ummm what?
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-09-19 06:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
yunalaysca said:

in short: you shouldn't have any problem out parsing a sam.

ummm what?
it happens, believe it or not.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-19 06:44:36
Link | Citer | R

When you talk about outparsing someone, you usually talk about good players and not full hachiman sams with shinsoku.
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-09-19 06:45:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
When you talk about outparsing someone, you usually talk about good players and not full hachiman sams with shinsoku.
and i still stick with what i said.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-09-19 06:46:55
Link | Citer | R

The standard 'I outdamaged a 2-hander' is a DRK/NIN in full Thick actually.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 08:02:12
Link | Citer | R

I admit, I dont have haste cap gear on sam....but I'm nothing close to that bad and I'm still questioning this outparsing of sam on dnc
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 08:03:26
Link | Citer | R

a good DNC won't outparse a good SAM.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 08:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:

he makes sense! he speaks the truth! lol I know you're not on XI anymore, but I for once, agree with you Fli :P
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 08:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

he makes sense! he speaks the truth! lol I know you're not on XI anymore, but I for once, agree with you Fli :P

Lol I still play with a friends account from time to time. DNC can output a lot of nice damage, but a SAM who knows what he's doing won't get beaten by it. A MNK just about might, I'm not sure.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 08:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

Lol I still play with a friends account from time to time. DNC can output a lot of nice damage, but a SAM who knows what he's doing won't get beaten by it. A MNK just about might, I'm not sure.

MNKs are so much better with the level cap increase... no way in hell could a DNC outparse a properly geared MNK.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-19 08:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

MNKs are so much better with the level cap increase... no way in hell could a DNC outparse a properly geared MNK.

Pink one would outparse you :O
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 08:22:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

As in a well geared MNK might just about outparse a well geared sam. Depending on the length of the fight.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 08:28:34
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

As in a well geared MNK might just about outparse a well geared sam. Depending on the length of the fight.

Oh. You quit FF right? Game changed at 80+, H2H skill gives base damage so MNKs are way better now. Not to mention gear haste cap, Marchx2 Haste Samba and Haste spell. MNKs are pretty much king now.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 08:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Is nobody accounting for (in this dnc vs sam argument) the fact that sam gets the same haste as dnc (come on..if the dnc is using haste samba, the sam gets it as well) BEFORE hasso? I'm pretty sure total haste is 80% or some crap from all sources, so that would fit sam right at the very top tier of haste. I know the delay is a lot different from GK to dagger, but when I was tooling around on sam, with a buddy, I used timestamp to clock my attack speed. Hasso + haste + march x2 + my lulz (atm) 18% gear haste was 2~3s per swing on sam/war with a 95 dmg GK (what I'm ToMing now) with WS dmg+10%...

Thats not even @gear haste cap... Lets not even get into the fact that Sam can use a high dmg OaT GK (or even lulz soboro), or the massive STR difference in gear sets while maintaining haste...
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 08:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

Oh. You quit FF right? Game changed at 80+, H2H skill gives base damage so MNKs are way better now. Not to mention gear haste cap, Marchx2 Haste Samba and Haste spell. MNKs are pretty much king now.

I suppose that's dependant on the length of the fight though.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 08:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Not really sure what kind of fight lengths you're comparing. Yes a SAM quick 2hr zerg-thing will out-damage a MNK but that's about it :/ Nowadays anything SAM can do MNK can do better (MNK can do anything better than yooou~♪).
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 08:45:00
Link | Citer | R

When I go to dyna. I parse in the top 3 on damage as dnc. I'm also missing a lot of good WS gear. I just recently got Tumbler Trunks and that boosted my numbers decently. SAM and DRK usually being in the top as well. If you haven't looked at the WS gear for DNC lately... you should. DNC has access to Vhelm equivalent that SAM uses for WS. Not to mention you can now put Att+ and/or CHR/DEX/STR in every slot now. DNC/SAM gets TP just as fast or maybe faster than SAM in some cases. Why wouldn't a DNC be able to out parse a SAM now? Someone do all that crazy math to prove me wrong lol.

After all, the argument is Well geared good dnc vs. Well geared good sam.

Y'all should look at yuna's gear btw and drool.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-19 08:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tristean said:
When I go to dyna. I parse in the top 3 on damage as dnc. I'm also missing a lot of good WS gear. I just recently got Tumbler Trunks and that boosted my numbers decently. SAM and DRK usually being in the top as well. If you haven't looked at the WS gear for DNC lately... you should. DNC has access to Vhelm equivalent that SAM uses for WS. Not to mention you can now put Att+ and/or CHR/DEX/STR in every slot now. DNC/SAM gets TP just as fast or maybe faster than SAM in some cases. Why wouldn't a DNC be able to out parse a SAM now? Someone do all that crazy math to prove me wrong lol.

After all, the argument is Well geared good dnc vs. Well geared good sam.

Y'all should look at yuna's gear btw and drool.

You have horrible DDs in your LS.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 08:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much what Drac said. Sorry. My DNC is pretty hot, and I don't even hold a candle to the top DDs in my party. I'll outparse the 'other' party (lacks proper buffs, and they're typically the less well geared of our DD), but that's not exactly surprising. But on an equal footing, not really seeing it happening. Sorry. :|
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:05:35
Link | Citer | R

Well I did come in third vs. the DDs who were getting BRD buffs plus the buffs from my steps. Last time. I did 12% of the damage. The seoncd place guy did 14% and the third place guy did 16%. All the other DDs sucked lol. If I need to... I'll ask my friend for the parser results(like the actual hard copy).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-19 09:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Post which zone and show some parser results with min/max damage lol. Honestly, your DDs sound horrible because DNC should never come in third place in a squishy place like Dynamis.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:07:59
Link | Citer | R

Jeuno. Pre and Post MB. But you haven't met half the people of asura have you?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:09:49
Link | Citer | R

even at 75, my sam would be able to Sekkanoki >> Gekko >> Rana for 3k+ dmg to take 90% off a dyna mob's HP (in cities)..Way before Sengikori, way before the 95 dmg GK with WS dmg+10%, way before 85 cap
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-19 09:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't mean DDs should lose to a DNC, unbuffed or not.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:13:13
Link | Citer | R

and are we also forgetting (again with the sam v dnc issue) that sam can 5 hit build its GK....? how much tp does a dnc get with all that DW+ ***on? 4/dagger stab?
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:13:27
Link | Citer | R

So DNC can't Sekkanoki evisceration > dancing edge > reverse flourish > evisceration for the same amount of damage when dnc has access to a fussetto +10% evisceration damage? Hmm I didn't know that.

And drac... are you saying that DNC should place last every single time when it comes to DDing?
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Honestly half of my TP doesn't come from straight hitting. I am usually using presto/step or just step half the time. If presto is up and I step, I get 48tp back from reverse flourish.

Example: I ws and get 15 to 16 tp back /sam. Presto Step after I've gone through an attack round getting me to 25-31 + reverse flourish = 74-80 tp already depending if saber dance is up or if my brutal earring kicked in. One to two more attack rounds and I have 100 tp again to WS. Rinse repeat.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:18:32
Link | Citer | R

Trist, what's the dmg rating on that dagger? and how on earth are you doing the same dmg as a Sam? (no, not trying to sound like a douche) but your example of evis >> DE >> evis isn't even close in dmg (as far as I know) to a yukki >> gekko >> kasha (and yes its possible to 3 step light without Meikyo Shisui, i've done it with a Rindomaru..not that I use that GK anymore, just sayin, its possible)
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15