BB: CS leak :O
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Mizuo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2010-02-01 16:30:20
Link | Citer | R

for errone thats out of teh roop! blazblue continuum shift was leaked onto teh interwebz aboot last week. since a lot ofpeople dont have arcades with it i just thought that id tell you.

well, you be'z told yo.

ps. hazama rapes face hardcore.
 Bismarck.Obleixthemighty
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Obleixthemighty 2010-02-01 16:51:12
Link | Citer | R

"For everyone that is out of the hoop! Blazblue Contunuum Shift was leaked onto the internet sometime last week. Since a lot of people do not have an arcade, I just thought that I'd tell you.

We have been told"

not sure if that is a word for word translation...but for pity sake, please at least try to make an attempt at spelling and grammar.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-02-01 17:03:37
Link | Citer | R

<3 Noel
while I like the game itself, I cant feel that the characters are out of balance (360 version) and kind of notice it on online matches. like layers who Tagger... are a huge pain in the a$$ >.>
By Rangappa 2010-02-01 17:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Just speculation, but I believe roop=loop.
By semimmortal 2010-02-01 17:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Yup, got it and tried it on my crappy computer, and it ran very nicely~
Posted some screenshots in this forum somewhere.
Only issue is with the directional buttons/stick, I can't seem to make them move diagonally (only up, down, left, right) which kinda sucks.
Then again, I didn't pay too much attention to the configuration at that time.

Also (thanks to the original site I've downloaded it from, not 4chan :P) because it was leaked, the group that "accidentally" leaked it will not be releasing new games that they originally intended (the game was removed from the site)...
FFFFFFFFFUUUU...
 Garuda.Mameshiba
Serveur: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-01 18:05:44
Link | Citer | R

needs one hell of a pc to run though.
most people are having a hard time trying to run it on 40 fps let alone 60.

game's really balanced and cool though. No more zone-characters *** like v-13 and Arakune finally.
Though having Ragna and Tager as High Tier characters and Bang + Litchi being top ones makes you wonder howthe game will be...

Nevertheless, much love to Blazblue.

Leviathan.Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2010-02-01 19:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Apparently nobody likes the way I type! Anyways, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift is sort of broken and fixed... Noel got nerfed which sucks since she is my main. Jin's new counter drive is badass tho!
By Skyshadow 2010-02-01 20:18:51
Link | Citer | R

Friend and I have been playing this lately, Tsubaki is hella fun. They changed some things pretty well like Mameshiba said, tho I can see ALOT of people playing Ragna now, since he is badass and is going to be top tier. Arakune has an infinite now too, funny to watch.
 Ragnarok.Kies
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kies
By Ragnarok.Kies 2010-02-02 00:43:21
Link | Citer | R

Oh snap we have quite a few Noel mains here. Shes been neutered no doubt but at least she isn't a certain loli vampire who, unfortunately, passed away during the making of BB:CS. She will be missed (King George the froggie on the other hand...not so much).

But back to Noel. Her combos don't deal quite as much damage as they used to but boy are they flashy. Also love how she can jump cancel her Drive moves now and the improvements to j.D are just awesome. I'm going to miss her basic drive loop though; such a clean, easy, and efficient combo. I'm really not sure what Arcsys was smoking when they removed her 2D overhead. While its not the most unpredictable mixup in the book it kinda sucks now that all anyone has to do vs Noel is block low until she tries going into drive then counter combo the crap out of her. I luvs my Noel though so I'll be sticking with her even though Hazama is the pure embodiment of sex. Glad to finally have a sub.

Generally speaking though BB:CS fixed a lot of the horribly broken aspects of CT. The god tier zoners (Nu, Arakune and the loli formerly known as Rachel) have been neutered to the point where they're about even with the rest of the cast. Hakumen and Tager are no longer low/bottom tier respectively which is nice to further even the playing field. Its strange seeing the previously mid tier Bang and Litchi (and to a lesser extent Ragna, though I'm willing to believe that's more because Kaqn is playing him) dominating. Nowhere near dominating as hard as the previous top tier did but doing very well nonetheless.

I JUST got CS working on my laptop. So excited. Its running extremely slow but honestly I'm just amazed its running at all. Still, any help on getting it to run faster would be very much appreciated. Working on swapping the backgrounds now. Can't wait to play the crap out of this tomorrow.
[+]
 Fairy.Tedwardian
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-02-02 01:28:31
Link | Citer | R

i liked reading that.
game looks cool.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-02 01:36:29
Link | Citer | R

@Kies

I think Aksys removed the 2D overhead because of her 6A (not sure if it's A or B sorry). Compared to other overheads, 6A(B) comes out VERY fast (compare it to Jin's, Litchi's or Bang's) just like Ragna.

The overhead 2D imo, was a fair trade because if you want you can start Chain Revolver with 6C and swap to 2D forcing the guy to think whether you'll use that Chain Revolver ground-only move, Throw or go around the back to tackle.

Noel's mixups were very strong, so I think removing 2D was a fair trade as other characters important characteristics were also removed (mind you, Rachel being the most nerfed).

I'm a Jin/Litchi player (rest assured, not the type of Ice Car Jin's) and I can say that some of the changes were good ones. Air Hishougeki was too cheap for Jin really, and now it's nerfed on the recovery frames.
Jin's DP's got tonned down a bit too, same with all his EX moves.
Actually everything ice-related for Jin was nerfed.. from 5D to 236 and such... but we'll see how it goes (though Buppa is showing new combo possibilities really).
Now the fact that Litchi is the current top tier kind of bugs me. Heard she had a lot of more approach and pressure... hmmm.

Oh check this R1 match vs Kaqn too... might please you, GG.

Seems that while limited, I think she's dealing more dmg with her Chain Revolver combos.
however, think about the possibilities on that 2C and 6C moves ...

AKSYS is surely aiming to a less scrub friendly game for sure.

In all fairness though, with all the zoning characters Rachel was the one who deserved less. Takes quite the skill to play as her and she isn't the type of "there is no way you're approaching me haha" zoning like v-13 or Arakune. Sure she can runs fast, up to a point and with a cost: Silpheed.

But having Tiny Lobelia, George the XIII and Pumpkin nerfed is too much as she can't do anything at all now. What did she gain in exchange? Air sword iris? what for? If you're in the air you won't be able to combo in the first place seeing that you need to DASH to score those j.B's and j.C's after Sword Iris.

And, what's up with Tager's 360 dishing out over 3k dmg? That's kind of too much to me imo.
That and Gadget Finger... think about it. Suck an Atomic Collider and now you need to think, after Gadget Finger is the guy going to Sledge, 360 or overhead/down atk?
Put that up with increase with Volt Spark metter, higher priority, new 5D move and the same 720 doing 5k dmg... boy oh boy.

Seriously, I think Mike Z is going to rule this game >_>

*edit*
Damn, long post is long.
Sorry about that
By Skyshadow 2010-02-02 16:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Buppa's back in action, looks like he's playing Hazama. Pretty damn good at him too.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-02 16:15:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, and lately he's playing Hakumen too.
Very interesting...

I heard Kaqn was considering Hakumen and Jin main too so =O ... let's see how things unfold~

Though I still think Mike Z is still a big headache with his Tager hahaha.
Kudos to Mike Z
 Leviathan.Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2010-02-02 20:46:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm gay for Bridget. That, my friends, is why I main Noel.
 Ragnarok.Kies
By Ragnarok.Kies 2010-02-02 23:13:29
Link | Citer | R

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST IS EXTREMELY LONG AND CONTAINS COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF BLAZING OF THE BLUE.

Skyshadow said:
Buppa's back in action, looks like he's playing Hazama. Pretty damn good at him too.

Buppa, Kaqn and Shadow seem to be hopping around characters quite a lot. Its nice to see them try characters out of their comfort zone (and gives people who play against them a legitimate chance of winning *cough*)

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
I'm a Jin/Litchi player (rest assured, not the type of Ice Car Jin's) and I can say that some of the changes were good ones. Air Hishougeki was too cheap for Jin really, and now it's nerfed on the recovery frames.
Jin's DP's got tonned down a bit too, same with all his EX moves.
Actually everything ice-related for Jin was nerfed.. from 5D to 236 and such... but we'll see how it goes (though Buppa is showing new combo possibilities really).

Yeah, Jins ice took a major hit with the waggle mechanic removed. No offense to any Jin mainers out there but IMO the ice "waggle back and forth frantically to escape before you get black beat comboed" was one of the stupidest and most annoying mechanics in the game. It was such an imprecise movement. Seriously that was the most frustrating thing about fighting Jin's online. Ice Car spammers were annoying but easily dealt with by blocking and punishing. 5D spammers, on the other hand, were simply infuriating. Frantic waggling more often than not led to facing the wrong way to block, which just led to combo reset + refreeze. It got to the point where I simply stopped pressing anything while frozen and ate the black beat combos, letting poration + only 1 freeze per combo do its thing....At least until they started ending their black beat combos with a D special in order to freeze me yet again. Hopefully these changes will descrubbifiy Jin and make him more of a challenge and less of an annoyance to fight online. Not saying that there aren't good Jins out there that don't sit back and spam 5D/Ice Car all day; just that the number who DO far outweigh the number who DON'T unfortunately.

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
Oh check this R1 match vs Kaqn too... might please you, GG.

I've actually already seen that vid :D. R-1 is really the only reason I haven't abandoned all hope for Noel and moved on. He's doing some really impressive things with her and proving not ALL of our combo options are gone. Thank god 22B/C loops still work, they were definitely my favorite Noel combos in CT. Even though they're only doing a fraction of the damage they did in CT (I'm looking at you, Rachel. You and your wonderful 8K+ damage corner 22B/C loop)

Vid related: It's R-1 owning. Also greatest song on the CS soundtrack: Memory of Tears Noel vs Tsubaki Theme

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
I think Aksys removed the 2D overhead because of her 6A (not sure if it's A or B sorry). Compared to other overheads, 6A(B) comes out VERY fast (compare it to Jin's, Litchi's or Bang's) just like Ragna.

The overhead 2D imo, was a fair trade because if you want you can start Chain Revolver with 6C and swap to 2D forcing the guy to think whether you'll use that Chain Revolver ground-only move, Throw or go around the back to tackle.

Noel's mixups were very strong, so I think removing 2D was a fair trade as other characters important characteristics were also removed (mind you, Rachel being the most nerfed).

While its true that Noel's 6B is very fast and very effective you can only link to it (on block) from 5A 2A 5B (I think) and 2B. It also porates even MORE than it did in CT x_x and in CT going into her BnB from a 6B rather than, say, a 3C netted about a 500+ difference in damage (don't have my PS3 handy so can't check exact numbers now) but yeah.

It wouldn't be so bad losing the rather gimmicy 2D overhead if characters like Litchi and Bang didn't have their insane mixup options left intact. On the bright side Noel's Drive attacks all got buffed pretty nicely; with faster Chain Revolver openers and extra invincibility frames on a few of them there might be some potential for mid Chain Revolver mixups and block strings. Just from playing for a few minutes today her 6D low kick Chain Revolver opener is REALLY fast; might be some hope there.

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
In all fairness though, with all the zoning characters Rachel was the one who deserved less. Takes quite the skill to play as her and she isn't the type of "there is no way you're approaching me haha" zoning like v-13 or Arakune. Sure she can runs fast, up to a point and with a cost: Silpheed.

But having Tiny Lobelia, George the XIII and Pumpkin nerfed is too much as she can't do anything at all now. What did she gain in exchange? Air sword iris? what for? If you're in the air you won't be able to combo in the first place seeing that you need to DASH to score those j.B's and j.C's after Sword Iris.

Agreed. Anyone could pick up Nu and spam D all day and Arakune was essentially land one curse and you win (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES). Rachel was only god tier when the person using her understood how to properly set up the battlefield in Rachel's favor and effectively use her limited Silphed charges. She didn't have an instawin button (though at times King George felt like he was powerful enough to be his own character). Nerf her zoning tools and overall damage potential and what are you left with? A token loli vampire girl with weak, limited range normals, few mixup options and laughable pressure game without burning silphed charges.

The worst part is Arcsys did a really good job balancing the other previous god tier zoners to a manageable level. Arakune now has to actually work for his curse and isn't such a crapshot of a battle; Nu [spoiler]*cough Lambda cough*[/spoiler] can still zone but doesn't deal nearly as much damage per landed hit and Carl lost his loop but was compensated with a GREAT new zoning tool and revamped doll mechanics. I don't get why Rachel was the only one to be made nearly unplayable by CS while Arcsys did such a great job with the other zoners. Oh well...Maybe Rachel will be back to Mid or even High tier come BB:CR (BB:CT > BB:CS > BB:CR. You heard it here first).

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
And, what's up with Tager's 360 dishing out over 3k dmg? That's kind of too much to me imo.
That and Gadget Finger... think about it. Suck an Atomic Collider and now you need to think, after Gadget Finger is the guy going to Sledge, 360 or overhead/down atk?
Put that up with increase with Volt Spark metter, higher priority, new 5D move and the same 720 doing 5k dmg... boy oh boy.

Seriously, I think Mike Z is going to rule this game

I'm pretty sure 360B did over 3K damage in CT :O even more if you combo after it. Its 360A that deals a bit less. If that was a 360A in the vid then disregard this comment (vid isn't loading on my laptop D: ).

Gadget Finger really does revolutionize Tager's gameplay. Now after pretty much every combo Tager gets to force his opponent into a guessing game that, if Tager predicts properly, leads right back into another Gadget Finger combo. Seems like Arcsys is really trying to make up for all the abuse Tager mains took in CT. Can't wait to see how Mike Z employs Tager's new and improved REAL SOVIET DAMAGE :3.

I was supposed to be writing an essay for class tomorrow. Maybe I should just edit this post a bit and change a few terms around (Noel = Ancient Greece, Tager = The Soviet Union, Chain Revolver = Similarities in foregin policy? Maybe?) and just turn it in for a grade tomorrow. Can't say it isn't long enough.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-03 13:36:57
Link | Citer | R

Discussion aside, shall we turn this topic into "Post your favorite BB:CT & CS Videos" ?
Character rants / player GG's and all, all welcomed!!

Kudos to Buppa, Shtkn and Kappawin my RL friend... they are my heroes really.
Also Alistarn from my server, one hell of a Tager player.

Good match:

*edit*
I'm excited about this thread.
I really enjoy this game and meeting other people who enjoy put a Mamesmile on my face lewlz.
 Ragnarok.Kies
By Ragnarok.Kies 2010-02-03 22:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
Discussion aside, shall we turn this topic into "Post your favorite BB:CT & CS Videos" ?
Character rants / player GG's and all, all welcomed!!

I thought you'd never ask~

This one is a must watch for both fans and non-fans alike. A bunch of flashy, crazy, and over the top combos with superb editing and a kick *** song.

Astral Finish montage:

The infamous Mike Z offers the greatest character tutorial EVER CREATED. PITIFUL CAPITALIST ATTACKS STAND NO CHANCE AGAINST REAL SOVIET DAMAGE.

ao-SLAMoclast (BB main theme iconoclast mixed with Space Jam...oh my)

Tao is Taokaka

I don't wanna blow ALL my good stuff in one post so I'll leave it at that for now :D. Anyone here play BB on PS3? My Noel is starting to get rusty.
By Skyshadow 2010-02-05 17:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Check out this action packed Arakune fight, so much intensity! (lil bit of sarcasm in that), Shows the infinite loop aswell, tho he doesnt get it full, can go up to like 150 hits lol, no blackbeat.
By Skyshadow 2010-02-09 01:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Woo Big post, check it out. New char for Console release of CS

Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-10 15:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Goddamn, nice find Skyshadow!

Story *be aware might contain spoiler guys*:
So this is mu-12 huh? She's actually Noel then?
And is that Noel with Azure Grimoire?

*end of spoiler*

Sorry guys, I was a bit afk!
But for all means, please let's keep this thread alive. Much love for Blazblue:

I tried CS today and Jin's so very different.. tried Litchi too but damn, need to-relearn everything.
And yeay, lambda-11 isn't abusable anymore!

Sharing a Buppa (Jin) versus Ertai (Hazama) vid:

Notice how Jin's rushdown got a lil bit nerfed (5D being practically almost useless now)
but at the same time he's much more melee-friendly now.
seems like his gameplay was upgraded to more rawr-slash and less ice-refreeze.

Oh also, check this out for Taokaka players:
 Garuda.Alistarn
user: Alistarn
By Garuda.Alistarn 2010-02-10 15:24:10
Link | Citer | R

I've played a couple of times in an arcade with some friends of mine. From my experience, Litchi seems pretty much the same, but with different combos. Once she gets you into the corner, it's pretty much rape from there.

I like how Tager is stronger too. He doesn't get raped by everything like in CT and I feel he can get in more easily. Gadget finger mix ups are fun, but it is not by all means inescapable seeing how both sides have to guess what the other player is going to do. Also: TAGER IS NOT TOP, HE IS SOLID MID TIER.

Ragna plays the same way he did in CT, just remember to end your aircombos with Belial edge>5D>stuff in the corner. Belial edge juggles midscreen don't seem to work since the last hit that bounces whiffs.

Bang is OMGWTFBBQ in the game. Best character in CS. They reallllly buffed him this time around.

That's all I got from my trips to the arcade. Need to play against more people~
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-10 15:35:37
Link | Citer | R

Alistarn! I seriously lab that guy!
Friend + Partner + Fearsome *** Tager.
 Lakshmi.Kurenka
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Kurenka
By Lakshmi.Kurenka 2010-02-10 16:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Obleixthemighty said:
"For everyone that is out of the hoop! Blazblue Contunuum Shift was leaked onto the internet sometime last week. Since a lot of people do not have an arcade, I just thought that I'd tell you.

We have been told"

not sure if that is a word for word translation...but for pity sake, please at least try to make an attempt at spelling and grammar.

Thanks for this translation, I honestly had no clue what the first post said :D
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-11 16:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Today I fought a CS: Bang
Boy oh boy.

Thoughts:
-He has impregnable mixup pressure.
-His basic stuff is high damaging.
-His zone with the Shurikens are so good that allow you to maneauver the way you really want in the air. The angle in which he can throw the Shurikens haven't changed but the ricochet seems to come fast. It becomes a guessing game then: Is he IADing forwarding for mix up? Is he going to IAD backwards and do it again? Is he going to IAD forward for D?
-Ashura is strong as hell too.

Alistarn must be happy~
By Skyshadow 2010-02-11 19:53:01
Link | Citer | R

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1068340p1.html

Interesting article about console CS to come in the future, and just some random knowledge about the game.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1231947_1407.html

Some clean scans of Mu-12, I really hope she plays in an original way, not another Nu.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-12 13:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, actually I think there's no point in giving Mu-12 Nu-13's gameplay... we already have 2 and a half zoning characters...
Ppl QQ'd too much about Nu-13's gameplay thus she was heavily nerfed in CS.

I do believe Mu-12 will be much more melee-oriented than zoning...
 Valefor.Eirinne
Serveur: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-02-12 13:35:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Mizuo said:
for errone thats out of teh roop! blazblue continuum shift was leaked onto teh interwebz aboot last week. since a lot ofpeople dont have arcades with it i just thought that id tell you.

well, you be'z told yo.

ps. hazama rapes face hardcore.

whoa. needed my teen daughter help me read that one ;)
 Ragnarok.Kies
By Ragnarok.Kies 2010-02-12 15:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Skyshadow said:
Woo Big post, check it out. New char for Console release of CS

Oh my!

*Spoilers*
Even as a robot Noel is still delicious :D
Guess Hazama really lucked out. Quite a good looking tool of utter destruction.
*End Spoilers*

BTW; Translation of the article (Spoilers Included) http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7381&page=120

Non-Spoiler version of system changes for Continuum Shift Console Release:

Beginner Mode returns, allowing simple input for special moves and throws.

There will be new stages in addition to the arcade version stages, and the existing stages will recieve a graphical revamp. There will be more than 11 stages altogether.

Game modes:

Tutorial: Practice and work to learn the basics of the game system.
Arcade: Enjoy the fighting and story of the original arcade version.
Versus: Fight with other players or against the CPU.
Score Attack: Compete for the top score through 15 consecutive matches.
Training: Freely practice special attacks, combos, etc..
Challenge: Complete special missions available for each character.
Legion: Defeat and conquer enemy locations on a map.
Story: Experience the story of each character.
Gallery: Listen to BGM and voice acting, look at artwork, and watch cutscenes.
Replay Theater: Watch the replay data from network mode.
Network: Online game ranking, players can save replays.

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
Goddamn, nice find Skyshadow!
I tried CS today and Jin's so very different.. tried Litchi too but damn, need to-relearn everything.
And yeay, lambda-11 isn't abusable anymore!

Yeah :D Jin's shaping up to be more of a genuine and less of a gimmicy character. Litchi has a few minor changes but once you regrasp her character you'll be very pleased with the changes. And yes! Charge bar on gravity well, slow and less damaging sword spam and much more manageable :D!

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
Oh also, check this out for Taokaka players:

TAO TAUNT LOOP UGHHHH D:. Thanks, ArcSys. At least Carl's Clap Loop and Arakunes Bug Loop didn't have them TAUNTING for insane damage (though they did pretty much take out 100% HP but..yeah). Tao's loop is just insulting ; ; and very very painful...

Garuda.Alistarn said:
I've played a couple of times in an arcade with some friends of mine.

/jealous. There are NO arcades in my area ; ; let alone arcades savvy enough to have BlazBlue cabinets set up.

But honestly; on the subject of Mu-12...I'm really not that excited about her. I mean she's got a nice character model and all but she just sounds so...uninteresting (Hobbies: Destruction, Likes: Destruction, Dislikes: The World. Sound familiar? All thats missing is ILY RAGNA RAGNA RAGNA RAGNA). All of the articles I've read mention that she's "console exclusive"; that could either be a mistranslation or mean shes too much of a clone/too broken to be used in serious play. I'll save my judgement of her until she's playable but I can't say my expectations are very high. Now if they announced Valkenhayne or Jubei or Kokonoe or something...THAT would be a different story.
By Skyshadow 2010-02-12 15:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I feel the same Kies. Console only screams broken to me lol, I never really played the later GG games, but I know Justice and the other char (too lazy to look him up) were pretty hax.

I really was hoping they would add the chick with the Black Mage hat/cool robe from the hero's picture ;_;, Didnt happen tho.

And as for cabinets, we only got 1 here downtown, and no one really plays it. Sucks cuz there are 4 street fighter IV cabinets right beside it always packed with people, and I suck too much at that game to play vs other people > <.
First Page 2 3