Dead Server?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Dead Server?
Dead Server?
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2022-11-11 04:35:54
Link | Citer | R

As I look at the forum here.. with posts being in the years ago stages.. one has to ask, is Carbuncle Server dead?
By Vaerix 2022-11-11 04:39:48
Link | Citer | R

Just cursory, of the 50 most recent forum posts(this one included) 3 of the last people who posted are from carbuncle, I don't actually believe many people post on their server stuff much anymore. But I'll leave that to you carby people to say whether or not you feel the server is dead. Just saying the forum might not have posts for months to years ago because the players are posting elsewhere.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2022-11-11 04:41:46
Link | Citer | R

It's also the fact that day or night.. no one says hi, people barely move. If someone does move it's like night of the zombies.

I'm just wondering what have I logged into kinda.
By Draylo 2022-11-11 04:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Have to move to Asura server, board the noahs ark. 3k pop at all times
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2022-11-11 04:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Only if an when absolutely necessary.. I have nothing else to add to that.
By Draylo 2022-11-11 04:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Its necessary just look around you, why not just spend the small amount and enjoy yourself more.
By mohgeroth 2022-11-11 05:49:20
Link | Citer | R

It’s very quiet here. Lots of JP activity in the morning (EST here).

Most English people just talk in linkshells, there is little to no chat in shouts or yells. Check a linkshell concierge for any pearls for the English shells if they have any.

If you looking for lots of people and pugs to join you’re probably not going to find that here but most of us know each other. Several of us are happy to help though!
 Asura.Daleterrence
Serveur: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-11-11 07:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Waterdust said: »
Only if an when absolutely necessary.. I have nothing else to add to that.

We're not all bad, honest!
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-11-11 09:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck is a dead server but I rather chew on glass than go to asura. I've done everything in FFXI without mules as well, All about that BIG D Energy my friends.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-11 10:21:02
Link | Citer | R

As Moh said (hey Moh!) the server is small but not dead. There's not really any pick up groups to speak of, but several small but dedicated linkshells helping each other out, completing content, and a reasonable enough economy. If you need a linkpearl, InitialDSocialStage is open to all. You can check in with me, Samuraiking, Storyteller, or Renati for a pearl. Between all those people there's pretty much always someone on.
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-11 12:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Waterdust, judging from your posting history I can see that you were around in 2011 and then gone for almost a decade and started posting again in 2020.

Gone are the days of all the servers popping off in shouts and chat. I'm from Quetz, arguably the most dead server of them all now, and I remember when its pop was 4,000+ at all times.

It is what it is. I'm sure you'll be able to find helpful, quality LS mates on any server though if you just look hard enough.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-11-11 12:44:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura is the biggest server, it's what you could call the most modern mmorpg server (lots of pug, lots of rmt, lots of solo players buying stuff from mercs, lots of people willing to help with stuff cause they are bored) and is pretty unlike any other server.

Bahamut is 2nd biggest, lots of Asura people moved there. Bahamut has near no RMT shouts, people who solo are far less well geared, people are more LS focused.

Odin is fairly big but Jp dominant.

All the others are a fair bit smaller, and the people on them like it that way.

The good things about Asura is the population, the downside is that population is probably wanting to do that thing you wanted to do.

Going to any other server means you either solo and be happy with that, or you join a linkshell and since there is very little pug activity you will find they actually do stuff together.
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-11-11 12:57:00
Link | Citer | R

Dead servers are fun, but you still need people to play with.
[+]
By Bongarippa 2022-11-11 17:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Bismarck is a dead server but I rather chew on glass than go to asura. I've done everything in FFXI without mules as well, All about that BIG D Energy my friends.
I like our little server. Sure theres not a lot of people here, but we also dont have long lines to get in to ambus or trove or no comp in aby if we feel like makin another empy or some ***.
[+]
 Kujata.Atarashi
Serveur: Kujata
user: TaoVhal
By Kujata.Atarashi 2022-11-11 19:11:16
Link | Citer | R

Bongarippa said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I like our little server. Sure theres not a lot of people here, but we also dont have long lines to get in to ambus or trove or no comp in aby if we feel like makin another empy or some ***.

Bis is a nice place certainly, most of the PUG stuff is with Japanese but that's rarely an issue. :) I love no wait times like Bong said.
By Banhammer 2022-11-11 19:18:12
Link | Citer | R

The servers are dead because this game is awful. This 6-man content is breaking up friendships and linkshells and is killing the game. The 6-man content is also poorly designed, grindy, uninspired, punishing and just generally depressing. I'm already regretting the resub for Sortie.
By Draylo 2022-11-11 19:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Why would they add alliance content when everyone is quitting and bopping to other games? Who can maintain an event shell in that setting? It has nothing to do with 6 man or alliance content, Odyssey was pretty good and challenging for 6 man parties. The problem is they aren't putting enough resources into this game at all, no advertisement, no server mergers, no care at all really. It literally feels like only two people are working on the game and its some indie project. Such a shame they can waste so much on other projects but wont be willing to invest into their old cash cow.

Its funny and a little weird. I remember how I used to champion alliance content back when all the servers were still popping. I said we need alliance content to maintain LS health and keep this game going overall, and literally everyone across all forums was saying my opinion sucked and 6man was the best. Now that everyone and their grandma is 6 boxing and theres no alliance content, people are advocating for it on the forums lol.
By Banhammer 2022-11-11 19:38:56
Link | Citer | R

My personal experience is that a number of people, including myself, returned for the 20th and subsequently quit because they couldn't do anything with their friends due to party size limitations. They easily scaled Omen and Dynamis to accommodate 3 to 18 people. Not continuing that is just lazy or foolish or both.

At any rate, this game is ***. Unsubbing again. At least the portfolio piece for the dev's came out well. Our money well spent.

Simps will defend it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-11 19:58:56
Link | Citer | R

If you can't adapt, you can always get a copy of Elmo's Letter Adventure, or Barbie Dressup.

https://mmorpg.gg/best-mmos-for-kids/
(lol, 14 is for kids!? and wow? ok)
[+]
By Banhammer 2022-11-11 20:08:07
Link | Citer | R

They're probably better than this trash. How much are they?
By Draylo 2022-11-11 20:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Its not trash, sorry you couldnt get carried
[+]
By Banhammer 2022-11-11 20:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Elmo's Letter Adventure probably has more active players than FFXI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-11-11 20:41:59
Link | Citer | R

Banhammer said: »
Elmo's Letter Adventure probably has more active players than FFXI.

hahaha, your prob right. But the 15 people I play with consistently don't want to play anything else. So my dumb *** has to play FFXAssss or Final 3mil to ML50 Antasy instead of another ***mmo with a terrible endgame and toxic player base that all they do is complain about metas and the inability to have amazing luck.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-11-11 21:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Yall are so jaded, I can't believe how jaded some players can become after playing this game so long. Its a miracle its even still around, but it never ceases to amaze me how butthurt people get over this game like it owes them something. You could do a whole case study on ex players and how jaded they become, to the point they are willingly cheering the downfall of the game and making snide comments to anyone still left playing. Oh ya, I guess we are in stockholm syndrome or whatever else they gonna come up with to insult anyone who enjoys XI still.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-11-11 22:37:32
Link | Citer | R

I mean, a thread was made.
It's like Godwin's Law that every thread on AH will turn into "Yay/*** Asura" or "why won't my peepee pts update? I made a Claustrum, yo"
First Page 2