New Hacker Found...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New hacker found...
New hacker found...
 Carbuncle.Xandor
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-03-11 11:34:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Holman said:
Carbuncle.Xandor said:
Caitsith.Iphone said:
lol all of you guys with tokens crack me up. I've been playing since Feb of 2002 only been hacked once since I gave my account info away to a friend that I taught was a friend. They took all my sellables, gils, and threw away all my rare/ex. After that deleted my account. It took SE 2 weeks to restore my account and I was able to start over again with few friends helping me out with donations. I knew who hacked my account just like the OP here all evidence was in their bazaar. But GM's wouldn't do anything about it. Any who ever since then I just saved all my PW on POL so I don't have to type anything ever, made it alphanumeric and never gave my PW to anyone again. Never been hacked since, never had issues with key loggers. Token is just another way for SE to make money for themselves. It's just a way for you not to able to sell your account as easy as before since you have to de-activate the changing security code lol.
god how ignorant ppl are. it NOT hacking when you give your info away lol. if you give 5$ to a friend, you think you can accuse him/her for robbery afterwards? /sigh
Taking something that's not yours is stealing. If I left my door open and you came in and took my tv; You think the cops would say "Well your door was open". Having passwords does not give you a reason to steal.

Try giving away your TV and then claim it was hacked (stolen) and see how far that'll get you

Edit: Besides it clearly says that its against ToS to share your info with anyone. It doesnt say "share your info with ppl you think you can trust"
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-11 11:35:18
Link | Citer | R

you're a moron if you trust ANYONE but yourself with YOUR account info.

i've seen things happen where a brother got a friend's account banned for being a retard on other mmo's/orpgs

you just don't give your account info away to anyone.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-11 11:39:54
Link | Citer | R

I've given my information to my real life friends so that they could log in as me in various situations where I couldn't. I trust them both completely and have both of their account informations in case they need to be logged in when not able.

I think it's ok to trust some people with your account details, and The only reason I trust them both completely is because i've been friends with one of them since I was 5, and the other since I was 11.

Edit: Also I'm in beating distance of them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-11 11:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Xandor said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
Carbuncle.Xandor said:
Caitsith.Iphone said:
lol all of you guys with tokens crack me up. I've been playing since Feb of 2002 only been hacked once since I gave my account info away to a friend that I taught was a friend. They took all my sellables, gils, and threw away all my rare/ex. After that deleted my account. It took SE 2 weeks to restore my account and I was able to start over again with few friends helping me out with donations. I knew who hacked my account just like the OP here all evidence was in their bazaar. But GM's wouldn't do anything about it. Any who ever since then I just saved all my PW on POL so I don't have to type anything ever, made it alphanumeric and never gave my PW to anyone again. Never been hacked since, never had issues with key loggers. Token is just another way for SE to make money for themselves. It's just a way for you not to able to sell your account as easy as before since you have to de-activate the changing security code lol.
god how ignorant ppl are. it NOT hacking when you give your info away lol. if you give 5$ to a friend, you think you can accuse him/her for robbery afterwards? /sigh
Taking something that's not yours is stealing. If I left my door open and you came in and took my tv; You think the cops would say "Well your door was open". Having passwords does not give you a reason to steal.
Try giving away your TV and then claim it was hacked (stolen) and see how far that'll get you Edit: Besides it clearly says that its against ToS to share your info with anyone. It doesnt say "share your info with ppl you think you can trust"
The evil that men do are a mystery. I unplugged myself out the ffxi matrix a while ago, yes these *** will steal your ***. Three people have my info and everyones in *** kicking range.

edit: Don't feed the trolls.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-11 11:44:51
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I've given my information to my real life friends so that they could log in as me in various situations where I couldn't. I trust them both completely and have both of their account informations in case they need to be logged in when not able.

I think it's ok to trust some people with your account details, and The only reason I trust them both completely is because i've been friends with one of them since I was 5, and the other since I was 11.

Thats up to you if you want to trust them with your info.

But, if any of them should strip your char and sell your stuff one day, you can hardly claim your account was hacked. If that should happen that would be no ones fault but your own.

I've never given out my info to anyone, but I've had ppl giving their info to me. But they've never had to be afraid I would take anything from them, if anything they have told me to stop buying stuff for them and leave in their inventory.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-11 12:08:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

The only part that matters :)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-11 12:57:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I gave my account info away

[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2010-03-11 13:06:18
Link | Citer | R

I actually had a trojan pop up in my pol folder last week. Maybe its related.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-11 13:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Quote:
I gave my account info away

lol :D

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-11 13:20:41
Link | Citer | R

In response to never giving out your password ~

If I can't trust my closest friends with my account, I'd rather not play
[+]
 Caitsith.Iphone
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Imola
By Caitsith.Iphone 2010-03-11 13:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Okay maybe the term hacked as to giving info away is different but you get the point. I was careless, FFXI was new, and account stealing wasn't in my head. When you have played this game for few years and leveling up with someone you do events/duo's/simple chats with you begin to have that trust. But in the end all they really want is your gear/money.

My point is you won't get hacked/stolen in this game if you don't give your information away to anyone, and keep refraining from using your keyboards when you type your account/pw and use your mouse or controller with the digital keyboard SE has implemented on POL and even the Enix website. Security token to me on my opinion is still just a waste of money, the only thing maybe worth is the /satchel. But I can live without that so there's no need for it.

For goodness sake you don't see Wells Fargo Bank's giving their customers Security tokens to change your PW every time you sign on to pay your bills, and or move things from your savings to your checking account. If anything all SE had to do was track your IP like Bank of America does, and won't let you access their account site unless it's from that same IP. Token is just a waste. Mind you I'm no network/website/programmer Guru. But still I know enough to make sure my accounts are safe without having to buy stupid a $10 token that probably cost them $1 to make by bulk.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-11 13:26:10
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Thats up to you if you want to trust them with your info.

But, if any of them should strip your char and sell your stuff one day, you can hardly claim your account was hacked. If that should happen that would be no ones fault but your own.

I've never given out my info to anyone, but I've had ppl giving their info to me. But they've never had to be afraid I would take anything from them, if anything they have told me to stop buying stuff for them and leave in their inventory.

Oh no, I never would claim my account was hacked. I'd say my friends *** me over but that's about it. I couldn't agree more with you, if you give your information away it's not hacking.
 Seraph.Zoey
Serveur: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2010-03-11 13:28:00
Link | Citer | R

Everyone playing FFXI should not ever give away any of thier sign on information to anybody ever. I wouldn't give my POL or password to anyone in my family or anyone calling themselves a friend.

Short story

I talked to an old friend on the phone for nostialgiac purposes and we got to talking about MMOs. He said "oh, whats your password and stuff?" then I just laughed.

end story

The moral to that little story is this question.

Why in the world would anyone need or want your POL info and passwords?

1. If they never played before they shouldn't play your account.

2. If they already have an account than they already have one, wont need to pry into yours.

3. If its a family member they still don't need to be playing in your game. Family members tend to sabotuer.

4. Your best friend of Final Fantasy online you have been playing with over 5 years have no bussiness in your game.

DO NOT GIVE OUT YOU POL INFO OR PASSWORDS TO ANYONE EVER!

keep them safe

A message to anyone reading this thread.
 Lakshmi.Holman
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-11 13:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Zoey said:
Everyone playing FFXI should not ever give away any of thier sign on information to anybody ever. I wouldn't give my POL or password to anyone in my family or anyone calling themselves a friend. Short story I talked to an old friend on the phone for nostialgiac purposes and we got to talking about MMOs. He said "oh, whats your password and stuff?" then I just laughed. end story The moral to that little story is this question. Why in the world would anyone need or want your POL info and passwords? 1. If they never played before they shouldn't play your account. 2. If they already have an account than they already have one, wont need to pry into yours. 3. If its a family member they still don't need to be playing in your game. Family members tend to sabotuer. 4. Your best friend of Final Fantasy online you have been playing with over 5 years have no bussiness in your game. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOU POL INFO OR PASSWORDS TO ANYONE EVER! keep them safe A message to anyone reading this thread.

Dual Box/Pl

Like the guy said above if you can't trust friends then quit.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-11 13:36:27
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Zoey said:
Everyone playing FFXI should not ever give away any of thier sign on information to anybody ever. I wouldn't give my POL or password to anyone in my family or anyone calling themselves a friend.

Short story

I talked to an old friend on the phone for nostialgiac purposes and we got to talking about MMOs. He said "oh, whats your password and stuff?" then I just laughed.

end story

The moral to that little story is this question.

Why in the world would anyone need or want your POL info and passwords?

1. If they never played before they shouldn't play your account.

2. If they already have an account than they already have one, wont need to pry into yours.

3. If its a family member they still don't need to be playing in your game. Family members tend to sabotuer.

4. Your best friend of Final Fantasy online you have been playing with over 5 years have no bussiness in your game.

DO NOT GIVE OUT YOU POL INFO OR PASSWORDS TO ANYONE EVER!

keep them safe

A message to anyone reading this thread.

Would I give my POL details to a friend from the past I hadn't talked to in ages? Heck no.

Would I give my POL details to friends I talk to on mic every day and live 2-3 miles away? heck yeah.

Aslong as you're not an idiot about it, it's ok to give details to certain people

If you don't trust friends, stop playing.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Klikevil
Serveur: Bismarck
user: klikevil
By Bismarck.Klikevil 2010-03-11 14:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Holman: did they deactivate the token so they don't have to use it to log in? (which is a dumb-as hell idea) i know ppl who do that and only got the token for the statchel.
Nope, the token code stays registered for 15 Min's I think. If a hacker has that trojan that records real time key strokes, then yea it's possible for them to get in.
the key # changes every 30 seconds. so they have 30 seconds to time it until they epicly fail and have to wait the next day.
also how the hell do they give you the trojan in the first place? (i never understand this part. do they really transfer it via POL?)

The key on the TOKEN changes every 30 seconds, but the password you used to login takes 15 minutes to timeout.
[+]
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-03-11 14:24:59
Link | Citer | R

between me and my 3 rl best friends, we all have eachothers PW's. their the only people i trust giving my info to, ive made some close friends ingame, but still wouldnt trust them. like everyones said, dont give ur pw to people online. otherwise you deserve to be "hacked"
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-03-11 14:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Klikevil said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Holman: did they deactivate the token so they don't have to use it to log in? (which is a dumb-as hell idea) i know ppl who do that and only got the token for the statchel.
Nope, the token code stays registered for 15 Min's I think. If a hacker has that trojan that records real time key strokes, then yea it's possible for them to get in.
the key # changes every 30 seconds. so they have 30 seconds to time it until they epicly fail and have to wait the next day.
also how the hell do they give you the trojan in the first place? (i never understand this part. do they really transfer it via POL?)

The key on the TOKEN changes every 30 seconds, but the password you used to login takes 15 minutes to timeout.

No, this is ***. If the password wont let me log in if it wasn't entered withing the 60 seconds I pushed the key then there's absolutely no reason or way for it to be active for 15 minutes. It's called a "one time password" for a reason. After you enter it, it can't be used again. If that were true the token's idea would be a complete sham.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-11 14:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Has a hacker ever hacked a useless account? Like, he's just randomly trying to get into different accounts and finally gets in one and is like "Wow, this idiot doesn't have ***". I wonder what a hacker would feel like if he hacked my account....
 Sylph.Durzo
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Durzo 2010-03-11 15:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Doesnt having a Security Token give you unlimited rollbacks compared to only one without the token, as long as you can supply SE with your information, original acivation codes for expansions i think, Credit card information (or the information for the first credit card registed with the account) and a whole bunch of other stuff SE will roll it back for you. can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks i think. Good luck to you, If your hacked, dont give up so easily :P
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-11 15:11:56
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Torazalinto said:
No, this is ***. If the password wont let me log in if it wasn't entered withing the 60 seconds I pushed the key then there's absolutely no reason or way for it to be active for 15 minutes. It's called a "one time password" for a reason. After you enter it, it can't be used again. If that were true the token's idea would be a complete sham.
So in any given time having 30 usable codes or 0.003% of all possible combinations (15 minutes of usable passwords = 30 passwords, 30 / 1000000 = 0.00003) of getting the password right makes having a token a complete sham? Remember every 30 seconds the oldest one no longer works, and every 15 minutes is a completely new set of codes.

That is significantly more secure than having a static password that you never change in POL.
[+]
 Caitsith.Iphone
By Caitsith.Iphone 2010-03-11 15:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Right there's about an infinite amount of words and number combo that can be used as a PW. If you never touch it to the point that even yourself can't remember it its as safe as getting a worthless token.

I myself don't even know my own PW or account combo it's written down in the ffxi booklet that came with the box and I just leave it there incase I ever format my computer. It's a safe as can be.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-11 15:29:04
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Iphone said:
Right there's about an infinite amount of words and number combo that can be used as a PW. If you never touch it to the point that even yourself can't remember it its as safe as getting a worthless token.

I myself don't even know my own PW or account combo it's written down in the ffxi booklet that came with the box and I just leave it there incase I ever format my computer. It's a safe as can be.
Remember that just because you don't have to type it doesn't mean it can't be retrieved. POL has to retrieve this information every time you log in if its stored. So it is stored somewhere on your computer encrypted or not but lets assume it is. A malicious person can write a trojan that can retrieve the encrypted password and send it back to them. Stored passwords arn't 100% protection.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xandor
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-03-11 15:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Iphone said:
I was too cheap to spend 10$ on a token, and now I'm justifying that by calling everyone who did buy one stupid
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-11 16:15:39
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Xandor said:
I spent $10 on extra inventory space
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-03-11 16:17:35
Link | Citer | R

I got hacked on this char. It sucks, but now i used up my 1 time restore. Security Token do you have it?

Ya and stored passwords, that's what that Java virus hacked. That's how i got dinged.

By the way there 1 time use every 30 secs. If you log in a keylogger can't login on your account with the same password, unless they stop you from logging in as well, then send the info to another comp where that comp inputs the password and logins in those 30 seconds.

Caitsith.Iphone
By Caitsith.Iphone 2010-03-11 16:29:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Xandor said:
Caitsith.Iphone said:
I was too cheap to spend 10$ on a token, and now I'm justifying that by calling everyone who did buy one stupid

Nice fix on the quote there, I'm by no means calling anyone stupid who bought a Token. All I'm saying is it's not needed at all.