Theory On Lvl 99...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Theory on lvl 99...
Theory on lvl 99...
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-03-01 00:54:25
Link | Citer | R

It will most likely cap all current areas at 75 and only allow you to access higher levels in the new areas or some ***.
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Zombiejonathan 2010-03-01 00:55:52
Link | Citer | R

Fir
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Specopsz said:
99 sounds a bit high?
May be that's just me.
May be they'll just raise it to 99 instead of jumping 5 at a time, that way people don't hit the cap in like 2 days.

--------------------------------------------------------
Look at ^^ it shows 3 lvl cap increase's! 75>80>85>90
 Hades.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Hades
user: tidis
By Hades.Tidis 2010-03-01 01:01:59
Link | Citer | R

or maybe they will stick to nice round numbers

75>80>90>99
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
Serveur: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-01 01:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Sorry bra, that doesn't total to 99. If we are lvl 75 and the goal is 99 in 3 updates. 99-75 = 24 /3 = 8. So at a guess, 83, 91, 99. but really, speculation is silly. They could cap at 80 the first time, 90 the second and 99 in dec. It's their perogative and IT DOES NOT have to make sense. :þ
 Carbuncle.Macc
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Macc 2010-03-01 01:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps they'll be giving upgrades/replacements to all relevant 75 gear. I think it would be really lame to be seeing Mythic and Relic +1, but there is no way SE would just piss on items that take a ridiculous amount of work like that. I'm sure Synthesis will be used to make current 75 items +1 or w/e. Although I wouldn't mind getting all the gear I need / want and having it match if it is all new augmented / synergized gear.

Yet again have a little faith. SE will do us good!
 Siren.Talonn
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-01 01:13:17
Link | Citer | R

you guys are also forgetting the entire equipment augmenting system that is coming out too. But i agree with Chasuro on this, just wait. Talking and thinking aloud doesn't make much sense since it goes no where.
Just, before you all get your hopes up makes sure you look at all the information that was given at the Fanfest before plotting your dreams on what is to happen ^^
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-03-01 01:19:40
Link | Citer | R

I want str +80 on my gd hagun and I will dream of it, oh yes i will >:P
 Unicorn.Riken
user: Riken
By Unicorn.Riken 2010-03-01 01:53:41
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
I want str 80 on my gd hagun and I will dream of it, oh yes i will >:P

DMG+24 STR+65 ftw
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-03-01 07:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Yomamato said:

Remember lvl sync? I do... They might scale your level down to 75 while in vanadiel, but in Abbysea, that cap might be removed.
Doubtful, in the video it showed them in Aht Urghan, when they leveled up. It could have been in a demo room. Or a blank area if they had that in mind. As well, all the screenies they showed were in area's that aren't abbysea.

I don't think they'd screw us that hard. Its just a last minute fix, to keep people interested honestly.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-01 07:06:17
Link | Citer | R

this is what they're doing before ffxiv so this version update will kill ffxi and make it rediculous so people go to ffxiv when it comes out ;o
[+]
 Unicorn.Riken
user: Riken
By Unicorn.Riken 2010-03-01 07:13:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm never going to play 14. When I feel i'm done with XI then i'll just stop and maybe take my wife to dinner.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 07:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Riken said:
I'm never going to play 14. When I feel i'm done with XI then i'll just stop and maybe take my wife to dinner.

I like this solution. Depending on how XIV plays out I too intend on making XI my final MMO unless RL friends hypnotize me or something.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
Serveur: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-01 07:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Tidis said:
or maybe they will stick to nice round numbers 75>80>90>99

You have to beat epic beard man on all jobs lvl 90 then you get his t-shirt "I AM A MOTHERF**KER"
[+]
 Phoenix.Atikin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Atikin
By Phoenix.Atikin 2010-03-01 09:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Riken said:
Seraph.Chasuro said:
Cerberus.Yomamato said:

Tell me ur take on this?

Honestly, no offense, but i think this kind of speculation is a waste of time. I'd rather just wait and see what they do.

Off the top of my head I don't see a global level cap. Instead, the best places to get XP will probably be in the Abyysea areas. Old HNM's and such may be level capped. No idea how they are going to work this.

If any member of your party is on the hate list, lvl capped to 75? Pretty sure they can do that. Or, for like KB,Fafhogg/Turtle areas are lvl capped. It'd seem kinda silly for them to not cap all current areas of Vana to 75, but cap HNM's, as the gear will likely not be the best of the best anymore.

They will prolly adjust strenght and lvl of current HNM's, dyna-mobs and such. This whole lvl cap discussion is stupid.
 Fairy.Washburn
Serveur: Fairy
user: Washburn
By Fairy.Washburn 2010-03-01 10:13:03
Link | Citer | R

Also keep in mind, Tier 5 spells have been in altana viewer for quite some time, along with some other spells. Maybe it's time to get use out of them all now?
[+]
 Asura.Braego
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-03-01 10:22:43
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Riken said:

This made me LOL

Poor gal, is still sitting there, dressed and ready to go out for dinner... :D
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-03-01 10:23:41
Link | Citer | R

So let me see if i got this right, not only will we now have to lvl all r jobs and subs but we also have to pay for it with 3 expansions?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-01 10:24:55
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Zangada said:
So let me see if i got this right, not only will we now have to lvl all r jobs and subs but we also have to pay for it with 3 expansions?
I think the level caps will be separate from the expansions, but will have the most impact with Abyssea.
 Kujata.Yishay
Serveur: Kujata
user: yishaymnk
By Kujata.Yishay 2010-03-01 10:34:56
Link | Citer | R

did anyone bother to think about what lvl 99 will do? lvl 99 will give EVERYONE (if they don't adjust anything but our lvl) a chance a relic weapons. at lvl 99 dynamis should be solo'd or at least duo'd with skilled players. forget about buying currency when you can farm your 500k and get your own currency. they did mention, if i recall right, there will be a system to upgrade weapons and armor including relic and mythic. so lvl 99 imo = ffa relic
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-01 10:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Yishay said:
did anyone bother to think about what lvl 99 will do? lvl 99 will give EVERYONE (if they don't adjust anything but our lvl) a chance a relic weapons. at lvl 99 dynamis should be solo'd or at least duo'd with skilled players. forget about buying currency when you can farm your 500k and get your own currency. they did mention, if i recall right, there will be a system to upgrade weapons and armor including relic and mythic. so lvl 99 imo = ffa relic
If they don't cap dynamis at 75.
[+]
 Kujata.Yishay
By Kujata.Yishay 2010-03-01 10:39:08
Link | Citer | R

agreed Krizz IF they don't cap it. however given the way some of these things work you may have a window of 1-2 days before they adjust it ... IF they adjust it
 Kujata.Yishay
By Kujata.Yishay 2010-03-01 10:41:12
Link | Citer | R

i'm sure a skilled mnk and rdm could duo dyna at lvl 99

ninja edit: you can't tell me ppl won't try it ... yeah it sounds silly but ppl will push lvl 99 as hard as they do 75 right now
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 10:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Yishay said:

i definitely see your point, even if it took 3-4 as opposed to solo

still, wouldn't it simply bottleneck because it would be so hard to get an open dyna zone?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-01 11:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
still, wouldn't it simply bottleneck because it would be so hard to get an open dyna zone?
Yes and no. How many timeups would one person alone be able to get? I highly doubt 1-3 people could make it 3 hours.
 Kujata.Yishay
By Kujata.Yishay 2010-03-01 11:01:20
Link | Citer | R

yeah you'd get a bottleneck Sevourn, no question about that.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 11:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Yes and no. How many timeups would one person alone be able to get? I highly doubt 1-3 people could make it 3 hours.

there are lses who can DB faf with four people and eight accounts.

I'm sure that a few dualboxers could get the clear just fine
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-01 11:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
there are lses who can DB faf with four people and eight accounts.

I'm sure that a few dualboxers could get the clear just fine
Ah, didn't think about that.
 Phoenix.Teguri
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Talran
By Phoenix.Teguri 2010-03-01 11:03:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure it would all even out, heck once people hit 80 or so AF2 and relic will be worth much less than it is now... It'll be like running LS mates through for their first AF after a while.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Serveur: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-01 11:03:09
Link | Citer | R

unless the new augment system is awesome, i dont see how a relic would be amazing at lv 99. i mean, say an apoc drk, 103 dmg at lv 99? to me that seems low to hurt or deal decent dmg a lv 110 mob if your exping or w/e at that lv, so, anyone else think of this?