Rajas Vs Sattva?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Rajas Vs Sattva?
Rajas Vs Sattva?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-07-21 13:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Also for those who don't have atonement yet...get to it. I got mine at floor 6. Do the math yourself if you want to know how long it took. It's THAT worth it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 13:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I would chose Tamas for pld. the extra MND for cures and extra INT for resisting black magic.

Damn all you noobs, you know nothing..

Yup
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-21 13:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Nepharite said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
wait a minute, if you have sam 80, y play on pld? sam dancer dual wielding katanas for the win, now that the skill cap is higher ><

please post your gearsets, i'm interested in how you play this game.

i did blm/nin to 60 with dual wield int wands and -GA'ed everything from behind the pld with cover :)

no really, rajas is said to be the best ring ever, i dont use it on blm or brd, and i dont have cop done yet, going to solo it or low man at least, bards cant solo too well,
 Fenrir.Mankey
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-21 13:28:52
Link | Citer | R

This whole thread reminds me why I only play with a small group of people and avoid new ppls :( If you are willing to learna and take advice thats cool, but if you are stuck in your ways for no other reason then a Childish "it works better for me" Ih8u
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-21 13:34:04
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Torazalinto said:
Also for those who don't have atonement yet...get to it. I got mine at floor 6. Do the math yourself if you want to know how long it took. It's THAT worth it.

agreed, got mine on floor 25
 Alexander.Nepharite
Serveur: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-21 13:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
wait a minute, if you have sam 80, y play on pld? sam dancer dual wielding katanas for the win, now that the skill cap is higher ><

i did blm/nin to 60 with dual wield int wands and -GA'ed everything from behind the pld with cover :)

no really, rajas is said to be the best ring ever, i dont use it on blm or brd, and i dont have cop done yet, going to solo it or low man at least, bards cant solo too well,

I meant like your current gearsets.
Like what you think a pld should wear or the dual katana sam/nin.

Fill in the boxes:
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 13:35:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Tamian said:
Wow thanks for all your posts guys. I am going to try both... I understand you can drop the ring and get another one after a period of time.

I will try Sattva first. Have in mind that I don't have the time and/or gil to go get those other items. I rarely do ENM, VNM runs and takes me a lot of time to get some gil.

Looks to me he still did take the advice, but the fact he said Career PLD already shouted "He's leaning towards Sattva"

Then saying he doesn't have time to get all the other things. That says he's a player who has other things he does in life, or maybe in game, and camping NMs is not his thing. Or getting gil is not his thing either. Which just puts up a banner saying "I'm going for Sattva" Which in his case, will most likely benefit HIM.

Fenrir.Mankey said:
This whole thread reminds me why I only play with a small group of people and avoid new ppls :( If you are willing to learna and take advice thats cool, but if you are stuck in your ways for no other reason then a Childish "it works better for me" Ih8u

I played with my friends, only really did things with them, and avoided the elitists. Nothing pisses me off more, then elitists.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-21 13:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Nothing pisses me off more, then elitists.

People who spread false information about gear choices annoy me more.

remember those sams saying they out dd hagun sams with their shinsoku?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-21 13:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
i did blm/nin to 60 with dual wield int wands

Because elemental staves sucks

His dual wield wands probably give him more INT ... duh!

He can't do gear swaps because the healers won't be able to cure him !

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

Soki is an appropriate name, indeed.

Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-21 13:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I played with my friends, only really did things with them, and avoided the elitists. Nothing pisses me off more, then elitists.

Imo there is a difference between elitist who yell at ppl for not having AV items/All HQ gear, then ppl who get pissed off when someone is blatantly doing it wrong for no other reason then they are either A. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE B. Can't read English(most likely a Jp Askarz) C. Do it wrong to be "different" because being edgy on the internet is cool
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-21 13:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:

been playing since 2005
didnt have know about the ele staffs until i started blm burning at 60 and changed it up
so 2 years of pld being the best tank, and blm burn being the best exp.
to toah being ninja tp burn best, to now abyssea balance of both tp burn and manaburn, so when something is the best, it can always change
example, the ele staffs are replaceable now with a +5% more damage affinity? right?
but at the same time, will anything replace the rajas for DD
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 13:42:43
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:

You'd use it on brd if you had a dagger DD set for solo.

Your point is moot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 13:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Nothing pisses me off more, then elitists.

People who spread false information about gear choices annoy me more.

remember those sams saying they out dd hagun sams with their shinsoku?

Yes I remember those. And I remember doing it myself, except I used Rindomaru/Onimaru/etc.

And yes, I do use a Hagun.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-21 13:43:13
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:

His dual wield wands probably give him more INT ... duh!

He can't do gear swaps because the healers won't be able to cure him !

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

Soki is an appropriate name, indeed.

ha, i cast what i cast and geared that till 60 with nin sob for shadows and more int, and did lots of damage, low lvl
its true, and it was 2005
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-21 13:43:42
Link | Citer | R

unless they release a STP ring with better DD stats, say haste? Then I really doubt Rajas will be replaced
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 13:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Quote:

Imo there is a difference between elitist who yell at ppl for not having AV items/All HQ gear, then ppl who get pissed off when someone is blatantly doing it wrong for no other reason then they are either A. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE B. Can't read English(most likely a Jp Askarz) C. Do it wrong to be "different" because being edgy on the internet is cool

If someone gets pissed off at how another person does something, then someone needs to get slapped in the face. >_>

Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-21 13:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Soki said:

ha, i cast what i cast and geared that till 60 with nin sob for shadows and more int, and did lots of damage, low lvl
its true, and it was 2005

too bad its 2010 and people know how to play the game now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-21 13:46:17
Link | Citer | R

Let's put it this way:

If you hit something, go Rajas :3

Svatta is situational thus macroed only, and Tamas merely saves you some gil in replacing the need for two of INT and MND rings with a lil extras.

Rajas is rather universal in it's combination of significantly useful stats for any melee class, be it tank or otherwise.
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 13:48:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mankey said:
unless they release a STP ring with better DD stats, say haste? Then I really doubt Rajas will be replaced

You can already replace Rajas as simple as that. But I'm being a smart *** I guess.
 Shiva.Borealis
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-07-21 13:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

You can already replace Rajas as simple as that. But I'm being a smart *** I guess.

lolfullususam
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-21 13:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

Head -> Turban
Hands -> Dusk (+1)
Legs -> Byakko's
Feet -> Fumas
Ring2 -> Rajas
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-21 13:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Leviathan.Tamian said:
Wow thanks for all your posts guys. I am going to try both... I understand you can drop the ring and get another one after a period of time.

I will try Sattva first. Have in mind that I don't have the time and/or gil to go get those other items. I rarely do ENM, VNM runs and takes me a lot of time to get some gil.

Looks to me he still did take the advice, but the fact he said Career PLD already shouted "He's leaning towards Sattva"

Then saying he doesn't have time to get all the other things. That says he's a player who has other things he does in life, or maybe in game, and camping NMs is not his thing. Or getting gil is not his thing either. Which just puts up a banner saying "I'm going for Sattva" Which in his case, will most likely benefit HIM.

you seem to be under the impression that you need some secret super special gear to get benefit out of rajas?

you could gear yourself entirely off the ah for under a million gil in a way that would allow you to perform your job quite well and benefit greatly from rajas

i don't think advising a person to gear intelligently is elitist

no one is telling him he sucks cause he doesn't have ares/ageis

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-21 13:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

Full Usukane on SAM? ...
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 13:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I was trying to find one Turban/Dusk/Byakko but that was the first one I found. lol
 Leviathan.Tamian
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-07-21 13:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

Are you spying on me lol?? That could not be more accurate.

About the Organics comment... the thing I do the most in this game is Campaign Battle, so with all the damn DD out there I can't just go with a Macuahuitl +1 and expect to hold hate, do decent damage and get good exp. Some could use this comment to say that Rajas would work better in campaign battle, but again, I guess I am "old school" and like to take little damage and hold hate on a regular basis outside campaign.

I just want decent gear to play the game as I like, for fun and not just to impress others or avoid hearing crap from elitists.

I was just asking for an opinion, not a judgement.

Peace!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 13:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

That's worse than anything Soki has said in this thread.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-21 13:52:37
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Yeah I was trying to find one Turban/Dusk/Byakko but that was the first one I found. lol
You still forgot Fumas.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-21 13:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Tamian said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

Are you spying on me lol?? That could not be more accurate.

About the Organics comment... the thing I do the most in this game is Campaign Battle, so with all the damn DD out there I can't just go with a Macuahuitl +1 and expect to hold hate, do decent damage and get good exp. Some could use this comment to say that Rajas would work better in campaign battle, but again, I guess I am "old school" and like to take little damage and hold hate on a regular basis outside campaign.

I just want decent gear to play the game as I like, for fun and not just to impress others or avoid hearing crap from elitists.

I was just asking for an opinion, not a judgement.

Peace!

Sattva ring really won't make you take any less dmg worthwhile
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9