Tornado Kick Damage! Did Monk Finally Get An Epic Ws?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Tornado Kick Damage! Did monk finally get an epic ws?
Tornado Kick Damage! Did monk finally get an epic ws?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Diabolos.Jaralto
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Jaralto
By Diabolos.Jaralto 2010-07-06 17:03:45
Link | Citer | R

Sooo... I just did a Tornado Kick for 2634 damage(footwork,dune boots,focus boost)on an EP mob. Im pretty sure I pooped a little. Anyway what has your experience with TK been? I did one today for 1771 and that was my highest ever dmg, then ten min later this happens lol. Im pretty sure the mods are str and vit
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-06 17:04:56
Link | Citer | R

*lvls monk to 80*
[+]
 Diabolos.Jaralto
By Diabolos.Jaralto 2010-07-06 17:06:14
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-06 17:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Tiger we need your testimony :D

Also I heard the OAT h2h from magians + footwork with this = really good DPS.
 Diabolos.Jaralto
By Diabolos.Jaralto 2010-07-06 17:14:52
Link | Citer | R

oh wow, does double attack or OAT work with WS?
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-06 17:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Jaralto said:
oh wow, does double attack or OAT work with WS?

From what I have heard, the OAT magian h2h weapons not only work with each fist, but when combined with footwork applies to kicks as well.
 Diabolos.Gira
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-06 17:15:54
Link | Citer | R

I've experimented with Tornado Kick. I also had a party with a full usu-mnk (Tekni) on my server. We were at mamools she on him MNK me on my PUP. Stringing Pummel did more damage than tornado kick every time with footwork down. Then (cuz we were bored) he full-timed footwork to test stuff out. With Footwork on the whole time Tornado Kick rival'd Stringing Pummel's dmg, on average they did about the same but stringing pummel had damage spikes up to 1,500 damage due to the crits. No time in the whole 2 hours she full timed footwork did she get a 2k WS on mamools though.

On EP (lizards in terrigan) I was on my MNK teamed up with 2 more MNKs and a PUP. We tinkered with Footwork out of boredom, some really shitty 400-600 WS's came out of that. Genome (infamous MNK on my server) was one of the other MNKs and he pulled off a 2.6k tornado kick (once) on an EP lizard.

So... all in all... on Higher level mobs I've never seen this spike damage yet... And overall (unless you have the occ. atk. 2-3 times h2h) footwork and this WS are pretty useless. Even with them h2h and asuran spam might be better.

As of now, I just changed my footwork + Dragon Kick macro into a Tornado Kick macro I just hit once every 5 minutes to make me feel like they aren't useless, lol.

Edit: Should note that one of the main reasons we're going for the occ. atk. 2-3 times weapon is because we've heard good things about footwork with extra attacks and it would give a change of pace we're interested in fooling with... And even if the DPS is crap occ. atk. 2-3 times is GODLY with /dnc. Also I'm sick of farming for virtue stones, lol.
 Fairy.Basilo
Serveur: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 17:16:53
Link | Citer | R

Asuran fists has always been epic anyway. As for tornado kick its not much weaker than dragon kick with same tp both with footwork u either get both hits land and the double attack or you dont. Asuran will still be better when footwork is down most of the time if you cant fulltime footwork with the new oat weapon.

Max 28tp tornado ive done so far is around hmmm 1200 on ar mb, I know ive done as much as that with dragon kick too on same boss. Most ive done on dragon kick is around 2200 with 300tp on ssr imp that I remember obviously Ill get a tornado kick just as strong eventually I will always use it from now on in place of dk but so far I dont see much difference between the two.
[+]
 Diabolos.Jaralto
By Diabolos.Jaralto 2010-07-06 17:18:07
Link | Citer | R

yeah tek is in my ls, ive been spamming him with the dmg in tells, hes afk though XD
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 17:19:46
Link | Citer | R

Full usu monks dont always have good ws builds btw, love that term tho "full usu mnk" like they're automatically gonna be good. Im not supprised ur stringing pummel did more dmg than 100tp tornado kick with footwork down, it should rly, with footwork up though it depends if both hits land or not and weather it double attacks.

[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-06 17:20:02
Link | Citer | R

Btw, do you have/were using Dune boots?
 Diabolos.Jaralto
By Diabolos.Jaralto 2010-07-06 17:21:09
Link | Citer | R

yeah dune boots-footwork-focus(to make sure i get the three hit) and boost of course <~my macro lol
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 17:21:17
Link | Citer | R

Id say he was 2700dmg isnt really easy without footwork and dune boots.
 Diabolos.Jaralto
By Diabolos.Jaralto 2010-07-06 17:21:36
Link | Citer | R

oh snap, no food though
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-06 17:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Basilo said:
Id say he was 2700dmg isnt really easy without footwork and dune boots.

Just making sure. Either way it's great damage, even for an EP. I'm curious how this would look with sneak attack stacked on it.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-06 17:24:36
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Basilo said:
Full usu monks dont always have good ws builds btw, love that term tho "full usu mnk" like they're automatically gonna be good. Im not supprised ur stringing pummel did more dmg than 100tp tornado kick with footwork down, it should rly, with footwork up though it depends if both hits land or not and weather it double attacks.
He blinked into good WS gear, including an Anwig Salade spec'd for melee WS's. I say full usu because everything other than usu is so ridiculously easy to get for mnk that there is no excuse to not have it. (Except Black Belt, that's also a difficult piece for most to get)
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 17:26:59
Link | Citer | R

Anwig shouldnt be set for tornado kick build.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 17:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Either way my point was im not supprised 100tp stringing pummel in a decent build was stronger/as strong as 100tp tornado kick with footwork down.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-06 17:31:13
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Basilo said:

This was 2nd day after the update little information about the WS were out and he hadn't tested it previously, he used what he had to work with, lol. And yes, there are better things than anwig salade to WS in but it's better than WS'ing in usukane somen at least so he used it. Idk what he macros in now I'm sure his tornado kick build is more impressive since he was so excited about making it work.

But yeah, I wasn't surprised either, and I kinda wish he had just clicked off footwork and gone back to fists and asuran to keep up our DPS and exp/hr lol.
 Valefor.Yishay
Serveur: Valefor
user: yishaymnk
By Valefor.Yishay 2010-07-06 17:50:00
Link | Citer | R

i've only done tornado kick as soon as lvl 76 both with and without footwork and i guess i really didn't see much difference. i've done 900-1300 on exp and campain mobs. ahhh i did get spike dmg upwards of 1700 but that's not often. i think alot more testing needs to be done though.

i'll be interested in what genome comes up with though. he seems more complete then most ppl in testing.

last note TK vs SP at a glance i've bested SP and gekko many times over with TK i think TK is great personally.

sorry i ws from 100-150% and for some testing up to 300% i believe the base dmg does go up every 50% with the smallest difference in dmg being from 150%-249%.
 Odin.Ronso
Serveur: Odin
user: RonsoKhim
By Odin.Ronso 2010-07-06 17:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Tornado kick are superior to Dragon kick, dmg has always been higher for me and then the fact that tornado kick can double attack when dragon kick cannot. and for whenever footwork is up even at 100tp it has been higher dmg then asuran fist

if you /drg then you can also gain cap haste with the use of using kyoshu kyahan which is extra 20 atk and acc on the feet with added kick dmg. being /drg is not purely for the haste but that your jump/high jump will gain you around 24-28TP each depending on your gear. Each tornado kick you should end with around 28tp with no miss with added 48-56TP for the jumps its self skill chainable.

therefore if your a /drg kicking mnk you can gain more acc then your normal average punching mnk with cap haste and performing higher dmg ws at a alot faster rate even if you were punching as mnk/war. even so it depends on the user and how they want to play, losing out on your dot dmg and gain ws dmg or vice versa
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 17:59:19
Link | Citer | R

awww *** my brain hurts from reading this thread

Occ attack twice, 2-3 times, weps, ect don't work w/ any WS. The point is they work on TP gain and gets you to your ws very quickly.
Quote:
As for tornado kick its not much weaker than dragon kick with same tp both with footwork u either get both hits land and the double attack or you dont.

haven't seen more wrong in my life. not much weaker than dragon kick? That ***beats the hell out of dragon kick, lol. It's already been mathed out to be an 19% average increase in damage.

Idk the mods at 300 tp, but at 100tp, which is what you'd be using the majority of the time during footwork build, tornado kick beats the ***out of dragon kick.
Quote:
Again, wrong. Tornado kick is a 3hit ws, not a two hit. (Yes, I'm aware of what the description says, it's still a three hit).

With current believed mods, even maat's cap would be considered DMG+5-6. 25 acc ws anwig is going to be 2 DMG minimum from the 4 str, and 25 acc to go towards the second and third kicks, as well as the attack, which does help, since this isn't tachi: gekko.

Any time you're not capping acc, anwig wins, easily.

As for mobs that actually matter, popped this in dyna beauc on an orc mob last week, 100 tp, no boost (I was getting tp faster than boost recast, so could only boost every other ws)

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 18:02:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
i'll be interested in what genome comes up with though. he seems more complete then most ppl in testing.

His best test I can think of is how more agi increases kick attack rate, lmfao
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-06 18:06:43
Link | Citer | R

The Tiger has spoken!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 18:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Ronso said:
then the fact that tornado kick can double attack when dragon kick cannot.

I feel the need to address a portion of my last post to this post because it has not yet been applied to this post (as we were typing at the same time
Quote:
awww *** my brain hurts from reading this thread

They can both proc two DAs during the course of the ws >.>
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-06 18:08:23
Link | Citer | R

@ Tiger (cause quotes won't work >.>)

How is it a 3 hit?

I only see 2 hits.

I've yet to get MNK up the few levels for Tornado Kick yet, but from what I am seeing, I may just do that.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-06 18:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
@ Tiger (cause quotes won't work >.>)

How is it a 3 hit?

I only see 2 hits.

I've yet to get MNK up the few levels for Tornado Kick yet, but from what I am seeing, I may just do that.

I believe it's like Dual Wield, where an extra attack is added, regardless of animation.

I honestly dont know much, MNK is my least played job, but Ive seen Howling Fist give half the TP it normally does sometimes, that was the most reasonable conclusion I came up with without having access to a computer long enough to research it.
 Kujata.Yishay
Serveur: Kujata
user: yishaymnk
By Kujata.Yishay 2010-07-06 18:12:40
Link | Citer | R

good number on the TK tiger i agree with mobs that matter doing WS on EP or DC has never seemed like a solid test. event, exp, etc mobs are a much better test of what any WS can do.

Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 18:14:28
Link | Citer | R

"Tornado kick are superior to Dragon kick, dmg has always been higher for me and then the fact that tornado kick can double attack when dragon kick cannot"

Thats wrong Im sure both ws can double attack.

And idc about ur opinion on this Tiger attempt to prove me wrong I should of clarified that according to wiki there is very little in them at 300tp except tornado gets bigger mod boosts from str and vit apparently. My testing at 300tp has given me about the same dmg is all im saying so far but at lower tp I would always use tornado now.

I wont be bothering with oat footwork weapon yet for a bit so I will only be using tornado kick every 5mins so nothing major for me, I do usually like ur advice Tiger and lolgenome but Id also use same build for tornado kick as i do for dragonkick (low on accuracy). I always thought it was best to run the risk and use full stat build, besides ive seen your footwork dk build in the past its nearly same as mine it doesnt have much acc.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 18:14:33
Link | Citer | R

It's a three hit, check your TP return, wear no double attack gear. There will be a few types of tp return you get.

Tp return identical to one kick (first or second hit lands)
Tp return identical to two kicks (first and second hits land)
Tp return identical to two kicks +1 tp(all three hits land)
Tp return identical to 1 TP (Third kick lands, first two miss)
TP return identical to one kick + 1 tp (First or second hit lands, whichever of those two landed, the other misses, third kick lands).

If you're wearing DA gear, then you can land up to two extra kicks for

Tp return identical to two kicks + 2tp (Full land + DA)
TP return identical to two kicks + 3tp (Full land + 2 DA procs).

If there were not three hits, you would not be able to get this spread.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7