Theory On Lvl 99...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Theory on lvl 99...
Theory on lvl 99...
 Phoenix.Teguri
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Talran
By Phoenix.Teguri 2010-03-01 11:07:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm thinking if this stacks, the new augment system that is, that it could make nearly anything usefull later on. Hell if I can I want to make the ultimate Onion rod :3
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-01 11:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ivaan said:
unless the new augment system is awesome, i dont see how a relic would be amazing at lv 99. i mean, say an apoc drk, 103 dmg at lv 99? to me that seems low to hurt or deal decent dmg a lv 110 mob if your exping or w/e at that lv, so, anyone else think of this?

There's a quest line to enhance the apocalypse and any other Relic/Mythic.

It's a moot point.
 Kujata.Yishay
Serveur: Kujata
user: yishaymnk
By Kujata.Yishay 2010-03-01 11:13:29
Link | Citer | R

ivaan the new weapon upgrade system is supposed to include relic and mythic enhancements. so getting a good weapon and making better sounds about right
 Unicorn.Riken
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Riken
By Unicorn.Riken 2010-03-01 11:43:56
Link | Citer | R

They will have to make relic/mythic weapons have access to slightly better routes/stats or some of them will just all ways stay inferior to some other weapons.
 Phoenix.Teguri
By Phoenix.Teguri 2010-03-01 12:05:58
Link | Citer | R

Unless you level it up more. Hell, just because you got it doesnt mean its the end all weapon. Although it would have a good head start above other things, I can see other better weapons coming out that with the augmentations will overshadow Relic and Mythics. Has everyone forgotten how mmpogurs work? Hell, It woulda been nices if I had an excuse to not get anything after my water-sprinkler in EQ, but that's not how it works, suck it up :3
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-01 12:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Teguri said:
Unless you level it up more. Hell, just because you got it doesnt mean its the end all weapon. Although it would have a good head start above other things, I can see other better weapons coming out that with the augmentations will overshadow Relic and Mythics. Has everyone forgotten how mmpogurs work? Hell, It woulda been nices if I had an excuse to not get anything after my water-sprinkler in EQ, but that's not how it works, suck it up :3
I didn't know the water sprinkler was designed to be the best weapon of its kind in EQ...
 Phoenix.Teguri
By Phoenix.Teguri 2010-03-01 12:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I didn't know the water sprinkler was designed to be the best weapon of its kind in EQ...

It was designed to be the best (Epic, and end all when I got it) for clerics. Thing even had what would equate to a no delay Raise enchantment with nearly no refresh time.(The term we used was clicky rez, coming from you just had to right click to activate it)

Edit: Got the quote this time x3
PS: Mythics are like Epic 2.0 but nearly as good, If I had a relic I wouldn't get a mythic, not that I have that sort of time to devote to games anymore. If they come out with another line of (Artifact/mythic/relic weps they will likely be much better than the current generation, and thus your Epic 2.0) Also, sorry for the EQ talk, it was my first MMO and I remember raging like this when they did this stuff, I just got used to it. Having your relic is the achievement, not it being the best! x3

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-01 12:56:52
Link | Citer | R

Lol I see. Never played EQ, so guess I learned something today. Still, that's outside SE's pattern. The fact that relics/mythics will be augmentable via the new system only reinforces the point that SE is determined to maintain their position in their respective weapon hierarchies.
 Phoenix.Teguri
By Phoenix.Teguri 2010-03-01 13:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Ah yeah, I mean, there will likely be a new "ultimate" out, but they will probably make the current gen able to at least match up against them if you quest out all the augments, then again, I'm interested in just how much we'll be able to do this, even to normal items. Perhaps an Ibushi Shinai that could run along a 30ish level GK, that would be awesome. ^^;
 Fairy.Maimed
Serveur: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-03-01 13:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Imho BRD horn will probably be the only relic worth a ***at 99. Aegis is highly debatable because we'd have to see what block rate would look like on high level shields, including possible augments available. Yes I understand -25% MDT is sexy and probably cannot be replaced, ever. However, rare is the case you come across fights where you need to FULLTIME MDT gear versus macro swap it out when you're expecting magic based damage.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-01 13:47:52
Link | Citer | R

The significance of Aegis' MDT is more the ability to swap in full MDB, MDT idle only comes into play on a handful of NMs. Block rate is the same as any other Type 3 (increased block rate myth was disproven a while back), but the extra damage reduction on blocks is nifty. I do agree that it will probably have a reduced advantage over the next best option now though, as higher defense options will likely be released.

Kinda makes you wonder if they'll put out a Ballad horn other than Storm Fife...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 13:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Yishay said:
i'm sure a skilled mnk and rdm could duo dyna at lvl 99

ninja edit: you can't tell me ppl won't try it ... yeah it sounds silly but ppl will push lvl 99 as hard as they do 75 right now

I don't think it's silly at all. I'm constantly amazed at what the top 2-3% of players can accomplish, lowman-wise, with 75's.

It's very hard for me to believe that these 2-3% won't be able to break the game at will @99, no matter what SE tries to put in place to prevent it.

Not that i mind. Those 2-3% are always really cool to watch.
 Fairy.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-03-01 13:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Adjustments have been made to the difficulty of the following Notorious Monsters:
Absolute Virtue / Pandemonium Warden

Nah, actually I'm curious how they're doing the CoP areas. On one hand, you'd think they want to make it easier for people. On the other hand, it sounded like they're meant to be new exp zones. And if you follow the story instead of button mashing, those level caps exist because the areas were sealed to keep the monsters weak. Uncap the player and you uncap the monster...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 13:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spiriel said:
Uncap the player and you uncap the monster...

I hadn't thought of it that way. I bet you're right...

It would be a great way to create an influx of 75+ mobs while doing very little extra programming
[+]
 Phoenix.Teguri
By Phoenix.Teguri 2010-03-01 14:30:16
Link | Citer | R

I cant wait to see just how insane level 99 players are compared to 75, considering the 50 to 75 gap.. On the other hand, the new monsters, NMs and HNMs, I cant wait to see just how insane it gets (I want to see if Damage caps at 9999 like in previous titles or if 10k+ is doable)
 Fairy.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-03-01 14:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
I hadn't thought of it that way. I bet you're right...

It would be a great way to create an influx of 75+ mobs while doing very little extra programming
Except most of those mobs are Fomor or Taurs, which are both miserable VT/IT mobs ;p Still, can't help but wonder how much was lost in translation.

And I thought I only had to level THF and SCH to 37 to finish my subs ; ;
 Valefor.Ivaan
Serveur: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-01 16:50:52
Link | Citer | R

i have to say the worst part of lv cap 99 has to be leveling subs, let alone 75-99 and the 3.5 trillion exp you will need lol. time to go gear whm, nin, sigh, i alrdy fell asleep just spelling them lol
 Alexander.Nepharite
Serveur: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-03-01 17:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone brought up the possibility of the k.club/o.club LV 80 or 96 drk/nin? if so, just ignore me
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 17:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Nepharite said:
Has anyone brought up the possibility of the k.club/o.club LV 80 or 96 drk/nin? if so, just ignore me

yes approximately 8000 times
 Kujata.Akeda
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-01 17:50:19
Link | Citer | R

^
^ Probably as many times as SCH being totally overpowered as a main and sub. 99WHM/SCH49 basically makes the whole Curaga line worthless.
Quote:
There's a quest line to enhance the apocalypse and any other Relic/Mythic

and for only 5 100,000 bane bills plus 200 hours in FFXI you can have your own lvl99 Relic!
 Alexander.Nepharite
Serveur: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-03-01 17:54:21
Link | Citer | R

k, i just missed it then~ oops
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Serveur: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-03-01 17:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Yishay said:
ivaan the new weapon upgrade system is supposed to include relic and mythic enhancements. so getting a good weapon and making better sounds about right

Unless they make it so theres the odd chance it'll totally gimp it...I can see SE doing something like Amanomurakumo with STR-5 MND+5 CHR+5. /shudder.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-01 17:58:57
Link | Citer | R

FFXIV IS STARTING

lvl 99 does not matta!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-01 18:15:15
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Kujata.Yishay said:

Unless they make it so theres the odd chance it'll totally gimp it...I can see SE doing something like Amanomurakumo with STR-5 MND 5 CHR 5. /shudder.
It's not random. You choose the augments.
 Kujata.Ajito
user: Ajito
By Kujata.Ajito 2010-03-01 18:33:00
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, all these new updates have lessened my interest in XIV. XIV still looks pretty good, but I think I'll stick around for all the updates first.

The only downside I see from the level cap increase is the amount of exp required to reach 99. Saying that, it's obvious that the max exp obtained from mobs will increase as you level up (like it already does).

Someone in another thread said something which reminded me of a thought I had once... Why can you already search for players between level 1-99? Did SE already plan on 99 cap at some stage long ago? T5 (BLM), T4/5ga (BLM), what appears (to me) to be T2 elemental debuffs, amongst many others already exist in the game files. So it's a possibility that this cap increase is something they've had in the back of their minds for a long time; of course they saved it til now to release it to keep the game alive.
 Hades.Altimaomega
Serveur: Hades
By Hades.Altimaomega 2010-03-02 00:26:49
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Ajito said:
To be honest, all these new updates have lessened my interest in XIV. XIV still looks pretty good, but I think I'll stick around for all the updates first.

The only downside I see from the level cap increase is the amount of exp required to reach 99. Saying that, it's obvious that the max exp obtained from mobs will increase as you level up (like it already does).

Someone in another thread said something which reminded me of a thought I had once... Why can you already search for players between level 1-99? Did SE already plan on 99 cap at some stage long ago? T5 (BLM), T4/5ga (BLM), what appears (to me) to be T2 elemental debuffs, amongst many others already exist in the game files. So it's a possibility that this cap increase is something they've had in the back of their minds for a long time; of course they saved it til now to release it to keep the game alive.

im sure they knew that lvl99 would happen, it just sucks that they waited this damn long to do it.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-02 00:56:57
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, wish they'd have released it a lot earlier.

And that's a good point I never knew you could do a search for lvl 99 because it never occured to me to try above 75. :o

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Darknes
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: darknes
By Gilgamesh.Darknes 2010-03-02 07:28:45
Link | Citer | R

lol what ? Utsumini: San .... that would be too good for even SE to release that , might as well give enless shadow to the nin w/o cast anything lol
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-03-02 07:44:46
Link | Citer | R

This is an interview with the Dev Team from Famitsu in Japan. This should answer most of your concerns about the level cap:

Famitsu Interview Translated by poster at NeoGAF
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20039015&postcount=651

-- It's been six and a half years since the last increase to level cap. Are you planning more "Limit Break" quests (quests which increase the level cap)?

Matsui: We don't plan on having quests like the previous ones. I guess we do need to continue them somehow, but we plan on lowering the difficulty. Raising the level cap changes up the balance and is tough on the adventurers. Thus if they can just go and release it--. It's not like we do it to be mean (laugh).

-- You say you'll be raising the level cap step by step. What will the next cap be?

Matsui: We'll start with 80. It's been a long time since we set the cap to 75, so we want to make lots of changes level by level on the way to 80. We haven't decided whether to raise by 5s or 10s after that.

-- Once the level cap is removed, will the current HNM (an abbreviation for "high-level notorious monster", monsters designed to be fought by many players at once) be adjusted?

Matsui: We're considering not making major changes. We don't think it's bad that the fierce enemies and endgame content up to now can be taken on with fewer players. Instead, we plan to add new enemies to fit the new level cap.

-- With the increase in level cap comes an increase in support job level cap. Powerful magics and abilities like Refresh and Convert will become usable without having to be one's specialties. Are you planning to adjust their effect when used as a support job?

Matsui: Personally, I like the idea of getting Refresh from a support job. I'd like to see Red Mage gain an even stronger Refresh, making battles even more flashy as he tells everyone to "Go for it! Spam your magic!".

-- With how long the level cap has been 75, I think there have been a lot of people who worked hard to get "ultimate gear". How do you plan to follow this up?

Matsui: Using the "Magian's Trials" system we plan to implement, we believe they will continue to be useful at higher levels. We'd like to see them mixed with new equipment.

* About the expansion battle area "Abyssea"

-- You can get the third type of job-specific equipment ("AF3") in Abyssea, but will you need to buy all three Abysseas to get it all?

Ito: You can get it all from a single package. Depending on which you have, different materials will be available for "Magian's Trials", and its objectives will differ.

-- What are the major differences between the three packages?

Tanaka: They each contain different areas, and the monsters that appear are different. You can choose between them according to your goals.

Ito: Unlike Dynamis, a single area one must reserve, Abyssea can be entered freely by anyone. It can even be soloed.

* About "Final Fantasy XIV"

-- You announced "Final Fantasy XIV"'s α and β test participants, but can you give us a solid date?

Tanaka: They will be displayed on the β tester site that goes live March 11th. We're currently making major adjustments, so the dates may change one way or the other.

-- How long will the α test be?

Tanaka: That depends on the response from the testers.

-- The cheers were quite impressive when you announced the "FFXIV" β test. How did that feel?

Kawamoto: I was overjoyed. I didn't expect them to cheer that loud. (laughs)
[+]