FF Anniversary Presentation Leak (Rumor)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FF Anniversary Presentation Leak (Rumor)
FF Anniversary Presentation Leak (Rumor)
First Page 2
By RadialArcana 2023-01-14 17:16:42
Link | Citer | R

Huge grain of salt, also I don't like the shared sub thing.

However, it's something to read.

Quote:
Received orders for the FIGS translation of the Final Fantasy Anniversary Presentation happening on February 7th. I'm not green texting this. Press is getting early access to announcements on February 2nd.

Total runtime: 1h 24m

Opening:
Final Fantasy History Presentation

Final Fantasy:
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster - Promotional Video
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line - Promotional Video
Hironobu Sakaguchi Presents: Final Fantasy IX Remake (This Fall)
World of Final Fantasy II: A Mog of Light (May 19th 2023)
Stories from Ivalice: War of the Lions (Summer 2023) (Final fantasy tactics remaster)
Final Fantasy X-3 (Now In Development)
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - Memories (Winter)
Final Fantasy XVI - Focal Presentation Announcement (March 24th 2023)

Final Fantasy Online:
Final Fantasy XI/Final Fantasy XIV Subscription Unity Project (This Fall)
Final Fantasy XI Beginnings Rework Project (This Fall)
Naoki Yoshida: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Anniversary

Final Fantasy Mobile:
Final Fantasy 7: Ever Crisis Closed Beta Test (August 8th 2023)
Final Fantasy: Dissidia Opera Omnia JP - Zenos Trailer
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - Promotional Video

Additional:
Tetsuya Nomura Presents: Final Fantasy Memoria
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker - OST (Spotify/YouTube) Release (April 3rd 2023)
Final Fantasy: Chiptunes Album (Summer 2023)
Final Fantasy Square Enix Store Sale
Distant Worlds
Eorzean Symphony Vol. 3

Closing:
Yosuke Matsuda: Remarks

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ff-anniversary-presentation-leak-rumor.675496/
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-14 17:36:42
Link | Citer | R

Looking forward to an X-3 and anything tactics, those were already talked about for like 8 months+
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-14 17:45:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Final Fantasy XI/Final Fantasy XIV Subscription Unity Project (This Fall)

:thunkful:
[+]
By Aldraii 2023-01-14 17:49:41
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2023-01-14 17:50:19
Link | Citer | R

If true, 'Unity' could mean anything.

-Maybe if you pay for both subs, you get x discount. 20$ total instead of (12.95+12.99) $25.94 total.
-Maybe if you pay for both subs, you get access to extras in the other. Free extra Wardrobe(s) or extra Retainer(s).
-Maybe if you pay for one sub, the other is completely free.
-Maybe if you pay for one sub, you get access to the other game in a limited capacity (free trial plus-esque).
-Maybe SE is re-coding the subscription website in Unity.

Knowing SE I'd wager on the first, maybe second. Since XI is in profit onry mode I'd doubt they'd give anything more up. More players in XI is not a bad thing from a non-executive perspective.

"Beginnings Rework" is however much more interesting as that could nearly be anything.
By Foxfire 2023-01-14 18:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Let's not put too many eggs on the 4chan "I'm working for them" basket

Echoing what I said earlier today elsewhere -
these 4chan posts are the modern equivalent of "My Uncle Works At Nintendo", sprinkled with things that are already announced/likely to be showcased with made-up things to give it an air of "what if it's real" and 9/10, it's not

but if even one of these things ends up being hinted at they'll start the rumor Mill on "what if all these other things are true?!"

anyway. I think it'd be really funny if they really do a "rework" of XI of all things
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-14 18:03:55
Link | Citer | R

The joint payment just makes every bit of sense. No idea why they didn't before. FFX3 plz dont follow that lame drama audio story
[+]
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2023-01-14 18:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Could this be the Job abilities rework they mentioned so long ago they wanted to do?
By RadialArcana 2023-01-14 18:12:53
Link | Citer | R

The implication is a rework of the starter experience, to make it more accessible to ff14 players.
[+]
By Rips 2023-01-14 18:16:27
Link | Citer | R

I’m too old to fall for any of this ***. Not gonna happen to me again.

I’ll believe it when I see it (and it’s delivered and not cancelled.)
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-01-14 18:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Inb4 goodbye POL.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-14 18:43:46
Link | Citer | R

Sounds real Actually They haven't done anything big for FFXI for a long time and VR is not big enough.
[+]
By Murdock 2023-01-14 19:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
"Beginnings Rework" is however much more interesting as that could nearly be anything.

It could even be a boat!
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2023-01-14 19:54:04
Link | Citer | R

I ain't buying ***. I've been burned before.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-01-14 22:53:55
Link | Citer | R

I agree. Not buying anything until it is there in black and white, smacking us in the face with a goblin bomb.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-14 23:28:23
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
The implication is a rework of the starter experience, to make it more accessible to ff14 players.

The starter experience is already pretty accessible, isn't it? I mean you literally have one of the guards telling you what missions to do and where to go for a while. It's a lot more dictated to you than it used to be, in this age of open world games, I don't see the starter experience as being that much different than what you'd get elsewhere.

Not sure how they could make that more trivial unless they added some sort of noob island (plz no).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-14 23:29:27
Link | Citer | R

More of the absolute nightmare of getting INTO the game. Miserable, the whole way.

The whole process is absurd. It is, irritating.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-14 23:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
More of the absolute nightmare of getting INTO the game. Miserable, the whole way.

Yea, that makes sense, especially if they are considering a change to the subscription model (which they said they'd look into doing back in May), it'd make sense that maybe some revamp of the SE account portal and POL mess is what they are referring to.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-15 00:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Yeah, every step is its own level of agony.
By Rips 2023-01-15 00:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Didn’t asmondgold make a whole video on how difficult it was to buy and get the game going When he joined 14?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-15 00:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Murdock said: »
Ragnarok.Trixi said: »

It could even be a boat!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-01-15 01:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Rework: editing books cover in all libraries in Vanadiel.

Expect more zone crashes from now on.
[+]
By Banhammer 2023-01-15 10:52:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
RadialArcana said: »

The starter experience is already pretty accessible, isn't it? I mean you literally have one of the guards telling you what missions to do and where to go for a while. It's a lot more dictated to you than it used to be, in this age of open world games, I don't see the starter experience as being that much different than what you'd get elsewhere.

Not sure how they could make that more trivial unless they added some sort of noob island (plz no).

The game is wholly annoying to get into with a new account, with 0 knowledge and without knowing anyone. It's directionless, you're broke and stay that way, and the armor you're rewarded with is next to useless. Not only that, there are several expansions worth of content gatekeeping the actual game. Expansions should reward players, not erect barriers. It made sense back in the day, but not today.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-15 11:09:14
Link | Citer | R

Banhammer said: »
The game is wholly annoying to get into with a new account, with 0 knowledge and without knowing anyone. It's directionless, you're broke and stay that way, and the armor you're rewarded with is next to useless. Not only that, there are several expansions worth of content gatekeeping the actual game. Expansions should reward players, not erect barriers. It made sense back in the day, but not today.

I started a new char a while back and was pretty surprised to see how the earlier parts of the game were guided a lot more than they were before, you have some NPCs directing you to finish certain quests/tasks, are given exp for them, and you then have a list of things to do via RoE. You also have the benefit of sparks gear, which while not great, is probably enough to carry you through most mission content. The RoV missions also kindof guide you through the earlier missions of most content, make getting subjobs unlocked easier, etc.

Where it felt like I started hitting a brick wall was Adoulin, the KIs required to navigate, the day waits, the coalition nonsense, etc all kinda felt like I was getting walled in.

I had the benefit of experience, though. They could probably do a better job helping people along and finding where to level up through various level ranges, though.
[+]
By Banhammer 2023-01-15 11:16:39
Link | Citer | R

I started a new char a while back and was pretty surprised to see how the earlier parts of the game were guided a lot more than they were before, you have some NPCs directing you to finish certain quests/tasks, are given exp for them, and you then have a list of things to do via RoE. You also have the benefit of sparks gear, which while not great, is probably enough to carry you through most mission content. The RoV missions also kindof guide you through the earlier missions of most content, make getting subjobs unlocked easier, etc.

Where it felt like I started hitting a brick wall was Adoulin, the KIs required to navigate, the day waits, the coalition nonsense, etc all kinda felt like I was getting walled in.

I had the benefit of experience, though. They could probably do a better job helping people along and finding where to level up through various level ranges, though.

When I say directionless, I mean literally directionless. How do you know where KRT is to go do your mission? Why are maps something you're not just given? FFXIV marks your maps for you and guides you to your destination.

I really believe that at this point, all these KI's, spells, maps, etc... just need to be given to you upon starting the game. Like why do I have to SUFFER through WOTG with my mules/new character to do the HTBC?

I've really grown resentful of the way the game has been handled at this point.
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2023-01-15 12:33:30
Link | Citer | R

PS2 Limitations
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-01-15 12:35:08
Link | Citer | R

the beginning is certainly more streamlined, the real problem with sparks gear is that from 50-98 you get no new armor options. unless you KNOW to duck into Abyssea and get the 78 sets, you are pretty screwed. it doesn't help that the AH is a daunting, unfriendly mess if you are new to the game, and you are rolling the dice of there even being things like a Scorpion Harness or Haubergeon for sale. the allowance you are given through Sparks/Accolades each week certainly helps (if they know to actually spend them and such) as well as knowing to activate the RoEs for the area they are currently leveling in. we've had enough added to the game at this point that there are several things that desperately need reworked to not be so cryptic to new players, as well as QoL for existing. the problem will really come down to a cost/return analysis from SE, but considering the player numbers XIV has to it I am sure they are wondering how they can get a couple more bucks a month, especially with how many of their Live Service model games have crashed and burned so hard for the past year.
[+]
By Pulptenks 2023-01-16 02:39:37
Link | Citer | R

I'll believe it when I see it happening. I won't let myself get hyped over such things. The 20th Anniversary, XI-R/M, proven to be all big let downs. As for X3, this was supposed to happen years ago but got cancelled. Not sure I care too much for it to be honest, unless they bring back Lulu's big assets.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-16 03:06:52
Link | Citer | R

When I say directionless, I mean literally directionless. How do you know where KRT is to go do your mission? Why are maps something you're not just given? FFXIV marks your maps for you and guides you to your destination.
That's something I accredit to FFXI, honestly.

I've watched a few folks playing retail FFXI for the first time ever and want as little guidance as possible. At first they're intimidated by not being given a GPS to follow, but quickly learn to follow the instructions given by NPCs. Before they know it, they've learned the world and only need to occasionally ask help, particularly for Chains of Promathia missions because those are needlessly cryptic as hell.

There's a certain level of quality-of-life for everyone. If you have too little, it's frustrating. If you have too much, the game is playing itself and you might as well be watching a movie. I personally can't stand it when a game puts giant glowing exclamation marks over NPC heads and then a giant floating arrow pointing me in the direction I need to hold my control stick while a mini-map covers my entire UX showing the quickest path like Google Maps.
[+]
By Pulptenks 2023-01-16 05:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
At first they're intimidated by not being given a GPS to follow, but quickly learn to follow the instructions given by NPCs

What are you talking about. Everyone shoves google or wiki guides in new player's face. The NPC give little to no information.

This is game is more than just doing story and getting level 99. Why nobody tell people about DI, or how they could start doing some daily activities that could benefits them while they work their story? Like RoE daily for coupons, cause every new character can use currencies, not only sparks and accolade.

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
If you have too much, the game is playing itself and you might as well be watching a movie.

This isn't mobile games we're talking about. And even than, sometimes autoplay is great if you play those, because all you care most the time is the "Gacha" rewards.

I really believe that at this point, all these KI's, spells, maps, etc... just need to be given to you upon starting the game. Like why do I have to SUFFER through WOTG with my mules/new character to do the HTBC?

This could have been easily done by just adding a feat of strength to a PoL account. Same way how you can send certain things/items only across your PoL account characters.

Honestly this game was never designed with the intent of having multiple characters. But probably due to the same dumb PS2 architecture of the game doing such upgrade to the game and implementing alt friendly QoL would probably prove difficult to do.

Like they struggle to do a XI version of a fantasia (Race change thing.) So yeah I feel you on that. I got tired to play what I was playing so I just made a new character.
[+]
First Page 2