Ragnarok.Lugat said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »
/sam in a zerg always nets you more WSs
not sure if trolling
as i said before tho /war WILL LOSE if /sam is taking a hit off
unless you are losing a xhit)
so more WS but not changing your X-hit? a single WS from sekka is all i can acount for and 60TP from med? even a small amount of pdif offsets that

There is no set xhit in VW. Going from a 8-9 hit (/war) to a 7hit /sam will save you a hit with your average miser roll. Any roll over 18save TP will net you a nice 4 hit with a Cala /sam 7hit. You also gave 10acc which does matter, you parse like I do. Pdif in a short zerg will be capped with RCB,LR,Endark on any mob you can always zerg in 3min. Meditate will last through 2-3 WSs when buffed and any overage benefits http://ftp.

/war was dead a long time ago and VW did not bring it back for DRK.

But didn't you juse say this about SAM in VW?

Even in VW you'll still have a 3hit either way.

Sounds like a definitive X-hit statement to me. Sure the variance in Miser's is an issue, but calculating for worstcase scenario still allows you to significantly change your gear sets around to compensate. You can't build a set around lucky Miser's + Atmacite but can at least make allowances for base returns.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 16:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Akkarinn said: »
But didn't you juse say this about SAM in VW?
Even in VW you'll still have a 3hit either way.
Sounds like a definitive X-hit statement to me. Sure the variance in Miser's is an issue, but calculating for worstcase scenario still allows you to significantly change your gear sets around to compensate. You can't build a set around lucky Miser's + Atmacite but can at least make allowances for base returns.

I use SAM/WAR, different job, different rules. Its not like WARs are going to start subbing DRK for LR.

My 3hit statement assumed a /sam DD, and I was saying you can't make exact sets just base sets with odds in your favor.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-26 16:33:31
Link | Citer | R

I think what Taint meant to say when he said there is no hit build in VW is that the more TP/hit you get from your build the better, because eventually it might help cut a hit with all the madness around it.

Therefore, it counters the statement from Luget stating that if /war doesn't make you lose x hit build, you should sub it. The thing is that, regardless what happen, you will always get more TP/hit subbing SAM, and even if that extra TP doesn't cut a hit on paper, it might eventually be the case when you do VW.
By volkom 2011-12-26 16:48:58
Link | Citer | R

/sam has more survivability options for drk too. if attack is a problem, eat more curry buns!
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 16:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
I think what Taint meant to say when he said there is no hit build in VW is that the more TP/hit you get from your build the better, because eventually it might help cut a hit with all the madness around it. Therefore, it counters the statement from Luget stating that if /war doesn't make you lose x hit build, you should sub it. The thing is that, regardless what happen, you will always get more TP/hit subbing SAM, and even if that extra TP doesn't cut a hit on paper, it might eventually be the case when you do VW.

Well put
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-26 16:50:07
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
/sam has more survivability options for drk too. if attack is a problem, eat more curry buns!
Survivability in VW ? How so ?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 16:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Survivability in VW ? How so ?

Qilin can be effectively tanked /sam is a great example.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-26 17:22:41
Link | Citer | R

The only thing NOT dangerous about Qilin with Seigan is Deadly Hold. The rest goes through third eye. I wouldn't call riding Fanatics as "tanking."
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-26 17:57:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
The only thing NOT dangerous about Qilin with Seigan is Deadly Hold. The rest goes through third eye. I wouldn't call riding Fanatics as "tanking."
Cuz Deadly Hold goes thru Fanatics right ? :3
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-26 18:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Consider a line break between the second and third sentence, if that helps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-26 18:44:08
Link | Citer | R

Consider a line break between the second and third sentence, if that helps.
I was agreeing with you lol, being sarcastic that DH would go through fanatics and making /sam useful when it rly doesn't D:
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-12-27 01:02:17
Link | Citer | R

not even close. At lvl 90 caladbolg is 120 base damage, OAT is 104, 16 base damage is barely 6-7% in WS damage. OAT will likely WS much more than 6-7% more. You can do the math. I think lvl 95 caladbolg might be able to challenge it, but at lvl 90 it is not close. I have both so it is not like I am doing paper math only.

And really trust me when I say this. I love my Caladbolg and I spent a lot of time getting it (I got it in the early stage when it was still consider fairly time consuming), but I am not going to use a weapon just because I spent alot of time on it. I am going to use the better one.
So you're saying I wasted my time getting a 90 caladbolg? Wouldn't Aftermath at least make up for the lack of WS Frequency doing Torcleaver/Resolution pattern? Something tells me not even that will save it... D:

/sigh time to make a ***' OAT GS then I guess
By Ashman 2011-12-27 12:22:24
Link | Citer | R

I don't get why the tp bonus GS isn't in the running at all for this. Can someone explain it to me in "I'm not good at maths"?
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-27 12:31:59
Link | Citer | R

TP bonus GS is only about 10% increase in your WS damage and it adds nothing to your WS frequency etc. It is good, but nothing special really.

You are thinking about SAM with Shoha, which the TP bonus GK will give around 30% increase in WS damage, and that my friend, is something special.

There really isn't a huge jump from 100% tp to 200% tp for resolution, but there is a huge jump for Shoha in that regard.

PS: You are better off using the GS with WS dmg +10%. That one has 117 base damage vs 110 base damage from the TP bonus one. 7 base damage should give you around 2+% WS damage on top of the 10%. In the end, they are about even, but I would rather get the WS dmg +10% one since you get nothing out of the tp bonus GS when you have 300% tp in some rare occasion.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-27 13:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Tailswing and Tailsmash can be 3rd eyed.

The other 3 moves aren't threatening. Very easy /sam tank.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-27 15:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Ok, really debating what to do now with a couple modification on my resolution set after my testing shows that the first hit accuracy bonus isn't applied to all subsequent hits like its ftp:

This is what I am thinking when I don't have to worry about accuracy. I like Avant Gauntlets there cuz I hate the -accuracy from Heafoc on a multi hit ws, and the damage isn't too bad consider 2% DA is equally good as the str difference (Every 2-3 str is about 1% damage).

However, on mobs like Ig-Alima, which has a fair amount of evasion, I am thinking about subbing out either the body or head for things with slightly more accuracy.

Ideally I would love to sub out body for Ace's Mail, but Uptala doesn't like me.... so I am currently using Twilight Mail for huge accuracy boost. However, it might be overkill a little so I was thinking alternatively, I can just use twilight helm for the 10 dex. I mean, if my WS accuracy isn't capped, 7.5 accuracy is better than 6 str and 8 attack. The problem is just how much accuracy do I really need for mobs like that.

I would prefer to overkill in accuracy a little, tho not by much, but connecting all hits, and any DA hits are really the most important things. I do use SE and DE one after another, and have spellcast for when those buffs are up, but I just want to ask for some opinions.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-27 16:16:15
Link | Citer | R

TP bonus GS is only about 10% increase in your WS damage and it adds nothing to your WS frequency etc. It is good, but nothing special really.
Yeah I definitely take back what I said about TP Bonus weapons and Atma of the Smiting Blow for Resolution and Entropy. Either is only ~14% more damage for 100 TP Bonus, while Griffon's Claw gives you 20% and the +WS Damage makes up more than 10% with the extra base damage and fSTR bump, and both work at 300TP.

My suggestion for putting together TP and WS sets is to match their accuracy values, then build two or more tiers of accuracy setup you can switch between with macros or spellcast groups.

If you WS accuracy is matched to your melee accuracy you'll always hit better than your melee hit rate because of capped 1st hit. If you shortparse or eyeball some low melee accuracy on a mob you're new to you can just change groups/macros and bump both melee and WS accuracy up in stride. It might only change a few pieces in a set, but it means you're prepared for such and have already prevented yourself from breaking hitbuilds or anything else silly.

Remember: Accuracy is universally good. It's possible to have too much, but if you need any at all you're gonna need it on your TP set too.
By volkom 2011-12-27 16:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Caladbolg/ragnarok or gtfo
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-27 16:54:21
Link | Citer | R

Caladbolg/ragnarok or gtfo
[+]
By volkom 2011-12-27 17:06:12
Link | Citer | R

I got a question. For the mediocre or decent geared drk that uses resolution, would the str/attack Gs be a better choice than the to or 10% dmg one?
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-27 17:16:47
Link | Citer | R

I got a question. For the mediocre or decent geared drk that uses resolution, would the str/attack Gs be a better choice than the to or 10% dmg one?
Rough sidegrade. 444 delay instead of 456 delay might make something annoying. If you're mediocre to decent I don't figure you'd have Ground Strike unlocked to actually do the WSDmg trial.
By volkom 2011-12-27 18:07:22
Link | Citer | R

I can't view the wiki clearly on my phone but what's the stats on the str Gs? I'm pretty sure it's like low 100s right?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-27 18:15:43
Link | Citer | R

I can't view the wiki clearly on my phone but what's the stats on the str Gs? I'm pretty sure it's like low 100s right?

D'ya mean this~?
Str 11 Attack 26
By volkom 2011-12-27 18:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

D'ya mean this~?
Str 11 Attack 26
yeah that. Would the 11 str be better than the other ones? I wouldn't think the difference would be that big
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-27 18:21:09
Link | Citer | R

I would say WS dmg +10%, but I don't know how much of an impact that str/attack would give, I doubt enough outweigh a 10% increase though.
By volkom 2011-12-27 18:22:25
Link | Citer | R

hmm be nice to know lol
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-27 18:32:59
Link | Citer | R

I can't wrap my head around ffximath D:
I'll learn one day! :3
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-27 18:35:00
Link | Citer | R

WSDAM+10% > TPbonus > STR

Actually if you are using the att from the STR GS its.

WSDAM+10% > STR > TPbonus

Playing with the spreadsheet I have Fulgurante trashing all other options even when you factor in ODD/OD2.5 from Cala/Rag....pretty depressing for us Cala owners lol.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-12-27 19:00:54
Link | Citer | R

Can't collect krabkatoa pops fast enough >.<
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-27 19:20:42
Link | Citer | R

WSDAM+10% > TPbonus > STR

Actually if you are using the att from the STR GS its.

WSDAM+10% > STR > TPbonus

Playing with the spreadsheet I have Fulgurante trashing all other options even when you factor in ODD/OD2.5 from Cala/Rag....pretty depressing for us Cala owners lol.
Rag is moreso for the crit rate. The OD2.5 is a nice addition yes but crit rate @50%+ is what breaks ragnarok.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 50 51 52