Question about Thf
First Page 2 3
 Fairy.Usua
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-13 14:48:55
Link | Citer | R

My thf is only lvl 18 and I know the whole deal with THF being good for farming and such, but before I put time into lvling this job I want to know on average just how much more profitable is this job than others?
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 14:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't imagine thf being able to pull off the types of solos a mage could.
[+]
 Garuda.Maasahn
Serveur: Garuda
user: maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2010-03-13 14:54:22
Link | Citer | R

i havnt found thf to be much better then any other job farming, i made a fortune lvling bst though :) about 400+ KS and 700 or so BS from 1-75 + merits
[+]
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-13 14:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Maasahn said:
i havnt found thf to be much better then any other job farming, i made a fortune lvling bst though :) about 400 KS and 700 or so BS from 1-75 merits
I do love bst so far, only 59 though.
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-13 15:02:02
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Wouldn't imagine thf being able to pull off the types of solos a mage could.
So thf/nin would be a waste of effort?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 15:02:46
Link | Citer | R

If you were leveling it ONLY for farming, I'd assume so.
[+]
 Garuda.Maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2010-03-13 15:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
i would have to agree, but i enjoy playing thf in xp once in a blue moon when i get an invite on it or decide to make a pt with it.
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-13 15:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Maasahn said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
i would have to agree, but i enjoy playing thf in xp once in a blue moon when i get an invite on it or decide to make a pt with it.
Eew it's hard to get invites?
 Garuda.Maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2010-03-13 15:12:35
Link | Citer | R

for merit pt's its horrible, but it wasnt the worst in the world while lvling it, but i did make alot of my own pts too
 Shiva.Lordtip
Serveur: Shiva
user: lordtip
By Shiva.Lordtip 2010-03-13 15:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Depends what you plan on farming, Better to have a craft your farming items for, cause farming alone doesnt make you very much gil. If you plan on fighting anything that checks above Tough, better bring a healer with you =P
 Gilgamesh.Andras
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-03-13 15:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Usua said:
Garuda.Maasahn said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Eew it's hard to get invites?

u didnt know this?
 Garuda.Maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2010-03-13 15:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Lordtip said:
Depends what you plan on farming, Better to have a craft your farming items for, cause farming alone doesnt make you very much gil. If you plan on fighting anything that checks above Tough, better bring a healer with you =P
anything above tough will soon be easy prey in the coming months/year... :p
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-13 15:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Lordtip said:

I disagree. Usually you make more gil selling the ingreds you farm for your craft than the final product itself.

And solo T's as THF is hardly that bad.
 Fairy.Techlife
user: TechlifeB
By Fairy.Techlife 2010-03-13 15:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Thf isnt bad at all, i enjoy thf.
It's hard to lvl thf coz atleast 65% of thf's suck like hell and dont know how to play the job. I had so much thf's in pt with enm- equip ><
And for farming only, ya th4 is nice but nowadays u cant much money with pure farming.
 Remora.Sedda
Serveur: Remora
user: Sedda
By Remora.Sedda 2010-03-13 15:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Le-sigh. No love for thieves. Seriously though it depends on what you farm/hunt. I can make 300k in a around two hours just 'slow farming' with my thief. *Shrugs* But each to their own?
 Shiva.Lordtip
By Shiva.Lordtip 2010-03-13 15:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Soloing T's isnt bad at all, thats why i said anything above a T. Gonna take you all day to farm items to make a bit of gil. I'd rather be camping a HNM, or KSNM
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-03-13 15:30:43
Link | Citer | R

My thief is barely level 54, and I still can't get an invite for ***. I literally soloed almost every level up to 54 and have a feeling I'm going to keep doing so ;;
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-13 15:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Lordtip said:
Soloing T's isnt bad at all, thats why i said anything above a T. Gonna take you all day to farm items to make a bit of gil. I'd rather be camping a HNM, or KSNM

well soloing anything above T's is bad for all jobs (pets not included) when it comes to farming, even if you can solo VT-IT on other jobs, it takes too long for it to be a profitable way of farming anyway.

If you're farming TW-T's you might as well do it on THF as on any other job, it's not like the TH is gonna hurt your farming.
 Shiva.Lordtip
By Shiva.Lordtip 2010-03-13 15:38:28
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Shiva.Lordtip said:

well soloing anything above T's is bad for all jobs (pets not included) when it comes to farming, even if you can solo VT-IT on other jobs, it takes too long for it to be a profitable way of farming anyway.

If you're farming TW-T's you might as well do it on THF as on any other job, it's not like the TH is gonna hurt your farming.

Agreed^^
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 15:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
well soloing anything above T's is bad for all jobs (pets not included) when it comes to farming,
Unless we're talking NMs or sky triggers, ect, then you're raking in the dough.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-13 15:42:30
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
well soloing anything above T's is bad for all jobs (pets not included) when it comes to farming,
Unless we're talking NMs or sky triggers, ect, then you're raking in the dough.

That is if you get the claim and if you get the drop.

Beeing unlucky with claims and drops you can waste lots of hours and end up with nothing, while if you're farming regular monster the same time you would atleast get some profit.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 15:44:33
Link | Citer | R

Sky triggers are 100% drop and depending on server not hard to claim. Also sell very quickly.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-13 15:54:26
Link | Citer | R

Always up for an argument eh?

No matter how you look at it, you cant say 100% sure that you are going to go to sky and get the claim of Xnm.

if you get the claim, there's no argue that you'll make more gil in 30 min doing that than regular farming. But if there's lots of ppl doing sky at that time, there's just as big of a chance you wont get anything at all.

imo there's too many if's when it comes killing NM's for it to be a dependable source of income, atleast for me.

But each to their own.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2010-03-13 16:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Of all my jobs and multiple characters Thief is my favorite job. Everyone has their own favorites. In my own opinion, Thief is a wonderful job, in many ways. For several years people would say a Thief is not a DD. Overall, compared to some of the top DD's in the game (Samurai, Ranger, Monk, to name a few) Thief can be weaker. But given time, effort and a lot of gil, Thief can indeed become a DD, and a very good one at that! Only those who do not fully understand the capabilities of the job will say otherwise. However, a 75 Thief with Optical Hat, is not very elite. This job takes considerable more time to make "Great". Soloing on this job is amazing. In many ways it can be better than a mage/nin job. The biggest perk for Thief is being teamed with a Red Mage. The two jobs duoing for money is probably the best profitable combo in the game. Arguable by only a couple others combos depending on the situations. But again, this is all my opinion. I'm sure others have a lot to say otherwise.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-13 16:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Actually if you do searchs of sky while say doing something else and see it open or no one who should be able to solo said nms for a couple of hours chances are yeah everything you want to go solo will be up if you head out.

Eventually you should get a feel for times and when it will be open and what groups do what and who is capable of soloing the hard things.

Remora.Sedda said:
Le-sigh. No love for thieves. Seriously though it depends on what you farm/hunt. I can make 300k in a around two hours just 'slow farming' with my thief.

I call BS
 Asura.Ericka
Serveur: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-03-13 16:04:33
Link | Citer | R

getting thf to lvl 99 is gonna be such torture.... ~.~
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-13 16:05:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ericka said:
getting thf to lvl 99 is gonna be such torture.... ~.~
You think that's bad try capping parrying on a 99thf without having a good tank job...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SE
 Shiva.Lordtip
By Shiva.Lordtip 2010-03-13 16:06:06
Link | Citer | R

To answer your question Usua, In my opinion yes it can be more profitable than other jobs. And alot of times Thf is a job worth having. But its a long road to 75 =P
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 16:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
No matter how you look at it, you cant say 100% sure that you are going to go to sky and get the claim of Xnm.
Same way you can't say you're going to get claim on a decent number of w/e you're farming because there is someone else there farming against you.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-03-13 16:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Great for PTs as you near 70 invites go dead for your lv so its sync, solo campaign etc etc to 75, you wont get merit pt invites and if its just for farming its so-so of course there will be things you cant farm cause on THF because you simply cant kill certain mobs like you can on another job but w/e you will be able to farm obviously you'll do better than any other job drop rate wise with that TH, and since in the updates this year at some point the THF update will have some form of enhancement to TH it is worth lvling up, fun in PTs, profitable and useful in endgame. Ding! 75THF this morning.
First Page 2 3