May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-05-26 06:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Noscrying said: »
Seun said: »
Odin.Moonja said: »
Did anyone who had already done the peculiar RoEs before update get the psyche? It’s really not going to make a difference if I get these five or not, just thought I’d check again.

I did peculiar foes before the update. You tried talking to Elijah multiple times and zoning in between?

I've completed them all before, but had to do my last 2 of this month for Elijah to give me the 5 Psyches.

I usually skip Morbol cause he's a *** unless I go SAM and Kamihr, cause I'm too lazy to do that trip.

you need to have the KI from defeating chaos for him to give you items.
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-05-26 06:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Anyone know how to change rings? Asking for a friend.

From what I've seen people saying, you can talk to the point in xarc once per weekly reset to exchange rings.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-26 06:43:50
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
I need a better route. I get ~9800 a run triboxing. And there’s no way I’m going to go every single day from now on and never miss a day.

It’s over 3 months for me at that rate. And I do have pieces of gear that I want to +3 yet. That takes me 8 days just to do one.

I, myself, am probably just going to finish my armor I want and then I’m not sure.

I know person who triobox ABCEFG and gets like 40k+, but he is also best FFXI player I know by far.

Realistically it's probably best to aim for:
- A+C+E and all upper NMs then kill trash. That should be around 20k easily
- A+C+E+G and all upper NMs. That should be around 30k.

This can be done with mage or melee. Going further and add B+F can be done only with mage trioboxing (i don't think you can kill F with melee unless with some massive luck with it's tp moves)

Edit: about Psyche. Mischief reported that you need to zone and talk few times to NPC to get all the Psyche. People from my static got all 5 retroactively without problem too.

Any idea what their job layout is?

I do A+E and basement chests for +1 chances. I don't think C would be hard for me to fit in. I've never done G.
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-26 08:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
I made a post on the official forums about getting sortie converted to alliance content. maybe if we can get some extra responses we can make a change.
Feedback Link on official forums

We discussed this last night some. I think they could have reduced the time in there to 30 minutes and made it alliance content. They'd have to tweak the chests and item distribution to accommodate but you could have different groups running to do different objectives.

This has a 0% chance of ever happening. They see no issue with the way Sortie is implemented, so there is no chance this is ever going to change.

Manque said: »
Question:
[redacted preamble]
Foreign players are pretty surprised about the 1mil galli requirement for stage 3. What kind of reaction has there been in the JP community?

Answers:
Commenter 1: I’m the sort of person who is easily influenced by the opinions of others so I actually try not to read any opinions from other players so I’m not influenced by any negative comments. So, I don’t really know about the Japanese players’ reactions to the 1mil galli requirement. Personally though, if stage 3 is 1 mill, I have myself wondering how many will be required for stage 4 and 5?! Sure, It’s a scary thought, but I’m looking forward to slowly working on it, like water drips holes into stone.
Commenter 2: The monthly encounters have become a delicious goal!

Commenter 3: I think many people think that there just isn’t enough information at this current stage to really make any sort of decision. I think people will start commenting once we have a full picture of what is required to complete them.

Commenter 4: too early to say I guess…

Thanks for asking this. I'm always curious when content like this is released what the perspective is of the JP community, esp since it seems SE takes in more of their feedback.
By ashcrow 2023-05-26 09:00:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I made a post on the official forums about getting sortie converted to alliance content. maybe if we can get some extra responses we can make a change.
Feedback Link on official forums

We discussed this last night some. I think they could have reduced the time in there to 30 minutes and made it alliance content. They'd have to tweak the chests and item distribution to accommodate but you could have different groups running to do different objectives.

This has a 0% chance of ever happening. They see no issue with the way Sortie is implemented, so there is no chance this is ever going to change.

Manque said: »
Question:
[redacted preamble]
Foreign players are pretty surprised about the 1mil galli requirement for stage 3. What kind of reaction has there been in the JP community?

Answers:
Commenter 1: I’m the sort of person who is easily influenced by the opinions of others so I actually try not to read any opinions from other players so I’m not influenced by any negative comments. So, I don’t really know about the Japanese players’ reactions to the 1mil galli requirement. Personally though, if stage 3 is 1 mill, I have myself wondering how many will be required for stage 4 and 5?! Sure, It’s a scary thought, but I’m looking forward to slowly working on it, like water drips holes into stone.
Commenter 2: The monthly encounters have become a delicious goal!

Commenter 3: I think many people think that there just isn’t enough information at this current stage to really make any sort of decision. I think people will start commenting once we have a full picture of what is required to complete them.

Commenter 4: too early to say I guess…

Thanks for asking this. I'm always curious when content like this is released what the perspective is of the JP community, esp since it seems SE takes in more of their feedback.

No please leave it as it is, it actually works and its fun.
By Phex 2023-05-26 09:39:54
Link | Citer | R

May ask for a (so-called) prime-npc which trades gil into any event points on a 100:1 ratio. Nothing new to spend gil on since years tho. We`d see K.clubs for 80M after a few months ^^
By ashcrow 2023-05-26 10:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Essylt said: »
Monkey paw curls.
Sortie is now alliance content, but gallimaufry is converted to a shared drop that goes into common loot pool. Enjoy.
that wont be fun jesus :(
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-05-26 10:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »
Did anyone who had already done the peculiar RoEs before update get the psyche? It’s really not going to make a difference if I get these five or not, just thought I’d check again.

I did peculiar foes before the update. You tried talking to Elijah multiple times and zoning in between?

I've completed them all before, but had to do my last 2 of this month for Elijah to give me the 5 Psyches.

I usually skip Morbol cause he's a *** unless I go SAM and Kamihr, cause I'm too lazy to do that trip.
I think morbol can be stunned on pop? That may or may not be enough but that's something you could try. As for Kamihr, you just need to take the device to port to outer Ra'kazner (Vagary warp) and then exit to Kamihr and the pop is right there.
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-05-26 12:29:48
Link | Citer | R

I need a better route. I get ~9800 a run triboxing. And there’s no way I’m going to go every single day from now on and never miss a day.

It’s over 3 months for me at that rate. And I do have pieces of gear that I want to +3 yet. That takes me 8 days just to do one.

I, myself, am probably just going to finish my armor I want and then I’m not sure.

Our 3 player route is about 33k. Party of Sam, Cor and Brd (Cor and Brd dualboxed).

Go in, straight to E. Kill the botulus and get KI to prevent taint (most damage from the back gives chest, kill shot from back not required. SC dmg doesnt count as damage from the back. Just use sirvante and dirge and leaden spam on cor from behind). Have to wait a few for naaks to pop before entering boss.

E boss - SV songs, rolls, multistep it down. Cor cutting cards brd as soon as they have SV/Clarion (this will make sure it is up for G boss).

Should have plenty of time left on SV songs - run to E naaks and kill those (sam multistep).

Exit E, base warp > acuex for KIs. Cor does kill shots with nin spells, Sam and Cor get them down to 5% for kill shot fast with Kagero and leaden (wiz roll). Kill the obdella if he's about, if not catch him elsewhere later.

A boss, sam multistep. Exit warp to B. Get chest from fire eles to trigger porxie red (fudo > leaden). Kill porxie if he is around or catch it elsewhere later.

Run to C doors from B (can split for coverage of C zone). Kill Bhoot for red chest. Then go kill C boss (sam multistep). Run to ghosts, mb 3 then kill (usually just do dia or nin magic from cor) to get first KI. We leave second and just take haunt (not an issue with bolters/mazurka).

Now run to C > warp D. Find fomor NM and kill, kill 3 random fomors for red. If you havent found and killed obdella and porxie nm on your travels (usually have by now), find and kill for your reds and aurum chest.

Run to G, stare at blitzer for a chest. SV/clarion will be back up by now > full dd buffs on sam, can buff the trusts with staggering. Sam multistep it down and yaegasumi at 50%. Brd can support with heals.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2023-05-26 12:43:40
Link | Citer | R

My only problem is that you need stage 3 to test the weaponskill. 1 month of work to test a weaponskill, but you can't even test the aftermath. But to be fair, original relics worked that way too, no idea what the weaponskill would do until you unlocked the inside dynamis version. Every other REMA since then, we had alternate ways of unlocking the weaponskills. I'm going to make the staff first because there is finally a good nuking REMA for sch and I'm hoping that after 21 years SE has learned how make a good staff weaponskill for mages. It gives me hope that this staff is not a melee staff like claustrum and khatvanga.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-05-26 12:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
My only problem is that you need stage 3 to test the weaponskill. 1 month of work to test a weaponskill, but you can't even test the aftermath. But to be fair, original relics worked that way too, no idea what the weaponskill would do until you unlocked the inside dynamis version. Every other REMA since then, we had alternate ways of unlocking the weaponskills. I'm going to make the staff first because there is finally a good nuking REMA for sch and I'm hoping that after 21 years SE has learned how make a good staff weaponskill for mages. It gives me hope that this staff is not a melee staff like claustrum and khatvanga.

You can test it in Sortie along with the weaponskill.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2023-05-26 12:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »

I'm not so sure you can, the stage 3 weapons don't have aftermath on the item description.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2023-05-26 13:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »

I'm not so sure you can, the stage 3 weapons don't have aftermath on the item description.
If you check changed items in the OP. They added AM to the stage 3 weapons. I know the DAT doesn't show but if that change is correct as I assume it to be then we'll be able to test AM in Sortie with stage 3.
By Taint 2023-05-26 13:44:04
Link | Citer | R

Starting saving up a million Galli, wait for the first people to finish, check FFXIAH forums, then decide on which one to make. Its only 20k Galli to swap weapons at this point.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-26 14:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Starting saving up a million Galli, wait for the first people to finish, check FFXIAH forums, then decide on which one to make. Its only 20k Galli to swap weapons at this point.

It's assuming a fair bit that there'll be an active poster willing to guinea pig their darling weapon type... for every one. And that said people will be able / willing to perform tests to determine the WS's traits.

Would've been far better for everyone to make stage 3's requirements more modest, and increase 4 & 5 as necessary. Doesn't even follow any logic to go from 10k galli required to 1m. Would've made more sense for stage 3 to be 100k.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-26 14:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »
Would've been far better for everyone to make stage 3's requirements more modest, and increase 4 & 5 as necessary. Doesn't even follow any logic to go from 10k galli required to 1m. Would've made more sense for stage 3 to be 100k.

This is what I was expecting, it gives people more room to experiment and decide what they want. 10k -> 1m is ridiculous.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if their goal was for this to be a 75-cap relic type grind. They already gave us the ML grind to appease people who, for some reason, wanted that old style exp experience. This adds a weapon category that requires a significant commitment of time, likely up to a year on average, and you really have to full send (blindly at this point) with your choice or lose a lot of time/progress.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-26 14:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't even follow any logic to go from 10k galli required to 1m. Would've made more sense for stage 3 to be 100k.

Maybe they were thinking "maybe people won't feel like the new Ultimate weapons are particularly epic if they complete a stage day 1 with materials they had already farmed before the patch"?

I'm sure it could've been balanced differently, but I don't think there's any world in which it's a satisfying experience to log in to find out you already accidently completed a stage of your ultimate weapon in the last patch. I mean, they're not the most epic weapons in the game but like...the shield and the instrument would be marked improvements to log in to find out I already finished.
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-05-26 14:29:01
Link | Citer | R

Many people have said it but the Sortie direct drops are just a complete waste if they aren't a significant part of the upgrade process. 100k or some similarly trivial amount of gallimaufry is perfectly fine if you also need 25 octahedrites. It's like if the Relic upgrade process consisted of collecting an attestation and a fragment except the fragment was also a 100% drop from attestation NMs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-05-26 14:29:48
Link | Citer | R

10k > 10k item > 100k items > 1mil items > 5mil items sounds pretty solid to me. It's a similar amount and lines up pretty nicely. In terms of pure numbers, 10m probably works better, but *** that....
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Serveur: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-05-26 14:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Philemon said: »
Many people have said it but the Sortie direct drops are just a complete waste if they aren't a significant part of the upgrade process. 100k or some similarly trivial amount of gallimaufry is perfectly fine if you also need 25 octahedrites. It's like if the Relic upgrade process consisted of collecting an attestation and a fragment except the fragment was also a 100% drop from attestation NMs.

Who wouldn't like that except for gatekeepers?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Meeble 2023-05-26 15:36:19
Link | Citer | R

10k -> 1m is ridiculous

Don't worry, they'll fix it with a double muffin campaign.

/s
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-26 15:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Meeble said: »
10k -> 1m is ridiculous

/s

Still waiting for a Sinister reign enhanced or double drops campaign... It's about ten years past when it mattered, as per standard.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-26 15:50:03
Link | Citer | R

Who wouldn't like that except for gatekeepers?

Their point is that it makes the second item completely pointless.

In the case of prime weapons, stage 3 requires 2 Octahedrite and 1,000,000 gallimaufry. Octahedrites are as common as Eikondrites were, ergo we're all going to have many dozens of useless Octahedrites by the time we fulfill the requisite gallimaufry. The currency ratio makes no sense and renders Octahedrites a waste of space. On top of all the negative effects of making gallimaufry the primary currency sink (i.e. people are now unable to upgrade empyrean armor without setting their Prime progress back considerably).
[+]
 Shiva.Devastation
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2023-05-26 15:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Wrong area to post, but how long is TVR take to complete?
By SimonSes 2023-05-26 15:57:58
Link | Citer | R

In the case of prime weapons, stage 3 requires 2 Octahedrite and 1,000,000 gallimaufry. Octahedrites are as common as Eikondrites were

We got 0 in 2 runs, so not that common. I still expect to get 2 easily before 1M Galli though.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-26 16:01:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Meeble said: »
10k -> 1m is ridiculous

/s

Still waiting for a Sinister reign enhanced or double drops campaign... It's about ten years past when it mattered, as per standard.

I was wondering about the supposed competition for gallaumafry between prime and empy gear.

My guess is that at some point they will make those upgrade mats to be bazaarable, and exchangable for some sizable amount of gallamaufry.

Then people will farm those stones and sell for others to convert in gallaumafry thus heating economy, whats normally the maub goal of ultimate weapons

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By drakefs 2023-05-26 16:11:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
E boss - SV songs, rolls, multistep it down. Cor cutting cards brd as soon as they have SV/Clarion (this will make sure it is up for G boss).

I obviously misunderstand something about the WS wall. How are you not triggering it?

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Ultimate weapons
Well that name seems to fit a bit better now.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-05-26 16:21:10
Link | Citer | R

drakefs said: »
I obviously misunderstand something about the WS wall. How are you not triggering it?
Don't use the same WS twice in a row.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14