How Would An All-jobs Bell Affect /GEO?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » How would an all-jobs bell affect /GEO?
How would an all-jobs bell affect /GEO?
 Bahamut.Orlanda
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2024-07-03 00:57:54
Link | Citer | R

Discussion topic for you all - SE in their infinite wisdom made all of the handbells in the game GEO only, neutering any purpose for using /GEO as a subjob.

But, what if there was a crappy level 1 All-Jobs handbell added into the game? This would theoretically allow /GEO to cast GEO-spells, even with reduced potency making it a bit less useless.

I've monkeyed with the idea of using BLM/GEO in the past for a few niche purposes and even made a memey max skill set that provides an additional 88 combined skill; this would make an ML50 main job have a total of 586 combined skill.

A few examples of what that skill might bring potency wise:

• Indi-Fury 22.59%

• Indi-Acumen 9.77

• Indi-Focus 32.56

• Indi-Barrier 25.91%

• Indi-Attunement 42.32

• Indi-STR 16.28

• Indi-INT 16.28

• Indi-Precision 32.56

Do you think this would change the meta in any discernable way? I don't think it would unbalance things but would be nice to have one less useless subjob with a cool job kit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-03 03:30:33
Link | Citer | R

the intent for /GEO was always to limit it to just indi- bubbles and have geo-bubbles be strictly the realm of GEO mains.

Problem is when it comes to us players embracing that attitude is that when all you get from /GEO is that indi-bubble, it loses in comparison when laid against damn near any other subjob, in particular in the mage world...and if /GEO had a bell, and the ability to drop both indi- and geo- bubbles, it starts becoming too strong. And good god if it were compared to a non-Idris GEO main....the purpose for a mainjob GEO really shrinks.

I do think there's a real difference between an indi- bubble dropped by a /GEO and a GEO main with JSE neck and no Idris; to the level where if /GEO had more versatility, it would be a viable mix to our toolbox now and then. But for me, the issue isn't the lack of a bell for /GEO, its that the indi-bubble is the only damn thing /GEO brings. If it had some support spells thrown in, either on the enfeebling or enhancing ends, then we're starting to get somewhere in my book.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-03 05:03:16
Link | Citer | R

It would be game breaking for PUPs, SMNs, BSTs, DRGs
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-03 06:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
It would be game breaking for PUPs, SMNs, BSTs, DRGs

lmao I completely forgot about situations where you bring pet jobs just for more targets to AoE attacks who's damage gets split....good god you're right it would be gamebreaking to give essentially "complete" jobs yet another targetable asset in those moments (well, the non-Odyssey subjobless ones hehe)
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2024-07-03 07:59:50
Link | Citer | R

it was a joke since you're limited to one pet
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-03 09:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
it was a joke since you're limited to one pet
please definitely keep throwing this mistake at me for years.....its what I get for never touching pet jobs further than I can throw 'em^^ And thank you for at least cleaning up what needed cleaning for me :)
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-03 09:24:25
Link | Citer | R

Indi-Haste would be the biggest imbalanced thing. (I don't know the percent without the cheatsheet open)

It's always the haste component.

Now that I'm actually home to look, nothing worth writing home about, you might get cor/geo relatively free to pair up with a real geo. Nothing super awesome. Running languor/malaise on a real geo and you get a free indi/geo int/acumen/refresh

Off-meta, you could cut a geo entirely, it'd open a lot up.

Being able to indi-haste would be the only thing of real value for meta.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-07-03 09:25:17
Link | Citer | R

That's level 93, can't use it as /GEO regardless of having access to a handbell
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-03 09:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Wut
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-03 09:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
That's level 93, can't use it as /GEO regardless of having access to a handbell

Don't know without the wiki open to know the level, good catch

Been 119 for far too long to remember what level spells are without looking anymore, especially geo. geo exists as 1 or 99 and nothing else.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2024-07-03 12:55:37
Link | Citer | R

I just need SE to give me an instrument for my Dnc/Brd to become a top star playing Rock n roll.

Whm/Geo and Rdm/Geo would be a thing for party buffs with their getto Geo buffs.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2024-07-03 13:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
I just need SE to give me an instrument for my Dnc/Brd to become a top star playing Rock n roll.

Whm/Geo and Rdm/Geo would be a thing for party buffs with their getto Geo buffs.
marvelous cheer does not allow non-bards to make use of wind instrument skill sadly.

I would love it if SE didn't kill the potential for bard & geo sub like that. it wouldn't be game breaking but it would increase the support any job could give.
people have 80% acc? /geo or /brd acc+. no need to waste a real bard or geo buff on it.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-03 13:11:57
Link | Citer | R

SE should add a new DNC ability: Twerking: chance to inflict charm
 Bahamut.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-07-03 14:12:48
Link | Citer | R

Ineffective against Galkas.
(They do not have reproductive organs and news ones are created via Phoenix-death-rebirth mechanics.)
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-07-03 15:00:19
Link | Citer | R

u think they will make an all job bell when they wont even give geo a new bell?
By Pantafernando 2024-07-03 15:44:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Senaki said: »

Ineffective against Galkas.
(They do not have reproductive organs and news ones are created via Phoenix-death-rebirth mechanics.)

Maybe they just like to watch
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-07-03 17:16:45
Link | Citer | R

A level 1 all jobs handbell and a level 1 all jobs banjo would make /GEO and /BRD interesting subs at least. SJ level buffs wouldn't be anywhere near broken, but would make for some interesting party setups.

Of course there will be people who hate the idea, for the same reason they hate plebes being able to kill bosses.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-07-04 00:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
A level 1 all jobs handbell and a level 1 all jobs banjo would make /GEO and /BRD interesting subs at least. SJ level buffs wouldn't be anywhere near broken, but would make for some interesting party setups.
They would be super nice for Odyssey V25 Fights

...oh wait!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-04 04:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Of course there will be people who hate the idea, for the same reason they hate plebes being able to kill bosses.

For the record, if we get a lv.1 bell and harp, I don't want bell and banjo...make it a maraca and ukulele, and drop 'em on Sept. 16th.
[+]