New Content After Sortie / Master Levels?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Content After Sortie / Master Levels?
New Content After Sortie / Master Levels?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2022-11-05 01:00:17
Link | Citer | R

New ambuscades, higher tiers to each HTB (extreme), something similar to Delve. I think Sortie was just a big fail and boring. They did decently on Odyssey though, so theres still some hope they can make ok content.
By Aquatiq 2022-11-05 02:11:59
Link | Citer | R

We can have groupsize-scaling content. We have the technology. Since a long *** time ago.
By Vaerix 2022-11-05 03:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Well unless all of prime progression is tied to sortie we're bound to get something new as far as battlefield content. Maybe our abyssea redux dreams will be realized.
By RadialArcana 2022-11-05 05:43:56
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Seun 2022-11-05 07:06:10
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
New ambuscades, higher tiers to each HTB (extreme), something similar to Delve.

I wanted them to expand ambuscade as well, but they've already said there is no plan for that. We will get occasional new fights and adjusted repeats we've already seen a few times, but no expansion of the gear or weapons.

I think the extreme version of HTMB could be done easily, but it's pretty late in the game for that. I'm through farming these so I don't realy have a reason to return. Considering the grind, it'd have to be a hell of a reason. Also, I feel like this is what they were after with Master Trials...

Aquatiq said: »
We can have groupsize-scaling content. We have the technology. Since a long *** time ago.

It sure didn't work with HELM. Not well at all.
 Asura.Disclai
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-11-05 09:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »
I think the extreme version of HTMB could be done easily, but it's pretty late in the game for that. I'm through farming these so I don't realy have a reason to return. Considering the grind, it'd have to be a hell of a reason.

They could just implement a Unity-esque upgrade system for old HTBF gear, tying further difficulty levels into that. Could be pretty cool IMO.

While we're at it, recycle other old fights into HTBF, like Bahamut or Mammets.

There's really no shortage of old content they could recycle into new content.
By Rips 2022-11-05 10:10:34
Link | Citer | R

I can see them coming out with another storyline once TVR finishes. Other than that, I really don't know. What's the point of more power scaling gear if there's no new content to challenge ourselves with after Sortie?

Again, as I said before, I won't ***. At worst, I'm grateful this game is still around.
By Seun 2022-11-05 10:36:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »
They could just implement a Unity-esque upgrade system for old HTBF gear, tying further difficulty levels into that. Could be pretty cool IMO.

While we're at it, recycle other old fights into HTBF, like Bahamut or Mammets.

There's really no shortage of old content they could recycle into new content.

I think it's just the fact that I spent so much time there recently. They seem too fresh to need the 'treatment', but I'd love to see Bahamut or other new(old) material.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't put new seals on the ML mobs and start making higher level BCNMs.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-11-05 10:37:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They only want to bring their octoboxes and they can't do that with 6 character content.

There is absolutely zero people wishing for 18 human content. It's all people trying to justify their over spending.

(and that's fine, they're just being disingenuous about the reason)
Wouldn't this be the same with a person who has himself and 5 other bots running stuff in 6 man content? Doesn't matter if its 6 or 18man. You may not be asking for 18 but some are. Idk why you say 0 people asking for it when tons asking for it just like tons asking for 6 man. If anything the octobox bot gods would want 6 man content anyway can bot freely not like you gonna report yourself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-11-05 10:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They only want to bring their octoboxes and they can't do that with 6 character content.

There is absolutely zero people wishing for 18 human content. It's all people trying to justify their over spending.

(and that's fine, they're just being disingenuous about the reason)

If you have no friends to play with, just say so. Most of the people I play with don’t multibox, and my linkshell can get over 18+ real people. So stop projecting yourself about botting and being lonely.

Happy Saturday :)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-05 10:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Next content will randomly have magic, items, weapon skills / job abilities removed from a fight.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-05 14:31:46
Link | Citer | R

7-9 means two groups of 4+cornelia(sylvie)

Simple math.

You see at as 6+2 instead of 4+4 or 3+3+3 etc
(because we only have one bard or one whm or whatever other excuse to not be performing at peak meta)

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-05 14:36:17
Link | Citer | R

You can do content without 3 buffers, you'll be ok, I promise.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-05 14:52:27
Link | Citer | R

For most linkshells, restricting content to 6 isn't fun. They mostly cater to small groups and multi-boxers. However, ensuring that you need a full alliance (or close to it) to beat content makes it difficult, especially for the organizers, and I know this as a leader of events for many years. To clear Dynamis-D we had to get two linkshells together to do it, otherwise we wouldn't stand a chance.

Alliance content encourages more pickup groups, but they are sparse outside the biggest servers. Dare I say that if the content is "balanced" so it can be beaten by 18 average players, 12 good players, and is a challenge for 6 great players, I believe that would please most groups.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-05 14:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Alliance content encourages carries and sales.

6 member encourages all 6 participate.

You can make a tank, a whm, a geo, a bard "good enough" to beat content with in a day. You're just whiners.

No one wants to be the tank or be the healer, I know, I understand, they want to hit one macro while half afk.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-05 15:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Also, what I'd like to see is a progression system implemented into the content that rewards those who gain higher "evaluations". SE already has the means to do this with Domain Invasion, so tweak that for a new alliance battle system and it would encourage folks not to sit on their backsides and AFK.

Make it so the enemies need a range of strategies, so everyone has to participate to get the wins. I wouldn't make it so that someone can't get a "clear" if they AFK, but at least give players more standard items (or content exclusive currency) for actively performing actions across the allotted time. Naturally, jobs like tanks, healers, and the strongest damage dealers will get more items because they are always acting, but that's a good thing in my book.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-05 15:51:47
Link | Citer | R

If they aren't willing to do more than just gear the flavor or the month and spam the ws of the month then good riddance to bad rubbish.

Better they quit now before you waste effort on them.
By Bongarippa 2022-11-05 16:14:34
Link | Citer | R

People want 18 person content. Idk if there's even 18 actual players on Bismarck for that kind of content ;_;
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-05 16:29:05
Link | Citer | R

those speaking against '18man content' are really pushing that number, 18.

Guys, its never been about that "18" for those of us who want it to still matter, and its not about fitting in buyers....it's a whole lot more about that cap of 6 leaving out friends than anything else. So let go of thinking everyone who clamours for alliance content is either merc'ing or honestly wants 18. What we want is flexibility, and we know the problems that flexibility already causes. But if SE doesn't give a ***about the cycling sparks bots that don't stop me from doing content, why *** with what their 'real' players are doing?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-05 16:36:25
Link | Citer | R

There is nothing stopping you from taking your 8 person linkshell and making 2 runs of 4 players.

It's just silly.

But we can't play together! It's an hour a day. Rotate.

We don't have 2 bards with carn! Ah, well ***, you got me there, it IS impossible to win without that.
By Torzak 2022-11-05 16:45:00
Link | Citer | R

I don't see anyone mentioning 12man content. Can't be that hard to lock content to two parties and solves a lot of the 7-9 people thing I see in this thread.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-05 16:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Torzak said: »
I don't see anyone mentioning 12man content. Can't be that hard to lock content to two parties and solves a lot of the 7-9 people thing I see in this thread.

Likely only because we've never seen a cap set at 12 in FFXI so far, so we're not even contemplating that SE would give that option. I don't think its a lack of desire for that size, just zero belief that SE would change their content formulas so late in the game's life.
By Draylo 2022-11-05 16:49:45
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »
Draylo said: »
New ambuscades, higher tiers to each HTB (extreme), something similar to Delve.

I wanted them to expand ambuscade as well, but they've already said there is no plan for that. We will get occasional new fights and adjusted repeats we've already seen a few times, but no expansion of the gear or weapons.

I just want new fights with different mechanics and favoring different jobs each month, they been occasionally doing that so thats nice.

Quote:
I think the extreme version of HTMB could be done easily, but it's pretty late in the game for that. I'm through farming these so I don't realy have a reason to return. Considering the grind, it'd have to be a hell of a reason. Also, I feel like this is what they were after with Master Trials...

Plenty of ways to continue it, they could add a new type of material for the new REMA type weapons.. or let us augment the gear. Its just an idea I had since I was a kid and I was really happy to see them adding harder versions of really cool iconic fights. Now that we are way past it, theres not much reason to do a lot of them so it would be nice to do extreme ver with different mechanics.