May 2023 Version Update (Part 1)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » May 2023 Version Update (Part 1)
May 2023 Version Update (Part 1)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
By Tarage 2023-05-10 03:37:03
Link | Citer | R

I love how people assume it's all coming from Sortie and not some new Valhalla event.
By Thunderjet 2023-05-10 03:38:18
Link | Citer | R

Katana seems to be really bad… stat wise maybe we is okay hmm
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-10 03:43:50
Link | Citer | R

Tarage said: »
I love how people assume it's all coming from Sortie and not some new Valhalla event.
Lol

You're getting worse at trolling :x
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-10 03:47:12
Link | Citer | R

Thunderjet said: »
Katana seems to be really bad… stat wise maybe we is okay hmm
Not gonna lie most of these seems meh for sure scythe I thought would be little better but I hope the ws is the same as cata. If the weaponskill can still heal drk then I'll pick it up retire my apoc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-05-10 04:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Mipmapping seems to not be working correctly?

It feels like it's not properly registering mipmap settings, stuff is shimmering.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-10 04:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Certainly said: »
So they have doomed us to spend the rest of our FFXI life in Sortie.

Certainly
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-10 04:54:50
Link | Citer | R

kuroki said: »
they mentioned a new battle zone at the end of TVR many times.
Mind to quote where/when they did so?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-10 05:10:49
Link | Citer | R

They said it like once, but anyway, the way it was worded could've meant either a new event or, more likely to be honest, just a battlefield for the last boss. I believe they have outright said that Sortie will be the source of the prime weapon upgrades and that it will be a long, but solo able, process.

It's in one of these threads somewhere.

"new area" being mentioned (later context suggests that it could be a battlefield, not a whole event, which I'm inclined to believe). Also mentions the Sortie thing.

Quote:
Can finish prime weapon solo at your own pace. “Fast people” could probably finish within this year. However final stage will be quite difficult.
Interviewer, “so it would take around half a year to make a prime weapon?”. Fujito: “yes. The content required to make them, Sortie, is time-gated so…”
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-10 05:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
They said it like once, but anyway, the way it was worded could've meant either a new event or, more likely to be honest, just a battlefield for the last boss.
Exactly.
I was one of those who was waiting for the "new content" but it became quite clear a few months ago that most likely there would've been none.
Just had to connect all the dots we had.

1. Took them over one year of "full development" to give us Sortie, from the point where they announced they were working on a "new battle content".

2. They never specifically and unequivocally mentioned they were working on new battle content

3. They announced Prime Weapons would've been released in the May patch.

Point 3 was the last nail in the coffin.
With the release so close and no official announcement of "new content" it was quite obvious that there wouldn't have been new battle stuff for prime weapons, and it would've been quite naive on our side to expect something else.
No surprise, the stage3 weapons report special stuff related to "Sortie", just like the original Relic weapons had Dynamis-only stuff.
It's all there folks, just connect all the dots.
I've been warning people for the past few months about the fact that, quite likely, there wouldn't have been new content for Prime Weapons but Sortie-related stuff. (After all, the beginning of Prime Weapons already is connected to Sortie, with the Gallimaufry and Eikondrite necessary for Stage1 and Stage2)

The "new thing" they mentioned once could've been the last battle stuff you mentioned Prothescar, or the new Master Trial(s?) we know they're working on.

Supposing a new "battle content" will ever be released for FFXI (and given the new direction it took with Fujito > Matsui I wouldn't exactly count on that) then quite clearly it won't be released anytime soon, and it won't be released to Prime weapons.
That's all, folks.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-10 05:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Oh and I forgot the "half a year" part to complete a Prime Weapon from Stage 1 to Stage 5, but yeah it's been discussed in here.

So I guess can we expect an overall requirement of ~7 millions Gallimaufry to go Stage1>Stage5?
Gotta be something along that lines, if we are to believe the half-year thing.

Of course, given the amount of times they've been completely wrong when saying stuff like this, I won't really hold my breath for that lol.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-05-10 05:48:52
Link | Citer | R

Was really hoping for alliance content related to unlocking Prime weapons.

Not a big fan of the 6-man only stuff.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-05-10 06:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »

Was really hoping for alliance content related to unlocking Prime weapons.

Not a big fan of the 6-man only stuff.

Don't think there are 18 real FFXI players to join the alliance though bro
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2023-05-10 06:41:16
Link | Citer | R

Some of those rings sure are interesting.

With their names I’m wondering if they’re hinting at some of the faces we might see in some form in the finale.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-10 06:44:00
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It'd have to be even more busted than that to beat Expiacion, and then more busted than that to make me wanna actually wear that over Tizona!

But hey maybe it's better than Excalibur for rdm

I said it in discord but I would've loved to see something like a generic buff duration+% stat. That would've been a positive effect for blu, pld, and rdm.

But yeah. With exception to the sword (and weird ***like DA on great katana which is practically griefing), I'm happy as a pig in ***.

I'd say Store TP would be more griefing than 10 DA. The only jobs getting TA are Dagger for obvious and Scythe for please play DRK with a SCYTHE PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ.

The sword could have been PDT 2 +5% and we all would have be ecstatic.
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-05-10 06:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Hoo boy, choosing one ring out of those is going to be tough.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-10 06:56:34
Link | Citer | R

10% Haste, Store TP, Crit, and DEX is pretty crazy. Wear whatever you want for body pieces and we still give you store TP, acc, and crit in the same slot. I'm going to have to go look at sets for awhile.

A+ effort SE
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-10 07:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Cannot look past 10% WSD on ring slot, regardless of how good the other rings are.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2023-05-10 07:38:47
Link | Citer | R

Was there any mention of what Aria of Passion does?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-10 07:44:21
Link | Citer | R

kuroki said: »
ws description says it restores hp and mp both!
Hot damn I'm making it glad I choice to do it the other day lol.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-10 07:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Some of those rings sure are interesting.

With their names I’m wondering if they’re hinting at some of the faces we might see in some form in the finale.
Lehko and Raeglise are the only two whos status is uncertain based on the conclusion of WotG storyline. I also had to look up who Gurebu-Orebu and Medada are cause those names were unfamiliar to me. Their names popped up in some lore about the Fourth Yagudo War.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-10 07:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Was there any mention of what Aria of Passion does?

Bottom of the first page, party PDL
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-10 07:51:51
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Cannot look past 10% WSD on ring slot, regardless of how good the other rings are.
I think I'm gonna get the WSD+10% myself, but the other ring with stats and PDL could arguably be a better WS option for some WS at overcapped buffs, and it doubles up as an excellent TP option too.

STR+10 DEX+10 AGI+10 Accuracy+20 Attack+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20 Physical damage limit +10%

The already mentioned DEX+10 "Store TP"+10 Haste+10% Critical hit rate +10% can also be quite attractive for some jobs where you have to accept compromises to reach the >25% haste cap.
I still think I'm gonna get the WSD one though.
But still, like I said earlier whatever you pick, you're gonna get a really sour taste in the back of your mouth at the thought of what you're missing out from the other options.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-10 08:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

It's just a good idea. I like the DEX ring and the pet ring. PDL is obviously good but you'd need the math to pick it over straight WSD.

Everything is just kind of unfortunate vs pure power creep. The MND ring lacks Cure Pot II or cure power+. The INT ring doesn't have magic damage or Magic Crit II. The VIT ring which is an upgrade to the D ring still lacks HP for it to be an attractive pass through piece.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-10 08:03:24
Link | Citer | R

Monthly ROE's are:
Special Dial
Chocobo Race
Walk of Echoes
HTMB (not sure what area because they all use the same ID)

The real question is: is it broken in the JP client? Cause if its not, they aint fixing it lol
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-10 08:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Quote:
The already mentioned DEX+10 "Store TP"+10 Haste+10% Critical hit rate +10% can also be quite attractive for some jobs where you have to accept compromises to reach the >25% haste cap.

Here's some food for thought on the matter. We've already got so much WSD + in nyame R25-R30 and our capes that epa ring sees diminishing returns. This is a flat upgrade to epa of course and you can pair them too, so cornelia's ring is gonna have a lot of appeal for any job with a solid one hit weaponskill. But Lehko Habhoka's Ring is a highly competitive alternative. Store TP + 10 is also the highest value out of any option in that slot, and any weaponskill that you'd use cornelia's ring on also benefits from having more store TP in similar fashion. If your weaponskill scales like savage and rudra's does, then having higher tp values faster also translates into bigger weaponskill numbers.

I'm just waking up and seeing these for the first time here, so I haven't had any chance to do math on them, but critical hit rate + 10 and store TP + 10 in the TP phase for some jobs (thief and dancer in particular) might actually work out to be more overall damage than cornelia's would give. Especially since they have crit attack bonus job traits. R30 Gleti's legs, hands, and knife are already excellent TP options for both those jobs, and dancer also wants to consider gleti's body if they're mainhanding twashtar, so there's a big synergy package here. Lekho could actually come out on top of cornelia's, or at the very least end up in a wash. Anyone feel like breaking out the spreadsheets and doing some comparisons?
By RadialArcana 2023-05-10 08:15:08
Link | Citer | R

They also removed the 20th anniversary logo from the intro screen today.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-10 08:17:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to make a separate post for this because it's a completely different subject, but

Quote:
Scavenge: Prime Arrow Sarv

Scavenge: Prime Bullet Terminus

The prime arrow and bullet are both better than their chrono counterparts. These are the new BiS ammo choices for physical ranged weaponskills. I'd be curious to know just how many of these we can scavenge up in a single go.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11