Continued Prime Weapon NA Review
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 15 16 17
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-06-09 12:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you didn't, you would have to. That's the primary reason multiboxing is despised. (you could quit too of course)

It makes it zero sum.

I wouldn't though, and don't. You're still assuming that the only reason I don't bring rando healers is because I have a pocket healer at my disposal. Even if I didn't, I'd just as soon stand around town and waste my time sifting through RMT shouts than bring a non-LS healer into time-gated content (segs, sortie, etc.,) and be let down by poor performance or rage quitting because they were asked to do more than the bare minimum. Maybe that's petty, but it's a lot less frustrating.

The non-LS 1% exceptions are god-tier WHMs like Hya, and he was never competing with an alt yWHM anyway, so it's kind of a moot point.

I've seen a few other posts from you on the topic and I know this is your hard stance on the subject. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, generally speaking, just that it doesn't apply to me. Also, this discussion was really more about feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment regarding having REMAs; my "0 sum" applied to that specifically and wasn't an argument made for whether or not it affected bringing others into content.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-09 13:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Foxfire said: »
re: the dagger JP user

there's a video showing them using the WS but it's only doing 5k~9k. Whether or not they're gearing for it is unknown. Just shows three step SC.

That's to show it being walled, the first ws should be much higher even ungeared
By Foxfire 2023-06-09 13:48:56
Link | Citer | R

there's a video showing them using the WS but it's only doing 5k~9k. Whether or not they're gearing for it is unknown. Just shows three step SC.

That's to show it being walled, the first ws should be much higher even ungeared
The video I'm referring to is against a haughty samurai, which shouldn't have a wall afaik. The first WS is 5k and second or third is like 7k. It's also shown mid-sequence since the first WS in the video is a light SC, so it's hard to tell what their initial damage would've been.

I believe the text refers to E boss having same WS resistance regardless of it being a prime weapon/WS when they tried doing solo SC with MBs.

edit: idk where i got 9k from, watching it again. Sequence is:
5343 (pre-vid) > 5198 (light 14430) > 6413 (opener) > 5758 (liq 5561) > 7616 (light unknown amnt since they ran the timer).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-09 14:30:52
Link | Citer | R

That's rather disappointing for a 5(6) hit mercy stroke analog. Even assuming dog turds gear it doesn't look great.

Didn't/Won't watch though so had no idea it was a rdm and terribad
By Foxfire 2023-06-09 14:46:46
Link | Citer | R

It's being single-wielded so I can only assume RDM or BRD non-dnc/nin subs so no offhand hit, not that that would suddenly boost dmg by 10k or anything.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-09 15:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Jp getting prime weapon and testing WS wall on fodder while only doing 5k per ws is much lulz.

That video was not evidence of any ws wall since it didnt show how much dmg the first WS did. All I see is back to back to back 5-7k ws’s
[+]
By ashcrow 2023-06-09 15:32:50
Link | Citer | R

The video I'm referring to is against a haughty samurai, which shouldn't have a wall afaik. The first WS is 5k and second or third is like 7k. It's also shown mid-sequence since the first WS in the video is a light SC, so it's hard to tell what their initial damage would've been.

I believe the text refers to E boss having same WS resistance regardless of it being a prime weapon/WS when they tried doing solo SC with MBs.

edit: idk where i got 9k from, watching it again. Sequence is:
5343 (pre-vid) > 5198 (light 14430) > 6413 (opener) > 5758 (liq 5561) > 7616 (light unknown amnt since they ran the timer).
MAYBE he is a rdm that is WSING with full empy +3 lol or maligance
By Foxfire 2023-06-09 15:49:46
Link | Citer | R

Even if it did show how much the first WS did, the WS wall is very severe (an atonement test on dhartok by long_horned showed dmg going from 1500 down to 230ish after 5 times), so it can't be that. It's, at best, just showing off the skillchain.
By SimonSes 2023-06-09 16:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Like I wrote before. It's a RDM doing those WSs with no attack buffs or def down debuffs (maybe he did DiaIII) at 1250-1370TP. He has severe lack of attack. Judging by staff WS, Prime WSs has probably massive jump in fTP between 1000 and 2000. Staff WS at 1000TP would do 11k with capped attack, 37k at 2000TP and 52k at 3000TP. If he wasnt using TP bonus and have like 1.5 pDIF, it's still possible that with capped attack + some low PDL he would do like 20k at 1370TP and goes to 40k range at 2000TP and 60k range at 3000TP. It's really hard to judge not knowing his buffs/gear.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-06-09 16:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
That's rather disappointing for a 5(6) hit mercy stroke analog. Even assuming dog turds gear it doesn't look great.

I disagree. I'm actually impressed the damage is in the 5-7k range considering the factors I noted watching the video a few times. I think merciless strike has the potential to surpass rudra's storm by a fair margin. Consider the following factors

• His pDIF ratio is extremely low. His melee hits range from 40-110, with the average sitting around 80. At capped pDIF Twashtar does around 550-650 damage per hit. His buffs are basically just haste and nothing more, and those fomors have pretty high defense

• His accuracy is too low for the mob he's fighting. You can see the misses in the chat log. His TP returns from the four weaponskills were 235, 145, 217, and 199, so he's missing swings, and in most cases more than one.

• He's only showing us weaponskill numbers from the 1250-1350 range. We know that merciless strike scales with TP, so there's a good chance the damage could scale harder at the 2k and 3k anchor tier

From what I can tell it looks like this weaponskill has some very powerful scaling. The guy is just showing off the weaponskill as far as I can tell, and we don't know what gear he's using to weaponskill in. The damage we're seeing is actually quite high for the conditions he's playing under. And I get the feeling that in the hands of a properly geared DD with proper buffs, this weaponskill is going to be extremely powerful. And I suspect that out of all the jobs listed on it it's going to be dancer that can leverage merciless strike's power the most, because this is a 4 hit weaponskill and with striking flourish and maculele casaque +3 there is a 70% chance the first two hits will critical. If the tp scaling on that first hit is strong enough we could see some monster damage once the mods are figured out and the optimal gear path is determined.

Don't pass judgment from the numbers you see in that video. They don't reflect much. I see a great deal of potential. I'm looking forward to some proper damage tests from that dagger.
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2023-06-09 16:16:42
Link | Citer | R

I’ve done mythics from scratch in 7-8 days and I’ve done empys from scratch in 3 and that’s counting the nm camping for the trials. I did both ochain and harp in same week.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-09 16:38:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:

I disagree. I'm actually impressed the damage is in the 5-7k range considering the factors I noted watching the video a few times. I think merciless strike has the potential to surpass rudra's storm by a fair margin. Consider the following factors

• The taru in the video was subbing rune fencer. This is evidenced by the fact he has a Tellus rune active in his buff tray

Melliny, I've seen a lot of your posts, youre very smart and know a lot about this game, but the video was recorded by Naichu the rune fencer, the taru with the dagger is Farfa. Nowhere in that video can you see Farfa's buffs.

I'm gonna presume Farfa is RDM/something though, based on his mp pool (I dont think brd thf or dnc can get 1500mp) and the DEX boost offered at the start of the video, which is likely Gain-DEX.

The tweet literally mentions the WS wall though (from google translate: "it seems that the same WS resistance will not be invalidated") and at the end of the day this video is not evidence that Prime WS's bypass the WS wall:
1-Fodder dont not have any form of WS wall
2-If they did, there was no opening WS showing 30k+++ dmg that is being dropped to 5k. Unless I'm mistaken, the WS wall lasts ~10 seconds, it isnt indefinite until a different WS is used. There should have been atleast one 30k++ WS in that video if they were getting wall'd down to 5k.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-06-09 16:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Melliny, I've seen a lot of your posts, youre very smart and know a lot about this game, but the video was recorded by Naichu the rune fencer, the taru with the dagger is Farfa. Nowhere in that video can you see Farfa's buffs.

My mistake. I've edited out the point about his sub job then. The other 3 points still hold though. We can see via the chatlog Farfa's damage per hit, as well as his tp returns after the weaponskill and the tp he's using each weaponskill at. So the other points are valid. And yes, he's definitely RDM main. The non casters won't have 1500 Mp under any circumstances.
By Dodik 2023-06-09 16:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hotworks said: »
I’ve done mythics from scratch in 7-8 days and I’ve done empys from scratch in 3 and that’s counting the nm camping for the trials. I did both ochain and harp in same week.

Non-Asura servers do not have enough stock to buy all the materials in one go, even if you have the gil. Need to hoard and collect for weeks/months to get enough.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-09 17:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Weeks/months is an exaggeration. I made the Gil part of death penalty in 3 days on Valefor. Only time you might have trouble is during ***ambuscade months
By Foxfire 2023-06-09 18:09:36
Link | Citer | R

you'd be surprised how many people are trying to buy dozens of stacks of alex at any given moment on asura.
it took me a couple days to do mine just because people kept buying up stock and raising price, it sucked

edit: and don't get me started on those alex mules in nashmau
By SimonSes 2023-06-09 18:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
And I suspect that out of all the jobs listed on it it's going to be dancer that can leverage merciless strike's power the most, because this is a 4 hit weaponskill and with striking flourish and maculele casaque +3 there is a 70% chance the first two hits will critical.

Personally I feel DNC wont be that strong on it, unless maybe in term of PDL usage. This WS is awkward needing both tp bonus and offhand with strong base/att/acc. Centovente will be both good and bad for it. DNC also kinda lacks MA for it unless under Saber Dance, which I usually find very risky. I think RDM can actually be very good with it, because of massive triple attack rate. If you proc TA on main hand, offhand damage matters less. RDM can also gaindex for +55DEX. Striking Flourish sounds nice, but JA delay from it will be bigger loss than added damage imo.

What can change all this is that WS having attack bonus, then Gleti body and legs could be very powerful on DNC. If it does have attack bonus tho, then your calculation of it's damage being quite good underbuffed in that video wouldn't look that great anymore though.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-06-09 19:18:15
Link | Citer | R

I think if you mainhand Mpu Gandring you just offhand Gleti's Knife and forego the centovente. Merciless strike is a 4 hit weaponskill, so everything on gleti's knife is perfect for it. The 6% triple attack will probably matter a lot, and if the stat mods end up being dex (very common for dagger) and/or agi then it seems like a great fit. And saber dance is literally just content and party composition dependent. If I'm in a position where I expect to be doing a lot of waltzing I'll probably be mainhanding terpsicore anyways for the extra support utility, but if I'm in a situation where I'm expecting to be more DPS focused on dancer, then I use sabre dance and rely on my party to do their thing. Nothing's stopping me from dropping it or swapping to fan dance if an emergency pops up. I've been working on Arrebati V25 clear recently and I'm in saber dance mode 100% of the time during the first phase of the fight because I have whm and rdm there with me. So you just use what's right for the current situation...literally no different than any other stuff in the game.

I think there's a chance Mpu may surpass twashtar in an offensive role, but we'll have to wait and see. I can see a world where that ends up being the case from the limited data we have, but it's too early to draw conclusions until we have proper testing. It's something to look forward to though.
[+]
By Wyrmnax 2023-06-09 19:48:49
Link | Citer | R

Lots of things being discussed that Id like to put my option on, even though they aren't worth anything really.

- The proposed grind is awful.
No way around it. We could have been time gated by the pscyhes, we coould have been content gated by the -drites. The galli requirement is there to make sure you spend 1hr/day doing the event, for 6(?) months

Also, don't kid yourself. In the current state, the grind is not solable.

- The weapons are still a unknown
Shield is good from tier 2+
Staff is sorta equivalent to a fully upgraded mpaca on Tier 3.
Horn is only really useful at tier 5
All the other weapons depend exclusively on how good their WSs are, and are tier 4+ to be used outside.

6 man vs 18 man content
I have a LS. We do 18 man content 2x per week. I do not play on the usual time for my ls, except for our 2 scheduled days.

I can do sortie / segs runs daily with shout groups if I have a couple hours.
You cannot shout for 18 man content. It is simply not the stat the game exist anymore, especially outside of Asura.

Don't kid yourself, it is not feasible if you require anything from people at all. We just don't have this kind of time anymore, log in, sit in a group waiting for 2hrs for the other 15 slots to be filled. It is workable on modern MMOs because of auto-queues and other facilities that let you do your own thing WHILE you wait for the group to fill. But the way FFXI does? Its just not doable. Especially for something you do daily.
And dooont kid yourself, Omen is only doable because you don't need more than 3 people doing anything at all to get it done, and even then there are people that will shout for hours for it to fill.

About the Prime weapons....

Eh. I generally can't do sortie / segs everyday, and the grind is long enough to discourage me to even progress. So yeah, Ill bring my shield to tier 3, and probably not try to progress anymore than that. I wouldnt mind being time gated that much, but the requirement for the daily event kinda ruins the perspective. And if it ends up that all the weapons are leagues better than their counterparts, then I am trully ***, as I currently play 11 jobs.

So yeah. Wait and see how things go.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-09 19:55:24
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Asura.Hotworks said: »

Non-Asura servers do not have enough stock to buy all the materials in one go, even if you have the gil. Need to hoard and collect for weeks/months to get enough.

I'm on Pheonix, we are tiny. I bought my Burtgang in one day. My friend bought his Nagi later the same month. Nagi, that's how serious Alex is.
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-06-09 19:55:39
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Jp getting prime weapon and testing WS wall on fodder while only doing 5k per ws is much lulz.

That video was not evidence of any ws wall since it didnt show how much dmg the first WS did. All I see is back to back to back 5-7k ws’s
it's not in the video, but the post itself said they tested it on E boss
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-09 20:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Wyrmnax said: »
Horn is only really useful at tier 5

I think horn tier 4 is still useful, you can use the PDL song whenever appropriate
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-06-09 20:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
no attack buffs or def down debuffs (maybe he did DiaIII) at 1250-1370TP. He has severe lack of attack. Judging by staff WS, Prime WSs has probably massive jump in fTP between 1000 and 2000. Staff WS at 1000TP would do 11k with capped attack, 37k at 2000TP and 52k at 3000TP.

I think I agree with this as it supports my expectations of how the prime weaponskills will work. They are going to kickass with top buffs (all that PDL+ and ACC) against the meta nms and the future hardest opponents which will be the "final" nms SE introduces to validify prime. You can bet they are working on them now since they actually got around to talking about it. I also give a 50/50 chance they let those nms drop some other cool stuff.

However, it's very probable the "final" nms will also be beatable using regular Dream weapons and good teamwork.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-06-09 21:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
However, it's very probable the "final" nms will also be beatable using regular Dream weapons and good teamwork.

Honestly the new master trial is probably just going to be the chaos fight with the taru included, stands to reason it will keep its damage resistance to non prime weapons since they want a fight where you need them.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-09 22:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Someone posted that the WS SC attributes were changed, do we have the new values? I'm specifically looking for Sword / Great Sword as most of their value was in having access to a viable Fusion path.
By Foxfire 2023-06-09 23:06:48
Link | Citer | R

They're all in BG-wiki's latest update notes.

(Sword) Imperator: Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Impaction, Compression, Distortion. Caliburnus: Aftermath effect varies with TP.

(Great Sword) Fimbulvetr: Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Detonation, Compression, Distortion. Helheim: Aftermath effect various with TP.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-10 14:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
(Sword) Imperator: Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: impaction, Compression, Distortion.

Well that's kinda worthless, there is no strong physical WS to open Fusion for Impaction and neither is a decent Detonation WS to open Gravitation for Compression. Assuming it's not a typo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2023-06-10 15:26:43
Link | Citer | R

Shrug. They mirror the list from Radec, who claims to have gotten them from the updated DATs --

Bismarck.Radec said: »
It's in the updated dats.

Full list:

Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Detonation, Compression, Distortion. Helheim: Aftermath effect various with TP.
Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Trasnfixion, Scission, Gravitation. Laphria: Aftermath effet varies with TP.
Absorbs HP and MP. Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Induration, Reverberation, Fusion. Foenaria: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Delivers a twofold attack. Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Transfixion, Scission, Gravitation. Gae Buide: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Delivers a fourfold attack. Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Induration, Reverberation, Fusion. Dokoku: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Detonation, Compression, Distortion. Kusanagi: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Converts damage dealt to own MP. Damage varies with TP. Yagrush: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Transfixion, Scission, Gravitation. Pinaka: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Induration, Reverberation, Fusion. Earp: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Delivers a twofold attack. Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Detonation, Compression, Distortion. Varga Purnikawa: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Delivers a fourfold attack. Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Dissolution, Impaction, Fragmentation. Mpu Gandring: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: impaction, Compression, Distortion. Caliburnus: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Delivers a twofold attack. Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Transfixion, Scission, Gravitation. Lorg Mor: Aftermath effect varies with TP.
Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Induration, Reverberation, Fusion. Opashoro: Aftermath effect varies with TP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 15 16 17