The Dark 5 Hit (kinda)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » The dark 5 hit (kinda)
The dark 5 hit (kinda)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-18 18:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
You keep saying "you can afford dusk +1" who the *** said I ever paid for the dusk +1? They belong to a friend who rarely plays anymore, so quick to jump to conclusions.
killing blow? or is it?
this has been some pretty good back and forth to watch.
but lol arguing about gear.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-18 18:47:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
You keep saying "you can afford dusk +1" who the *** said I ever paid for the dusk +1? They belong to a friend who rarely plays anymore, so quick to jump to conclusions.

So they arent yours, but yet you keep showing them off in the item set you posted... and then you get angry at people for not being a psychic and not knowing that you have borrowed them from a friend.

Got it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-08-18 19:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Dusk gloves +1?

There. It doesn't cost 15m
(I don't have a lot of these things, but I consider this set pretty top-tier for a 5-hit Reckoning)
edit: this is for when DE is down.... for when DE is up, use Forager's and Bomblet.

This is also a valid set:

(with aurum cuirass you can lose the ecphoria ring and attila's earring)
edit: crap, inputted the wrong eva number (307 instead of 337), but this is still capped accuracy on most of the older content. With Pizza +1, this is useful in Abyssea EXP parties, too.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jar
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-08-19 15:27:15
Link | Citer | R

thats what im working on right now x.x scythes almost done i have the rest
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-19 15:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Needs about 4 more pieces of Perle.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-08-19 15:49:34
Link | Citer | R

to lose 5hit yeah <_<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-19 15:55:16
Link | Citer | R

Didn't even think about STP augment on Nuevo XD
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-08-19 16:07:36
Link | Citer | R

why <.< it works
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-19 16:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Acc+10 Store TP+4 isn't shabby at all.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-19 16:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Just not something I ever used mine for, so it slipped my mind.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-19 17:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Same here, only considered it for Dragoon when I needed the acc but pretty much said meh and made a COR-RNG Mirke
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-19 17:40:49
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Jar said:
thats what im working on right now x.x scythes almost done i have the rest

Yeah, I'm assuming that's a nuevo coselete with STP+4 and accuracy+10. In which case you would have +39STP in that set for a true 5hit build.

Nevertheless, since you're not using full perle because you need the mix/match set for your 5hit, I'd say Homam feet > Perle feet. I'm assuming you probably don't have homam feet though, so I guess Perle feet would have to do for now, in that case.

Also, I will note that that set, which has +39STP, is technically only a true 5hit build if you also WS on that gear;however, you can still just TP in the +39STP, and WS in +32STP, and keep a 5hit/4hit rebuild, as long as you land 2hits on guillotine(the first hit, and one more hit).

If you only land the first hit of guillotine, and miss all the others... then your 4hit rebuild portion breaks(unless you get hit by the mob on your way to 100% TP). Nevertheless, the likelihood of you only landing the first WS hit is extremely small, so yeah...the set should work.

Math:

Perhaps this was already known, but for those who didn't... well there you go. It might help someone.

Also, as I stated in a previous post, there are different ways (gear-wise) to make a 5hit build... some more effective than others etc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2010-08-19 17:55:04
Link | Citer | R

People who post "true" builds for a drk annoy the ***out of me.

If you CAN'T land 3 or 4 hits CONSISTANTLY then you should be trading that Store TP gear in for ACC because your weaponskills are going to be TRASH anyway.

That being said, you only need 36 store tp on melee and weaponskill to 5 hit with a 4 hit ws provided you land 3 or 4 hits.

/SAM = 15
Reckoning = 7
Brutal = 1
Rajas = 5
Rose = 4

For the last 4 Store TP your options are:

1) Goading Belt
2) Hoard Ring
3) Tactical Mantle
4) White Tathlum and Fourth Division Mantle

Unless your lucky enough to get a Goading Belt, your stuck with options 2, 3 or 4. (OR you could pop a Carbonara if you really wanted)

This setup will still allow you to maintain your full perle or E body/Homam setups. There's no need to have to use ***setups that involve Askar Body or Aurum Body...
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-19 17:55:41
Link | Citer | R

You don't even need +39.

If you've got Reckoning and Rose that can't be swapped anyway and keep Rajas on for WS, you have +31 STP. This gives 1.3tp per secondary hit of Guillotine, for 22.7 or 21.4 depending on if you want miss tolerance. This leaves 78.6, or 19.7/hit, which is just +37 STP for melee while keeping a miss tolerance, or even just +35 if you don't care about miss tolerance and could just cast a spell for that 1tp anymore anyway (the only use for Occult Acumen).

Ignoring that Goading Belt is a *** and Tactical Mantle is still AWOL:

+37

+38

And now for 'doable' if you throw a drain in after a missed secondary:
+35

Can also use Chiv Chain instead of Ecphoria for all your Blitz whoring desires. Anything not shown is your option.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-08-19 17:58:38
Link | Citer | R

You could also use Carbonara instead of Tactical Mantle, too
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-19 17:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
You could also use Carbonara instead of Tactical Mantle, too
Specifically Pizza builds, but Carb is definitely an option.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-19 18:14:34
Link | Citer | R

I agree with what you guys are saying... which is why I have said that there are different ways (gear-wise) to make a 5hit build... some more effective than others etc.

Like I mentioned back on page one of this thread, there is even the option of +36StoreTP for a "6hit/4hit rebuild" (not a true 5hit build), as long as you land at least 3hits on Guillotine WS(The first hit, and 2 extra hits). And this can allow things like full perle etc.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-19 18:34:11
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said:

This setup will still allow you to maintain your full perle setups. There's no need to have to use ***setups that involve Askar Body or Aurum Body...

Fixed 5/5 Perle wipes the floor with a E:body setup by a decent ammount.

Hard to take somebody serious that uses pole grip w/ a 528 delay scythe :/

The Aurum build is actually very strong aswell, with Pizza cap'ing ACC isnt even an issue and I dont gimp my WS build using it. It also lets you use Dusk +1 or Timarli hands(Drop from Zone boss in La Theine?) and Keep your Vbelt if you have one over goading.

Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-19 18:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
I don't have Rajas either. My response is 'Go *** yourself'.

The difference between them is arguable at best. Swinging faster != Swinging more often, etc. Most e-peen comparisons between them consider only TP phase, but Pole Grip can function on WS too, which makes them dead-even in napkin math, but Pole Grip has potential to actually increase damage in sub-30-second fights instead of that 'stealing a killshot' ***.

Its a dead horse anywhere but here.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-19 18:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Finish'ing CoP is hard now...

Considering how ungodly *** hard CoP used to be back in the day and they gimped it yet a second time to the point where you can solo all of it, I have no sympathy for the "I have no rajas" excuse anymore.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 18:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Finish'ing CoP is hard now...

Considering how ungodly *** hard CoP used to be back in the day and they gimped it yet a second time to the point where you can solo all of it, I have no sympathy for the "I have no rajas" excuse anymore.

You can't solo the later missions. You can solo your way to Sea, but not the later missions to complete it.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-19 18:59:57
Link | Citer | R

Once you get to Sea CoP is a joke (well all of CoP is a joke now) there is no arguing that lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 19:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Once you get to Sea CoP is a joke (well all of CoP is a joke now) there is no arguing that lol

It's still not soloable.

Easy yes, but not soloable.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-19 19:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Quick, someone call Avesta!
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-19 19:09:53
Link | Citer | R

I like how he's now on about CoP completion instead of that parroted ***about Sword Strap.

Some respect only gear and advancement, I respect only people who think and do their own math.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-19 19:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
The difference between them is arguable at best. Swinging faster != Swinging more often, etc. Most e-peen comparisons between them consider only TP phase, but Pole Grip can function on WS too, which makes them dead-even in napkin math, but Pole Grip has potential to actually increase damage in sub-30-second fights instead of that 'stealing a killshot' ***.

Is this math being pulled out from your ***? Wheres Nightfyre when you need him? D:? Sword strap wipes the floor with polegrip with very little effort because its equal to 3% haste which has increasing returns (its calculated before haste iirc?) double attack has decreasing returns.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-19 19:20:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Is this math being pulled out from your ***? Wheres Nightfyre when you need him? D:? Sword strap wipes the floor with polegrip with very little effort because its equal to 3% haste which has increasing returns (its calculated before haste iirc?) double attack has decreasing returns.
Wow, you can't even handle simple multiplication.

It doesnt matter if the .97 comes before or after haste reductions, its sill just 3%.

Its all about probability.

In a 50 second fight (using average from my abyssea party last night) with 60% haste, resulting in 14 melee rounds.

Pole grip has a 1 - .98^14 = 24.6% chance of providing an extra hit.

14 melee rounds at 528 delay with 60% haste is more like 49.28 seconds. Apply 3% delay reduction and you make that same 14 swings in 47.80 seconds. This means someone else's swing has to be within this 1.48 second window to 'steal' their killshot. The shorter the fight, the less likely this is to happen. At any rate you've only advanced 42% of a whole swing, but now you've switched targets and everything goes back to square one.

You catch on to that? Pole Grip has a 1 in 4 chance of doing something every fight, while Sword Strap does absolutely nothing but pad your parse if it even does ***-all.

The 'dead even' part comes from having a hypothetically overlong fight, on the order of several minutes, which shouldn't be happening anyway, but the summation is that Pole Grip's extra hit probability approaches 1.0 just as Sword Strap finally kicks you over the edge into getting an extra hit in.

Theres a bunch more, but I can't be assed to find my alla posts to copypasta.

Enjoy your nonexistant gains.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-08-19 19:21:50
Link | Citer | R

It's not quite equal to 3% haste since it's calculated seperately from haste. I believe the number they quote for it is static 3.09% (100/97) increase in dmg regardless of haste lvls.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-19 19:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
It's not quite equal to 3% haste since it's calculated seperately from haste. I believe the number they quote for it is static 3.09% (100/97) increase in dmg regardless of haste lvls.
Its equal to 3% haste... at zero base haste. This is what needs to be broken over some heads around here.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-19 19:37:14
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia said:
14 melee rounds at 528 delay with 60% haste is more like 49.28 seconds. Apply 3% delay reduction and you make that same 14 swings in 47.80 seconds. This means someone else's swing has to be within this 1.48 second window to 'steal' their killshot. The shorter the fight, the less likely this is to happen. At any rate you've only advanced 42% of a whole swing, but now you've switched targets and everything goes back to square one.

You catch on to that? Pole Grip has a 1 in 4 chance of doing something every fight, while Sword Strap does absolutely nothing but pad your parse if it even does ***-all.

The 'dead even' part comes from having a hypothetically overlong fight, on the order of several minutes, which shouldn't be happening anyway, but the summation is that Pole Grip's extra hit probability approaches 1.0 just as Sword Strap finally kicks you over the edge into getting an extra hit in.

Theres a bunch more, but I can't be assed to find my alla posts to copypasta.

Enjoy your nonexistant gains.

A 1.48 window is a 1.48/47.8 = 3.1% increase in chances to hit. Pole Grip has a 24.6% chance of adding an extra hit which is a 1/16 * 0.246 = ~1.54% increase in damage (increase in WS frequency is equal).

Do these figures look familiar? <_<