TVR rings
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Kruel
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 04:52:10
Link | Citer | R

Wanted to start a thread for people to talk up the merits of each ring.

It's a nightmare choosing so it might help some people to stop procrastinating. (myself included).

I know it's been discussed in other topics, but having to search through other topics to find the info can be a hassle.

So feel free everyone to post your reasons to choose the various rings.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 05:21:07
Link | Citer | R

1. Cornelia's Ring: Weapon Skill Accuracy+10 Weapon Skill damage +10%

2. Ephramad's Ring: STR+10 DEX+10 AGI+10 Accuracy+20 Attack+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20 Physical damage limit +10%

3. Flickblix's Ring: "Double Attack"+10 "Subtle Blow"+10 Pet: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20 Damage+10%

4. Gurebu-orebu's Ring: MND+10 Magic Evasion+20 All status ailment resistance +20 "Regen"+2 "Refresh"+2

5. Lehko Habhoka's Ring: DEX+10 "Store TP"+10 Haste+10% Critical hit rate +10%

6. Medada's Ring: INT+10 Magic Accuracy+20 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 "Fast Cast" +10%

7. Ragelise's Ring: DEF:20 VIT+10 Potency of "Cure" effects received +10% Damage taken -10%

My personal comments on the rings under spoiler:
I acknowledge 2) as the ring with the highest potential, but its tricky conditions to benefit from it make me opt for 1) and 5).
Atm kinda leaning for 1).
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 05:30:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Flickblix's Ring: "Double Attack"+10 "Subtle Blow"+10 Pet: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20 Damage+10%
The thing really making me want to take this is to test how the pet Damage +10% works.

What if it's mulplicative with things like blood pact damage?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 05:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Supposing it works the way we expect it to work (i.e. on all sources of pet damage) it matters little whether it's multiplicative or addittive, regardless of that it would be an incredibly valuable option, no?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-24 05:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Pet damage+ exists already. It's on multiple things. You know exactly what it does.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 05:36:23
Link | Citer | R

2. Ephramad's Ring: STR+10 DEX+10 AGI+10 Accuracy+20 Attack+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20 Physical damage limit +10%

3. Flickblix's Ring: "Double Attack"+10 "Subtle Blow"+10 Pet: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20 Damage+10%

4. Lehko Habhoka's Ring: DEX+10 "Store TP"+10 Haste+10% Critical hit rate +10%

5. Medada's Ring: INT+10 Magic Accuracy+20 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 "Fast Cast" +10%

These are the ones I think all have good merits.

1. Very good if you lack WSD in your set.

2. Amazing if you can cap attack and also use the modifiers on the ring.

3. Pretty useful for melee and pet jobs alike, 10% Double attack is very good for jobs that don't have mythic aftermath up or Temper/Temper II and also multi hit WS's. The bonus +10 Subtle blow is super nice too.

4. Great STP piece, and Crit weaponskills. Very good for jobs that can't cap haste also.

5. Great for debuffing, MAB and both magical and hybrid weaponskills. The fast cast may also be useful for several jobs.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 05:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Pet damage+ exists already. It's on multiple things. You know exactly what it does.
Is there pet dmg + gear for smn? Was more interested in how it works with blood pact damage.

I realise I worded my previous comment badly and should have only mentioned how it relates to blood pact damage, my mistake.
[+]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-05-24 05:41:23
Link | Citer | R

4. Gurebu-orebu's Ring: MND+10 Magic Evasion+20 All status ailment resistance +20 "Regen"+2 "Refresh"+2

5. Lehko Habhoka's Ring: DEX+10 "Store TP"+10 Haste+10% Critical hit rate +10%

6. Medada's Ring: INT+10 Magic Accuracy+20 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 "Fast Cast" +10%

7. Ragelise's Ring: DEF:20 VIT+10 Potency of "Cure" effects received +10% Damage taken -10%

My personal comments on the rings under spoiler:
I acknowledge 2) as the ring with the highest potential, but its tricky conditions to benefit from it make me opt for 1) and 5).
Atm kinda leaning for 1).

Same. Was torn between 1 and 5 and ultimately chose 1. With the ability to switch I might toy with 5 at some point.
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-24 05:42:30
Link | Citer | R

crit based and dex based multihit WSs too (Evisceration and Jishnu? Can't think of anything else)

Chant du Cygne and Ukko's Fury. Vorpal Blade too, tho I haven't had much reason to use that one in a minute.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 05:47:07
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kruel said: »
5. Great for debuffing, MAB and both magical and hybrid weaponskills. The fast cast may also be useful for several jobs.
"great for debuffing" I dunno. I mean it's good for sure because of Macc, double up for INT based debuffs.
But "great"?
What about debuffs that are based on other Mods though, like MND?
I mean Metamorph+1 R15 has +16 MND/INT/CHR and +15 Macc.
Stikini+1 has MND+8, Macc+11 and skills+8 (which tecnically provides the same amount of overall macc, even if we don't take MND into account)

And for magical WSs I'm not sure how it fares against Cornelia's.
For INT-based ones maybe...
It's undoubtely a good option for magic WS, the problem here is how it does compared to the other available options, for that purpose.

The same can be said for nuking. It's not really miles ahead of Freke, for relevant jobs eh.

I dunno, it sounds like an option that's not necessarily bad, but really falls out to deliver compared to the other competition for its respective purposes.
The same cannot be said about some of these other rings, where some completely obliterate all other available options for the same purposes, or are completely unique.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 05:48:19
Link | Citer | R

Actually, you're totally right, and this is why this thread is useful.

You just made great points and helped me out on that one.

I've also pulled an all nighter, so forgive me for possibly overlooking some things, decision making isn't great with zero sleep.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 05:51:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm still deciding between:

Lehko Habhoka's Ring
Ephramad's Ring
Flickblix's Ring

Each have merits for different jobs I play, just hard to work out which one I should prioritise.

Been standing in Xarcabard for quite some time now lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2023-05-24 05:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Lehko's ring really needed crit dmg instead of rate imo. Every current semi relevant crit ws right now that comes to mind (Other than Ukko's and CDC and I think that's just a brainfart instead of the gear not being there.) already has crit rate gear out the *** in other slots naturally available right now.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 06:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Lehko's ring really needed crit dmg instead of rate imo. Every current semi relevant crit ws right now that comes to mind (Other than Ukko's and CDC and I think that's just a brainfart instead of the gear not being there.) already has crit rate gear out the *** in other slots naturally available right now.
Crit DMG would've been better I guess, but that's not to say Crit+10% is bad.

Ukko is STR based btw. Just like Victory Smite. Both could benefit from this ring, despite the DEX+10 rather than STR+10, but for Vsmite I'm not sure.
You usually spam Vsmite with Impetus up, and when Impetus is up, with all the other gear, you're already pretty close to the capped Crit rate so you run into the risk of this ring being situationally less powerful for Vsmite under those situations, we already seen a similar situation with Odr earring.
I see this ring more attractive for stuff like Jishnu, CDC and Evisceration.
The latter two are very nice but not exactly the best WSs for their respective weapon types.
Jishnu insteaad is incredibly powerful but rarely used? When it's used, well, it rocks.

WS power is just a part of the attractiveness of this ring though, there's the TP-phase stuff too and that's quite something.

edit:
Crit dmg would've been so incredibly nice even for stuff like Rudra, when used under SATA or Climactic Flourish ;_;
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 06:12:06
Link | Citer | R

You're not wrong with MNK and Impetus, but that ring can be very attractive for Stringing Pummel and Victory Smite on PUP.

So something to consider for PUPs.

Problem is Flickblix's Ring comes into the fold if you're main PUP too.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
Serveur: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2023-05-24 06:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Was a choice between WSD and PDL ring for me. But in the end I chose WSD ring and here is why.

1. It works on all WS's in all situations. This includes Magical WS's like Leaden, Aeolian edge, Cataclysm etc. (not so good for some WS's like multi hit WS's like for MNK WS's but MNK already has multiple solid rings for those WS's)

2. It works extra well on hybrid WS's like Jinpu, Hot Shot etc because of how WSD is calculated on hybrid WS's

3. Don't need to be atk capped to benefit from it

4. We have been getting a lot of PDL stuff. PDL+10 Necks, A piece of PDL +10 empy, Other choices too making the PDL ring less appealing to me.

The PDL ring is a nice choice for specific WS's under the specific condition of being atk capped. But any content where it actually matters I'm sure the WSD ring will benefit you more.

those were my reasons for choosing the WSD ring.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 06:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Mewtwo said: »
those were my reasons for choosing the WSD ring.
All good reasons, thanks for your input.

I've also been thinking more and more about the benefits for hybrid and magical WS's with that ring too, thought i'd narrowed my choice down to 3, but that ring is sneaking back in the mix.
 Ragnarok.Zabitaru
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zabimaru
By Ragnarok.Zabitaru 2023-05-24 06:38:38
Link | Citer | R

I went WSD but I'm just hoping there's no WSD cap because i have a ton of WSD already. If WS numbers don't see a noticeable increase I will probably swap it for the Store TP Crit ring.
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-05-24 06:42:13
Link | Citer | R

While I would love to take either Ephramad's or Lehko Habhoka's rings, I'm sticking with Cornelia's even though my most played job (MNK) doesn't really benefit from it.

I mainly play with Trusts or low-man setups with the LS so I am rarely attack capped - Cornelia's Ring is a big upgrade from Kariyeh for all of my other jobs (and might even be useful for Maru Kala although its hard to beat out Niqmaddu / Gere).

Most importantly though, this let me swap from Kariyeh to Shneddick. Since a LOT more Sortie is on the menu to finish Primes...
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-05-24 06:59:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm going with PDL, because it's just way too strong for BLU :)
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-24 08:55:08
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Spells? Or because of the lack of PDL on BLU?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-05-24 09:12:26
Link | Citer | R

doesn't work for spells.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-24 09:31:56
Link | Citer | R

If someone can tell me a good method of testing, I'll test the Fickblix's Ring on SMN.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-24 09:34:43
Link | Citer | R

I hate all the rings. They are all minor gains and situational. Hard to pick one.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-24 09:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
I hate all the rings.

Nice addition to the thread. Be sure to show all of your *** to everyone on the way out.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-24 09:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Tarage said: »
If someone can tell me a good method of testing, I'll test the Fickblix's Ring on SMN.

You can also use the Sroda Earring. It has pet damage that is not tied to Nyame path. No real clue on the testing of pet.
By Tarage 2023-05-24 10:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

You can also use the Sroda Earring. It has pet damage that is not tied to Nyame path. No real clue on the testing of pet.

Already been done:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53593/a-summoners-gear-guide/17/#3649293
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56616/aman-specific-items/2/#3620312

If it operates the same, that's 10 VS 4, which one would assume makes it BIS. It's a big "if" though, considering the wording is different.
By Dodik 2023-05-24 10:03:20
Link | Citer | R

The rings basically ask you to choose a job to prioritise over all the others you may play.

For me, I would 100% take the meva ring if I only played Run. 20 meva on a ring slot is huge, plus the idle regen/refresh, extra status resist and mind.

For Rng, Thf, mnk and most dual wield jobs the crit ring is great.

Magic attack casting jobs, the mab and fast cast ring.

For one hit WS jobs, the WSD ring. So really depends what you want to prioritise.
By SimonSes 2023-05-24 10:19:24
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Spells? Or because of the lack of PDL on BLU?

Lack of PDL, lack of good WS rings and relatively easy way to cap attack on BLU, because of innate buffs/debuffed and low cap on 1h weapons.
[+]
By Karl87 2023-05-24 11:18:02
Link | Citer | R

I hate all the rings.

Nice addition to the thread. Be sure to show all of your *** to everyone on the way out.

Think it was slightly tongue in cheek, put your tampon back in lad.

Myself I’m torn between WSD ring or the pet ring. Tough choice for sure!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7