First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 12:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
Better than ele belts for this??? http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10828/windbuffet-belt

Not even in the ballpark. Resolution has a super low ftp .
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-26 12:50:58
Link | Citer | R

belt adds 0.1/0.81 assuming you are already using neck. So you can do the math, it is not close. Gorget and belt are so broken for these WSs that I am afraid SE might eventually nerf it, it is that powerful. You are talking about 1 piece adding 10-15% of your damage.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-12-26 14:20:37
Link | Citer | R

the *** is all the OaT GS *** <.< get a caladbolg 300% torcleaver for aftermath than spam resolution in voidwatch you can /war too witch is huge for the -40% attack the WS has and safe because it doesnt kill your xhit.. i parse in the range(most the time we are like 1% diff sometimes i win sometimes him) of a 95 amono sam with 85 caladbolg even..
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-26 14:30:32
Link | Citer | R

Attack penalty is 8%, not 40% anymore.

Also, OAT is good because the delay is much higher meaning it is easier to 6 hit and possibly 5 hit if accuracy isn't a concern. On top of that, you are OATing 40% of the time, so your WS frequency is alot higher.

I will agree with you on the part that VW is all about temp item and atmacite, so you will pretty much be WSing all the time regardless since with save tp, regain atmacite, and monarch's drink, you will rarely even TP, making hit build and OAT less productive.

However, there is also another side of the argument. If you are rarely TPing, the ODD also becomes less of a factor. So it is a double edged sword.

In addition, lvl 85 Caladbolg is 109 base damage, lvl 99 OAT is 104 base damage. You are not WSing much harder with Caladbolg when using resolution. At best, thanks to the high WSC of resolution, the difference on base damage is really small in the WS formula (in this case, approximately 2% if even that, from the 5 base damage).

The point is really, if you are not bringing Caladbolg beyond lvl 90, OAT is your best bet. I have a Caladbolg at lvl 90, so I am not really sour graping this whole thing.
By volkom 2011-12-26 14:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Go /thf for sa 300% torcleavers followed up by resolutions. Can do some hate control that way too :p
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-12-26 14:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
Attack penalty is 8%, not 40% anymore.

Also, OAT is good because the delay is much higher meaning it is easier to 6 hit and possibly 5 hit if accuracy isn't a concern. On top of that, you are OATing 40% of the time, so your WS frequency is alot higher.

I will agree with you on the part that VW is all about temp item and atmacite, so you will pretty much be WSing all the time regardless since with save tp, regain atmacite, and monarch's drink, you will rarely even TP, making hit build and OAT less productive.

However, there is also another side of the argument. If you are rarely TPing, the ODD also becomes less of a factor. So it is a double edged sword.

In addition, lvl 85 Caladbolg is 109 base damage, lvl 99 OAT is 104 base damage. You are not WSing much harder with Caladbolg when using resolution. At best, thanks to the high WSC of resolution, the difference on base damage is really small in the WS formula (in this case, approximately 2% if even that, from the 5 base damage).

The point is really, if you are not bringing Caladbolg beyond lvl 90, OAT is your best bet. I have a Caladbolg at lvl 90, so I am not really sour graping this whole thing.

had to open parse of last pil i did and WS damage was not that far from melee damage still melee at 36.21 (it aint abysseas huge melee>WS ratio tho.)

i wont outright say the OaT weapon sucks because it doesnt just cant put my mind around making that weapon when you could go for 90+ caladbolg and still be winning and have a better weapon to work for.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 14:43:13
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Go /thf for sa 300% torcleavers followed up by resolutions. Can do some hate control that way too :p

troll attempt?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 14:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lugat said: »
had to open parse of last pil i did and WS damage was not that far from melee damage still melee at 36.21 (it aint abysseas huge melee>WS ratio tho.)

Thats exactly why OAT works so well. Your ODD from Cala is offset by the faster WSs of OAT.

Miser+Atmacite is 37-45 TP + WS should make a 6hit a 3hit, which heavily favors the higher delay of OAT. Most of the time you should be able to WS > Round > Round > WS.

The downside is Fighters roll > Tactician's roll which favors Cala.

Either way you should be /sam for med,sekka and the potential to save a swing to 100tp.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-12-26 14:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
volkom said: »

troll attempt?
think noob just laughing at the /war stuff (lrn to math /war is the best option in voidwatch unless you are losing a xhit)
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 14:54:27
Link | Citer | R

/sam is greater then /war. In the fastest zergs you'll be capped on attack the entire time making berzerk worthless. You shoudl also have fighters roll which lowers the DA value from /war. Add that to sekka, med and hasso if the fight last longer then 3min and /sam is a clear winner.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-26 14:54:33
Link | Citer | R

I also have a parse from yesterday against Ig-Alima with OAT that my melee:ws ratio was 23:77 (68 total Resolution in 1 fight). It really depends on your build. And if you have that even of a split, then that fits exactly my point that you are WSing slower, TPing more, and is using a weaker WS. The thing with this WS is that it is so strong that you will be best to spam it as much as possible, and OAT GS fits that perfectly (lower hit build, less tping, more WSing). I know how powerful Caladbolg is, I outparsed amano SAM on Uptala multiple times, and he was the one who was parsing and elected to tell me the result (none of us died).
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-26 14:55:41
Link | Citer | R

/sam is greater then /war. In the fastest zergs you'll be capped on attack the entire time making berzerk worthless. You shoudl also have fighters roll which lowers the DA value from /war. Add that to sekka, med and hasso if the fight last longer then 3min and /sam is a clear winner.

I love /SAM but I find myself barely using hasso since I'm 5/5 Desperate Blows, I end up popping Seigen/Thirdeye and riding Soul Eater. With Last Resort up I'm sure it only adds acc/str
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-12-26 14:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Thats exactly why OAT works so well. Your ODD from Cala is offset by the faster WSs of OAT.

Miser+Atmacite is 37-45 TP + WS should make a 6hit a 3hit, which heavily favors the higher delay of OAT. Most of the time you should be able to WS > Round > Round > WS.

Either way you should be /sam for med,sekka and the potential to save a swing to 100tp.
well first off im dissing the OaT because at 99 it is compariable to a 85 caladbolg dont really see it being even close to 90-99 caladbolg

i agree with the rest other than the /sam stuff

a SINGLE(even slow VW fights do not last long enough to use even 3) med/sekka will not beat out the 10%DA bonus STR and berserk that /war gives

as i said before tho /war WILL LOSE if /sam is taking a hit off
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-26 15:00:28
Link | Citer | R

well first off im dissing the OaT because at 99 it is compariable to a 85 caladbolg dont really see it being even close to 90-99 caladbolg

a SINGLE(even slow VW fights do not last long enough to use even 3) med/sekka will not beat out the 10%DA bonus STR and berserk that /war gives

Okay though so for people like me who are putting 1500 plates toward another weapon, say my Ukon. Caladbolg would be lucky to be 90, what would win out? 90 Caladbolg or 99 OaT :S
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-12-26 15:01:49
Link | Citer | R

monster def data please last few parses i did /sam showed i was not capping attack
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-12-26 15:02:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Okay though so for people like me who are putting 1500 plates toward another weapon, say my Ukon. Caladbolg would be lucky to be 90, what would win out? 90 Caladbolg or 99 OaT :S
caladbolg
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-26 15:08:21
Link | Citer | R

not even close. At lvl 90 caladbolg is 120 base damage, OAT is 104, 16 base damage is barely 6-7% in WS damage. OAT will likely WS much more than 6-7% more. You can do the math. I think lvl 95 caladbolg might be able to challenge it, but at lvl 90 it is not close. I have both so it is not like I am doing paper math only.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 15:10:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I love /SAM but I find myself barely using hasso since I'm 5/5 Desperate Blows, I end up popping Seigen/Thirdeye and riding Soul Eater. With Last Resort up I'm sure it only adds acc/str

As long as Fanatics is up you can ride Hasso. Or some of the mobs thrideye is useless, you should use Hasso. Don't forget about the str and acc boost.

Quote:

Lugat, if you aren't capped on att you are damn close, esp since all your fights go smooth and end in 3min or less you should never have attack problems. /sam in a zerg always nets you more WSs and with your quoted 36/64% split that is a lot more damage.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-26 15:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Also, the reason why OAT is even more appealing with Resolution is due to the 100% mod, which makes base damage neglectable. With around 180 str, your WSC is about 150, adding your D and fstr, which in lvl 90 Caladbolg's case is 120 + 21 = 141. So your D + fstr + WSC is 291.

For OAT, it is 104 + 19 + 150 = 273. So 291/273 = 6.5%. 16 base damage gives you 6.5% WS damage. Not to mention you should really be able to reach 190 str, and perhaps 200 in the future when better gears come out. That will further dilute the value of D + fstr in the formula.

At lvl 95 Caladbolg, the WS damage will start to show, couple that with the ODD there might be a chance, but certainly not at lvl 90.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-12-26 15:21:37
Link | Citer | R

/sam in a zerg always nets you more WSs
not sure if trolling

unless you are losing a xhit)

so more WS but not changing your X-hit? a single WS from sekka is all i can acount for and 60TP from med? even a small amount of pdif offsets that
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-26 15:28:35
Link | Citer | R

And really trust me when I say this. I love my Caladbolg and I spent a lot of time getting it (I got it in the early stage when it was still consider fairly time consuming), but I am not going to use a weapon just because I spent alot of time on it. I am going to use the better one.
By volkom 2011-12-26 15:32:57
Link | Citer | R

But it has a potent aftermath. Why would you not use it if you're going drk
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-26 15:34:59
Link | Citer | R

I am starting to love your sarcasm xD
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 15:35:40
Link | Citer | R

not sure if trolling
so more WS but not changing your X-hit? a single WS from sekka is all i can acount for and 60TP from med? even a small amount of pdif offsets that

There is no set xhit in VW. Going from a 8-9 hit (/war) to a 7hit /sam will save you a hit with your average miser roll. Any roll over 18save TP will net you a nice 4 hit with a Cala /sam 7hit. You also gave 10acc which does matter, you parse like I do. Pdif in a short zerg will be capped with RCB,LR,Endark on any mob you can always zerg in 3min. Meditate will last through 2-3 WSs when buffed and any overage benefits http://ftp.

/war was dead a long time ago and VW did not bring it back for DRK.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-12-26 15:37:25
Link | Citer | R

not sure if trolling

There is no set xhit in VW.
saveTPmathIsSoHardBROSOiSReGAINe
By volkom 2011-12-26 15:37:49
Link | Citer | R

You need an avatar :3 preferably a bleach one
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-26 15:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Why not? Save TP procs even if your WS misses and accounting for regain is hardly a new idea. You just need 20 less TP to WS, so your STP count and effective xhit changes.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 15:42:44
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Why not? Save TP procs even if your WS misses and accounting for regain is hardly a new idea. You just need 20 less TP to WS, so your STP count and effective xhit changes.

COR rolls 11-25 are the normal miser values. 8 tp swing with a weapon that gets 12-16tp a round makes a difference.

(I have to edit post at work to write more then a few words)
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-26 15:46:42
Link | Citer | R

I get TP so fast on WAR, I swear at myself when I use a Dusty Wing and realize I already had 100% TP. I'm sure DRKs are in the exact same boat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-26 15:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Its not that easy. Miser roll saveTP varies. There is 6 TP regain from atmacite + monarch alone. Sometimes you have marches and sometimes not which makes all this regain hard to acount for xhit. Generally its best to make haste/att/acc/QA/TA/DA set and only put sTP where its not a trade off for those stats I mentioned.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52