Final Fantasy XIV General
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 33 34 35
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-15 11:44:02
Link | Citer | R

Quick question. Assuming you pre-ordered and are eligible for early access, do you have to wait until the day that opens to download/patch the game or is there a way to do it earlier to jump straight into playing?

Also this would be my first time playing, I didn't play 1.0.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-15 11:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Also just to say this.I love the idea that we get bonus's every 30days of subscription. granted everyone will have the same but its still nice ( and a nice way to hook in the people who take a break but still keep their account active) anyways i think that they should consider the legacy members who had paid for months of ffxiv before ARR.

Legacy only pays 9.99/19.98/29.97 for 30/60/90 day subscription...
Legacy gets an exclusive chocobo...
Legacy gets an exclusive tattoo on our backs...
And Legacy members were able to sign their names into the credits that will be displayed on the game...

I think we Legacy people got more than enough for paying all those months. >_>

We get an exclusive choco? and a tattoo? >.> I never knew of this
 Bahamut.Feisei
Serveur: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-08-15 17:57:04
Link | Citer | R

8hrs
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-15 18:15:44
Link | Citer | R

Am I able to download/patch without being part of Beta 4? If so where?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-15 22:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Also just to say this.I love the idea that we get bonus's every 30days of subscription. granted everyone will have the same but its still nice ( and a nice way to hook in the people who take a break but still keep their account active) anyways i think that they should consider the legacy members who had paid for months of ffxiv before ARR.

Legacy only pays 9.99/19.98/29.97 for 30/60/90 day subscription...
Legacy gets an exclusive chocobo...
Legacy gets an exclusive tattoo on our backs...
And Legacy members were able to sign their names into the credits that will be displayed on the game...

I think we Legacy people got more than enough for paying all those months. >_>

We get an exclusive choco? and a tattoo? >.> I never knew of this

Tattoo

Best picture I can find of the legacy chocobo (since they're not distributed yet) is the one from the End of an Era follow up vid (where they show the heroes in the forest and yada yada)

You'll notice a tattoo on the beak. But here's the official page talking about the legacy discoun/bird/credits. Tattoo was a bonus.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-16 11:57:46
Link | Citer | R

A 12 minute video advertisement for XIV and goes into detail of 1.0 ending, beginning of 2.0, character creator, introduction to cities, etc., all in Japanese of course tho :<

FFXIV 店頭用プロモーションムービー
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-17 00:38:54
Link | Citer | R

Played Fisher today... It's a lot more laid back that before.

- Buy bait from NPCs in town then use the Bait Box action to equip a certain bait. Different bait will attract different fish. (There is a Fisher's Journal separate from the gathering logs for BTN/MNR.

- Action button 2 has you cast the line out. Then you wait... It will make a sound and move once when you have caught something (sometimes the sound goes for 2 seconds, sometimes it goes for half a second. Have to be quick) When you hear/see it...

- Action button 3 reels in the fish. The game will tell you whether the fish is HQ or not, and how much it weighs. The weight of the biggest fish, divided into categories (freshwater/saltwater/deepsea etc... Will get the proper names of each category tomorrow.) Atm this seems to be purely for a personal record of sorts, but who knows? Anyway, one of two things will happen here... Either

A) Fish is placed in your inventory.

OR

B) Mooting chance occurs. This only happens at Lv26+ FSH (Beta cap is 20 but my fisher was 29 before servers shut down,) and only for certain fish. The fish currently on the line may be cast out into the water to act as bait for rarer fish. (In Limsa, I caught some Lv3 Sardines. Moot'd them and caught Lv21 Octopi.) To do this, you press the Cast action button. If you do not wish to Moot the fish, press the 4th action button which puts the line away.

Now, some things I wanted to note...

- the guild NPC mentioned that "fish get smarter the more you cast into their territory." It seemed to hint at that, should you attempt to gather from one spot too long, your odds of catching rare fish (or any fish) might decrease. This would make sense and could be possible. Need to test this.

- Fisher gains two interesting Class Traits when they reach higher levels (I want to say 35 and 45 off the top of my head... I really should have wrote my observations down...) The first is Sandfishing. This allows you to fish... In deserts. Kinda makes you wonder what's living down there in the first place.....

The second trait is Skyfishing. This allows you to fish in one particular area, casting your line into clouds below you.

- Gathering trait is hinted at increasing the gathering attempts at fishing holes before fish start to "catch on" to you; thus eluding at you. Perception was stated flat out that it increases the likelihood of HQ/Rare fish. Might possibly affect Moot chance (just imo. Needs testing.)

Overall, I'm happy with the changes to fishing and can't wait to be able to earn actual exp. (since no exp can be earned for classes over 20 atm. :x)
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-18 02:36:51
Link | Citer | R

So far all reports of successful Mooch come from catching a HQ version of the smallest type of fish in a fishing spot. Then there's a higher level job trait for Fisher that lets you Mooch with a Mooch'd fish.

If a bait would not attract any fish in that fishing spot, it will tell you to try changing baits.

When you cannot make more gathering attempts at a fishing spot, the message, "It seems the fish know something is askew. It might be best to change location" will appear on the screen.

Fishing records will record largest River Fish, Lake Fish, Deepsea Fish, Dune Fish and Sky Fish caught.

Question for anyone who leveled fisher during the beta while it was under Lv20;

Did you get the same exp for each fish of the same type you caught (boosted exp for HQ version of the fish) or did you get varied exp of the exact same fish with the only difference being the weight of it? I'm curious if the weight of the fish will affect exp gain...
 Fenrir.Viskral
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Viskral
By Fenrir.Viskral 2013-08-18 04:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Weight of the fish does affect Xp gain
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-08-18 09:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Overall, I'm happy with the changes to fishing and can't wait to be able to earn actual exp. (since no exp can be earned for classes over 20 atm. :x)

Overall I am not.

No minigame, no fighting the fish, just cast and reel in.

Didn't try mooching as I was in a low level river right outside Ul'dah. L 30 fisher so no concept about EXPs either.

Also THEY STOLE ALL MY BAIT AND LURES. I thought only stuff unusable in ARR was going to be removed. I am not sure if I had crayfish balls in inventory after 1.xx but I know I had goby balls.

The bait box is an acceptable substitute for the ranged slot though.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-18 13:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Overall I am not.

No minigame, no fighting the fish, just cast and reel in.

Didn't try mooching as I was in a low level river right outside Ul'dah. L 30 fisher so no concept about EXPs either.

Also THEY STOLE ALL MY BAIT AND LURES. I thought only stuff unusable in ARR was going to be removed. I am not sure if I had crayfish balls in inventory after 1.xx but I know I had goby balls.

The bait box is an acceptable substitute for the ranged slot though.

That minigame was upsetting at times, let's be honest. :x Yoshida stated that he wanted to make fisher into a "relaxing" gathering job.

As for your Goby balls, you can catch Dusk Goby at the pond named Drybone in Eastern Thal. Fairly certain those may be crafted... I've noticed that every 5 or so levels on CUL you can craft fish into bait, so I'll most likely continue leveling fisher and cul at the same time. Also, Shark Oil is now used for the best crafting tools currently in game now. The shark required for it is a mooch only fish (I believe...? Might be mistaking it for another shark) And currently, one vial of Shark Oil sells for 10k a piece on Excalibur. That's 100k in 1.0 currency.
By Rinnsi 2013-08-18 14:12:54
Link | Citer | R

minigame in 1.0 and FFXI were balls, i like the simplier old school FFXI approuch to fishing. it can indeed be relaxing, no need to fight a fish for 2 minutes, and still have it get away, and piss you off
By Quiznor 2013-08-18 19:12:50
Link | Citer | R

How much does XIV cost in crysta?

I know there are 3 prices based on 30,60,90 day subs,but any idea what they are in crysta?

Non-legacy prices :P
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-18 22:11:20
Link | Citer | R

12.99 is the standard fee, so I guess 12.99/25.98/38.97 for 30/60/90 days
By Quiznor 2013-08-18 22:21:42
Link | Citer | R

12.99 is the standard fee, so I guess 12.99/25.98/38.97 for 30/60/90 days

wasnt sure if the crysta prices would be an exact translation or not. I saw the standard cash prices but saw no announcement on crysta ones. I'll likely have to do crysta because SE's direct payment option is a *** joke
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-18 23:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Totally tanking Satash with a Topaz Carby. why is this possible, haha
By Kimble2013 2013-08-19 00:48:43
Link | Citer | R

so like, if I want to do a guildleve with my friends, how would I do that?
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-08-19 00:49:30
Link | Citer | R

Kimble2013 said: »
so like, if I want to do a guildleve with my friends, how would I do that?

I think just have everyone have the same guildleve flagged and then initiate it.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-19 04:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Ok so question. I believe I was on my blm before i logged off of 1.0 way back when in my full artifact armor. when I redid my char I chose to start as arcanist since it was the only thing i can level. now i cant find my blm armor.. not sure if i might have put it in a retainer. I know i had 2 retainers full of items. we still get those items when we rebuy our retainers... right?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-19 04:21:26
Link | Citer | R

got my retainers. missing my mog weapons and my blm armor so far =/
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-19 06:27:38
Link | Citer | R

nvm >.> guess i was missing a lot of stuff. but got it from the calamity npc
 Valefor.Ivaan
Serveur: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-19 09:14:59
Link | Citer | R

So i got a quick q.

I was playing yesterday and managed to meet up with my former mates from 11 and we were discussing LS' and free companies.

From what we were trying to figure out is that now free companies are your groups for events and now ls' are mainly for social aspect of the game? is this true? or will people still use ls' as a core group to do events?

I dont quite understand the difference, and what really a free companies entails in regards to the benefits of additional exp and such that i heard of.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-19 09:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Ls are mainly social, but I don't are why poeple couldn't use them as secondary guilds tho
 Valefor.Ivaan
Serveur: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-19 09:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
Ls are mainly social, but I don't are why poeple couldn't use them as secondary guilds tho

yeah thats what i was wondering. even in 11 ls' themselves couldnt do anything, they were only a social list, but you used them to gether people for events of course.

From what it soujnded like Free companies get additional bonuses or something
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-19 10:25:08
Link | Citer | R

Linkshells are mainly social now. You can own multiple of them. Free Companies however... You can only be in one free company at a time.

As players advance through the game and level classes/crafts/earn achievements etc the free company will earn points. Points cause the free company to level up. At Lv5 you can put your free company crest on armor.

Also, just speculation atm, but there is influence with grand companies that free companies can earn. Not 100% sure how it works and what benefits you get, but it seems that wherever you start the free company is the main influence. I'm guessing if you get members that join other grand companies then you'll start getting recognized by all grand companies.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2013-08-19 10:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Okay, so I have had the game since 1.0 release, do I get early access? I haven't had an active sub the whole time though.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-19 10:58:01
Link | Citer | R

You know, I'm not 100% certain on that... I do know that 1.0 players get free access til September 9th...

EDIT!

nvm just Legacy gets early access. So yay for me! :x sorry mate
Linky thingy
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-19 11:09:17
Link | Citer | R

That'd explain a lot, I was wondering where my stuff is - still missing some bits myself D:

Whereabouts was this Calamity NPC in LL? :D
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2013-08-19 11:16:38
Link | Citer | R

That's kind of silly tbh. Not like I've owned the game for 3 years or anything lol.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-19 11:38:10
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

That'd explain a lot, I was wondering where my stuff is - still missing some bits myself D:

Whereabouts was this Calamity NPC in LL? :D
by the giant aether crystal. X11, Y14 in Lower
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 33 34 35