Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » BB: CS leak :O
BB: CS leak :O
 Ragnarok.Kies
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Kies
By Ragnarok.Kies 2010-02-28 04:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Sorry I haven't posted in so long! Been busy with school and medical issues but yeah!
Skyshadow said:
New stuff, enjoy if you havent seen.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/239/239642/
New menu and a few more SSs.
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1232287_1124.html
And supposedly Taokaka's Face might be actually visible soon!
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/239/239658/img.html

Also a new tier list, which came out where all the new info is comming from.
S: Litchi, Bang, Ragna
A: Hakumen, Carl
B: Arakune, Hazama, Taokaka, Lamda, Jin, Noel, Tager, Tsubaki
C: Rachel

DISCUSS! LETS BRING THIS TOPIC BACK TO LIFE!

Holy crap that's a lot of new screens. And judging by http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/239/239650/img.html

YEEEESSS! Noel x Tsubaki is finally cannon!... Don't ruin my dreams. These two are so perfect for each other. Don't deny it by saying they both love Jin. Jin only has eyes for Ragna anyways. THEIR LOVE FOR JIN AND INEVITABLE REJECTION IS WHAT BRINGS THEM TOGETHER IN THE FIRST PLACE! (At least according to my fanfic...kidding so don't ask for it :( )

Wow...14 options on the main menu. And lol @ Rachel being the tutorial instructor. "No, you idiot. As Jin your only form of attack is Quarter Circle Back A/B/C/D and grab. Do not trifle with me, you insignificant worm and finish this combo!" I hope she does the voiced tutorial for Hazama too. Pic related:

Challenge and Legion mode look awesome. I was considering buying the PSP version just for Legion mode but seeing that its coming out in CS I think I'll skip destroying my thumb trying to do correct inputs on that painful excuse for a d-pad (At least its not an Xbox d-pad Oh~o!)

Tierlist is pretty much spot on though I think Ragna was bumped down to A tier. Glad to see there are so many characters in B tier; the closer we get to a balanced roster the better! It still feels incredibly awkward seeing Litchi and Bang as S tier, though. In CT they were both average characters at best. I guess I just never imagined I'd live to see one of the comic relief characters (imo Bang and Taokaka) as S tier. Hopefully come BB:CR it'll be Noel's turn to shine ; ;.

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
Game is from the same creators of Guilty Gear so you know what to expect:

--Rapid Cancels
--Big combo strings
--Status for your characters (i.e. some take more damage than the others / some deal more damage)
--Uniqueness
--Barrier Bursts
--Good Looking graphics
--Pretty much one of the best stories you've ever seen in a fighting game, comparable to some other games out there

No regrets whatsoever on this game, it's seriously my best purchase on PS3 and playing this with friends is very very awesome.
I love this game >_> really. I'd marry this game if I could.

Btw! This is going to sound like a "Thanks for pointing that out captain obvious" thing but, if you take a look at the lvl of gameplay of the videos in this thread you'll see how tactical / fast paced the game is.
It also welcomes both casual and hardcore players. There are things that will piss you off depending on how serious you take the game though (i.e. V-13 spamming D) BUT... overall, very good game.

Agree with you on every point. Aksys did an incredible job making unique characters imo. I recently picked up Street Fighter 4 and while I enjoy it to an extent every character feels exactly the same. I realize that characters have specific strengths and fighting types like Zangeif being a grappler and Ryu being an all around jack of all trades character but they all felt so stiff and the same. Tagers your average grappaling character...until you throw in the brilliant magnetism mechanic that perfectly compliments his slow speed and inability to dash. Then Jin as the jack of all trades with your run of the mill projectile, dragon punch, anti airs, knockdown tools etc...but the freezing mechanic compliments his style so well.

You have to give Aksys credit for being able to balance characters with such unique and abuseable mechanics (like Rachels frog pumpkin and wind spam...well in CT at least!) and as the first of the series its incredible that the balance wasn't even more fked up that it was.

Marrying part as well. NOEL IS MAI WAIFU (Ask Anye, she knows <3~). Sorry to keep you waiting so long, Mame! I'm back and ready to nerd out!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Skyshadow 2010-03-30 15:15:19
Link | Citer | R

http://www.famitsu.com/image/7406/VKM5Wg3l6NQzKitNcIbNLDGaMu2Yh22Q.html

:)
 Garuda.Mameshiba
Serveur: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-03-30 15:26:20
Link | Citer | R

Wow Kies =D
I feel bad, you bumped this post and I never even noticed.
LOLZ. I'm sorry.

I'll pm Anye to plug your ear into this thread again ;3 YO!

How's everyone's experience with CS so far?
As for myself, I can safely say that Hakumen and Tager impose a big threat for characters such as Ragna and Jin now.

Seriously there is no damage mitigation, their DMG is just HUGE HUGE!
watch out for those traps ;3

*edit*
GAWDANG
Huge fan service right there!
 Ragnarok.Kies
By Ragnarok.Kies 2010-04-07 21:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Mame! Its been a while! I thought you forgot about me! Sorry for the late response but I'm here and ready to Blaz some Blues!

NEW INFO! Mu-12 has a SERIOUS case of "DAT-***" syndrome. Holy hell I'm assuming you've seen her battle sprite. DAT *** Rivals even Litchi's meat buns in terms of fan-service-ness.

RELEASE DATE IS SET FOR JULY 1ST :D! Now as long as they do a silmultaneous JP/EN release I'll be so happy.

They recomissioned Kotoko to do the opening song! You can hear it in the second half of this trailer:

And the obligatory violin rendition by everyone's favorite Arakune Pillow owning violinist.

People seem to already be hating on the new top tier (Litchi and Bang mostly. Ragna is mostly hateless for some reason, though he shares the top tier slot). After playing with Bang a bit more in CT and comparing it to the CS Bang videos it REALLY seems like his combo options have opened up. And Litchi with her full screen 40%+ damage combos that also push you into the corner and leave you in a series of mindgames (which tech and when, where to block on wakeup, how the hell you plan on getting out of the corner etc.) That was already ridiculous in CT but man; Litchi and Bang are just scary in CS. And they're getting the hate that used to be exclusive to Arakune, Rachel and Nu mainers. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Makes me glad that Noel is still comfertably low tier :)
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2010-04-08 15:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for the late reply too. Because of these account thingies, I forgot to check the thread.

I'm Mame, btw.

OKAY Kies (and everyone else reading this):
Let's lvl up our BB thread with some things aside the info on BB: CS that is on the neat.

How about we share the experiences we're having with CS so far?
I'll start with this post and hopefully someone out there who reads this can help me out.

For starters, I'll be using dustloop language... kay?
(I know I should be posting this in dustloop but it's never too late to spread the love that is Blazblue to the FFXI community).

Before I start this post (I'll try to be as short as possible), please keep in mind that I am a Jin Kisaragi player.
With that perspective in mind... let's start this:

Mamecase #1: Ragna the Bloodedge.
Kay so there's BB:CS EMULATED in an arcade house near me. It's obviously the leaked CS version for PC. I only really play there to feel the CS feeling ... it's not very practical to play because the game runs in 30 FPS.

BUT... I fought this Ragna, can't win against him.

Strong points I've seen on Ragna so far:
--Might be just my impression but I think he's slightly higher-priority on his moves now. I couldn't counter some of them with my Fubuki (DP, 623 A or B).
--Dead Spikes is goddamn useful now. After his 5D he can link with Dead Spikes and the hit box became SO HUGE.. I'm far away yet blocking.
--Anything Beliel Edge related fill a good part of his HEAT gauge. That being said, Ragna builds HEAT faster than any other guy I played so far.

WITH THAT IN MIND, KIND FFXIAH COMMUNITY I ASK: "WHAT DO?".

Here's the overview:
Guy starts the round with B. We're in 30 FPS, I can't fubuki in time, I simply IB it.

what do against Ragna's 5D + dash cancel pressure?
The fact that he builds HEAT so fast allows him to do so many RC's that it's not even fun to say. Sometimes you think the follow up of Hell's Fang is coming, sometimes it's RC with dash + either overhead or 2B.

What's the deal with his j.C? Seriously the swing ark is so huge, I can barely compete using my j.C alone (and that's because Jin's j.C is ridiculously powerful in this game).
It's angle is air to air and air to ground too? Why j.B when you have such a j.C?

How to avoid corner setups at 30 fps? Is it possible to react after block 6C and foresee hell's fang coming? I can't seem to fubuki in time (the guy scores a CH whenever I did try it).

How exactly do I pin a Ragna down or start a offensive strategy on him? It seems that Ragna takes on the offensive side much more than other players. He's very aggressive... I can't seem to find some flaws in his offense to react in time (specially because of the FPS)...

Anyways, Kies I think you're experienced
help me out if you can ya?
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-04-08 16:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
How exactly do I pin a Ragna down or start a offensive strategy on him? It seems that Ragna takes on the offensive side much more than other players. He's very aggressive... I can't seem to find some flaws in his offense to react in time (specially because of the FPS)...
LOL Kies has experienced this JUST last night.... He was doing Tager vs. Ragna and had a hard time beating Ragna... but he got it in the end. <3 \o/
By Skyshadow 2010-04-09 02:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Mame I dont know how much I can help. I did play ragna and my friend did play Jin in CT. We didnt really get into CS too much so far, so I dont know how much the prioritys changed.

What my friend did against me worked pretty well I guess, I think one of the most annoying tools he had was SRK D.

Once he got pressure on me he would like to cross up with 5D aswell, I think it was; the snowflake. Can use the A version of 256 on wakeup aswell, might be tricksty. There pretty noob tactics I guess, I dont know what is hot and what is not really.

Ragna is just intense as ***, all his stuff combo's so its really hard to know whats comming unless you know your opponent. Ragna is gonna be a tricky match for anyone in CS, A/S tier action right here.

I dislike playing top top tiers in games, so ive been playing around with Tsubaki. I got all her combo's down pat, she's really fun to play. I just wish her DMG was higher :|.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2010-05-09 13:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Just wanna leave this here...
 Ragnarok.Kies
By Ragnarok.Kies 2010-05-20 03:54:09
Link | Citer | R

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS IM STILL ALIVE: THE SUPER ROUGH DRAFT POST! IM SORRY GUYS ; ; i havent posted in so long. Im so so SO busy with classes and such sothis is what i have so far!

Sorry for the late response! Been extremely busy with classes and in all honesty I haven't been able to play CS at all. My computer simply isn't powerful enough to run it so I'll just reflect some of my personal experiences with Ragna (From CT mind you) and what I've seen/read/heard about his changes.
Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Strong points I've seen on Ragna so far:
--Might be just my impression but I think he's slightly higher-priority on his moves now. I couldn't counter some of them with my Fubuki (DP, 623 A or B).
--Dead Spikes is goddamn useful now. After his 5D he can link with Dead Spikes and the hit box became SO HUGE.. I'm far away yet blocking.
--Anything Beliel Edge related fill a good part of his HEAT gauge. That being said, Ragna builds HEAT faster than any other guy I played so far.

WITH THAT IN MIND, KIND FFXIAH COMMUNITY I ASK: "WHAT DO?".

Yeah, most of his moves were already pretty high priority and now from the vids I've seen its even more prominent now in CS. I don't see how you wouldn't be able to counter his pokes with Jin's A+B DPs...unless they got nerfed. When are you using Fubuki? While hes pressuring you?

Next, yeah, with the new Guard Crush system his Dead Spike has gone from a ***tier useless move to an incredible guard demolishing tool. In CT he was already a PRO at pushing the guard libra so I guess this is Arcsys' way of making him the same guard crushing beast he was in CT. Still, though, if you block it you should be pushed far enough out of his range that he can't rush in and restart pressure for free; especially since you've got Jins handy little C DP. You have to make him fear rushing in blindly because thats what Ragna is all about. Don't be predictable with your DPs and try to zone him out with your ice swords, 2D and 5D. Ragna doesn't have a single projectile move so as long as you keep him at swords length you should be able to turn the tide.

While I have no first hand experience with Berial Edge it really does build heat ridiculously fast. I've even seen vids with 2 Berial Edges in a single combo WITH plenty of Drive Draining moves. Ragna also has a lot of choices on what he does with that heat, and if you're fighting one that has the proper speed to dash in and combo with 5B AFTER a 22C then you're really in trouble. My advice is the same as before; make good use of Jin's DPs. You have a lot more options on wake up after a combo ending corner 22C and you should also be building a fair amount of heat by being hit by Ragna's long *** combos. Don't be afraid to risk 25 of that Heat on a D DP. You won't get much damage on it especially if you're in the corner but at least it'll get him away for a few seconds.

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Here's the overview:
Guy starts the round with B. We're in 30 FPS, I can't fubuki in time, I simply IB it.

Have you tried jumping + IAD or backdashing? Letting him get the pressure on you that early in the match isn't something you want. If he ALWAYS does 5B you could try C DP if none of the escape options are working.
Lakshmi.Seoha said:
what do against Ragna's 5D dash cancel pressure?
The fact that he builds HEAT so fast allows him to do so many RC's that it's not even fun to say. Sometimes you think the follow up of Hell's Fang is coming, sometimes it's RC with dash either overhead or 2B.

I've actually been training a lot against these kinds of pressure; only as my main/waifu Noel, though. After a 5D dash cancel Ragna has a few options.

1. He can follow up with a pressure starter (5A, 5B, 2B, 6B, etc) if you keep blocking he gets another free pressure string so as Noel I simply 4D (the one where she steps backwards and shoots the ground in front of her), which is a baby DP. The equivalent would be Jin's C DP, it should hit whatever part of his body he's using to attack you with the follow up. It beats all of his follow ups except...

2. He can also follow up with an ID. This is EXTREMELY risky on his part but its hard to predict and leads to some great returns for him at least. Counter: The only way I found to properly counter this follow up is to predict it and block the ID then punish for some nice damage. However if he has heat he can...

3. Rapid Cancel

What's the deal with his j.C? Seriously the swing ark is so huge, I can barely compete using my j.C alone (and that's because Jin's j.C is ridiculously powerful in this game).
It's angle is air to air and air to ground too? Why j.B when you have such a j.C?

How to avoid corner setups at 30 fps? Is it possible to react after block 6C and foresee hell's fang coming? I can't seem to fubuki in time (the guy scores a CH whenever I did try it).

Anyways, Kies I think you're experienced
help me out if you can ya?[/quote]