Would Anyone Be So Kind As To Explain My Job In Dynamis?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Would anyone be so kind as to explain my job in dynamis?
Would anyone be so kind as to explain my job in dynamis?
First Page 2
By slipispsycho 2010-01-24 01:10:34
Link | Citer | R

I've only recently came back, and back when I did do dynamis, I never really saw a Dancer in dynamis.. I've never partied on Dancer either (someone was playing on my account for awhile after I left, I came back to 68 Dancer when I hadn't even unlocked it before I left)

I've spent a good deal of time messing around on Dancer and have a good feel for it's capabilities and such, but I really don't want just assume my place in the grand scheme when it comes to something like dynamis, I'd rather look stupid here and cause at most someone's aggervation, then be stupid when I get in dynamis and get people killed/completely screw over the dynamis.

[+]
 Seraph.Tankjr
Serveur: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Tankjr
By Seraph.Tankjr 2010-01-24 01:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Haste samba in the party of relic sams
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-24 01:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Depends on how lazy you are.

Healing and sambas for your party. Steps on the mobs that live longer. i.e. MNKs and NMs.

otherwise, it's lamo weaponskills
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-24 01:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Haste samba is pretty much all DNC can be useful for in endgame. Maybe not Dynamis but anything higher level, DNC will feed tons of TP and hit for 0s too often.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-24 02:04:05
Link | Citer | R

I'd say level something a bit more useful in endgame as soon as you can. dnc is still a fun job though.
By Bethanie 2010-01-24 03:15:43
Link | Citer | R

I have 4 75's Dnc, Thf, Cor and Sch no DD and more often than not im asked to go Dnc. Im nearly fully merited so haste samba is a must to keep up. Steps to keep your TP up for extra heals as can get 75 TP back from fully merited reverse flourish. If theres plenty of DD in your party then u will be loved for haste samba but you wont be dealing much damage. Back up cures can be helpful as well. On Shiva I have seen other Dnc's going in with other Dyna shell's so I suppose it depends on your leaders perseption of the role and what other jobs you have and what others have to enhance the run.
 Remora.Abriel
Serveur: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-24 05:41:32
Link | Citer | R

be glad you get to slack off a bit, I know a lot of LSs would lock you into cor or sch for nearly every event, lol.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2010-01-24 06:14:07
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis role depends majorly on your group you run with. Some groups I could be the only healer in the alliance taking care of 2 pld's and 2 parties of melee (4-5 melee and 1-2 buffers). Others I had to struggle to balance mp for a single melee party alone. An alliance of melee with sam or /sam should rarely need healing, unless they stand in the wrong spots a lot. A brd/whm should be more than enough healing for all sam or /sam unless they get stupid. No reason for 1 melee to hold hate always, that means others either suck or are not using their tp fast enough to just kill things fast. Had no problems hasting 10-12 people by myself either when good tanks were available and melees didn't play stupidly.

Never saw a role for dnc honestly in my old LS. Mobs died in 5 seconds or less 99% of the time if we had around 30 people show total. BLM tier IV nukes never landed because the mobs died too fast. Didn't matter which dynamis zone never mattered usually. Tavnazia slowed us down a little but only because of the 18 player limit.

Been out of the game since July -- maybe times have changed? hell, for all I know dnc is the only real DD ;-)
 Ragnarok.Inga
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-01-24 06:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Wild Flourish when you have it up in hopes someone hits it, haste samba and support cure.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-01-24 06:36:41
Link | Citer | R

I dont know many ls leader that would let me come dnc for dynamis, unfortually, I lvld up too much usefull job to get that luck >.<
This surely depends of what kind of set up your dyna ls use.But my best guess is to haste samba/support heal.If your ls doesnt use nins/plds, you can animated flourish mnks or statues to help blm a bit i guess.Even if animated flourish is kind of fail >.< Could try using wild flourish as well, but i found the stun rate REALLY bad.I have af2 body sleeping in mh, I'm just 72 atm, maybe that body helps the rate, I cant say.
 Kujata.Gwenyvere
Serveur: Kujata
user: Furyspawn
By Kujata.Gwenyvere 2010-01-24 07:35:06
Link | Citer | R

DNC is amazing in Dynamis. I've solo cured a DD party (including Souleater DRKs) with no problem, usually from Drain Samba III alone. I've also kited mobs/NMs with Desperate Flourish and Chocobo Jig when there were wipes. It didn't take very much gear either to do well, just basic accuracy and haste for TP gain and AF for waltzes.

Haste Samba is overrated compared to Drain Samba III in my opinion. 2-handers get a ton of HP back per swing, enough to "cure" themselves. Like everything though, it's situational. If your party is at full HP, Haste Samba is going to be better; if they're being silly and not subbing NIN, Drain Samba really shines.
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-24 08:01:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure testing was done, but I've been told relic body greatly increases wild flourish's land/stun rate.
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-24 12:55:25
Link | Citer | R

I know it's been said to an extent but...

I go DNC to low-man Dynamises. Cities only, with the occasional Beaucedine. I have 5/5 Haste Samba merits, and I feel this is a must for any DNC who wants to do something more than Campaign. With that said, I fulltime Haste Samba (unless there's a really sticky situation, but usually I'd pop Trance instead of Drain Samba III if it's reaaaaally that bad, or both.) and pop cures to mainly the main assist, or those who are hit by AOEs/pull random hate etc. A normal healing role.

If the mobs aren't doing any damage, you can weapon skill, sure the damage is meh but you're a DNC, you can't really expect more. Violent Flourish NIN mobs at 30% so the Melee can WS (and you can too) to finish them off. Usually this is the job of a BLM, but it never hurts for you to try to stick it--if you have good gear you can, and who knows maybe your BLM was slacking off and you just prevented a wipe.

Oh and importantly, offhand a Joyeuse and eat food.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-01-24 13:20:27
Link | Citer | R

You know, I didnt found DNC damage so bad.Remember doing an exp pt and i was trowing out some 500 dmg DE making the taru drk feel more then bad <.<.Sure it's not a sam, but it's still better then nothing xD.I vote for whms meleeing in dynamis as well! :p
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-24 13:35:27
Link | Citer | R

The damage isn't great. Usually my DE did more damage than our THF most of the time, but that's not really saying much. I know my friend's MeleeWHM can out-parse/out-heal my DNC, but he has pretty perfect gear and WSs.... (also still doesn't have Haste Samba! ><;) not to mention how much TP he must feed in the process... still, even with that said I'd rather keep the WHMs safely in the back TYVM. :<

Edit: As an afterthought, you should be spamming Box Step and Reverse Flourishing to gain TP. With Merits you can get 61 TP back every two steps and the timers match quite nicely.

Another Edit: Another afterthought, I spam Stutter Step on NIN mobs.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-01-24 13:38:58
Link | Citer | R

:p CHANGE, yes we can. lol
By slipispsycho 2010-01-24 15:06:14
Link | Citer | R

K, thanks.. I do have 2 other jobs I can go to dynamis on if need be, although one needs a sub leveled a few more levels and the other I just don't particularly care for anymore (BLM is gimped for my 75RDM and I just lost interest in BST along time ago, but it's 72)

As for the mobs falling in just a few seconds, I doubt it, most of the dynamis shouts I see now are saying things like 15/18 and such.. Don't really think there's an over abundance of DD)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-24 15:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
You know, I didnt found DNC damage so bad.Remember doing an exp pt and i was trowing out some 500 dmg DE making the taru drk feel more then bad <.<.Sure it's not a sam, but it's still better then nothing xD.I vote for whms meleeing in dynamis as well! :p
Piercing damage, crit WS, biased eye. You don't have piercing advantage in Dynamis, crit WS viability varies, biased eye is negated by a parse. I feel sorry for the DRK too, but more because I'd be embarrassed to not put out 500+ WS consistently when I've seen good DRKs do that when they missed a hit on Guillo, much less with all 4 hits... these were low-buff EXP parties too.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Ulli
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Ulli 2010-01-24 15:16:15
Link | Citer | R

As the only dnc in a ls, I've had the chance to go dnc to a few city runs(where it would actually be useful.) Pretty much, haste samba and backup cures. I think I got to ws...uhm..never? Mostly because by the time i got to hit the mob a few times it was dead...pretty much, get in a few hits, step whenever it's up, and reverse florish your *** off to keep enough tp up to heal, samba, and everything. But yeah, don't expect to go it to everything.
 Odin.Moondaddy
Serveur: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-01-24 15:35:35
Link | Citer | R

haste and help keep your party alive. dnc can be a god send when a pull goes bad.
 Hades.Elizazo
Serveur: Hades
user: Elizazo
By Hades.Elizazo 2010-01-24 16:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Before I moved and had to quit dynamis due to Time Zone issues, I too was the dancer of my dynamis ls. My role was to main heal (don't forget Healing Waltz btw) my pt also keep the mob debuffed (I always used stutter step due to it lowering the mobs magic defense thus making weapon skills and spells more effective.) Fully merited Reverse Flourish to help with tp gain and yes Haste Samba is a must. Also don't forget with shadows you can help voke mobs off pullers while sleepers are doing their thing. Last but not least the single handed most awesome thing ever for dynamis....stun...yes that's right stun the hell outta all the mobs. Trust me it comes in massively handy for that Monk or Ninja that happens to try to blow himself up and I know I've stopped a few Goblins and the stupid candle move a few times. I never really worried bout weapon skill thought cause I just main healed and stunned the monsters. Hope that was helpful.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-28 19:26:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Haste samba is pretty much all DNC can be useful for in endgame. Maybe not Dynamis but anything higher level, DNC will feed tons of TP and hit for 0s too often.
Wow, so far from the truth.

The best part about dnc is you don't have to touch a mob. You can attack backwards and use steps forever. Not feeding the mob tp. So, basically, you hit it once to give your pt Haste Samba. Then you turn and use steps to lower eva or def. You can even stun the mob.

Another added benefit of dnc is that it can stick gravity on mobs that usually can't be gravitied. We use it on the 8-4 cop fight.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-28 19:53:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Antonioklaus said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Wow, so far from the truth.

The best part about dnc is you don't have to touch a mob. You can attack backwards and use steps forever. Not feeding the mob tp. So, basically, you hit it once to give your pt Haste Samba. Then you turn and use steps to lower eva or def. You can even stun the mob.

Another added benefit of dnc is that it can stick gravity on mobs that usually can't be gravitied. We use it on the 8-4 cop fight.

This is true-ish but wry. You still have to turn and hit every few seconds to re-land samba (don't know exact time in seconds), so you're still feeding TP. You're essentially useless for healing unless you're /sam, but if you're /sam you're eating AoEs without being /nin, assuming the thing AoEs. Yes you can heal, yes you can stun, yes you can gravity but really why. You can just bring a healer. You're still feeding TP with each Samba-refreshing hit. :/
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-28 19:59:47
Link | Citer | R

I don't know about you guys, but anything short of SAM, DRG, DRK tends to hit 0 very frequently on, say, Sky gods or anything harder. DNC is on the low end of damage-per hit and dagger is one of the worst to deal with high DEF. Therefore, common sense will tell you you'll have trouble keeping up Sambas, if you're even able to hit, on said NMs.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-28 20:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
I don't know about you guys, but anything short of SAM, DRG, DRK tends to hit 0 very frequently on, say, Sky gods or anything harder. DNC is on the low end of damage-per hit and dagger is one of the worst to deal with high DEF. Therefore, common sense will tell you you'll have trouble keeping up Sambas, if you're even able to hit, on said NMs.

iirc, hitting for 0 still sticks Samba. Not saying that DNCs should be on higher-level mobs, just saying I think it does still stick. If you whiff that's another story entirely, though.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-28 20:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Ninian said:
Siren.Enternius said:

iirc, hitting for 0 still sticks Samba. Not saying that DNCs should be on higher-level mobs, just saying I think it does still stick. If you whiff that's another story entirely, though.
That may be true.

You still don't get TP for hitting 0, which was my point. And you don't get TP for missing either.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-28 22:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Fully meritted NFR is almost 100% tp. Steps are only 10tp.
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-28 22:57:00
Link | Citer | R

I think the fact that a linkshell will accept a DNC in their alliance, and not make you change jobs, is in itself a feat.

Most shells would only accept real DDs, real healers, real debuffers, real buffers, not one that couldn't do any of that well.

But since you are in a dynamis shell, and as dancer, that is amazing. You must really be good at your job in order to stay as a dancer only.
 Garuda.Sheila
Serveur: Garuda
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2010-01-28 22:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Hehe when I read the title of this post I had a feeling the job you were going to ask about is DNC XD I play DNC in Dynamis also...I just cure, DD bit, kite if need be, keep haste/drain samba up..whichever one is more useful at the time, stun when the timer is up and thats about it! You can throw in a few steps on the mob too...won't hurt haha.

Pretty easy and fun:)
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2010-01-28 23:26:48
Link | Citer | R

sub /whm and spam diaga :p
First Page 2