Would Anyone Be So Kind As To Explain My Job In Dynamis?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Would anyone be so kind as to explain my job in dynamis?
Would anyone be so kind as to explain my job in dynamis?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-01-28 23:31:38
Link | Citer | R

im surprised that nobody has mention desperate flourish

it gives the mob eva- 15~20? i think

not to mention gravity is good from the mob going erratic

and if your LS is low on blms, just throw a stutter step on walking stones
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [123 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Eirwen
Serveur: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2010-06-01 06:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Necro Bump!

I've played DNC in a DD party during our dyna run last night, and I've pretty useful. Had Haste Samba up most of the time, and only switched to Drain Samba when really needed.

Most of the time, I stepped on the mobs with whatever my DD needed to be effective on the mob, and it went usually down before I could do a second step. Then, of course, Reversed Flourish to reset the Finishing Moves, and sometimes tossing a Desperate or Violent Flourish (Especially on certain hard-hitting mobs).

There have been plenty of moments where I would unleash my Dancing Edge on the mobs, without the need for TP to hastily cure any party members.

And on a few times, I tanked a mob, like that one time our main PLD was defeated and our spare one weakened. Good thing I brought my Evasion gear. That was a fun moment!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Fabiano
Serveur: Bismarck
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-07-05 00:59:44
Link | Citer | R

to the guy who said . "tp less enfeeble turn around and do steps" you dont even need to turn around to use step or stun you just need to be in range and have the mob engaged.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-05 03:39:53
Link | Citer | R

OH really? You just blew my world if that's true. Everytime I've tried to step out of range of the mob, my log says, "Target out of range". I'm thinking you're just having latency issues.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-05 03:42:51
Link | Citer | R

OP said:
Would anyone be so kind as to explain my job in dynamis?

Pretend you're there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-07-05 18:17:35
Link | Citer | R

""OH really? You just blew my world if that's true""

dude why turn around to place steps ?

got it ?

send me a pm if you want a video of it .
if you still cant get it you should stop paying your monthly fees

[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-07-05 18:48:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Fabiano said:
""OH really? You just blew my world if that's true""

dude why turn around to place steps ?

got it ?

send me a pm if you want a video of it .
if you still cant get it you should stop paying your monthly fees

This is one of the best "Whooshes" I have seen in a long time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Wilsner
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Wilsner
By Diabolos.Wilsner 2010-07-12 08:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Haste samba is pretty much all DNC can be useful for in endgame. Maybe not Dynamis but anything higher level, DNC will feed tons of TP and hit for 0s too often.

It's quality crap info like this that helps idiot LS leaders decide not to pick Dnc for Events. Good job.

Slipispsycho your have to filter out a lot of the comments from people that either don't play Dnc or Don't know how, I'm sorry :)

Most of the time you should find yourself in a party of DD's so as others have stated swap between haste and drain sambas to best suit them at the time.
With the addition of outside party cures, you are now in a position to offer your TP to the tank and a Dnc's instant Cure can save his ***.
Dnc/sam is the option I now choose for most EG runs as this allows you to to keep your TP up, even when in Dynamis mobs are dieing faster than you can hit them or In sea/sky/etc mobs are harder to hit or do damage to.

Remora.Abriel said:
I'm sure testing was done, but I've been told relic body greatly increases wild flourish's land/stun rate.

I think you mean Violent :)

Slipispsycho Dnc can be a good addition to most fights but It has one HUGE weakness that you will come up against time and time again......Retards :)

(Before I get attacked for spelling or grammar I would like to point out I DON'T CARE)
 Bahamut.Aymee
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Dimitriaz
By Bahamut.Aymee 2010-07-12 09:31:00
Link | Citer | R

A DNC can do a lot in dynamis.
But i'm not gonna lie, even a very well geared DNC won't parse really good. The thing is, you can't focus on DD if you have to use TP for cures and sambas.

A DNC is not "only good for haste samba", but to debuff the mobs, land stun on a MNK 2hr to save a melee's butt, insta-cure for over 600 HP, WSing from time to time, etc.

A DNC's job is to do your best to support and help your party, and everyone else :3
 Odin.Eirwen
Serveur: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2010-07-27 12:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Recently did another Dynamis run, and I've kept my party going the entire run. Haste Samba when all went well, Cures were hardly needed, TP gainage was good even with debuffing, and managed to land a sweet Evisceration every mob. ^^

Our leader even suggested I'd come DNC for a change.
By Asymptotic 2010-07-29 05:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Now that DNC can cure outside of party...here's your job in Dynamis:

1.) Sub SAM.
2.) Use Haste Samba
3.) Use DNC's ridiculous TP generation capabilities to Waltz like mad. Waltz
4.) If you draw hate, pop up fan dance. Mobs in dynamis shouldn't stay awake AND alive long enough to kill you unless some shiz be goin' down.
5.) Sekkanoki and contribute some damage here and there!
6.) Also, with reverse flourish and meditate, you can do this pretty regularly without sacrificing your ability to heal.

Follow these simple instructions, and you'll outheal WHMS in your alliance.
 Asura.Carnivor
Serveur: Asura
user: Carnivor
By Asura.Carnivor 2010-08-13 08:52:11
Link | Citer | R

i know why i dont see more dancers in dyna, and its quite simple.

Most dancers ive seen (like 90% on pickup groups) aim for haste samba and DD. Basically making it fail, none of us want to bring a dd dnc over another war sam drk drg mnk, ppl just get pissed about that.

I go to dyna on DNC to heal and debuff with steps. the end.

Dancer does healing very easy, and doesnt rely on resting, but on actual fighting, which makes for no downtime.

Basically, the damage you deal should not come before your healing.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-13 09:25:14
Link | Citer | R

More people need to listen to Remora.Ninian.

Engage, keep haste samba up, waltz as required and debuff if you have time/TP between everything else.

DDing comes pretty much last on the list of reasons why you would want to bring a DNC to an event. That doesn't mean they can't put up respectable numbers while applying sambas and waltzing, but its a 'happy bi-product' rather than a core job role.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-13 09:26:21
Link | Citer | R

dnc, the new lolpup?

Another underrated job :/