Tornado Kick Damage! Did Monk Finally Get An Epic Ws?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Tornado Kick Damage! Did monk finally get an epic ws?
Tornado Kick Damage! Did monk finally get an epic ws?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-06 18:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
It's a three hit, check your TP return, wear no double attack gear. There will be a few types of tp return you get.

Tp return identical to one kick (first or second hit lands)
Tp return identical to two kicks (first and second hits land)
Tp return identical to two kicks 1 tp(all three hits land)
Tp return identical to 1 TP (Third kick lands, first two miss)
TP return identical to one kick 1 tp (First or second hit lands, whichever of those two landed, the other misses, third kick lands).

If you're wearing DA gear, then you can land up to two extra kicks for

Tp return identical to two kicks 2tp (Full land DA)
TP return identical to two kicks 3tp (Full land 2 DA procs).

If there were not three hits, you would not be able to get this spread.

Hmm.

I think I'll have to level MNK tomorrow :O
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 18:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I always thought it was best to run the risk and use full stat build

This is your problem. Tornado is 3 hits, not two
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-07-06 18:28:37
Link | Citer | R

umm not wearing any conserve tp stuff are u?

also where wold the new head with +5 skill +12 acc and conserve tp fit in also thre 20 att/acc boots and the +5 haste kick boots compared to dunes?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-07-06 18:29:56
Link | Citer | R

oh and why is Genome infamous ?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-06 18:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for the noob input (not a HTH expert or anything) but the Doom Soldier mob in the example takes extra damage from HTH (blunt) anyhow, no?

Tiger's Dynamis NM orc example, or any other EM-VT-IT mob not weak to blunt, is probably a far better benchmark.
 Valefor.Yishay
Serveur: Valefor
user: yishaymnk
By Valefor.Yishay 2010-07-06 18:33:58
Link | Citer | R

genomes opinions usually don't line up with everyone. as for tigers agi comment i think his post did say that needed more testing. but that's for him to comment on i won't speak for anyone
 Fairy.Basilo
Serveur: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 18:36:28
Link | Citer | R

He soloed ODS somehow by getting the scorpions stuck into the ground, he is on mnk quite alot has his journal but his advice is like so 2006, Tiger gives just as good info I must say if he says its 3 hits it most likely is.

Even so I would still personally stick with my dragon kick build for tornado kick and use it with focus up if I can and run high risk of a hit missing. As I would only use it once per when footwork is up I should be quite safe to do so esp as we got 25 h2h skill increase for salvage now too.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 18:38:50
Link | Citer | R

I remember 28tp? I think thats max, 1100ish dmg tornado kick on farruca fly just nq kabob no buffs or debuffs. Seemed fairly strong I assumed all hits had landed.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 18:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
umm not wearing any conserve tp stuff are u?

also where wold the new head with 5 skill 12 acc and conserve tp fit in also thre 20 att/acc boots and the 5 haste kick boots compared to dunes?
Nope, and trust me on this it's a three hit, pretty widely accepted as well (For all forums except this I suppose)
Fenrir.Schutz said:
Sorry for the noob input (not a HTH expert or anything) but the Doom Soldier mob in the example takes extra damage from HTH (blunt) anyhow, no?

Tiger's Dynamis NM orc example, or any other EM-VT-IT mob not weak to blunt, is probably a far better benchmark.

While this is true, they only take an extra 12.5%, which is easy enough to math out where the number woulda been before that dmg was applied.
Valefor.Yishay said:
genomes opinions usually don't line up with everyone. as for tigers agi comment i think his post did say that needed more testing. but that's for him to comment on i won't speak for anyone

It's not about his blog post in all honesty, he was spewing that BS on the wiki forums as one of his contributing factors to why osode is better than togi on a regular basis.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 18:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Basilo said:
I remember 28tp? I think thats max, 1100ish dmg tornado kick on farruca fly just nq kabob no buffs or debuffs. Seemed fairly strong I assumed all hits had landed.
Depends on your ws gear, but if you're sporting Rajas and brutal, that sounds about right. I use ecphoria ring tho as well. Gives me a 6hit build landing 2/3 of the kicks. Nice not to have to depend on that third hit to land every time, many more ws over time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-07-06 18:47:01
Link | Citer | R

can you post your tornado kick set tiger
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 18:50:02
Link | Citer | R

//cancel 68
/equip head "Anwig Salade"
/equip neck "Thunder Gorget"
/equip ammo "Bibiki Seashell"
/equip body "Kirin's Osode"
/equip hands "Tpl. Gloves +1"
/equip ring2 "Rajas Ring"
/equip ring1 "Ecphoria Ring"
/equip waist "Warwolf Belt"
/equip legs "Usukane Hizayoroi"
/equip feet "Dune Boots"
/equip back "Forager's Mantle"
/equip ear2 "Bushinomimi"
/ja "Boost" Tigerwoods
/wait 1
/equip hands "Alkyoneus's Brc."
/ws "Tornado Kick" <t>

Swap to kyoshu kyahan for thf mobs or other evasive mobs for an additional 20 acc, the 20 attack, once boosted and effected by footwork's 10% attack increase, helps offset the dmg loss from dunes.

Also use Usu body instead of osode on /sam (though I need a better build for this don't like losing osode) as the extra stp seals the deal on my 5hit build
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 18:50:22
Link | Citer | R

destroyers, bibiki shell
maats cap or genbu kabuto, thunder gorget, brutal earring, bushi earring
osode, alkys, triumph, rajas
dune boots, hachi pants, warwolf and cerb+1 is mine

Is my footwork >> DK build which I only use once every 5mins tbh I planned to/I do use same build for tornado now.

I know you asked for Tiger's but Im just throwing mine in there.
 Diabolos.Jaralto
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Jaralto
By Diabolos.Jaralto 2010-07-06 18:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said:

Yeah, i was just really proud 2634 is all time high :P
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-07-06 18:56:36
Link | Citer | R

not familiar with monk at all but what weapon do you use if you intend to fulltime footwork? or is it dumb to fulltime footwork specifically for tornado kicking, playing around on a char with all the gear you have but not really sure how kick attacks or footwork operates after reading wiki
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-07-06 18:58:13
Link | Citer | R

i'd guess its silly to fulltime footwork, but only playing around on mnk lol
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 18:59:51
Link | Citer | R

Ill let Tiger explain the OAT weapon and the new rage of fulltiming footwork.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 19:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
i'd guess its silly to fulltime footwork, but only playing around on mnk lol
Magian trial occ attack weapons work on footwork, wargfangs (occ attack twice) have about a 40% double kick rate (closer to 50ish once you account for kick attacks). Ursine claws, once accouted for kick attacks, while they can't attack 3 times (even tho says 2-3 times), they have over a 70% double attack rate.

So you're looking at a 5-6 hit build depending on sub, double attacking more often than not, with tornado kick to boot. Aside from the fully upgraded spharai, it's mnk's best build atm
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-07-06 19:07:55
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Basilo said:
He soloed ODS somehow by getting the scorpions stuck into the ground, he is on mnk quite alot has his journal but his advice is like so 2006, Tiger gives just as good info I must say if he says its 3 hits it most likely is.

Even so I would still personally stick with my dragon kick build for tornado kick and use it with focus up if I can and run high risk of a hit missing. As I would only use it once per when footwork is up I should be quite safe to do so esp as we got 25 h2h skill increase for salvage now too.

a tp move they do gets them stuck in ground for short period of time.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-07-06 19:09:09
Link | Citer | R

damn.. wish i had time to do those trials x_x
 Cerberus.Lumei
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-06 19:26:17
Link | Citer | R

What would be a good ACP body for this actually? I'm looking to get rid of the mage one I have and make a light melee body.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-06 19:34:41
Link | Citer | R

If you wanted it just for this ws then possibly a mirke with 10 acc and 2% DA or 2% DA and 2% WS dmg if that was an option. Obviously best tping and asuran fist body from ACP for mnk is 10acc and 10attk though.
 Cerberus.Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-06 19:39:04
Link | Citer | R

Well currently all I have for Monk body wise is Osode, though... at 78 theres that new Abyssea body that looks ***hot for tp.

[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-06 19:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Lumei said:
Well currently all I have for Monk body wise is Osode, though... at 78 theres that new Abyssea body that looks ***hot for tp.

Unless I'm completely missing something, this is worse than Mirke with ACC+10 DA+2 options, and even that's not the best choice for MNK as far as Mirke goes.
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-06 20:05:16
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Lumei said:

Unless I'm completely missing something, this is worse than Mirke with ACC 10 DA 2 options, and even that's not the best choice for MNK as far as Mirke goes.

Yeah you can make a better body out of mirke than Aurore, but that's also your ACP body; which you get one of. Some people need their ACP body for pet mods, or a quick draw swap, or such. You need to look at marginal gain when you choose your ACP body. ACP with acc/dbl attack would only be 1 str 1 dex 2 acc better than aurore; is that a bigger improvement than other options for other jobs or builds?

Back to the topic of the WS:

I never bothered much with footwork or kicks because their damage was obviously inferior, even just from eyeballing it. Now with occ. atk. 2-3 times H2H and a better kick WS things look like they could be changing... so question to anyone who's already spent hours testing...

Do Kick Attack II + merits + possible gear have a chance to proc on a kick WS like double attack? Or is double attack the only way to get an extra kick in tornado kick?
 Cerberus.Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-06 20:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Lumei said:

Unless I'm completely missing something, this is worse than Mirke with ACC 10 DA 2 options, and even that's not the best choice for MNK as far as Mirke goes.

Yeah you can make a better body out of mirke than Aurore, but that's also your ACP body; which you get one of. Some people need their ACP body for pet mods, or a quick draw swap, or such. You need to look at marginal gain when you choose your ACP body. ACP with acc/dbl attack would only be 1 str 1 dex 2 acc better than aurore; is that a bigger improvement than other options for other jobs or builds?

I never bothered much with footwork of kicks because their damage was obviously inferior, even just from eyeballing it. Now with occ. atk. 2-3 times H2H and a better kick WS things look like they could be changing... so question to anyone who's already spent hours testing...

Do Kick Attack II merits possible gear have a chance to proc on a kick WS like double attack? Or is double attack the only way to get an extra kick in tornado kick?

I always assumed KA were just an extra attack during TP round and had no baring on WS.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-06 20:13:08
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Lumei said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Lumei said:

I never bothered much with footwork of kicks because their damage was obviously inferior, even just from eyeballing it. Now with occ. atk. 2-3 times H2H and a better kick WS things look like they could be changing... so question to anyone who's already spent hours testing...

Do Kick Attack II merits possible gear have a chance to proc on a kick WS like double attack? Or is double attack the only way to get an extra kick in tornado kick?

I always assumed KA were just an extra attack during TP round and had no baring on WS.

Correct
 Diabolos.Gira
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-06 21:16:47
Link | Citer | R

I assumed the same thing, but figured I'd ask if anyone had ever bothered to check; never know.
 Diabolos.Tekni
By Diabolos.Tekni 2010-07-06 22:42:07
Link | Citer | R

I believe my highest Spike in Xp party on mamools was 1416 at 300%, Mediocre ws gear (dune anwig usubody ) My avg TK damage in that party was 1k, a high end asuran on mamools with destroyers, (Ive never broken 1100 on mamools with asuran, ive done 1097 before)
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-06 22:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Magian trial occ attack weapons work on footwork, wargfangs (occ attack twice) have about a 40% double kick rate (closer to 50ish once you account for kick attacks). Ursine claws, once accouted for kick attacks, while they can't attack 3 times (even tho says 2-3 times), they have over a 70% double attack rate.

Do you have any proof to back that up?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7