Tornado Kick Damage! Did Monk Finally Get An Epic Ws?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Tornado Kick Damage! Did monk finally get an epic ws?
Tornado Kick Damage! Did monk finally get an epic ws?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Diabolos.Tekni
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Tekni 2010-07-07 00:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Tiger has a pair of the OAT h2h.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Serveur: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-07 00:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure there's been somewhat extensive testing on them already.
 Valefor.Yishay
Serveur: Valefor
user: yishaymnk
By Valefor.Yishay 2010-07-07 01:00:27
Link | Citer | R

i'm pretty sure TK is two hits ... i say that cause it says it's two hits ... other then tp checking is there proof of three hits?
 Ramuh.Tousou
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-07-07 01:01:26
Link | Citer | R

/facepalm
 Diabolos.Jaralto
user: Jaralto
By Diabolos.Jaralto 2010-07-07 01:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yishay said:
i'm pretty sure TK is two hits ... i say that cause it says it's two hits ... other then tp checking is there proof of three hits?
lol dude, promise you its three hits;; b/c on normal rounds i do 3-400 -or- 7-800 -or- 11-1400. there ya go
 Valefor.Yishay
By Valefor.Yishay 2010-07-07 01:14:53
Link | Citer | R

but se said 2 i just don't see it i guess
 Cerberus.Lumei
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-07 01:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Hi2u H2H weapons. H2H is considered to be just like dualweild. Whenever you do a weaponskill, the weaponskill is done with the main hand. After the main hand hits, the offhand also lands a hit. This is shown by the extra TP return you get. Reguardless whether you use footwork or not you always get an extra "offhand" hit.

What does this mean? Every ws, that monk has is a multi hit. Dragon Kick? 2 Hits. Asuran? 8 hits. Combo? 4 hits. Raging Fists? 6 hits.

With the exception of asuran, each of these weaponskills are also subject to addition of double and triple attack. Remember 8 hits in a round is the game's cap.
 Valefor.Yishay
By Valefor.Yishay 2010-07-07 01:27:02
Link | Citer | R

yeah i got that much .. i'm just going by what i see i gues
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-07 01:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Ah I see. So whatever amount of hits it says in the description only applies to the "main hand" punch, followed by the secondary after punch, which under WS rules only give 1 TP, while the initial hits from the WS itself add whatever amount your punch/FW kick give +1 assuming you land everything and don't have double attack. Correct?
 Cerberus.Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-07 01:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yishay said:
yeah i got that much .. i'm just going by what i see i gues

If you arent getting full TP returns, then you are missing hits. Add more Accuracy.

Like such with Asuran, assuming 5 tp a punch your return should be: 5 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 or 16 tp returned.

On Combo, assuming 5 tp a punch, your return should be: 5 + 5 + 1 + 1 or 12 tp returned.

On Dragon kick, assuming 5 tp a punch w/o footwork being up during ws, your return should be 5 + 1 or 6

On tornado kick, asuming 5 tp a punch w/o footwork being up on ws, your return should be 5 + 5 + 1 or 11

On any of these WS (except asuran lolcappedatkround) you would also add +1 for each double attack proc.

Also remember when calculating your TP per round, the game has hidden decimals that it doesnt quite show but still counts so you can actaully be hitting for say.. 4.5 tp a round and shows up as a 9 tp attack round.

Fenrir.Tool said:
Ah I see. So whatever amount of hits it says in the description only applies to the "main hand" punch, followed by the secondary after punch, which under WS rules only give 1 TP, while the initial hits from the WS itself add whatever amount your punch/FW kick give 1 assuming you land everything and don't have double attack. Correct?

Yes IIRC the first two main hand hits of a WS give full TP retun then all hits after give tp of 1, including offhand, double attacks and triple attacks. This is universal for all multi hit ws when dualweilding or using h2h.

Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-07 01:45:15
Link | Citer | R

It's a shame Occ Atk weapons dont function like double/triple attack does. Would be godly if it stacked onto WSes like triple/double attack.

Anyways, I couldn't get quote to work, so C&P ftl
Tigerwoods said:
//cancel 68
/equip head "Anwig Salade"
/equip neck "Thunder Gorget"
/equip ammo "Bibiki Seashell"
/equip body "Kirin's Osode"
/equip hands "Tpl. Gloves +1"
/equip ring2 "Rajas Ring"
/equip ring1 "Ecphoria Ring"
/equip waist "Warwolf Belt"
/equip legs "Usukane Hizayoroi"
/equip feet "Dune Boots"
/equip back "Forager's Mantle"
/equip ear2 "Bushinomimi"
/ja "Boost" Tigerwoods
/wait 1
/equip hands "Alkyoneus's Brc."
/ws "Tornado Kick" <t>

Swap to kyoshu kyahan for thf mobs or other evasive mobs for an additional 20 acc, the 20 attack, once boosted and effected by footwork's 10% attack increase, helps offset the dmg loss from dunes.

Also use Usu body instead of osode on /sam (though I need a better build for this don't like losing osode) as the extra stp seals the deal on my 5hit build

I'm curious what //cancel 68 is for, and since Tornado Kick isn't a WS that gives that huge atk boost like YGK does, wouldn't you want bandos over alkys? Just curious.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-07 01:46:30
Link | Citer | R

68 is Warcry.

Idk why either.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-07 01:48:11
Link | Citer | R

Totally forgot the cancel plugin has codes for all the buffs for immediate console command use.

Ah, that's because warcry cockblocks boost, which is significantly stronger than warcry, especially with AF+1 gloves.

Great for the TP phase, but really screws up MNK in the WS phase.
 Diabolos.Tekni
By Diabolos.Tekni 2010-07-07 01:49:25
Link | Citer | R

Str mod, And boost does not stack with warcry.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-07 01:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Tekni said:

Ah yes. It was confirmed STR & VIT like DK right?
 Cerberus.Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-07 01:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
68 is Warcry.

Idk why either.

I'm assuming he's trying to push his FSTR to cap to get the most out of his weapon damage since he's hitting with a 90~ dmg weapon at this point with footwork, boots, and base h2h dmg. I also believe he's trying to abuse the fact that unlike Asuran (lol10%) Tornado is thought to have a much larger STR mod on it, which in effect will also push dmg quite a bit higher. Its something liek 35-40% no?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-07 01:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I'm pretty sure combo and raging fists are 3 and 5 hits respectively just like the description. Classically for H2H it's been if it says number of hits, that's the real number, but if it doesn't say, it's 2 hits. That's probably why there's the confusion over this thing.
 Diabolos.Tekni
By Diabolos.Tekni 2010-07-07 01:53:15
Link | Citer | R

From what i understand, yea ( to the stat mod question)
 Cerberus.Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-07 01:54:22
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure combo and raging fists are 3 and 5 hits respectively just like the description. Classically for H2H it's been if it says number of hits, that's the real number, but if it doesn't say, it's 2 hits. That's probably why there's the confusion over this thing.

The description is the main hand hits only. You also attack with your offhand hit during ws for one extra hit. Combo is 4. Raging is 6. Asuran is 8. Tornado is 3. The rest are all 2. This is all fact. Math has proven it. Its 100% true. If you dont see full tp return you are missing hits.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-07 01:56:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm just glad for once Footwork isn't entirely useless like it was once before.
 Cerberus.Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-07 01:57:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
I'm just glad for once Footwork isn't entirely useless like it was once before.

It wasnt useless. It was situational. It worked great for a counterstance/subblow build on mobs you didnt wanna spam tp on. Like say Yovras or Jailor of Faith.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-07 02:03:23
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious know, is there a static amount of delay in number or percent given from activation of footwork? I know haste helps lower the delay as for everything else, but I'm curious what this FW brings the base delay to in general.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-07 02:04:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Lumei said:
The description is the main hand hits only. You also attack with your offhand hit during ws for one extra hit. Combo is 4. Raging is 6. Asuran is 8. Tornado is 3. The rest are all 2. This is all fact. Math has proven it. Its 100% true. If you dont see full tp return you are missing hits.

Whatever, I'll prove it to you once I'm home and in front of the game and can combo a few dozen mobs, but combo, raging fists, and asuran are all accurate. Maybe some new programmer there wasn't familiar with past conventions but if nothing else, combo sure as HELL isn't 4 hits.
 Cerberus.Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-07 02:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
I'm curious know, is there a static amount of delay in number or percent given from activation of footwork? I know haste helps lower the delay as for everything else, but I'm curious what this FW brings the base delay to in general.

I'm not sure, but IIRC footwork bypasses your weapon completely in terms of delay and base dmg, and adds +150 delay and +18 base damage. So you should be sitting at 450~ Which is about the same as the adverage Great Katana in terms of delay.

@Unicorn.Tarowyn

Make sure:

1) You have no Double Attack Traits or gear.
2) You have no Conserve TP gear.
3) You correctly calculate your TP per hit to a whole number and not a decimal. 5 tp per hit as opposed to 4.8. Do this by recording many attack rounds. If you are getting 5 tp per hit, you should always be 5 10 15 20 25 etc etc.
You also need to discount TP you get from the monster hitting you.
4) You need to make sure the monster A) has enough HP to live through the attack and for all hits to land and B) has low enough evasion for all hits to land.

Record 100 WS doing the above and present.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-07 02:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Tekni said:
I don't understand the str mod part (if that were the case, why would war EVER use warcry?) But yes, you're right in that it doesn't stack with boost.

18.75% attack > w/e warcry gives
 Cerberus.Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-07 02:26:56
Link | Citer | R

Warcry subbed is something like 10% IIRC
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-07 02:27:36
Link | Citer | R

These are still probably useless, but I'm kind of curious if Useshi or Meteor Cesti have any decent use with FW prior to finishing the OAT/3 magian weapon.

Especially with Tornado Kick out.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-07 02:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Do you have any proof to back that up?
Do some research, there's data on both alla mnk forums and on BG, lot's of data on them, actually
 Cerberus.Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-07 02:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
These are still probably useless, but I'm kind of curious if Useshi or Meteor Cesti have any decent use with FW prior to finishing the OAT/3 magian weapon.

Youd be better of just using Destroyers, Faiths, or Hades and just punching.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-07 02:29:52
Link | Citer | R

2 things

(1) Tornado kick is only good with footwork
(2) With footwork, a high DMG H2H can make it worse to footwork
tigerwoods said:
Magian trial occ attack weapons work on footwork, wargfangs (occ attack twice) have about a 40% double kick rate (closer to 50ish once you account for kick attacks). Ursine claws, once accouted for kick attacks, while they can't attack 3 times (even tho says 2-3 times), they have over a 70% double attack rate.

So you're looking at a 5-6 hit build depending on sub, double attacking more often than not, with tornado kick to boot. Aside from the fully upgraded spharai, it's mnk's best build atm

I found footwork + OAT to be less than 1% better than non footwork + OAT, and that's if you assume same DA rate and asa pants with KA+5 haste3 on footwork. As soon as you don't have brisk mask for instance, and have to use usu body, you lose 4% crit 5% DA on body and standard H2H wins. Also at level 80, not using faith torque is -1 DMG. Not using byakko is 1 to 2% crit (at least one) and some accuracy loss that could be needed or not.

Finally, and this is the biggest fail of OAT in general and footwork in particular, there is TP spam. 16 TP given per kick, 7.9 per punch. I have OAT weapons giving 15 to 20% more TP than normal H2H for what seems to be a pathetic increase in damage.

Also we are only 80... If SE doesn't release upgrades to poise shoes it's going to fail hard (you will need those haste 5% and moar DMG at each level because the high damage path will go up in DMG too)

edit : just wanted to say really that the best stuff from the update was OAT procing on both hands, not tornado kick.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7