TVR Rings

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » TVR rings
TVR rings
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By RiggityWrekd 2023-07-27 07:57:40
Link | Citer | R

If you consider only playing Rune Fencer at top levels (i.e. Ody v20+) and not caring about anything else, which ring would you choose?
By Dodik 2023-07-27 08:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Gurebu's is a great ring for Runfencer, and what I would choose if only considering Run tanking.

Meva +20, mnd+10, status resistance +20 and refresh/regen +2 on same ring.
[+]
By RiggityWrekd 2023-07-27 08:18:40
Link | Citer | R

I also like that ring.

My thinking process is that anything in the game except for Ody v20+ is easily facerolled so, from practical perspective, if my main job is tank I should take the ring that would make my tank life easier in the hardest content available.

The dt- ring seems a bit underwhelming compared to the status resistance one. I don't think vit+10 and 20 def make much difference compared to a defending ring
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-07-27 08:38:49
Link | Citer | R

I would go for the PDL ring because RUN gets almost none natively or through normal gearing progression. It lets you pick up some of the damage potential that has been lost to the job from it intentionally being gear shunned post Escha zones.

It's obviously not a tanking choice. If that's your only focus then ignore.

I'm starting to think about Prime Greatsword more and more as it is obvious that completing a weapon right now is foolish and making another level 3 could be of actual benefit.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-27 09:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a number of baseline defense for the latest foes? Like Sortie basement NMs.

Maybe a simple combination of basic defense down and attack up buffs should be enough to cap pdif, making the pdl ring a better choice.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-07-27 21:02:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I would go for the PDL ring because RUN gets almost none natively or through normal gearing progression. It lets you pick up some of the damage potential that has been lost to the job from it intentionally being gear shunned post Escha zones.

It's obviously not a tanking choice. If that's your only focus then ignore.

I'm starting to think about Prime Greatsword more and more as it is obvious that completing a weapon right now is foolish and making another level 3 could be of actual benefit.

I love Run dd but it's really hard if not impossible to cap pdl in content that matters
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-07-28 02:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Well, that what I thought, but looking better using an apex mob that we have stats baseline as an example.

Apex archaic cogs: approximatelly lv147, def ~1800

Using dia II on it: def 1526

MNK base attack: 1500

+ double minuets + marcato honor march (223 + 201 + 2*232): 2272

+ crooked chaos with 11 and charged (1.2 * (1 + (0,3125 + 7*0,032 + 0,0976))): 4455

+ idris indi-fury (1+(0,347 + 0,27): 7204

Total PDIF: 7204 / 1526 = 4,721

So, in a party composed of BRD COR GEO, with moderate luck on hitting 11 with crooked and supercharged from relic head (or simply having a DRK in zone), plus few others non-1h JAs, plus minor debuff from /WHM or /RDM, then youre hitting the PDIF cap in a lv content of 147, thats very close to the highest of 150 currently.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-07-28 04:04:29
Link | Citer | R

I get your point but, not considering the prime gsword which I don't have and don't plan on making one ever, there are a few scenarios when playing RUN and none of those is really enhanced by the PDL ring imho:

1) easy content melee burn: stuff like some Geas Fete NMs, Omen, dyna D wave 2 and 3 bosses, some sortie setups. In this scenario I would play hybrid tanking with Lionheart to spam Resolution (you can pull off 40-60k Reso on Sortie G boss), which has a penalty on atk and it's really hard to cap PDL. Now, maybe with PDL ring Dimidiation damage comes close to Resolution, but it's not gonna make any difference since you are still facerolling the content.

2) easy content mage setup: stuff like AFAC HELMs and dyna D wave 1 bosses and magic setup sortie. In this scenario I would use Epeolatry and while Dimidiation could benefit from PDL, with these setups you are lacking atk buffs since the main source of damage is magic. Also for some content (AFAC Reisenjima HELMs) I won't even pull out my sword and just spam flash foil stun.

3) hard content: Ody v20+. Here you need to be focused on not dying and gear-swapping a full ws set is risky. Also you need specific setups for each boss that usually don't include the whole trio of buffers brd cor geo.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-07-28 06:14:56
Link | Citer | R

• Apex level CP/ML mobs are not representative of endgame content regardless of content level

• It's easy to cap attack on those with just geo frailty from idris geo

• Runfencer is still not going to be adding a lot of dmg even at capped attack. As an example, Cor and Run in same ML party with Cor doing savage blade, the Cor will do double the dmg of even the most well geared Run given same buffs.

It's really what you want to boost more. DD Run or tank Run. DD Run is semi useful in very specific situations which arguably won't make much of a difference - ML/ambu et al.

Tank Run will make more of a difference on difficult to clear content - Ody V20/V25.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-07-28 07:29:41
Link | Citer | R

If you're ok with weapon swaps, RUN gets armor break so playing with PDL isn't significantly harder than most 2h DDs. And you're significantly tougher than them.

However, if you're not going for Prime GS, I'm thinking PDL is not going to appeal to you.
 Asura.Illuminate
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-08-25 20:02:37
Link | Citer | R

RiggityWrekd said: »
If you consider only playing Rune Fencer at top levels (i.e. Ody v20+) and not caring about anything else, which ring would you choose?

This might be overlooked, but I would honestly consider the 10% fast cast option for the ring slot, for times you don't have valliance/vallation up (or if you don't have 5/5 inspiration). This could apply if your focus is solely on fast cast or fast cast/SIRD hybrid sets.

Main reason being that although some gear slots have improved, RUN's best options for some SIRD/FC sets still have slot(s) that use what I refer to as "wet paper bag" tanking qualities like taeon gear (call back to 2013), SR gloves, and augmentable armor from escha zi'tah. You'll be casting and sometimes you won't have aquaveil up, then bam you take a nasty hit.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-27 10:20:38
Link | Citer | R

It's possible to cap 80% FC on RUN without Inspiration merits and without the TVR ring.
If I remember correctly the maximum you can get is 81% FC (not taking into account Main and Sub slots, of course).
That implies Weatherspoon Ring. Without that then yeah, you can use the TVR one I guess? That would allow you to cap FC without inspiration AND without Weatherspoon.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-08-27 14:06:49
Link | Citer | R

All this talk about the Ephramad's Ring's PDL got me wondering:

Are the +20 ratk, racc, atk, and acc with the 10STR/DEX/AGI really nothing on top of the PDL?

And also, about PDL in general, isn't it easier to cap for 1 handers/ranged and aren't there a ton of jobs that don't have it as a trait already? The 10% on the ring right, is just the same a PDL Limit trait I right? So pDif + 0.1?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-08-27 14:12:42
Link | Citer | R

The traits are additive to the weapon specific ones, then multiplied by gear PDL

So DRK using a scythe would have a 4.5 cap, and with 10% PDL would be 4.95 cap
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2023-09-07 19:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Just got back a few days ago, and bumped into these rings by accident browsing BGwiki. Most of them look sexy as ***for what they are. But there are two I think I'm having a hard time deciding between.

Gurebu-Ogurebu's ring

or

Cornelia's ring

My 3 main jobs are WHM, RDM, and THF. Would love to get a few opinion's to help me decide.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-07 19:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Gurebu has meva/status ailment resistance which is unrivaled on ring, but I don't think those stats are as big a deal as we might think. Still a bis idle ring for a lot of jobs, but not going to change your life. Similarly, the refresh/regen are nice, and bis, but running out of mp is super rare in this day & age. It's definitely the best ring you can wear for WHM and RDM in your idle set, but I don't think it's very impactful.

Cornelia is BIS by quite a bit and will likely increase damage pretty significantly. Once again, it may not help you win a battle you wouldn't otherwise win, but it does help, and can bump you up to killing EP mobs faster, 1-shotting dynamis/ody seg mobs you wouldn't otherwise 1-shot, etc.

I'd take Cornelia if I were you, but wouldn't judge you if you went with Gurebu
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-07 19:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Medada is the One Ring
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-08 00:08:22
Link | Citer | R

I wanna see what the crit ring is like on a stage 5 prime h2h. Part of me hopes it functions like destroyers.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-08 08:17:39
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Just got back a few days ago, and bumped into these rings by accident browsing BGwiki. Most of them look sexy as ***for what they are. But there are two I think I'm having a hard time deciding between.

Gurebu-Ogurebu's ring

or

Cornelia's ring

My 3 main jobs are WHM, RDM, and THF. Would love to get a few opinion's to help me decide.

Cornelia's works great for both physical and magical damage WSs. If that's your focus, then it's easy. I picked this plus Weatherspoon ring and Seraph hits hard AF. There is the distinct possibility I will switch it out for the PDL ring when I get all my other DPS better geared and my pocket BRD full of instruments. I'm ok living with only Weatherspoon ring and Epa's 5% WSD as a compromise, so for me this ring isn't irreplaceable.

If you really care about the magic evasion and status ailments AND WILL USE IT, then it's a great ring for a THF turtle set. WHM and RDM resist enough as it is with their gear, but it never hurts to laugh just a little bit more when you're the only one not affected by whatever terrible status effect is crippling the rest of your party.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-08 09:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I wanna see what the crit ring is like on a stage 5 prime h2h. Part of me hopes it functions like destroyers.

A bunch of us got it and it's awesome. So many situations it's come in handy for. Store TP / Critical Hit Rate and Haste are universally good stats to have available.
[+]
By Taint 2023-09-08 09:07:56
Link | Citer | R

I swapped from Cornelia's to Ephramad's and won't go back. Most events where the ring matters you'll have 4-5 songs and rolls.

Segments, Odyssey, Sortie all see boost from PDL swaps and WSdmg is easy to come by and dilutes itself.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Serveur: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-09-08 09:22:01
Link | Citer | R

Of those jobs and the two options you are considering, I would heavily lean towards Cornelia's. RDM and THF will see a lot of use from it. Nearly every weapon skill worth using will benefit from it. Seraph, RLB, Black Halo, Savage Blade, Rudra's, Aeolian Edge, Ruthless Stroke if you happen to pick Prime Dagger as your prime weapon that would be used by both rdm and thf. Cornelia's without a doubt.

I personally love Lehko's. Its allowed me to have more flexibility in some gear slots than before across many jobs that I play because of the haste value specifically. I love it on WAR which is a main for me, staple in my tp set regardless of weapon, works great for crit ws's, amazing for Ukon AM3. Fencer sets with even more crit+ and STP is just a bonus.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-09-08 10:05:39
Link | Citer | R

One of the key components that confuse some of the player base with the PDL Ring Choice is knowing if they are "capped attack". You need to be ahead of the mobs defense by 105%.

This is from Leia on the official forums.

EDIT: I want to add a note to this post. It is not intended to be a true blue and 100% accurate way to determine PDL. This is more a very crude and rough idea of understanding it.

Sometimes it is important to move past the elusive "exact calculation" of each situation. The "Everything is complicated, hard to understand and differs per situation" comments are generally not helpful to the player base.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-08 10:55:18
Link | Citer | R

Those are regular mobs and "capping attack" is just a geo-frailty away. The far bigger issue is places where geomancy is nerfed, which also happens to be where the bosses are rocking 2000~2400+ defense.

Finally ... that 105% is complete and utter nonsense, pDiff cap is based on weapon type + job. Whomever did that was probably thinking back to the days when pDiff cap was 2, but it would still be wrong.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/PDIF

A DRK with a Scythe will have a pDiff cap of 4.5, a NIN with a Katana will have a pDiff cap of 3.35 and a COR with a sword will have 3.25 (with some MLs they would also have 3.35 as /NIN).

But even if you are at pDiff cap, your still not attack caped because it's a range and you can still roll under it. Instead you need to be 0.375 above pDiff cap so that qRatio always lands at or above cap. The 5% thing is just a random multiplier added on be SE to screw with us.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-09-08 11:38:25
Link | Citer | R

Will also depend on ease of access to other sources of PDL. Eg, some jobs empy+3 has pdl+10, Aria from brd with prime, some jobs +2 necks, job traits and so on, thus increasing the attack needed to cap.
By Taint 2023-09-08 11:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Ephramad's Also has STR+10 DEX+10 AGI+10 Accuracy+20 Attack+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20

edit: FIXED!
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-08 11:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Otomis said: »
One of the key components that confuse some of the player base with the PDL Ring Choice is knowing if they are "capped attack". You need to be ahead of the mobs defense by 105%.

This is great, I wish there was an easy to follow chart for dumb people like me to know when I might be attack capped in content or can't rely on geo buffs debuffs in content for attack caps etc
I feel like I am holding myself back by not knowing exactly when to use my pdl toggles
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-08 12:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I feel like I am holding myself back by not knowing exactly when to use my pdl toggles
Don't worry, none of them do.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-09-08 16:52:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Otomis said: »

"Max buffs" isnt just having as much atk as you can pile on,
as stated, pdif varies on weapon, but the more important take away from that is how valuable def down stacking is vs just stacking atk, not to say that fury/minuet/chaos etc isnt necessary but even just with your WoC example, a basic dia2/general def down WS turns that 1950 into a 1170~ def target which greatly reduces the atk needed to potentially cap given different pdif/pdl values, and thats a pretty easy thing to achieve for anyone
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-08 17:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Ephramad's Also has 10 str vit AGI dex and 20 acc att R.ACC/R.ATK (RNGers!!!).

Fixed for Accurate Ranged Superiority
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7