Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk Resolution GS / Builds
Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 50 51 52
By volkom 2011-12-27 22:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »
WSDAM+10% > TPbonus > STR

Actually if you are using the att from the STR GS its.

WSDAM+10% > STR > TPbonus

Playing with the spreadsheet I have Fulgurante trashing all other options even when you factor in ODD/OD2.5 from Cala/Rag....pretty depressing for us Cala owners lol.
Rag is moreso for the crit rate. The OD2.5 is a nice addition yes but crit rate @50%+ is what breaks ragnarok.
really? Cala would fall behind like that :| now I want a buff for torcleaver lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-12-27 23:03:14
Link | Citer | R

Just curious, but where would Ogier's Breeches fall in terms of legs for Resolution?
By volkom 2011-12-27 23:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »
Just curious, but where would Ogier's Breeches fall in terms of legs for Resolution?
i would think bale flanchard +2 would still be better?
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-28 08:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »

Bale always wins.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-28 11:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok has a significantly higher damage rating than most other greatswords (if not the highest) and the Massive acc bonus on the weapon itself allows more flexibility with builds.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, that's the general idea I get from it regarding Weapon skills with Ragnarok.

Edit: Queston!

What's the Rate of OD 2.5 on a 95 ragnarok?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-12-28 11:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Ragnarok has a significantly higher damage rating than most other greatswords (if not the highest) and the Massive acc bonus on the weapon itself allows more flexibility with builds.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, that's the general idea I get from it regarding Weapon skills with Ragnarok.

Edit: Queston!

What's the Rate of OD 2.5 on a 95 ragnarok?

15%
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-28 11:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Ragnarok has a significantly higher damage rating than most other greatswords (if not the highest) and the Massive acc bonus on the weapon itself allows more flexibility with builds. Correct me if I'm wrong though, that's the general idea I get from it regarding Weapon skills with Ragnarok. Edit: Queston! What's the Rate of OD 2.5 on a 95 ragnarok?
15%

20% according to bgwiki (on apoc at least). I knew the rate went up recently. I think 15% is what it starts at at 75
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-28 12:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Ragnarok has a significantly higher damage rating than most other greatswords (if not the highest) and the Massive acc bonus on the weapon itself allows more flexibility with builds. Correct me if I'm wrong though, that's the general idea I get from it regarding Weapon skills with Ragnarok. Edit: Queston! What's the Rate of OD 2.5 on a 95 ragnarok?
15%
20% according to bgwiki (on apoc at least). I knew the rate went up recently. I think 15% is what it starts at at 75

Its 15% for 2.5 weawpons.

All around Rag should be the best GS but OAT is right there with it, if ACC is capped and buffs are high OAT is crazy good.
 Sylph.Ballzack
Serveur: Sylph
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-12-28 12:39:35
Link | Citer | R

What you guys think of this set?
 Sylph.Bowserx
Serveur: Sylph
user: Garasu
By Sylph.Bowserx 2011-12-28 13:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Best set for it that comes to mind

Ele Gorgets/Belts don't work to well for this WS you will get better numbers loading up on the STR mod
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-28 13:16:55
Link | Citer | R

what?.. elemental gorget/belt are a must for this WS.

Anyway, this is my Fulgurante high ACC set (6 hit) when DE and SE are down. I am debating if I should use rose + blitz ring or arbuda + tyrant's.

Any suggestion will be great. Thank you.

Berk is only 3 stp and 1 DA.

Blitzer is 3 haste 7 acc.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-28 13:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Bowserx said: »
Best set for it that comes to mind Ele Gorgets/Belts don't work to well for this WS you will get better numbers loading up on the STR mod

Ele belt/gorget are a must.........

I'd lose the heafoc as well, unless you just romp around in lolAbyssea.
 Siren.Necromage
Serveur: Siren
user: Necromage
By Siren.Necromage 2011-12-28 13:28:45
Link | Citer | R

Ele Gorgets/Belts don't work to well for this WS you will get better numbers loading up on the STR mod

I've been hearing the complete opposite o.o
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-28 13:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah cause abyssea is the only event right? Even still
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-28 13:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Necromage said: »
Best set for it that comes to mind Ele Gorgets/Belts don't work to well for this WS you will get better numbers loading up on the STR mod
I've been hearing the complete opposite o.o

Gear
Caladbolg (90)
Rose Grip
Bomb Core
Twilight
Bale
Brutal
Bale
Valk breastplate
Heafoc
Rajas
Pyrosoul
Atheling
Beir +1
Bale +2
Bale +2

2277 - average WS

Gear
Caladbolg (90)
Rose Grip
Bomb Core
Twilight
Gorget
Brutal
Bale
Valk breastplate
Heafoc
Rajas
Pyrosoul
Atheling
Ele.Belt
Bale +2
Bale +2

2705 - average WS

Its such a big difference you can eye ball it ingame.

Interesting note Valk with TA3 edges out Ace's
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-28 13:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Interesting note Valk with TA3 edges out Ace's

Where do you get those wonderful toys?
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-28 13:41:59
Link | Citer | R

Yea, if you stack STR too much, it will eventually means that every 3 str gives you 1% of damage. So Ace's 7 STR advantage means only a bit over 2% in damage. TA3 itself will mean 6% increase. It just isn't going to be as consistent, but you will see alot of 8 hit resolutions and at the end average out better.
 Ragnarok.Zapxthebest
By Ragnarok.Zapxthebest 2011-12-28 14:29:04
Link | Citer | R

My current build http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/242147
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-28 15:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zapxthebest said: »

I'd stay away from using heafoc to be honest, not on a 5 hit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-28 15:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Nothing wrong with Heafoc tbh. I haven't noticed any ACC issues on any tier VWNM
Especially with temps like Stalwarts and Braver's ACC rly shouldn't be an issue
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-28 15:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Dunno it's doable, especially with capped diabolic eye. (Aggressor Up Gear could be good to remedy any -acc.)

Twilight Helm/Belt/Gorget/Ace's Mail/Bale+2/Dilaram's should have covered acc/dex.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-28 15:18:09
Link | Citer | R

Heh, I'm a little sceptical of multi hit WS's and - acc gear I guess x.x
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-28 15:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Surprised myself but even on an insanely Evasive mob Heafoc comes out ahead of Avant+1. (using the rest of his set)
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-28 15:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Nothing wrong with Heafoc tbh. I haven't noticed any ACC issues on any tier VWNM Especially with temps like Stalwarts and Braver's ACC rly shouldn't be an issue

It is mostly due to the fact that you have 35 accuracy from Ragnarok, which allows you the freedom to drop accuracy on your TP and WS set. For those of us who are less fortunate, we can't ignore accuracy.

I use stalwarts, braver's, SE/DE rotation, and on Ig-Alima, I parsed 70% accuracy with your pretty standard TP set. My set even focus slightly more accuracy than most do due to the fact on how easy it is to 6 hit OAT GS. I use phasmida/tyrant combo instead of the common goading/blitz combo, I use blitzer's with 7 accuracy 3 haste when most go with Calmacec, I use Ryuta-Sunate for the 10 accuracy when most go with Ace's leggings. So it is really not that I ignore accuracy.

I can't really see how you can tell if you have or not have accuracy issue on WS when in VW, you have such huge amount of regain, that it becomes extremely difficult to consistently get feedback from the TP return on WS. So I generally compare my WS gear to my TP gear and see the difference and determine my expected WS accuracy base on that. From what I can tell, unless you are using Twilight Mail, you are not capping accuracy on WS with heafoc mitt without Ragnarok.

I think Taint has the same reflection as me as he said that he was parsing in the mid 80s on some of the higher tier VW, and that's with Apoc, extra scythe skill, superior gears (you see how he has practically everything... HQ) and aftermath gears which focus more on acc. So I am not sure how some of you still think you are capped on accuracy. Parse it and you will see it is really not the case. Heafoc mitt is the death touch on your WS damage that some of you are ignoring.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-28 15:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Surprised myself but even on an insanely Evasive mob Heafoc comes out ahead of Avant+1. (using the rest of his set)

Hmmm, that's very odd if you are not capped on accuracy. Are you sure you put in the full stats on Avant+1? the 2% DA should come very close in offsetting the 6 str, and each 2 accuracy is 1% if you are not capped.
 Bismarck.Artanticos
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2011-12-28 15:44:49
Link | Citer | R

I cant seem to wrap my head around how the 104D OAT GS beats out everything else. Can someone point me to the math?

How close are STR path/WS damage? 1200 ws killshots sounds like a giant pain in the ***
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-28 15:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Artanticos said: »
I cant seem to wrap my head around how the 104D OAT GS beats out everything else. Can someone point me to the math? How close are STR path/WS damage? 1200 ws killshots sounds like a giant pain in the ***

Strong WS with 100% mod makes the base damage of the GS less important then WS frequency.

The 480 delay with 40% ODD means it WSs very frequently and does have a respectable base damage.

WS damage GS is a solid option, STR GS not so much.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-28 16:00:51
Link | Citer | R

because if you compare TP phase, it is practically a 156 dmg weapon (40% more swings), so first of all, you are not missing anything during TP phase compare to other higher base damage weapons. If you use SE or Endark, the extra swing will mean more than higher base damage due to the fact that those damage are fixed per swing.

You are losing on the per WS damage, tho not by alot because the WS has such a high modifier, that you have a huge WSC, making your D + fstr proportionally smaller in the full formula.

What you lose on the per WS damage, you gain back by WSing approximately 30% more. The reason it is not a full 40% is due to TP overflow, but when you TP overflow, you WS harder cuz your WS ftp is modified by your tp. So you are gaining more than 30% in overall WS damage from OATing.

At last, you are also WSing faster due to hit build. 6 hit build is a norm for OAT GS when Caladbolg or Ragnarok need to sacrifice alot to 6 hit. The easiness to 6 hit allows for more accuracy gear elsewhere, and if accuracy isn't needed, you have the option to 5 hit.

So basically, combining all that, you have a very powerful weapon that is perfect for this WS. The downside is that any DA you put in your TP gears are almost halved in effectiveness due to the fact that the DA don't stack with OAT DA (similar to how haste doesn't stack with delay reduction, it is accounted for one after the other). Also, you are WSing so much that you are subjected to the 2 sec delay after every WS. So in the end, it narrows the gap a little in term of WS frequency. Tho in generally those are really small factors.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 50 51 52