Denali Bonnet Or Wally Turban

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Denali Bonnet or Wally Turban
Denali Bonnet or Wally Turban
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13
By Klimzar 2010-03-25 00:50:16
Link | Citer | R

OK, i just got Denali Bonnet and i was curious which is better for DNC in a solo/duo/trio situation, and why
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-25 00:54:30
Link | Citer | R

Personal preference imo.

But really as long as you use turban for ni/ichi it wont make much difference for TP. Minus 1 haste for extra atk+3. Solo it's decent for fulltime excluding shadow casts, but eva+ from ohat would prolly be more beneficial for solo.

Then again I'm a thf and rely on eva for most things excluding recasts
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-03-25 00:58:19
Link | Citer | R

For casting - Turban.
For higher haste situations - Turban.
For soloing and you need the evasion - Optical Hat.

Bonnet's really not that great except on a mannequin.
[+]
By Klimzar 2010-03-25 00:59:17
Link | Citer | R

but does that 1% haste really make that much of a difference when casting shadows?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-25 00:59:44
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Vincentius said:
For casting - Turban.

Actually Bonnet is great for Light/Dark Shot and for TA.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-25 01:00:21
Link | Citer | R

my opinionated opinion on this is that denali bonnet is never good.

here's my reasoning:

assuming evasion matters, hit rate will likely matter. because of this, optical hat is better than walahra and denali bonnet. reason being is that 5% hit rate compares to 4% haste. And while I agree that 4% haste will likely contribute more to DPS than 5% hit rate, it's pretty close. But we are saying evasion matters, and 5 more evasion just makes Ohat more attractive for solo. Swapping-in Walmart for recast of course.

If hit rate doesn't matter, it's not likely 5 evasion will matter either. The result is walmart being best.

Again, just my opinion.

tl;dr version - if evasion matters, use ohat. if not, use walmart.

edit: wow several people beat me to it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-25 01:02:28
Link | Citer | R

hell if an item gave me .5% increase on casting I'd macro it in. Closer to ni recast cap the better.

Only reason I got denali was for TA peice and for fashion.

It's hella cute on mithra.
 Sylph.Starstrukk
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-03-25 01:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Attack+3 isn't even remotely comparable to Haste +1. Like above said, if you're trying to evade, go with the Optical hat.
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Then again I'm a thf and rely on eva for most things excluding recasts

You rely on evasion for damage?
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-25 01:03:36
Link | Citer | R

For solo?
 Sylph.Starstrukk
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-03-25 01:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
For solo?

Do you need evasion to survive?

Yes-> O Hat.

No-> Turban.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-25 01:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah.. said that. I was talking about EVA while solo. DMG is the last thing I'm thinking of when I'm soloing unless it comes to WS. I like to live.

edit: and I'm not talking soloing dc~T mobs. NMs, IT etc.
[+]
 Sylph.Starstrukk
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-03-25 01:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Yeah.. said that. I was talking about EVA while solo. DMG is the last thing I'm thinking of when I'm soloing unless it comes to WS. I like to live.

edit: and I'm not talking soloing dc~T mobs. NMs, IT etc.

Then O Hat it is. :)
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-03-25 01:16:53
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:
For casting - Turban.

True, but we were discussing DNC here.

If this evolved to all jobs, then it changes a lot.

And in regards to TA, you're talking to a Maat's cap owner. lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Barthalomew
Serveur: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-03-25 08:42:10
Link | Citer | R

IMO, Denali and Askar head should never be used over Turban. I laugh evertime I see people TPing in them. 1% Haste > anything that Denali or Askar provide. So yeah.. Either toss the bonnet or put it on your mannequin.

The End.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-25 08:48:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
What you mean is that there are better options. The fact that there is a better option doesn't make something bad. It's just not optimal.

What makes it bad is that the optimal option takes a ridiculously less amount of effort to get, so you go out of your way to perform at a lesser standard.

For example, use Okote vs Bkote. Okote are great. Yes, it has 2 attack less than bkote, but will definitely last you until you can get them.

Now let's say you Bkote are easier to get than Okote, provided you're not in level sync, why the *** would you wear Okote?
[+]
 Cerberus.Ciecle
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2010-03-25 08:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Denali Bonnet has limited uses... It makes a good mnd+ helm with its haste+ to give Blus a good casting helm for free, Mnd+4 Haste +4% kind of beats haste+5% in this type of situation. I know everyone will kind of shoot me for this statement, but thats really the only use that I ever see for it. Then again, I'm a blu >.> lol (Yay for being able to heal for 500+ when its needed :x)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-25 08:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Personally, I like Denali Bonnet, but that's because I think the turban looks ugly as hell, and I'm willing to trade out that 1% haste for a little bit of attack and a little bit of evasion and a significant amount of style.

Also, this is the reason I wish there were more players like you on XI and that they'd make any gear w/ decent stats ugly as ***. Would reduce lines for me to get items for sure.

Also, my turban kicks ***
[+]
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2010-03-25 09:55:30
Link | Citer | R

veg... I mean tiger, take a gif from me :D bored + PC =

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp214/KeiFreeman/fun.png

and here your turbantkick *** more

@on topic.

again this thread?, check Monk forum for the last @denali vs turbant fight
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-25 09:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Darkei said:
veg... I mean tiger, take a gif from me :D bored PC =

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp214/KeiFreeman/fun.png

and here your turbantkick *** more

@on topic.

again this thread?, check Monk forum for the last @denali vs turbant fight
lmfao
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-03-25 10:00:36
Link | Citer | R

It's all about preference and how bad you think 1% Haste matters.

I use the Denali on my THF because I'm a solo THF. When I need Acc or Eva, I use my O. Hat. I switched between my Wally and Denali and parsed it and found no difference what-so-ever in my DPS.

Besides, what's not to like about Haste and Evasion in one? Albeit it's lower than Wally and O. Hat, it's convenient for more solo and practical uses like casual farming.

Depends on how you play DNC/THF etc. If you're looking at doing the most amount of damage in the least amount of time, use your Wally.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-25 10:01:29
Link | Citer | R

Wally turban is a tp piece and can only be compared as such. You've made bonnet an evasion piece. If you need the +5 evasion more than the hp + and haste of wally you should be using o hat. Denali offers nothing as a tp piece to replace the 1 haste, unlike wally
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-25 10:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Wally and Denali and parsed it and found no difference what-so-ever in my DPS.

Lol. You know how many things can skew a parse, right? If one person slacks off, ur parse goes up, if someone gets on their hustle, your parse is going down. If you slip up your parse is going down. If you're more aggressive, your parse is going up. The math is there for a reason, picks up on things that a parse won't.

To me, a parse shows who the more aggressive player is with good reaction, engage speed, ect. Really on their hustle. That being said, you can parse higher w/ denali if you try harder than you do with turban, doesn't mean there isn't a difference.

that's what the math is for, is to show the item's POTENTIAL, you still have to bring that potential out yourself.
[+]
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2010-03-25 10:10:34
Link | Citer | R

The only time I could ever justify using Denali Bonnet is if I'm soloing and would prefer to have some haste on a DD headpiece that had defense to it if you have a feeling you will get hit. I'll use homam head on pld when I solo for very select occasions if I know I'll get hit i.e. shadow tanking a mob that double/triple attacks. The worst arguement anyone can EVER make for Denali Bonnet is 3 att > 1 haste -_- If you do the math over time, 1 haste DESTROYS 3 attack, even over a short period of time for that matter.
Bottom line, Denali matches homam...sorta, that's about as good as it gets in my opinion.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-03-25 10:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Lol. You know how many things can skew a parse, right? If one person slacks off, ur parse goes up, if someone gets on their hustle, your parse is going down. If you slip up your parse is going down. If you're more aggressive, your parse is going up. The math is there for a reason, picks up on things that a parse won't.

To me, a parse shows who the more aggressive player is with good reaction, engage speed, ect. Really on their hustle. That being said, you can parse higher w/ denali if you try harder than you do with turban, doesn't mean there isn't a difference.

that's what the math is for, is to show the item's POTENTIAL, you still have to bring that potential out yourself.

I was alone, and I was farming for hours and hours. An hour with Denali, an hour with Wally. Yes, it was a hot double-date. Lol
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-25 10:17:06
Link | Citer | R

>.> parsing alone is even worse. In a party you compare how you are doing with others. Parsing solo, what exactly are you parsing? 1 hr w/ 1 and 1hr w/ the other? Chances are you didn't even fight the same number of jobs, ect.

Only thing you can parse solo is str/attack, ect things that make yo uhit harder. Then you can parse your average dmg/hit before w/ your average dmg/hit after. You can't parse attack speed solo though, lol.

Also, haste gets better w/ the more of it you have. I looked at your solo build, doesn't have much haste to begin with, yet alone the absence of marches and haste spell (marches of absence if you had npc)
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-03-25 10:21:03
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
>.> parsing alone is even worse. In a party you compare how you are doing with others. Parsing solo, what exactly are you parsing? 1 hr w/ 1 and 1hr w/ the other? Chances are you didn't even fight the same number of jobs, ect.

Only thing you can parse solo is str/attack, ect things that make yo uhit harder. Then you can parse your average dmg/hit before w/ your average dmg/hit after. You can't parse attack speed solo though, lol.

Also, haste gets better w/ the more of it you have. I looked at your solo build, doesn't have much haste to begin with, yet alone the absence of marches and haste spell (marches of absence if you had npc)

How I play my jobs is entirely up to myself, Vegetto. Not all of us are out and about trying to get our hands on every thing we can. Some of us play the game and have fun with it.

The way I solo and farm is efficient for my liking. I'm not looking to do as much damage in as little time as possible.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vedder
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2010-03-25 10:21:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Vincentius said:
Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:
For casting - Turban.

True, but we were discussing DNC here.

If this evolved to all jobs, then it changes a lot.

I think that's sort of the point though ... unless you are a COR or THF, there's no real utility for a Denali Bonnet when compared to options with the same or less ease of access.

Sooooooooo, a DNC should never use Bonnet over Turban, imo.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-25 10:23:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xenophire said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

How I play my jobs is entirely up to myself, Vegetto. Not all of us are out and about trying to get our hands on every thing we can. Some of us play the game and have fun with it.
Who the *** said anything about how you have to play? I just noted which is better, which you decide to use has nothing to do with me nor how good each item is. You're arguing w/ the wrong person.

Also, lol if you think you can have fun in a denali head but can't have fun in a turban.

Also, since when did turban fall of under the category of "out and about trying to get our hands on everything we can"?

I love how your argument doesn't touch a single of my points and has nothing to do with anything I've said here.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13