Stage 4 Prime Weapon's Effect On Sortie

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stage 4 Prime Weapon's effect on Sortie
Stage 4 Prime Weapon's effect on Sortie
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 27 28 29
By Taint 2023-08-04 10:12:24
Link | Citer | R

I smell ChiBlast Rotstion and Formless strikes. Shijin for Plague.
By Dodik 2023-08-04 11:30:44
Link | Citer | R

Dual blm tanks with mana wall on rotation, blu reaving wind/feather tickle, two cors for JA resets and a sch.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-04 11:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Yes, TH increases the drop slots from bosses, it's very noticeable. It wont' do anything for objective chest/coffers though. All the drop system is doing is cloning the drop into everyone who qualifies for it inventory.

Do you have any evidence of that statement or is it anedotal? As far as I'm aware, if it doesn't hit the treasure pool, TH has no affect.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-04 11:31:33
Link | Citer | R

You guys are going to be super disappointed when you find out there's nothing particularly special about the "secret" It's kinda sop.

I don't want it to be "my fault" if it gets "fixed" though.

If they were "pinning" it or found a "wall of justice" sure, that'd be a secret I held on to too.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-04 11:34:08
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Yes, TH increases the drop slots from bosses, it's very noticeable. It wont' do anything for objective chest/coffers though. All the drop system is doing is cloning the drop into everyone who qualifies for it inventory.

Do you have any evidence of that statement or is it anedotal? As far as I'm aware, if it doesn't hit the treasure pool, TH has no affect.

Course it's anecdotal. Does it cost anything to have TH4 on the mob? No, but I'd be surprised if there's any actual metrics to support it doing *** all besides "it feels like I get more drops"
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-04 11:46:07
Link | Citer | R

That's fine if it is... Too many Kool aid folks here would accept that as a statement of fact. I just wanted clarification.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-04 11:49:39
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »

I thought it was established that TH works in incursion which is a similar style of drops?

Someone on the bg wrote for incursion:

Treasure hunter has a noticable effect on the drop rate for receiving coffers

Sounds like more people sharing their "feelings".
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-04 11:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Good news is, if it's easily noticeable then it'd also be easy to collect data to support that it works!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-04 11:51:36
Link | Citer | R

For incursion, TH absolutely works. (I think it's even confirmed by se) There really is a very obvious difference with/without.

That doesn't automatically mean it works on any other personal pool. But it could.
 Bahamut.Mischief
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2023-08-05 23:19:43
Link | Citer | R

Second kill dropped it. We made absolutely sure to put TH4 on it this time, which may or may not impact the drop rate. Just in case there was any doubt left, Mesosiderite does indeed come from Enraged Aminon and probably nothing else.

EDIT: Also confirmation that, like the other -drites, you need the stage 4 Prime Weapon for it to drop. One of our members doesn't have a stage 4 yet, and didn't get one.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-05 23:30:51
Link | Citer | R

Imagine it being 2023 and you dont have atleast four of the following:
Per. Lucky Egg
Wh. Rarab Cap +1
Chaac Belt
one Volte piece
one equippable Reisenjima Armor piece with atleast TH+1.

Unless there is 100% certainty TH is of no effect, there is literally NO reason to not drop a TH4 tag.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-08-05 23:41:44
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, how much time did you shave on your second kill? Was it still 46 minutes?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-08-06 00:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Out of curiosity, how much time did you shave on your second kill? Was it still 46 minutes?

I can't remember the official time, but we shaved a few minutes off. There is always more room for optimization (and better luck), but I doubt that the time will be brought down considerably with the current strategy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-08-06 08:02:23
Link | Citer | R

Someone bring me some more Koolaid spiked with TH. Make sure it's Red.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-08-06 08:29:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Course it's anecdotal. Does it cost anything to have TH4 on the mob? No, but I'd be surprised if there's any actual metrics to support it doing *** all besides "it feels like I get more drops"

More like we were running for months without thinking about it, then suddenly started to get drops more often, thought we were lucky until our SCH mentioned he put TH4 in his Dia macro and had started tagging the bosses. Then our RNG actually made a BS set that hit TH6 and would use that at the start, back when we were doing 6 boss runs. Once we did that almost every boss was droping a box and upgrade items. Some folks left and we've switched to dual SCH and in our fervor to optimize runs we forgot to start applying TH, been a noticeable drop in box / item rate.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Treasure_Hunter

I would think that boxes / -ites are VC and Starstones are C as those line up with what we've seen from no TH (0) to some TH (4/6), but someone would actually have to start tracking that to nail it down.

But TH definitely works on room bosses. They seem to roll regular drop tables, then everyone gets a copy instead of sending it to a central pool.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-06 11:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Nice data
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-06 17:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Are you expecting a dataset of 10000 kills with TH4+ and 10000 kills without any TH? Dude cmon lol all you're gonna get for this is anecdotal eyetest.
 Asura.Auxtaru
user: Auxtaru
By Asura.Auxtaru 2023-08-06 17:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Haha exactly, Saevel is sharing his experience to help you, take it or not. If someone is so adamant about data feel free to do your own tests - make sure to control for number of Tarus and Galkas in each set up.

This nonsense is why I didn't bother to post my experience when I made Prime gun.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-08-06 17:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure it was a joke.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-06 17:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Could be 100 or 150 of each, given how long the event has been out, which would at least be something.

If I said the HQ rates are better in Western Adoulin than in Mog Garden because I eyeballed it, you'd roll your eyes so hard you'd need surgery.

Eyeballing a guess about a game mechanic where you only ever get 1 sample per day, over the course of months, is total guesswork. Especially with something which is already random and could very easily be random variation.

IDK, if someone said they had 50, 80, 100, whatever recorded samples on either side, I'd take it seriously. "Oh I noticed this in my experience and it feels like it works this way" isn't very convincing to me. Sure, putting on TH4 is easy, go for it, not gonna hurt anything, but it's a stretch for me to declare it as working
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-06 20:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Eyeballing a guess about a game mechanic where you only ever get 1 sample per day, over the course of months, is total guesswork. Especially with something which is already random and could very easily be random variation.

And this is why you'll never be able get anything more than anecdotal eyeballed data. By the time the sample size is truly large enough, FF17 will be out.
By SimonSes 2023-08-07 02:30:03
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

And this is why you'll never be able get anything more than anecdotal eyeballed data. By the time the sample size is truly large enough, FF17 will be out.

8 bosses per run. You can get enough sample size in like 4 months.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-07 08:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Could be 100 or 150 of each, given how long the event has been out, which would at least be something.

If I said the HQ rates are better in Western Adoulin than in Mog Garden because I eyeballed it, you'd roll your eyes so hard you'd need surgery.

IDK, if someone said they had 50, 80, 100, whatever recorded samples on either side, I'd take it seriously. "Oh I noticed this in my experience and it feels like it works this way" isn't very convincing to me. Sure, putting on TH4 is easy, go for it, not gonna hurt anything, but it's a stretch for me to declare it as working

Pretty much this. There's no reason not to apply TH since it costs nothing to do so but declaring that something like TH absolutely or definitely works without any actual statistical data is foolish and, again, based on feelings. You're free to feel that you're right and you may very well be, but it isn't a matter of absolute fact until there's evidence to support it. TH isn't as simple as most things to put a binary label onto. Takes a long time and, usually, a lot of samples.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-08-07 08:20:24
Link | Citer | R

TH is free, just like arguing on forums. Just do it!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-07 08:29:18
Link | Citer | R

It's pointless to not put TH4 on everything. It's effortless. Even if you think it does nothing.

Never debate if on TH, only debate how much TH. To care enough for more than 4. TH4 should be in literally every mages dia/bio/poison/stone1 etc
By Meeble 2023-08-07 08:35:11
Link | Citer | R

"Samples per day" is going to be all over the place since not every group is the same, but we can estimate the minimum number of samples required for a single weapon as a baseline.

If your group is doing ~76k 9/9 runs, each Prime is just under 900 bosses(Amnion doesn't count). If you aren't killing the basement bosses or Amnion every time you get the shards/frags for entry, the number of boss kills needed to finish your prime is only going to increase.

So regardless of how quickly you accomplish it, one Prime's worth of samples would probably be enough.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-07 08:35:17
Link | Citer | R

And provoke, weapon bash, blade bash, tomahawk, whatever. I have it on my Swipe set on RUN cause idc about losing a couple hundred dmg on that anyway. Can be applied with lots of things practically for free. Whether it's doing anything for you or not ultimately doesn't matter because of this but it can't be said that it is definitely doing something for you either.
By SimonSes 2023-08-07 08:42:01
Link | Citer | R

I doubt anyone arguing against applying highest available TH. People only arguing, that feelings are not facts.

If we know for sure TH helps, then THF could be a solid alternative as DD and that's the biggest difference between feeling it and knowing it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 27 28 29