Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52
 Phoenix.Rhealana
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Rhealana
By Phoenix.Rhealana 2013-06-14 15:27:21
Link | Citer | R

You need quite a bit of accuracy to land Resolution on Delve bosses. However, I think Letalis+Fracas would be a better combination over Atheling+Bomblet.

I'm running with this:
ItemSet 30493

Miki legs are R11, planning to take to 15.
By macsdf1 2013-06-14 22:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
macsdf1 said: »
This my ws set

ItemSet 304345

r15 on the miki stuff. Will swap on miki feet when I get them to r15.

This set looks brutal, but do you really need that much acc?
Which food are you using?

Edit : I worded it wrong. Why fire bomblet in ammo? (that's what I was curious about).

I fight naakuuls, gotta pile on the acc
 Siren.Alk
Serveur: Siren
user: Alkai
By Siren.Alk 2013-06-27 11:31:14
Link | Citer | R

How does Borealis rank among current GS post Adoulin? Safe to say it's trash I suppose? Haven't been playing alot lately so might be a stupid question but I'm still curious.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-06-27 11:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Alk said: »
How does Borealis rank among current GS post Adoulin? Safe to say it's trash I suppose? Haven't been playing alot lately so might be a stupid question but I'm still curious.

Borealis with a base dmg: 129
vs.
Bereaver (base: 209) or Senbaak (base: 246)

Speaks for itself.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-06-30 15:57:42
Link | Citer | R

so with bereaver how much stp i need sub sam for 6 hit?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-30 16:37:28
Link | Citer | R

42 Store TP total. /SAM is 15.
 Bismarck.Greezy
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2013-07-02 19:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
This my ws set

ItemSet 304345

Why would you do STR path on Feet?

This is a very good question. Why WOULD you do STR path on the feet. they are excellent stp piece if gone accy/dex path.
 Valefor.Starscreamx
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Starscreamx 2013-07-02 19:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Greezy said: »
This my ws set

ItemSet 304345

Why would you do STR path on Feet?

This is a very good question. Why WOULD you do STR path on the feet. they are excellent stp piece if gone accy/dex path.

Those feet are Bayld purchaced not the Mikinak gear........
 Bismarck.Greezy
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2013-07-02 19:59:59
Link | Citer | R

was referring to macsdf1 ws set comment...
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2013-07-03 09:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Whirlpool Greaves beat Rank15 Mikinaak, unless you need the store TP from them in order to maintain your xhit.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-03 10:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Squah said: »
Whirlpool Greaves beat Rank15 Mikinaak, unless you need the store TP from them in order to maintain your xhit.

Blanket statment:

Path A
0-1 fSTR 1 haste 3acc vs 2-3att stp5

Path B
9-10att 3fSTR 1 Haste vs 9-10acc stp5

Whirlpool
[Feet] All Races
DEF:59 STR+13 MND+13 Accuracy+13 Attack+20 Haste+5%
LV 99 WAR PLD DRK BST SAM DRG

Mikinaak Path A
[Feet] All Races
DEF:37 Attack+25 Accuracy+10 STR+10 "Store TP"+5 Haste+4%

Mikinaak Path B
[Feet] All Races
DEF:37 Attack+20 Accuracy+15 DEX+10 "Store TP"+5 Haste+4%
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2013-07-03 10:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Taint. I was on my phone, kinda hard to copy/paste relevant info.

Edit: meant Path A Miki, since that is what was mentioned above
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-06 14:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Figured this was the best place for these questions.

Finally got a Bereaver and upped it to Rank 14 in the first 10 minutes. Soon to be 15. But anyways these are my TP/WS sets at the moment:

ItemSet 307102

ItemSet 307103

Bereaver = Rank 14, path A
Armada = DA +3/STP +3
Mikinaak Gauntlets = Rank 6, path B
Mikinaak Greaves = Rank 6, path B
Moonshade = Attack/TP Bonus

My first question is, with capped GS skill with merits and 12 merits in DEX as a hume, what are the best food options with these sets against fracture fodder (assuming double march, fighter/chaos rolls), and which food would be best against Delve NMs (not the bosses)?

Second question is about what pieces to upgrade next. I will probably pick up a second Pyrosoul Ring soon. The next Delve armor on my mind is the Mikinaak pants, path A since they seem to beat the Flanchard +2 almost right out of the gate. I'm not sure about the Mekira-oto +1 and the Phorcys body though. What path A rank (if ever) does the Mikinaak Head and Body beat my 2 WS head/body pieces?
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-07-06 15:03:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Figured this was the best place for these questions.

Finally got a Bereaver and upped it to Rank 14 in the first 10 minutes. Soon to be 15. But anyways these are my TP/WS sets at the moment:

ItemSet 307102

ItemSet 307103

Bereaver = Rank 14, path A
Armada = DA +3/STP +3
Mikinaak Gauntlets = Rank 6, path B
Mikinaak Greaves = Rank 6, path B
Moonshade = Attack/TP Bonus

My first question is, with capped GS skill with merits and 12 merits in DEX as a hume, what are the best food options with these sets against fracture fodder (assuming double march, fighter/chaos rolls), and which food would be best against Delve NMs (not the bosses)?

Second question is about what pieces to upgrade next. I will probably pick up a second Pyrosoul Ring soon. The next Delve armor on my mind is the Mikinaak pants, path A since they seem to beat the Flanchard +2 almost right out of the gate. I'm not sure about the Mekira-oto +1 and the Phorcys body though. What path A rank (if ever) does the Mikinaak Head and Body beat my 2 WS head/body pieces?

I personally don't use the tp you have above because I feel it doesn't have enough acc in it. However on your ws set

Everytime I have used the spreadsheet for mini body rank 15 str path on adoulin content I have it winning everytime. Even with hunters and madrigals on.

If your doing VW or below I still get phorcy winning.

Oto+1 is still best until you get yoyo helm from tojil.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2013-07-12 17:51:48
Link | Citer | R

get miki legs 15 before anything else. also, from personal performance parsing (can ask sambb about this), I don't use spreadsheets because I don't have an editer atm, but basically you can lower your STP to 27. opening the door for things like dynamic belt(+1), balehands/head, fire bomblet, enif corazza, karieyh hands, mar's ring, asperity necklace, ect. what gear do you have available?
 Bismarck.Artanticos
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2013-07-15 09:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Do Buremte Gloves have any use in TP/WS?
 Sylph.Otsego
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2013-07-21 21:34:12
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 308463

ItemSet 307512

I know it needs a few tweeks, outside of obvious delve pieces, what I really need to know is head slot. I know Yaoyotl Helm is far superior, for now that is out of reach for me. Looking for constructive criticism, I do delve on DRK, and I know I am in need of more accuracy. My 5 hit changes out when I obtain Asperity Necklace and Steelflash Earring.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-06 16:47:48
Link | Citer | R

Does the new Mikinaak hands beat Phorcys gloves assuming you're using Mikinaak Rank 15 Body so you have no set bonus from Phorcys? I assume Path A Mikinaak Rank 15 feet also beat Kareiyh feet for WS now also?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-08 10:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Does the new Mikinaak hands beat Phorcys gloves assuming you're using Mikinaak Rank 15 Body so you have no set bonus from Phorcys? I assume Path A Mikinaak Rank 15 feet also beat Kareiyh feet for WS now also?

Anyone know? I want to say yes, but I really can't say for sure.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-08 11:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Miki Body,Hands,Legs,Feet (R15 STR) are all best in slot for Resolution.

Personally I'd still R15 DEX feet for future content since Whirlpool are so close to R15 STR feet already.

I have always preferred to overstack ACC for TP for endgame content.
[+]
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2013-08-08 12:01:22
Link | Citer | R

so is it even worth having armada hauberk with good aug's on it anymore?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-08 13:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Phatstackodax said: »

To 5hit Senbaak

ItemSet 309125
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-08-09 10:10:07
Link | Citer | R

Did u str path hands and feet? Guess we dknt need that much acc anymore and also hands has already a lot of dex on but low str
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-09 10:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Evihime said: »
Did u str path hands and feet? Guess we dknt need that much acc anymore and also hands has already a lot of dex on but low str

I did

STR - Body,Legs,Hands
DEX - Feet

Use Miki feet for Xhit TP, Whirlpool for other TP and WS.
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-08-09 13:45:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I have r15 dex path feet, made em when acc was relevant, was thinking that maybe now we dont need that acc anymore, idk about the dDeX tho.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-22 13:38:48
Link | Citer | R

So this Cizin stuff. I have R15 Miki Body, Hands, Legs, Feet. At a quick glance it seems none of these new Skirmish pieces are worth it. Am I wrong about that? Just curious.
By anderxero 2013-08-22 20:36:22
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so I've been collecting gear for a while, swapping out parts here and there and seeing various changes to my damage output, but lately, especially the more Delve gear I get, I find that my numbers are somewhat disappointing (especially for Resolution (Bereaver), which I expected to outperform Entropy (Xbalanque) by a good margin). I feel like I'm missing some detail that should be obvious.

Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction, so here's a list of what I have and maybe you guys can make something better of it (and if you explain why you make the choices, I'll know better in the future. I hope to do Bosses eventually, but for now I'm primarily concerned with Delve fodder.

The items I'm using are either bold (TP) or italic (WS), the rest is stuff I have available

TP Set WS Set

Main: Bereaver
Sub: Pole | Tzacab
Ammo: Fire Bomblet | Fracas | Bomb Core | White Thathlum
Head: Quauhpilli | Same | Bale+2 | Mekira
Neck: Ganesha's | Soil Gorget | Asperity
Ear1: Steelflash | Brutal | Ethereal
Ear2: Bladeborn | Bale
Body: Mikinaak | Same | Pak | Ace's | Bale+2 |Karieyh
Hands: Mikinaak | Avant+1 | Bale+2 | Karieyh
Ring1: Rajas | Pyrosoul | Tyrant's
Ring2: Ambuscade | Sljor (These rings are probably part of the problem)
Back: Atheling | Same | Attacker's
Waist: Zoran's | Soil Belt | Goading | Phasmida | Dynamic | Windbuffet | Anguinus
Legs: Cizin | Mikinaak | Gorney | Bale+1 | Karieyh
Feet: Mikinaak | Gorney | Bale+1 | Karieyh

All Mikinaak pieces are Rank 3 or 4 atm (AAAB paths), Bereaver is rank 13. Cizin augment is +1 atk, -1% pdt (Got that first try, 5 following tries were all -1% pdt by itself)

I know there are a number of items that I should get that I'm working on (such as Moonshade). I'm also open to suggestions of items to go after, although if it's not from Wildskeeper, Skirmish or Delve, requires more than myself and one other person or costs more than 1M gil, it's not likely available to me (such as Armada/Valkyrie).
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-23 05:42:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Phatstackodax said: »

To 5hit Senbaak

ItemSet 309125

If you don't have augmented Armada or a Ganesha's Mala, does Pak + Asperity Necklace work in this set as replacements or is there still better options?
 Odin.Brozzzz
Serveur: Odin
user: Brozzzz
By Odin.Brozzzz 2013-08-23 06:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Been playing around with the new cizin gear, and it seems with the gear limitations you've stated this would likely be your best bet.

ItemSet 311650

Cizin gear has DA+2 augmented on each piece.

***Something to compare, I have this set a little bit above Taint's set. Monster was Tojil with full buffs / debuffs.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-08-23 08:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Here are my sets after getting some of the Cizin equipment. Recently began working on a Damage taken- set, to go with my Idle (Regen/Refresh) and Dark Magic sets. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of space.

Cizin appears to be decent equipment for those looking to get into Delve and have yet to do so. It also has very high values of Defense and VIT, along with possible PDT- augments.

Bearing in mind I still have not have done Tojil or Daqu, so no Yaoyotl, K'ayres or Whirlpool.
Mikinaak Ranks: Feet (13), Body (10) Legs (6) Hands (0)
Bereaver is Rank 15.

ItemSet 280988

Getting Miki feet to 15 is a priority for this TP set. The Store TP on Cizin hands are pretty valuable, but become less so if you can get hold of more STP from other sources (Armada, K'ayres) and get Mikinaak hands to 15.

ItemSet 281005

Once again, Cizin greaves enter the set due to a lack of Mikinaak upgrades. As for Gorney Sollerets, I am not actually sure whether the lack of STP (Karieyh gives +5 STP) is effecting me, but it feels like STP is not as important nowadays due to being much more likely to overflow with TP on Double/Triple/Quad attacks. Gorney has more STR, Attack and Accuracy.

Miki hands would go over Phorcys after sufficient upgrades.

As for Mekira +1, I only use this full time because I do not use Spellcast, and I do not wish to make a separate macro (and having to check the day all the time), just to make sure I get that marginal boost from Quauhpilli Helm.

ItemSet 311654

Had this set for a while, and would take quite a bit to upgrade. I suppose I could try for a Dark Earring? Nevertheless, this set serves me well for Endark, Drains, Absorbs (Absorb TP brings in hands) and Dread Spikes (Bale+2 body comes in).

495 Dark Magic Skill

ItemSet 311655

This is a definite work in progress, so don't shoot me.

-Dark Rings are PDT-5 MDT-5 and PDT-6 Breath-4.
-Black Earring and Darkness Earring have PDT-1 each (Gave up trying for -2 on these after repeating this quest for many hours!)

I do not have Mekira body from Kaggen, or Ogier's Head from Kalasutrax. Unlucky on those drops.
I like this set to have some haste and accuracy in it, which is why I am using Buremte here. Also the cure effect is a bonus.

Do not have any PDT on the Cizin equipment yet, but when I do, it will have a much better place in this set. The defense, VIT and PDT are pretty unique for a complete set.

Also I am 4/5 Phorcys, not having the feet means I have to use Gorney until Cizin feet are augmented.

ItemSet 311656

Just upgraded this a little lately. Wiglen and Gram are pretty cheap on my server.
Gram loses you TP when ya bring it in. If I don't seriously need that extra refresh, I can put the Gram into my Sack for when I do need it. Also great for those situations where you know death is imminent and you have no RR.

8 HP Regen, 4 MP Refresh. Bale Choker can be brought in for more Refresh.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52