Prime WS Information, Testing, Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 68 69 70
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-08 15:48:09
Link | Citer | R

"The servers will get bad on the weekends!" They are randomly bad all the time. It's not like we're preserving some ideal play state currently. Maybe if we wreck them on the weekends, they'll be worth doing on the weekdays when people aren't forced (I SAID IT!) to do them daily or miss out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-02-08 16:27:09
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
5 is way too many, would literally rot your brain. By the 3rd run I'd want to die

[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-08 17:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
"The servers will get bad on the weekends!" They are randomly bad all the time. It's not like we're preserving some ideal play state currently. Maybe if we wreck them on the weekends, they'll be worth doing on the weekdays when people aren't forced (I SAID IT!) to do them daily or miss out.
Except the instances "getting wrecked on the weekends" wouldnt happen. Theres literally a queue system that limits the amount of groups within the instance. The only thing that would happen is groups having to wait longer than usual on Saturday. And guess what they can do instead of waiting: they can arrange with their group to do the content on the not busy day.

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2024-02-08 18:15:23
Link | Citer | R

5 is way too many, would literally rot your brain. By the 3rd run I'd want to die, but would still push through to finish it.

Ody C I'd have to go DD, BRD, healer just to mix it up to do 3. Couldn't bare doing any more in a row.

Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers in this racket.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-08 18:22:39
Link | Citer | R

I mean if you aren't willing to both see the sun set and then rise without leaving Kahmir drifts...are you really even serious about a Prime?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-02-08 20:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I mean if you aren't willing to both see the sun set and then rise without leaving Kahmir drifts...are you really even serious about a Prime?

Do you Sortie even Bro!
By Dodik 2024-02-08 21:49:12
Link | Citer | R

When non purple fuchsia hallways start to look weird, you know you've been Sortie-ing too much.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zedoma
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-02-08 23:34:12
Link | Citer | R

The perfect system already exists in Moblin Maze Mongers and CC points.

Can only do Sortie once a week? No problem
1 "Sortie Conversation Point" collected every 20 hours.
Run Sortie whenever you like, and Gallimaufry is multiplied by a ~1-6x multiplier.

Groups that run multiple times a week still see volume of earrings for jobs they don't play and gemstones / prime ores versus groups that choose to run a few times a week.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-09 00:16:27
Link | Citer | R

for one legit suggestion from me instead of just bad humor....I am surprised they didn't adjust "hard mode" Aminon's Muffin Return to be at least slightly above "normal" Aminon's, or a change to the hard mode's earring policy. A single source of a guaranteed +2 that really only works at most every other run really wouldn't break the game, in particular for content that now is over 1 year old.

It still won't be with good augs or for a job you play, SE still wins^^
[+]
By Nariont 2024-02-09 06:58:50
Link | Citer | R

In maybe 3 yrs youll get a week long camp that doubles or triples gali and/or adds another slot in chest pools for case/stonez

Theyll tie it to vanabout participation the month prior, do your chores guys
[+]
By K123 2024-02-09 07:01:32
Link | Citer | R

But really, if you have Ody V25 clears, what do primes matter? They can be done without them though some might be slightly easier with them. Beyond that, who will care and keep playing? If you have R30 everything from Ody and a Prime weapon, you have beat the game currently.

Without any new content that needs them to pass DPS checks or dumb tactics, they are pretty much pointless except for the BRD one anyway.
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-09 07:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Except the instances "getting wrecked on the weekends" wouldnt happen. Theres literally a queue system that limits the amount of groups within the instance. The only thing that would happen is groups having to wait longer than usual on Saturday. And guess what they can do instead of waiting: they can arrange with their group to do the content on the not busy day.
Since the queue works so well, they can set it so that if your group has a person in it that hasn't graced the purple shores of Sortie today, they go in the first queue and everyone else goes into a second queue with obvious priority.

We all still get the benefits of getting a normal queue for the 1st Sortie of the day, the flexibility to do multiple in 1 day, and you can get incentives if you need to switch out people in your runs for RL or lack of tags.

Nariont said: »
In maybe 3 yrs youll get a week long camp that doubles or triples gali and/or adds another slot in chest pools for case/stonez

Theyll tie it to vanabout participation the month prior, do your chores guys

Those are the chores I want
By Nariont 2024-02-09 07:12:19
Link | Citer | R

But really, if you have Ody V25 clears, what do primes matter? They can be done without them though some might be slightly easier with them. Beyond that, who will care and keep playing? If you have R30 everything from Ody and a Prime weapon, you have beat the game currently.

Without any new content that needs them to pass DPS checks or dumb tactics, they are pretty much pointless except for the BRD one anyway.

Top out another job, make another prime, typical MMO things? End of life just means theres likely nothing new on the horizon but theres still the collection aspect
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-09 07:46:22
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Nah, they'll just add prime reforging R1-15. 6 stacks of swarts for the first 5 levels, then 10 million galla for the remaining 10. {Please look forward to it}
[+]
By Nariont 2024-02-09 07:57:01
Link | Citer | R

Is that before or after r30 remas with 1 rp currency to upgrade?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-09 08:10:26
Link | Citer | R

Nah, the REMAs will cost exemplar points to upgrade R16-R30. Once you have the prerequisite requirement of having Mlvl 50 on your job, equipping a R15+ rema will then apply the exemplar points towards rank bonuses instead. That way all those Mlvl 50s will have some way to spend their exemplar instead of letting it go to waste. It'll be an extension to our existing system. The first ranks will start scaling where the Mlvls left off, so a mere 4.5 mil for the first rank level, 5.5 for the second and so on. Players should find the first few rank levels to be fairly easy, but the last few may be a bit annoying (devs will be the ones to say that of course).
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-01 15:41:01
Link | Citer | R

Not sure how that was missed in previous testing, but someone will soon provide some interesting facts to the table, that will definitely increase value of two Prime weapons :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-01 15:51:01
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Not sure how that was missed in previous testing, but someone will soon provide some interesting facts to the table, that will definitely increase value of two Prime weapons :P

[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2024-03-01 16:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Earp (Stage5)
Sortie mate Lawii from Odin server got his final stage few weeks back. After some shooting sessions here is some info.

The Triple DMG proc rate is 30%
Based on ~700 shots fired the Triple DMG showed up around 30% of the time. (Thank you SimonSes for verifying data)
The most consecutive procs we seen was 6 times back to back single shot.

Triple DMG can proc in any of the shots during Double Shot(RNG) or Triple Shot(COR)- including the bonus shot from armor.
Triple Shot(COR)

Double Shot(RNG)

Triple DMG can proc in any of the Barrage shots.

Highest Triple DMG proc on a single shot was in 25k's
Target: Apex Eruca, ML50RNG/WAR, SV/Bolster/Chaos/Dia2

Special thanks to our buff crew Xdajokerx!
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-01 16:07:18
Link | Citer | R

There you go :)

So I wonder if triple damage proc working for all hits on ranged primes is a *** up on SE part or it's intended ?
Even more interesting it also works for Barrage. It's like Empy am and relic hidden proc had a baby XD
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-01 16:09:26
Link | Citer | R

So I wonder if triple damage proc working for all hits on ranged primes is a *** up on SE part or it's intended ?
Even more interesting it also works for Barrage. It's like Empy am and relic hidden proc had a baby XD

Dangit Dehmar I thought we were gonna keep hiding this so we didn't get Bandwagnarok among Rangers!!! :P
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-01 16:30:58
Link | Citer | R

Interesting info, thanks for sharing! I noticed the BG wiki page for prime weapons (and the individual prime weapon pages) don't have the ODD/ODT listed on them. I don't have an account, but that should probably be added to some of these pages, right?

As an aside: has someone confirmed whether the same is true for melee prime weapons (proccing on multi-attack procs, and the rates)? I think someone testing was done and the rate was around 30% but IDR the exact results or sample size. It would be nice to have similar confirmation for those.

I'll ask my friends if they can/will do some testing/data gathering in the mean time.
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2024-03-01 16:38:18
Link | Citer | R

lol Cele, the rise of the rangers is upon us!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-01 16:38:57
Link | Citer | R

the original noticing of ODD/ODT and subsequent testing of that observation was based completely on melee Primes, and then just assumed to also apply to the ranged primes. A lot fewer of those of course are around than the total number of melee ones, and the few of us who did notice it kept quiet about it, honestly...it was just something we noticed but never did proper testing worthy of posting til Dehmar's Sortie group (who's numbers are what you see above), so the rest of the playerbase interested in this discussion just assumed it was an all primes thing.

tl;dr- this ranged testing shows they don't follow the already observed and tested aftermath of the other Primes.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-01 16:42:43
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr- this ranged testing shows they don't follow the already observed and tested aftermath of the other Primes.

I assume you misspoke here and meant "hidden effect" instead of "Aftermath". That said...maybe I missed some posts but, the melee prime ODD/ODT only procs on first hits, not on multi-attack procs, like how relics work?
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-01 16:45:55
Link | Citer | R

yuppers, and also yuppers to the fact that i mix up terminology constantly these days in game. Drives my Sortie Static batshit^^
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-01 16:49:37
Link | Citer | R

yuppers, and also yuppers to the fact that i mix up terminology constantly these days in game. Drives my Sortie Static batshit^^

Cool, well thanks for the clarification. I still think the wiki needs some updating with this hidden effect info, since unless you read forums it's not clear that any prime weapon has any hidden effect at all...or maybe I'm just missing something.

I was aware of the effect, but not 100% positive on proc rates and whether multi-attacks counted (for melee or ranged). This is great news, since my next prime will be a gun (it was already going to be gun even before this post)!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-01 17:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Hard to say if it's unintended. Ranged attacks don't have to conform to the melee damage ruleset (and hiatorically haven't, Barrage has always been strange). I'd say it's more likely meant to work this way than not. Or maybe you're right and they just *** up a flag somewhere
[+]
 Odin.Lawii
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2024-03-01 22:07:44
Link | Citer | R

I had a few Barrages that were over 100k when testing, but it did not show correct. One showed as ~19k in the log but one shot the apex mob. So that 98k in the screen shot was low....

not sure if that was a battle mod issue or if the game just was not reporting correctly.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-01 23:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Demhar said: »
lol Cele, the rise of the rangers is upon us!

And then quickly thereafter, the fall. To the ground, yelling "TANK, A LITTLE HELP OVER HERE!", as the mob sprints directly to the RNG and rips our hero's face off.

Like seriously, how's COR even supposed to use that thing and not be the tank? At least RNG has some tools like Hover Shot, Camo, Decoy, swap to Annihilator to shed some enmity...

That aside, this is very cool to see. Even though I detest the Sortie grind, that looks tempting.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 68 69 70